I have an employee who genuinely likes the prequels more than TFA

I have an employee who genuinely likes the prequels more than TFA.

I swear I'm not making this up, he actually passionately believes they're better movies than Episode 7.

He thinks the prequels were better at world-building and had "the most awesome lightsaber fights," nevermind that ambition or vision is literally worthless if you completely botch the execution.

Level with me Cred Forums, should I just fire his ass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I have an employee who genuinely likes the prequels more than TFA.
>I swear I'm not making this up, he actually passionately believes they're better movies than Episode 7.
This is factually true, satan.
People are waking up.

He's right, so I don't see what the problem is. This should have been obvious after you realized TR-8R was the best part of the movie.

I didn't make this thread for reddit contrarians.

>contrarians.
No john, you are the contrarian.

>I just rewatched the plinkett reviews and now I want to meme hard on Cred Forums

>Level with me Cred Forums, should I just fire his ass?
Just gas him. It's the only humane thing to do.

he's probably already laughing about you with the other office clowns about how he said he like the first star wars and you got super red in the face and ran to your office. you'd better fire him now before they come up with some secret name for you

Doubt it, he only stops by occasionally and he already annoys the hell out of everyone. We already call him The Canuck because he's from Montreal.

I wanted to call him the Elliot because he's half-white/half-Chinese but that's maybe a little too esoteric.

He must die

He's right

The Prequels at least had a story and lore of their own

TFA is literally fanfiction and not even the best Star Wars fanfiction at that

Prequels are better.

Tfw was an u original clone of ep4 with a Mary Sue grrl power protag

>I wanted to call him the Elliot because he's half-white/half-Chinese but that's maybe a little too esoteric.

Maybe you're a little too much of an arrogant faggot

The prequels were fanfiction more than anything. All those callbacks and character inserts that make less sense in a prequel than in a sequel. Finding out the Jedi all dressed like Obi-Wan and C-3PO was created by Anakin was pure cringe.

>t. /asianmasculinity/

It's not fanfic if it's written by the original author

Lucas is the only one qualified to add content to the Star Wars canon. Other writers may write better stories with his material, but the lore has to be his

>after the bar was set so low

It's like when M. Night made The Visit.

Your bait thread is going to work, my friend. I understand as a prequel-poster that using the ot fanboys against themselves is a great tactic.

>I wanted to call him the Elliot because he's half-white/half-Chinese but that's maybe a little too esoteric.

Can memes be esoteric?

I think obscure might be a better word

Nope, his original lore had nothing to do with what eventually created the OT. The characters were completely different, it was only with the meddling of others that something coherent and decent came to be.

Prequels were all Lucas without the useful input, but with him trying to copy the success of when he had all those contributors, hence why the movies were cancerous garbage.

>Nope, his original lore had nothing to do with what eventually created the OT. The characters were completely different, it was only with the meddling of others that something coherent and decent came to be.
>Prequels were all Lucas without the useful input, but with him trying to copy the success of when he had all those contributors, hence why the movies were cancerous garbage.

Shouldn't you be making videos instead of shitposting on Cred Forums Mike?

I would have considered myself a "fanboi" in my childhood and maybe Id opine differently on the matter a decade ago, but in my opinion:

>prequels >>> TFA

The moment feminism got into the plot (flying the falcon, "LET GO OF MY HAND", beats up 2 guys... thats when even JarJar started to look like a realistic character.

At least he's still making something, George.

How's that Red Tails money?

"lightsaber fights"

just show him this

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

Nothing broke suspension of disbelief more than a toddler podracing.

>the chosen one
>birthed by the force
>future Darth Vader
>essentially a star child

How exactly?

On May 20th of 2015, it was reported that the stock Lucas received had grown by $2.2 billion in value, which made his initial deal worth $6.3 billion

The Phantom Menace is a great film for children and The Force Awakens is a great film for tasteless manchildren

i'll kill you on monday before you fire me. i won'give you the satisfaction

He's wrong.

But firing an employee because of his taste in films?

Really?

Lel

That just makes it worse. He's a literal Sue by every definition.

But sure, I guess a young adult woman who had to rough it up in the desert and is quite possibly the progeny of Luke Skywalker being capable of defending herself is much less believable than an underdeveloped child being immaculately conceived and therefore godmode since birth.

This is objectively true.

>sue by definition
>has flaws
>fails along the way, the entire way

He is not a stu by definition.

I have a friend who is passionate about Star Wars, always fucking talking about it. Posters all over his room and shit
Thinks prequels>originals

You clearly don't know what the definition of Mary Sue is.

>The Phantom Menace is a great film for children

Stopped reading here. I watched it when I was a kid and noticed the shitty acting even then. Also the gungan-droid battle was absolute dogshit.

