What's the most boring film that you have seen?

What's the most boring film that you have seen?

Your favorite film

TFA. Fell asleep in a movie theater for the first time ever.

Valhalla Rising

>avengers 2: age of Ultron
>Jurrasic World
>Melancholia
>Dogville

Traffic

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

Donnie Darko

Benjamin Button. what a tedious piece of shit

The Darjeeling Limited

>TFA
that felt like a 90 minute action flick. idk how you found it boring

>Citizen Kane
Would've like it if it wasn't considered one of the best movies of all time
Over hyped

ghostbusters (2016)

That one movie with that one girl that Cred Forums hates forget the name.

How do you not find it boring?

When the movies starts with an action scene and every subsequent scene has minimum one special effect and one stunt the movie starts to lose all momentum and sense of thrill.

It was the worst movie I've seen in about 5 years.

L'amour fou

>other peoples opinions matter to me

kys

Superman returns

He's probably generation Z and can't sit still for a minute.

Royal Tenenbaums.

It was just ... fucking abominable

any PG 13 action movie WHEN YOU KNOW NO ONE IS GONNA DIE

The Man From Earth

I trusted Cred Forums and it let me down

What year does gen z start?

>Dogville

Oh jesus, thanks for reminding me about that clusterfuck

Not the most boring though

Captain America: Civil war

>It was the worst movie I've seen in about 5 years.
and yet it has a fresh rotten tomatoe rating, got over 1 billion dollars at box office, RLM like it

EXPLAIN

>get bored by boring movie

>h-he must just have a low attention span

Or maybe TFA was garbage?

yes I'm a pleb. move on.

Any movie that is 90% dialogue. Movies are also a visual medium.

LOTR

>box office

>Tomatoes

>RLM

I don't see how any of that prevents me from thinking it was the worst movie I've seen in some time. I try to only watch top films but a few friends wanted to see TFA. I figured it couldn't be that bad, but I was wrong.

>expect russian 2001: a space odyssey
>expect to see some cool sets and cinematography
>instead get pure boredom
>almost all movie takes place on one set
>almost all of the movie is long pseduphilosophical dialogues

No movie is 90% dialogue.

Any movie thats 90% action is almost guaranteed pleb trash though.

>No movie is 90% dialogue.
Shin Godzilla (2016) is although they handled that well.

Turtles : Out of the Shadows

this is the only movie i've ever stopped because it was so boring

also the digital blood splatter

Locke

Neon Demon

Not even fucking kidding. Refn used a one-page script as an excuse to film a lesbian necrofilia scene. The rest of the movie is just a filler to trick the audience and critics into thinking its ART.

Gone Girl?

i hope to god you didn't see the first one or we're going to have words

Same with The Life Aquatic.

Have yet to be able to finish it. 30 min in and I said enough is enough fuck you Lars von trier

Take some pro plus and go for it. The last 10 minutes are the best bit

>blade runner
Might as well be titled "Harrison Ford narrates you to sleep"

I saw both and they are terribly, terribly bad. I watched them to nostalgia a little bit but they too heavily depended on over the top CGI powered action. Bored me to death.

Magnolia
Sweet November
Boyhood

Coach Carter

Funny People

I can't believe that movie drags on as long as it fucking does, it's goddamned mind-numbing

Was Solaris your first Tarkovsky film?

Funny People is good right up until the second movie starts.

Delete this

Begotten

I watch a lot of art films but this one is just trash.

It's only like 90 minutes long but feels like 3 hours.

Who are these people? Why should I care if they met or did not meet? The music was also annoying and contributed to the tedium of the viewing experience.

BvS

SW prequels

Where the Wild Things Are

Satantango

KYS, my man

Anything by DC.

The Thin Red Line

I wanted to watch a war movie, not this trash

In the Mood for Love

That actually happened to my friend. We decided to leave (I had already seen it).

Avatar, only movie I've ever fallen asleep to in theaters

You not liking it doesn't make it a bad film.

In recent memory?

Swiss Army Man

I've fallen asleep twice trying to finish Into the Wild

The Good Shepherd. All I remember about that movie is one of the ugliest black women I've ever seen in a perfect white wedding gown being thrown out of a plane, and Matt Damon picking a hat off of a bench and as a direct result gets hired into the FBI.

I have yet to encounter a film so desert-bone-dry and boring as The Good Shepherd.

