Hopkins, 78, doesn't watch television. He can barely remember filming the show, in which he plays Dr Robert Ford...

>Hopkins, 78, doesn't watch television. He can barely remember filming the show, in which he plays Dr Robert Ford, the creator of a futuristic theme park and possible inventor of AI.

>And he's definitely not going to watch Westworld.

wew

nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11727480

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9QIvy3T8kg
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/10/anthony-hopkins-breaking-bad-fan-letter
dailymotion.com/video/x49mqpu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

probably spends all day napping

>They were there to play the publicity game, to promote the show, to talk it up. Most did exactly that. "This might possibly be the greatest show of all time," chirped Wood. "It put chills up my arms," gushed Newton. "This is really special," said Marsden. Harris just lowered his head and mumbled something about guns.

is this the kiwi version of the Onion?

so he likes cinema? How does he watch that?

m8 NZ media makes the Onion look like the Wall Street Journal

Considering his performance, I'm not surprised. The worst lines in show come from him.

He has better things to do than watch tv, like act really well, spend time with his family, and probably read. Not surprising.

He acts well, so of course he doesn't give a fuck, his inside actors studio stuff is funny

>anthony hopkins and ed harris competing as to which can be more open about their constant disdain for everything on this earth

I'm surprised they got either of those blowhards to do any press at all.

Is that true for most actors anyways? I never see them watching themselves in a tv show/movie.

>I never see them watching themselves in a tv show/movie.
So thus it might not happen?

Many actors publicly state they never watch anything they were in.

I'm thinking this is a vocal minority. Actors are generally extremely vain and even those who would probably want to see how their performance turned out.

this

The way he says "witchcraft" in episode 2 is retarded.

Problem with watching your own stuff is that you constantly second-guess what you did; it's no fun at all to watch because all you do is pick apart your performance.

I understand, but I think their vanity, curiosity, and desire to prove would win out in the end, considering how they act can determine whether they get new roles in the future.

*Meant to say desire to improve.

Orson Wells said that actors are a third sex.
Mhuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the french.

He'll be fine.

Didn't he write a dick sucking letter to Bryan Cranston telling him that Walter White was the greatest performance he'd ever seen?

I've watched a lot of panels and it seems common for actors to not watch the stuff they do, I think it is more about influencing their future performances than vanity.

Musicians do shit like this too so it isn't too weird, I love quotes by sevendust where they won't listen to any metal because they're worried they will fuck up what they're working on. Same idea.

To add onto my own post, I don't think it influences in a bad way though, more it helps you avoid doing things you dislike in others work, which is why better writers tend to be well read. You cannot understand what choices to make unless you see what other people are doing..that is part of being informed.

So artistic philosophy maybe

>I love quotes by sevendust where they won't listen to any metal because they're worried they will fuck up what they're working on.
fukin hell so that's why my shit sucks.

>is perfection... Covers it up by 'being an actor'. Come on up here, sir popsikins...

>doesn't watch television

But he sent Bryan Cranston a letter congratulating him on how fucking great he was on Breaking Bad.

I call bullshit.

Hopkins is too old to give a fuck anymore, so he's in shit like Thor, Transformers 5 and Westworld these days.

I don't know how anyone can think that article is legit when that line about Ed Harris is in it, see

>Harris just lowered his head and mumbled something about guns.

Oh fuck off you liberal journalists crying to repeal the 2nd, there is a great armory work behind this series and it is worth to talk about.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9QIvy3T8kg

There's indications otherwise that's satire.

maybe he saw the dvds

8*No indications otherwise.

Then why write like that then, is he really just a nogunz hater like implies? It's just really strange to be like blahblahguns.

I don't know what that's supposed to imply.

Jesus, why am I even talking to you WHERE IS YOUR SUPERVISOR?!

>why write like that
>Chris Schulz is the deputy head of entertainment for the New Zealand Herald.
hardly the new york times. he probably takes inspiration from buzzfeed journalism.

I remember him doing an interview with larry king a couple of years ago, and he said he never watches TV, and rarely watches films.
He also said he doesn't have any friends.

dumb fucking frogposter

i think you're knee-jerking. nothing says nogunz about this article, he just wrote it like that. he made an article about some new video game and talked about the guns, not once mentioning how guns r bad mkay.

>yfw you found out hopkins played an african american man in this

>muh second amendment
>nzherald

i fucking hate actors who act like they're above their work

But in this case, he probably is, or at least he used to be.

>anthony hopkins and ed harris competing as to which can be more open about their constant disdain for everything on this earth

I love this line.

Didn't he watch Breaking Bad and write a letter to the cast?

Hopkins seems like the kind of guy that knows he's just an actor and acting is just being a glorified action figur.

>Hopkins, 78, doesn't watch television
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/10/anthony-hopkins-breaking-bad-fan-letter

I get the sense that being an entertainer, like an actor or comedian, is a strange career path where you have to be at least a bit of a genius to make it to the upper levels but at the same time the business itself is kind of shallow. As a result a lot of people who make it quickly run out of room to grow and start to feel trapped.

>and mumbled something about guns
He might have been referring to the liberties they took with the Le Mat design of the revolver his character wields as referenced in that video.

I have the feeling most of the good actors are just good actors because they look interesting but they basically just play different versions of themselves. Slightly more angry, etc. Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise in every movie.

Newsflash, you faggots: many, many actors do not watch their own productions.

that sounds distinctly true.

dailymotion.com/video/x49mqpu

He even realizes that he wanted Hannibal performance to keep going with distinction that maybe he shouldn't have done Hannibal/Red dragon type stuff.

So he has a sense of inner reflection.

>but they basically just play different versions of themselves

Eva Green was asked why she gets naked in most of her movies and she said something to the effect that she's actually incredibly shy and this is the closest she gets to being that kind of person.

YOU KNOW, PRETENDING LIKE ACTORS DO

but he is saying she is still the vessel so that self is still her.

Senility is a sad thing.

Also why do people like Hopkins? He's never been in a good movie. Silence of the Lambs isn't that good - and it's all hes got.

>Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise in every movie.
>different versions of themselves.
Tom Cruise is actually a condescending nutjob, so no, it's not accurate to say he plays himself, or a version of himself.

Senility is a sad thing but to make that statement seems false and biased.

Then it's him playing something he thinks he is or wish he was. In terms of Westworld can you tell a difference between Ed Harris there and Ed Harris in a History of Violence? I can't, at least if I'm not describing his appearance or something he does.

Name three movies of his you've seen that aren't him playing Hannibal Lecter.

>In terms of Westworld can you tell a difference between Ed Harris there and Ed Harris in a History of Violence?

Whatever you say, Joey

>Hopkins, 78, doesn't watch television

This is the same guy who binge-watched Breaking Bad and wrote an autistic fan letter to Brian Cranston afterwards, right?

>Then it's him playing something he thinks he is or wish he was.
I don't know how you would determine this, but okay.

> In terms of Westworld can you tell a difference between Ed Harris there and Ed Harris in a History of Violence?
So he either has little range, or one character worked for another. The actor probably does not have that character.

Maybe he watched it on Netflix. It's a streaming service and not television.

>YWN meet a shy Eva who works in a Paris library and uses a affair with a tourist to be that kind of person.