What does Cred Forums think of this sunkino?

What does Cred Forums think of this sunkino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uGvYpSwwyiM
youtube.com/watch?v=LHvR1fRTW8g
youtube.com/results?search_query=can we land on the sun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shit

>le third act maymay in 3...2...1...

third act is shit

got here as fast as i could

the third act is awesome, the first two thirds are shit though.

KANADA, WHAT DO YOU SEE?

KANEDA, WHAT DO YOU SEE?

the first two acts are a film

the third act is where it becomes kino

My dvd copy broke and I could only watch the 3rd act.

I thought I put on Jason X by mistake.

>lets fly really close to the Sun to blow it up

a more retarded storyline you will not find.

absolute fucking kino

>At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

so like wtf was that thing at the end trying to kill them all?

>let's send two (2) crews on a mission an automated rocket could accomplish and lose them both
>also there's a magic burning man on a derelict spacship
BRAVO BOYLE

Honestly, best science-fiction film of the last years.

Interstellar is complete bullshit compared to it.

The antagonist was very scary.

Top lel.

I just saw this movie, the plot is stupid, and there are a lot of things that dont add up, or make sense.

That aside its a great film. One of my favorites despite its serious flaws.

FOR SEVEN YEARS I SPOKE WITH GOD

Th script is definitely the weakest part of the film. Otherwise you've got okay casting, good performances and nice cinematography.

The Enemy. Like some CS Lewis science fiction shit. They came out of the silent planet and then were subject to le Satan by the sun.

did kappa just go crazy and kill everyone on the ship, is that what happened?

No?

Fantastic soundtrack

The capitan of the first ship who went bonkers because of the sheer vastness of space compared to the completely insignificance of the human race.

It's visually stunning. One of the best space films I've ever seen. Superb dialogue and great acting too.

Oh and based Chris.

>le epic four chords over and over and over

What did he see, tho?

>I hate everything

>"I hate fun"

Hatemind

Which two people are you quoting?

Searle is obsessed with the Sun.

Honestly rose byrne is the only redeeming factor the movie has going for it.

Kappa's jump is fucking amazing. I was on the edge of my fucking seat when I saw that shit in theatres. Fucking went back the next day with my group of friends and watched again.

youtube.com/watch?v=uGvYpSwwyiM

>friends

cheesy cheap sci-fi that was only made 9 years ago and has aged worse than shit made 90 years ago

You are the one who needs to get out, edgelord.

shes always sad :(

she's so hot. I hate how old she is though now :(

One of my favorite kinos for sure. Le third act may may is a pleb filter.

>why are you looking at me like that user?
>you know we can't do that again until my butt heals

Horrible, starts offf boring and then just rips off people go crazy in space and become slashers from event horizon and dead space.

If you didn't like the movie why come into a thread about it to try and ruin everyone's fun?

Is this all we will be remembered by?

Because he's right

>dead space
Opinion discarded. Go back to

It's slasher done perfectly, but it kind of ruined the atmosphere the movie built up to that point. They were alone in dead space when suddenly, OOOOPS that guy who could have saved the world 7 years ago is still alive, has gone insane for some reason, killed everyone on the other ship, magically jumped on the Icarus II and wants to murder us too, but not before the ship's computer tells us he's here

last man alone with god sun-demi-god zombie monster. it doesnt need an explanation

stardust is PURE KINO

I wasn't addressing whether or not they were correct. I was asking why, if you dislike something, can't you just move along and go post in a thread you will enjoy instead of trying to ruin the discussion of people who enjoy it.

>Mark Strong in both
Is it poetry?

>it doesnt need an explanation
Yeah, because it's dumb as hell.

Well it wouldn't be much of a disscusdoln if it was one sided.

Not some reason. Its explained.
Also, he didnt kill the crew, they choose to die in the observation room

breddy gud

started off strong, finished weak tho famalam

I guess it's just the sudden change from sci-fi drama to slasher film that bothered the audience.

>it's explained
It's not explained how a dude with most of his skin burned off is alive and survived 7 years on board a derelict space craft, let alone how he managed to get across from one vessel to another undetected.

>muh realism
>why is this work of fiction with symbolic overtones not 100% accurate?

Plebeians please begone.

>t. capeshit fan

Discussions don't have to have a pro and con side. That is an argument.

Nice straw man.

DUUUUDE
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAOOOO

That's not a strawman, retard.

>Oh and based Chris.
I was so surprised to see him there too.

Fantastic4
Cpt America
Scott Pilgrim
Sunshine

I just rewatched Scott Pilgrim the other day, such a fun movie.

>The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern: Person A has position X.

Yeah, it sure isn't.

I liked the third act, it added lots of weirdness. The action wasn't excessive but coming after such a slow movie it was jarring.

To me the biggest irritant in this movie is the premise. Restarting the sun with a ball of uranium is too stupid for words and doesn't even need to be there. In the past people did crazy things for the sport of it, to be the first men on the Sun is its own reward for doing it.