This

You cant even have a conversation about it because all you are met with is

"Well thats just your opinion man"

Tree of Life

Well that's just, like, your opinion man.

Early 2000's.

A.I.

Blackhat
Birth of a Nation (1915)
Spectre
Inside Out
Boyhood
Ghostbusters (2016)

Probably more, but these are off the top of my head. Out of all of them, Birth of a Nation is probably the most boring

>big lebowski is boring
How short is your attention span?

Ironman 1
Godzilla 2014

Find a more boring movie. Literally impossible.

Two Days, One Night

it having a good box office/tomato doesn't make it good

This pretentious piece of shit

90% of modern movies with 0 dialogue are 2deep4u rewardbaits

but the dude asked the director if his character was smoking before the scene, and like, acted basedo n that!!!
And like, its so deep you just wont get it. Buscemi missed one pin, then died. Its art, dude

That one about soldiers saving paintings in World war two.

Can't even remember how did I bring myself to the cinema for it. Like holy shit

The village
I literally fell asleep in the theater watching it
First and only time that has happened
If I wasn't with friends and I could have left I would have but I didn't drive there myself

My Dinner with Andre and The Man From Earth

This post has so much cringe I am abandoning the thread because of it.

Syriana.

I like a good political movie but holy shit it's literally an entire movie of waiting for something to happen... then it doesn't happen.

this

The November Man

All I remember is Pierce Brosnan trying to be an edgy CIA agent or something... then I fell asleep because I didn't give a fuck.

what's TFA for?

This is one of the best slices of "hard kino" that ever managed to find it's way into mainstream cinemas.

A declaration of war against today's video game playing, capeshit chugging, hot pocket slamming audience of infantilized non-neurotypicals.

With every audience member who walked out the stature of the film only grew and grew until I was the only person left and I knew I had just witnessed a masterpiece.

One of the top 3 films of the 10s alongside Killing Them Softly and Cosmopolis.

nvm, found it

Empire

This fucking movie would just not fucking end, after being up for 24 hours and waiting for this pile of shit to end at a buddy's place so I could go home to sleep, I was not impressed with this preachy communist hippy bullshit.

Citizen Kane (first twenty minutes then stopped)
Birdman (first five minutes then stopped)
Batman V Superman
No country for old men

Yeah, totally. That scene with the dog food was amazing. Then to find out he really has a dog was the icing on the cake. FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Bullitt

Wew lad

Every scene in that movie is 10/10 audience antagonization kino.

Jeanne Dielman

It wasn't bad, but fuck I felt like I was wasting three hours of my life watching the monotony of domestic life...

Sorry dude you're a retard. Give your mother some space when you let her know

The hateful 8, fell asleep.

>Pseudo philosophical
It's genuinely philosophical

This is the only decent film Tarantino has made since Jackie Brown. No surprise that the retards who actually liked his 00s output didn't like it.

batman begins
machete
love and other drugs
click
minority report
into the wild
spy games
bandits
heat
blue valentine
black Swan
requiem for a dream
cube
human centipede

Dude... Your taste... In this thread... That ain't legal either

How can it be pretentious if it's sincere?

I really thought I would like it...

He has other flicks?

That's like asking how anyone could find a michael bay film boring. No substance.

probably solaris

Blue is the Warmest Color.

It was just 'People are scumbags and lead each other on: The Movie'. I mean, I get it, coming of age and such, but it's so depressing by the end of it that it's not satisfying or interesting in the slightest, all the characters are unbearable hipsters, and they somehow made that Bond girl so ugly that the sex scenes weren't all that enjoyable. Didn't help that it was three hours long either.

Birth of a Nation is also pretty bad IMO. I appreciate what it did for film as a medium, but all the roles are so hamfisted and absolutist, there's practically no actual character writing. The blacks are literal walking sterotypes, it's not like you can get a cheap laugh out of it either due to situational comedy, it just cuts to blacks eating chicken, blacks harassing white women, blacks drinking whiskey. Even Cred Forums has more finesse than that. Hard to believe people probably died and killed as a result of that shit.

Nah it sucked, get better taste

Clooney gets droned

So many plebs ITT

Moonrise Kingdom

Direction wasn't the problem here; the story was.

Larry Crowne. It is by far not only the most boring movie I've ever seen, but also by far the most harmless. It's the only film I've seen that has a conventional plot format (as opposed to something like My Dinner With Andre) that manages to have absolutely no conflict.

