Ever since I saw this it's hard to enjoy other horror movies, they just seem shitty in comparison

Ever since I saw this it's hard to enjoy other horror movies, they just seem shitty in comparison.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SOpcdJ_V5_M
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1476528605692.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honestly, from what I've seen, Evil Dead 1 and 2 are some of the only old horror movies that still hold up.

hahahahahahahaha
holy fuck
consider jumping off a bridge anytime soon

I liked Evil Dead but found Evil Dead 2 to be boring desu

Evil Dead is the only good one in the trilogy. ED 2 was meh and Army Of Darkness was terrible.

I think ED2 strikes a nice balance, Army of Darkness is not even trying to be a horror movie.

I enjoy it because it's very surreal to think that it's a sequel to the original.

the series is the "bestest" though. ED2 on steroids, without going full retard like AoD

I liked some parts of it, but it wasn't as fun as the original. AoD wasn't even entertaining, and that's coming from a person that enjoys 80's cheesy action films and schlocks.

Why

How can you even compare them? They are entirely different movies

>Evil Dead 1 - horror
>Evil Dead 2 - slapstick comedy
>Evil Dead 3 - comedy/adventure

Try Dawn of the Dead 1978, not scary but creative and entertaining in a very similar way

ED2 is literally a woman screaming for an hour and a half.

They're in the same trilogy and by the same director, if I'm not mistaken, so why wouldn't I compare them?

Breaking Bad and Malcolm in the Middle are by the same actor, but how would you compare them

You're way out of line, but I'll go with the flow. I can compare his growth as an actor. Other than that, not really.

sorry

I've seen it, I guess that one would be enjoyable too, tho I mostly appreciate it being a smart movie, I don't recall it being so nerve breaking as ED1.

The show is pretty fantastic too, yeah, can't wait for season two, hope they have ideas to keep it going for a bit longer too.

The first 2 movies are a lot of screaming and general loudness, when the more intense parts kick in, they create a very hellish atmosphere and all that obnoxious sound is part of it.

Funnily enough ED2 fails at being as tense as the original because it establishes pretty early on that the deadites aren't as deadly as in the original, so you don't feel the characters are in danger AS much, and then everyone die

for your shit taste

I don't care how much the tone shifted from the first film to now, seeing this in the first trailer felt so good

They have the same actor. They were not made by him.

You forgot
>Evil Dead TV Series - Kino

Not him but prove me wrong.

What are some other classic horror movies that actually hold up today? Most other horror movies from that period are downright cheesy or are kinda good but aren't scary or that tense, partially because the effects are awful compared to what we have now. That and the scares are so ridiculously tame.

>horror is all about scares
hahahahahahahaha
youre digging that hole deeper and deeper my man

The thing.

Horror is literally about being scared you fucking retard.

Everything else is just icing on the cake.

youtu.be/SOpcdJ_V5_M
It has one of my favorite sequences in cinematic history.

The Shining.

>implying Hal didn't murder his family, move to new mexico, and start a new one

>non-answer

Keep it coming.

ED and the ED series are genuinely great, but they aren't the only ones of that era that are good. Carpenter's The Thing is another great example of a horror movie. More than that though, you're talking about an era of movies where studios were willing to take risks showing batshit stuff (Jacob's Ladder is an example here), and most special effects weren't yet touched by awful CGI.

I haven't seen The Thing in years, I don't remember much of it.

I didn't liked the 80s remake of The Fly, tho, so i'm kind of worried that it will be a similar thing.

you're an adult. you're not going to be scared by any horror movie. Horror is a genre, not an indicator on whether or not you will be scared. if you want to be scared you need terror.

Not the same user, but I think horror is definitely the "scary movie" genre.

And there's definitely movies that are never breaking no matter how old you are, and ED1 is one of them.

99% of horror movies arent scary m8
most of them just deal with things that are strange, disturbing, repulsive, suspensful, unnatural, supernatural etc
ever watched a cronenberg film?? jacobs ladder? dont look now? invasion of the body snatchers?
like fuck me, even the thing isnt scary, its a movie for fucks sake, its not going to happen to you in real life, why would you be scared of it
what horror movies do for me is entertain through tension, suspense, gore, disease, mutation, death etc
it deals with the weird, the abnormal, the surreal, things i dont get to see in other genres
if you want to be scared go watch some garbo that has a million jumpscares in it, but you know im not real fond of stuff that just cheaply exploits an involuntary human reaction as the basis of its merit

>what horror movies do for me is entertain through tension, suspense, gore, disease, mutation, death etc
>it deals with the weird, the abnormal, the surreal, things i dont get to see in other genres
This is how I feel about horror as well. Some of my favorite films of all time are horror, but they don't frighten me. They are simply well crafted films that happen to make me feel tense every now and then but entertain me through the practical effects, set designs, and the atmosphere.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1476528605692.webm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I just don't see why you'd use The Evil Dead as a movie that isn't cheesy.

>horror
really faggot