>muh realism
>why is this work of fiction with symbolic overtones not 100% accurate?

are you retarded?
the whole concept of the movie is as unrealistic as it gets
it's physically impossible for a star like the sun to die out in 50 years
and the daily energy output of the sun is equivalent to that of a quadrillion Earths worth of nukes, so any plan to "re-start" the sun using nuclear weapons is just plain stupid

we're not complaining about the realism in this film, we love it the way it is

>to be the first men on the Sun is its own reward
You are in no position to call anything stupid.

>we're not complaining about the realism in this film

The posts I quoted certainly are.

Nobody said the film was unrealistic. They said it was stupid.

>it's physically impossible for a star like the sun to die out in 50 years

What is a qball

My man.
Yeah it made me fall in love with Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

>They said it was stupid
Because the events that take place in it are unrealistic, perhaps?

No, because the premise that you need actual human beings to pilot a spacecraft into the single most easiest to hit object in our solar system and have a guy on board that has to press a couple buttons for a bomb to go off because a computer apparently can't do it is stupid. Not unrealistic, but just plain stupid.

getting to the sun is actually the most fuel intensive destinations in the solar system. It takes less energy to get to pluto, than it does to send a probe to the sun.

l2physics

And why exactly is that, user? And what does fuel consumption have to do with needing a pilot?

what part of the movie didnt you understand that they have no fucking idea what they are doing, or if it will work?

Cappa was there to make sure everything goes right, and make last minute adjustments. The rest of the crew was to support him

I understand that completely. That doesn't make it any less stupid or unnecessary.

Dude wanted to put a crew in space, and the sun makes great visuals. The rest was filled in.

Still waiting for you to explain how "the sun is actually the most fuel intensive destinations in the solar system" btw.

How? The first man on the Moon is world famous, the first man on the Sun would be doubly so. And don't tell me it's impossible to land on the Sun, it's an engineering problem but this is a sci-fi movie, it's not impossible in principle.

Don't expect an autist to comprehend that, user.

>be loser all my life
>finally find gf
>be happy for a short while
>then it turns out she's got severe ulcerative colitis and will be in constant pain until she probably kills herself out of guilt for being a burden to me

is my life kino?

Take care of her.

She finds things like overdosing on sleeping pills and dying in your lovers arms romantic so maybe something like that will occur. It would mentally be very painful (for me) though.

>tfw no gf
make sure she knows how much she means to you user, she wont be around forever

well she might be around for a long time, ulcerative colitis doesn't affect your lifespan, it just makes it painful to be alive (your intestines walls get eaten away so whenenver food goes through it it scrapes at your insides and you can feel it)

Introduce her to drugs. Start with opium or morphine.

Isn't this the one that there's a much better russian version of?

You're thinking of Solaris.

maybe if i get a good job i can get a doctor to sling her tonnes of opioids

If she has some horrific pain condition she can get them prescribed.

then i can take a cheeky sample eh?

DBIDF pls go

Just drink her blood when she's high. Tell her it's romantic or some shit.

>Still waiting for you to explain how "the sun is actually the most fuel intensive destinations in the solar system" btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=LHvR1fRTW8g

>'landing' on a plasma
>it's not impossible in principle

What law of physics does it violate, dum-dum?

the part that the sun does not have a solid surface.

So it's impossible to land on the sea? With the right technology you could land on a cloud, and this is a sci-fi movie so you can just invoke "monopole magnets" or "unobtanium alloys" and be done with it.

On a scale of potatoe, how many times where you dropped on your head?

>landing on liquid water at 300K is the same as plasma at 6000K

So you can't give me any reason why it's impossible? I accept your graceless surrender.

>is the same

If you don't understand what an analogy is, how do you manage to breath and type at the same time?

I agree user, if you want to land on the Sun, you just make sure you arrive during the night.

youtube.com/results?search_query=can we land on the sun

Tell me why it's impossible. It's just engineering, it'snot something we could do right now but in a sci-fi movie why not?

Not one of them actually even asks that. That's some pathetic "proof" right there.

There is no physical law that makes it impossible to stand on the Sun. It would be outstandingly difficult but it's not impossible.

They copied 50% of the idea from Event Horizon.

>There is no physical law that makes it impossible to stand on the Sun. It would be outstandingly difficult but it's not impossible
Your autism is showing.

>It's just engineering
No. You would need to discover new physical principles like dumping heat into hyperspace or material bonded by forces greater than chemical bonds. Engineering uses known physical principles.

That movie gave me such a hard on for bob cuts. Luckily MEW hasn't changed since.

No shit genius, you'd need technology we don;t actually have. Almost like you;d find in a sci-fi movie, weird huh?

Still no proof it's impossible? Here's a clue: That's because it isn't impossible, just incredibly hard.

>all sunshine scenes deleted from youtube
Shit, didn't know Boyle was such a fucking kike

What do you think that proves? Do you even understand it?

>May 4th
>shitty weather for months
>drop acid and watch Sunshine
>feel like I saw the light
>sun rises
>hot weather, clear skies
>its beautiful weather for weeks
>mfw

>I don't understand it you probably don't either