>ctrl-f: Malick
>0 results

He's never made a good film

Also Blade Runner

Tbh

A Million Ways to Die in the West

I have NEVER been so fucking stone-faced and unflinching throughout an entire movie

among the movies that I watched this year it has to be BvS

>Also Blade Runner
kys my boi

Stalker
Tree of Life
The Happening
G.I. Joe*

*the worst movie i've seen

Even if you like it its still boring

u wot

good dialogues and characters introspections are the best

that reminds me

A Serious Man

complete horseshit of a movie

Vertigo

the men who stare at goats

What about Before Sunrise or its sequels?

Sheckels.

any capeshit besides spiderman 2

This, especially Two Towers.

>Bullitt

KYS

You would do huge favor to the world with suicide.

Blade Runner is actual kino, but I fell asleep half way through and had to consciously stay awake to see the ending. Worth it to see it once, but boy are some scenes just snooze worthy

kill yourself

you too

Man of Steel, I started counting the tiles on the ceiling at some point in the theater.
One of the last Harry Potter movies I was reluctantly dragged along into.
The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies.

this is true

Saving Private Ryan. Everyone says it's some great movie about war and how realistic it is but all I saw was some old dudes at a cemetery and turned it off. Boring af.

Hail, Caesar! Hands fucking down. It was literally putting me to sleep. Did anybody else see this fucking shit?

After Earth
The First Captain America (literally fell asleep in cinema)
Blade Runner
Most late Marvel films
fuck off

please go back to the designated Snyder thread

The Revenant

Is this your first bit post, or are you just underage.

>The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies.

that one. The friend I went with and I weren't even able to really discuss it afterwards because both of us weren't sure what to talk about. It was a ultra extended battle scene that could have happened in the last movie if they trimmed down some fat and removed unnecessary plot-lines like that romance bullshit.

The only thing memorable was the were-worms. Not because they did anything but both of us started to wonder if we fucking missed them because we honestly couldn't recount what they actually did after they showed up. To this day I don't know if they had any relevancy or if I just dozed off.

do people even put any effort in b8 anymore, it's just pure cringe at this point
>inb4 you replied

Probably The Big Lebowski
holy shit that was bad.

Didn't have the Cohen Brother magic. I didn't enjoy it.

I can get why some "people" don't like it, but boring?

Plot is boring. The Dude is a boring character, tries to hard to act based. The only good point in this flick is overfappable Moore

Not gonna argue desu, to each his own I guess, imo what you call boring is part of the film's charm

2001 A Space Odyssey
Godfather 1 comes pretty close too.

I fell asleep about three or four times while watching this.

These too.

Honestly, I don't think I can remember anything at all from the movie. I was asleep during 80% of it, woke for a bit during an ice skating scene and then went back under until my friend shook me awake again after it was over.

Can't even be too mad about it because I left the theater really well rested.

Goodfellas. Shit is overrated and boring.

That was actually great bait. The fact that he claimed to turn it off directly before one of the greatest opening scenes in cinema was pretty good.

I absolutely loved Submarine so I was really hopeful going into this. Couldn't finish it.

Now THIS is shitposting

>Lord Of The Rings (first one whatever it's called)
>hear the trilogy is utterly amazing
>give it a watch
>1 hour into the movie and they're still in the hobbit village
couldn't watch any more

Amadeus

Honestly I agree, I can't even remember much of the plot outside of the shit memes posted here.

>"One of the year's Ten Best Films!"
This was the best they could come up with?

Plebs.

If you want to experience an incredibly boring atmospheric warrior movie with Mads you have to go with this one. (Nice photography though.)

Yes it does

I fell asleap to Harry Potter 4 in the theatres. I also fell asleap to Order of the Phoenix,also in Theatres.

Brick

Avengers
Cleopatra (1963) can be VERY tough to endure

I saw this at the cinema and don't remember anything about it except for how bored I was

Network
Magnolia
The American Side
Salt
Annie Hall
The Martian

Fuck you if you disagree

Suicide squad
Darkness shadows
Past two james bond flicks

For older movies its a toss up between The French Connection (nothing interesting happens: the movie) and Chinatown (murder and muh secret incest/retard baby). I am sure they were more groundbreaking in the day but holy shit they had a boring story by today's standards.

More recently Hero (Jet Li). The only movie I managed to fall asleep to twice. Not so much it being boring, it's just too damn quiet I can't help but doze off.

