Such an interesting concept, but they managed to fuck it up so bad. What happened?

Such an interesting concept, but they managed to fuck it up so bad. What happened?

>visually bland
>unimaginative action
>clunky dialogue
>boring family drama with Cobb

>dreams
>the only difference between the dream and real life is physics and its not even that cool
how did nolan take such a cool idea and make it so bland

I love it, my favorite Nolan by far. He can't write good characters for shit and there are some unnecessary gun fight scenes but everything else is amazing tbqh

introduction to dream world: fold a city in half

final fight in dream world: generic gun fight

Very true. Basically, the movie was Mission Impossible within a dream.

Who scrooge here?

watch paprika if you want to see the dream concept fully explored, inception is a bad knockoff

I miss Scrooge threads desu

don rosa is the best

There was an amazing thread some months ago. Loved it.

>exposition takes up 1/2 of the movie
>unable to rewatch since you have to sit through over an hour of expository dialog in order to get to the actual plot of the movie

It's a fucking mistake, not to mention the forced family drama and really unimaginative use of dream landscapes (aside from the corridor battle). Really, the first layer is just a generic chase scene and the snow level is basically a video game level. It's relaly unbearable to watch and has already aged poorly.

The Zimmer score holds its own though, that shit will be playing years from now since everyone and their mother's loves to use bass.

I find it funny how so many people think this film is deep and complex for reason. Nolan basically takes concepts of lynch, tarkovsky, and Kubrick then dumbs it down for mainstream audiences

They ran out of scenes from Paprika to rip off.

This movie was so fucking unimaginative, the dream sequences were so fucking boring. Nolan is the biggest hack ever

Why do you fucks always forget that the dreams in the movie aren't zany and crazy because the target can't know he is actually dreaming.

You know, they can't perform the INCEPTION if the target in fact knows he's dreaming and the shit isn't actually happening to him...

like seriously, when the movie started with that flashback i was really fucking intrigued and thought it would get really complicated and shit, but then everything just completely worked out neatly without any mystery or anything. its so boring and disappointing. same with interstellar

Should of been a TV show

Because they had to do the dream within a dream within a dream before the sequel.

Good point

It was literally perfect.

>to fuck it up so bad
>doesn't even list
Admit it, you are just a bitter fag who likes to hate on every popular movie.

ACT

The lesbian was good in Hard Candy.

>It was literally perfect.

JGL wasn't in Hard Candy

>Such an interesting concept (...)

No.

Great critique
Quality words really made me think

Never seen the flick itself but I do like how they based the theme song around the brown note.

>mfw i used to have full collection of don rosa comic books about scrooge
>They somehow got lost when we were moving
I miss them so fucking much

no, he's right

they wanted to make money instead of art

A bunch of people standing around in nice suits pretending to be staring at something deep. The poster summarizes the movie quite well.

Both are mediocre tbqh

Since when does Cred Forums pretend to hate this movie? I remember people liked it 5 years go

>I remember people liked it 5 years go
maybe they grew up?

That may be a good justification for it, but it doesn't make it good in itself, user.

It's like saying a movie has a battle of farts instead of swords because in the universe the farts are poisonous and swords as forbidden. That doesn't make the fart battle shown to be better than the sword battle.

In other words, it would be better for him to just risk that idea of and make it more like an actual dream. Or, at the very least, if it is the case for this dream to be boring as fuck, they could have shown other dreams from various different people, with different natures. That would be awesome, but a different movie. A better one though.

>its a character's dream episode
>they aren't dreaming about people they know doing crazy shit while having no reaction to it at all

Why were their dream designs more like that than the guy's actual dream?

Greece?