The main problem with Godzilla (2014) is that they portrayed Godzilla as a "good guy" who killed that other monster...

The main problem with Godzilla (2014) is that they portrayed Godzilla as a "good guy" who killed that other monster when it would have been better if Godzilla was the ONLY main monster in the film and that he was not portrayed at all as helping the humans.

It was just so cheesy to see him defeat that monster and then swim off into the ocean like "Respect me humans">

The 2016 Japanese Godzilla did it so much better which having Godzilla as an enemy of the humans who was just a simple beast who wrecked havoc and the people of the country had to come together and try to figure out ways to defeat him.

>enemy of the humans
Except he wasn't.
He didn't give a shit about them until the Nighthawks dropped those bombs on him. Shinjira doesn't give a fuck about anything, that was the point. He just is.
And Legendary Zilla was not bad. He's one of the better godzillas and just because he seems to be more "intelligent" and decided to protect the humans doesn't make him bad.
What the fuck else would you do when they include other monsters

>just a simple beast who wrecked havoc
its not just a simple beast dude. i don't think you've seen the movie.

Isn't 90% of the series like that?

>What the fuck else would you do when they include other monsters
I would have prefered if this movie was like the 2016 Japanese one where it was only Godzilla and no other monster.

Otherwise why can't the 2 monsters just fight and not give a shit about humans and when Godzilla kills the other monster, the humans still have to try and find a way to kill Godzilla instead of him just swimming off into the water as the TV station labels him a "hero"

yeah but I have only seen the 2016 Godzilla, 1954, 1998 movie and the 2014 one.

But to me: Godzilla was always an enemy and not a friend of the humans.

True I need to watch the other movies in the series but yeah personally I think of Godzilla just like the 2016 movie portrayed him.

No, the main problem is definitely the shitty acting and character.

Cranston should not have died. Instead, they should have had it that his son died.

Now the film just focuses on Cranston who has lost both the love of his life and his son.

That would have been such a better film story wise and more emotional.

Although: one of the scenes that I did enjoy out of this 2014 one was the son trying to find the parents of that Asian kid who he met on the train/bus (I forgot cos I have only watched it once). But that scene actually showed some humanity and emotion otherwise the rest I was just not interested in.

the problem was it had barely any godzilla

I don't say this is a bad movie, but 2014 Godzilla is bit too Deus ex machina.

most godzilla movies did not have that much godzilla

>The main problem with Godzilla (2014) is that they portrayed Godzilla as a "good guy" who killed that other monster
I thouht that was the best part about it. Go fuck yourself, OP

Haven't watched 2016 but army vs giant monster gets pretty boring.

You're right. Maybe acting alongside Cranston (who is actually acting well) would have improved the acting of everyone else as well.

>the humans still have to try and find a way to kill Godzilla instead of him just swimming off into the water as the TV station labels him a "hero"
Why would they kill him when he very obviously went out of his way to protect them and they noticed? What if more monsters come?
You're literally just hating it because it wasn't like the new one, which was not even the first godzilla movie to do what it did with him.
Why don't go watch more of his movies before you come on and criticize a well done adaptation of the Kingju for not being like something you don't like.
2014 was literally just an American Shin, except the talky parts sucked. The actual godzilla parts are almost as good as shin godzilla's. The thing holding it back is that the scenes are so dark and that he seems weaker because of his breath for the most part. He doesn't show up that much, but when he does it's good and he does a lot more than shin godzilla. Half of shin godzilla's screen time is him standing still. If it had just been Legendary Godzilla he probably would have done a fuck ton more damage and be scarier than shin godzilla because of how fast he moves and he doesn't need the down time shin godzilla does.
There's literally nothing wrong with the 2014 one except the human side of things sucking shit.
But if you're going to compare godzillas there's not a lot to critique.
They're different movies and you're dumb for disliking one because it wasn't like the other.
Please kill yourself.

Is this worth a watch? Was thinking of giving it a go but if it's hot garbage then I'm not looking to waste my time

actual probs with movie:
> killing Cranston, the main acting draw of the movie
> award winning Ken Watanabe is reduced to a small role of a stereotypical jap with muh ww2/
>(Either of these actors have the gravity to be a main character and carry a movie in contrast to godzilla, but nope fuck it, BombMcbomberson it is)
>Godzilla is hardly in it
>the movie has an insane boner for avoiding godzilla, and teasing the audience with not showing us him, the main visual draw of the film.
>(the first tease was funny, but everytime he's about to appear on screen and something great is going to happen, the retards who make this movie cut to irrelevant shit. the second tease is annoying, by the 3rd one I wanted everyone involved in this film to be sent to guantanamo.)

>Godzilla's Shin (2014)
>Shin Godzilla (2016)
What will the next one be called?

Godshinna

This. Not sure why some people think otherwise desu senpai.

actually the problem was that it focused on the other monster instead of godzilla.

I'd be fine with godzilla have short screentime if it was more focused on him rather than the other monster being in the film

I hated how that monster looked like a robotic machine.

A crap design

The difference is that the first hour of the movie has another monster, then when Godzilla is finally brought in he's just teased and hidden until the very end where he finally blows everything in pitch black night.

Total screentime was probably the same as any other Godzilla movie, but it was usually more evenly paced.

Look at Shin Goji, he's not in it much but he's there right from the start and shown in full throughout the whole movie.

It's great.

Godzilla 2014 had a lot of problems, but don't try and tell me shin godzilla was a better movie

it was 90% politicians and scientists talking about godzilla, I haven't been so bored by a movie in a long time

Godzilla 2014 should have just been about the world's first encounter with Godzilla, no monster fight. He should have been the focus of the movie and the bad guy. Godzilla became a superhero later but his first movie he was the bad guy.

And when the 1984 movie semi-rebooted him they did it again, he's a force of destruction. The 2014 one should have just had Godzilla from the start, and then for the sequel that's coming have him start fighting other monsters.

The MUTO were forgettable too, they just didn't fit stylistically next to Godzilla.

You're just a plebian, senpai. Shin Godzilla is an absolute masterpiece.