I agree with everything except Network. And Martian is one of the biggest waste of time ever

you managed to have the worst opinion ITT by far, good work my man

2001: A Space Odyssey
The Deer Hunter
Happiness

The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Return of the King

Nighttrain To Lisbon

Her

Boyhood

Thin Red Line

TDKR

God that was painful.

ive probably forgotten the most boring one, but since youve got a picture of RDJ Im gonna have to say "The Avengers"

Godzilla 2014

The thin red line.

Transformers 2

Star Trek the motionless picture

The Fountain

Ghostbusters 2016, Avengers 2 and B v S

Blade Runner. Should be named Blade Crawler

>Esc
>/Blade Runner
>6 results
N I C E
I
C
E

The Witch. What a boring piece of shit. And if you were creeped out by anything in that movie you need to stick to rom coms.

Blade Runner

That I can remember
Critters
Furious 7
Star Wars the force awakens
Captain America Civil war
The broadway melody

Sense and Sensibility

female millennial spotted

Zero dark thirty

>rotten tomatoes
is this the new Cred Forums ? just fucking underaged redditors shitting up the place? holy fuck

>Foxcatcher
I have never been so fucking bored
>The Master
Pure kino, but not made for late night viewing

Watched Which Way Is The Frontline From Here, loved it. Watched Korengal and had to turn it off halfway through.

Any non original trilogy star wars.

Also any capeshit post spider man 2

Benson was a boomer but you wouldn't know that because you're a millennial.

I loved Foxcatcher

Jason Bourne (2016), holy fuck I've actually never fallen asleep in the cinema before this. What a boring, shaky cam shit show.

Paranormal (in)Activity

Funny thing about ghostbusters 2016 is that while it's the most awful film I've ever scene in the cinema (got dragged to it), I wouldn't say it was boring.

To me it's like saying 9/11 was boring.

If a movie is really boring I just cut it off before it finishes. A recent movie I did that too was Mad Max.

lel

Enjoyed it but I felt that people had built Deckard up to be some bad ass detective when in reality he survived either due to someone saving him, the bad guy doing something retarded, or just plain luck

Sicario

Fucking felt asleep mid movie.

Gravity

The entire time I was thinking of all the fun things I could do once I left the theater. Call me a retarded but I just don't GET the praise for it.

that's it.
i'm out.

Matt Damon and Casey Affleck walk through the desert: The Movie

Brazil, I've tried watching it 3 times and I just can't get into it.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

The real hardcore of "Please, fucking do something" is the Sacrifice, I can tolerate and sit through his every movie without getting bored but this one, fuck, doesn't help the fact that everyone besides Otto and Alexander are the most boring people in any of his movies, 3rd World War started and no one has anything to say, marvelous.

sin city 2

This was absolutely awful, even if the Georgian landscapes were good. I also fell asleep during Syriana and Ultraviolet.

tossup between

beyond the black rainbow
frank

Slept during Lord of The Rings when I was a kid.

Again at 24 years old.

It's shit.

I actually just finished this and yeah, it was pretty dull even for Tarkovsky but it was still enjoyable.

Akira

BvS - fell asleep in the cinema
Swiss army man - turned it off after 30 minutes of fart jokes
Any lotr/hobbit - literally.nothing happens for 3 hours.

can you not?

>BvS - fell asleep in the cinema
>Swiss army man - turned it off after 30 minutes of fart jokes
Two of the year's very best works of kino. Stick to television and video games.

Barry Lyndon?

I walked out of Dark Knight Rises

this

anything with a lot of action, I tend to zone out during it
I prefer visuals, dialogue, and monologues

The 'Burbs.

I'm sorry Joe. I love Gremlins 1+2 so much. I thought this would be great. It should have been. But it was terrible :( .

None other.

damn bro i bet you were just sitting there rolling your eyes at that popcorn flick for the masses wishing you were watching goddard.

It's okay, Satan. I chose to never watch it because of every single list and film educator saying that I have to watch it to understand film.

Iron Man 2

its popular so contrarian manchildren must voice their dislike for it

How dare you insult this kubrickkino.
I dare you meet me outside for a duel, pistol or sword.

ITT people hate popular things to sound smart

It might be Kino but its a bore and the 4hrs didnt help

Man of steel. I swear to Christ.

damn.. the pleb got triggered

I remember the night I saw it for the first time. Caught it on TV on local culture channel. They aired it in English with Russian subs which was pretty unusual to see. Didn't even noticed it was 3 hour kino when it finished.

I just finished watching it on tv for idk, maybe 10th time. There are no pauses in the story, how the hell did it bore you

Spotlight

Only good part was when Rachel McAdams was talking one of the molesters. Really pissed me off they didn't follow up on the part where he mentioned that he knew what being molested as a kid was like.

I saw American Honey yesterday so I'll go with American Honey.

Gosford Park

*just non-hipsters making my faggot ass feel insecure? holy fuck

Foxcatcher and The Martian are objectively the most boring critically acclaimed movies of our lifetime

pooping, silly

>tries to hard to act based.
What a shocker that a meme-spouting manchild has shit taste in movies.

A Most Violent Year

I love Fincher, but holy shit was this one painful to sit through.

i had no idea i was in for such a snore fest.

Was the year not violent enough?

>implying anything with Moore isn't overfappable.

Shame on you.

Yawn.

2001 A Space Odyssey

das boot

>Miami Vice

The only movie I ever fell asleep while watching in theater: Hobbit 2.

That was The Monument's Men and I didn't see it but my teacher did and he said he went because of the good actors in it.

Fuck you

Its a bad movie but the most boring you've ever seen is pushing it.

Yeah I was never able to finish this.

>avengers 2: age of Ultron

this. And Man of Steel. Fell asleep during the last third.

Not enough shiney objects and splosions.

2001 put me in a coma

I redboxes this and fell asleep within the first 20 minutes 3 times. I just returned it and stopped trying. Want to finish it because I love Murphy/Goodman.

any movie by bergman that wasn't the seventh seal

Drive

Det sjunde inseglet. Not even kidding. I really dislike this flick.

what's with all the wes anderson plebs

The Fellowship of the Ring

Avengers 2 or Thor 2. I really can't remember what happened in either

pretty much although i thought the R rated Die Hard 5 was way less engaging than the still boring PG13 Die Hard 4

Nah its good for a Facebook movie.
You. Must hate the topic of Facebook more than the movie itself.

Your life

Marathon Man was fucking awful.

I

Stalker

The Good Shepherd, it was uncomfortably boring and made my family question my taste in movies for choosing it.

I thought it was great and I don't think it was preachy, based Viggo's character was shown to be pretty selfish and pretentious.

Stalker was a great movie you mofos, if anything Andrei Rublev and Solaris were way more boring than Stalker

pulp fiction

>special effects in a Sci-Fi movie
who coulda guessed...

>all that bad into one post

you're like a singularity of wrong

did you shit your pants?

2001 A Space Odyssey

black mass

This is the most pretentious movie ive ever seen. Utter shit.

You suck.

The fucking Village, holy SHIT
Passed out in the movie theater cause I was so bored
Gave it another chance down the line cause why not? cant judge till I see it all but It got worse!

lotta (you) hunters in this thread

the not narrated version is the good one

Good stuff, even if you like the books. The hobbit however...

This.

2nd time this movie was absolutely painful

You suck. Good short story also.

>the term coming of age is used

how to know when to avoid a movie

You suck

You suck

stop boiling dogs alive you fucking chink

One experimental film I once found on some tv channel for like culture or something. I've never been so confused. It resembled a meaningless performance art, had no dialogue of course and each scene lasted like 5 minutes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and I waited for it to make some sense like an idiot. It was like watching static.

The Night Before(that Seth Rogen Christmas flick) tired of my friend getting me to go see capeshit and lame comedies

Holy motors, hands down

the film isn't for you

the aviator its like 4 hours long of pure zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Inland empire. It's 3 hours of some ugly bitch crying on camera, and a simple plot that could've been cut in half. Also every recent Lynch film looks like a soap opera, but I don't know if that's intentional

good answer

This one for me. It wasn't a terrible movie, but everything just ground to a halt every time Spacey left the screen.

fuck you guys for telling me it was le horror kino

I agree m8. Its infuriating.

SICARIO

I like how he becomes numb to the horrors that the room try to toss at him and the recording at the end
ttttthats about it

it must be a metaphor for how I felt because this shitty boring movie kept pretending it was over only it never ended.

Thank god I've only ever seen the directors cut

Yep.

Surprised when I found out Drive had the same director.

I dislike this movie but how the fuck did you find this boring? Do you just watch only 10 movies a year and love them all or something? There are easily more boring movies out there than this movie.

But I do concur with the sentiment of its fans avoiding any discussion with that overused line.