>I watched it when I was a kid and noticed the shitty acting even then. Also the gungan-droid battle was absolute dogshit.
I watched it as a kid and it was my favorite movie

>lying on the internet

You obviously don't. Kid Anakin literally checks off every box.

I have a hapa friend who thinks the same, OP. Is shit taste due to racemixing?

>lying on the internet

>actually lying on the net

7 and the prequels were both shit but the prequels may actually have been less shit. I mean 7 is just fucking trash. I still have my hopes up for Rouge One but who the fuck knows how that will turn out.

I was 9 when it came out and I loved it

Mainly it was all the strange and original new characters, locations and props that captured my imagination

The Force Awakens has none of that stuff. The strangest new creature is probably Finn

>chosen one
>turns evil and kills every single Jedi who survived order 66 and ends up killing his master decades later
>helps overthrow the senate and is directly responsible for the deaths of billions

Do you even understand the term?

Mary Sue is someone perfect in all aspects.

Even Anakin was scared in e1, later enraged and lustful in e2, betrays everyone in e3.

Rey even escaped on her own for fucks sake.

>the prequels may actually have been less shit

Only if you're retarded.

>I still have my hopes up for Rouge One but who the fuck knows how that will turn out.

I guarantee right now that it'll just be more generic focus group trash

They mention he fails at pod racing before winning to the tune of never even completing a race.

Auto pilot does the work for piloting, and he accidentally destroys a ship. (Which people did bitch about still)

what else..his being slave labour and being a slave without education so I suppose his natural mechanical affinity/force stuff could be sue-ish except even as a child he fails at every major character event, in the first film.

Mirror-ing luke's early stumbling.

Piloting, Being involved with greater things than self, growing up on tattooine..

Jedi save Anakin, Jedi save luke..

Naboo pilots save Anakin, Han saves Luke..

Why don't you give us a breakdown of these boxes.

Seriously this. I think I was 12 when I saw it and the whole time I was like "What the fuck is this garbage?" and I left the theater completely crushed after having been raised on OT and loving every second of it.

I personally think that Rogue one has potential and thats coming from someone who was going to walk out of TFA, if it wasnt for the girl I was trying to bang that night.

I'm guessing you were too young or not born yet when the Prequels originally came out and only watched them retrospectively as a young adult sci-fi geek

They are kids' films and have to be judged as such

>79% is a good score

>his whole character arc proves he's not a Sue!
>but I can guarantee Rey is a Sue even though she still has two more movies to go and is already more believable than Ep1 Anakin

Show me where he was scared. Other than one throwaway line of dialogue where he says he's scared. Because I remember Rey actually LOOKING scared, both during her confrontations with Kylo and when she was confronted with the visions from the lightsaber.

Anakin shows almost no emotion when he's winning the pod race and when he's blowing up a fucking space station. You'd have to be an idiot not to see this.

No. Wrong.

>Because I remember Rey actually LOOKING scared, both during her confrontations with Kylo and when she was confronted with the visions from the lightsaber.

You mean in the duel where she rekt that white male sith apprentice?

Anakin is not even the main character of The Phantom Menace

Rey should be judged against Obi Wan from that movie

>They mention he fails at pod racing before winning to the tune of never even completing a race.

Oh that makes sense. Here, take this newborn baby without all his faculties and muscle development and put him in your expensive pod even though he's more fragile than most other species on this planet, especially at his age. That alone is a fucking stupid premise and the fact that you're using it as an argument shows you have the critical thinking skills of a turnip.

Do you even hear yourself?

>an entity born from the force
>LIKE ANY OTHER INFANT

You should seriously consider suicide.

>You mean in the duel where she rekt that white male sith apprentice?

Nope. When she's firing at him with a blaster and he's coming at her like a Terminator before he kidnaps her.

Oh that's right, you didn't actually watch the movie because you were too busy trying to think of ways to be upset at a white woman.

I'd say that Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan is a better written character than any in The Force Awakens

so your subjective emotion reading of an actor's response on film is your evidence?

Not the stated dialogue or actions?

The ship where he was missing his mother and unknown that follows, his face when he looks back at his mother before he leaves tattooine.

you're comparing a young child actor's performance against an adult. So there will be differences, but if you're basing it on the characters themselves, you should be comparing episode 2 or 3 to Rey since Hayden is an actual adult.

I'm not sure if you're face blind or autistic or both but think about that.

You can't even see most of his face during the pod race, besides him gritting his teeth when he loses power to engines. or finally when he takes the helmet off when excited.

Your evidence is based on subjective niche things that often people that criticize and examine film in general have an issue with which is child actors.

You haven't posted anything yet besides the fact you cannot read faces or understand comparative character differences without displaying your bias.

>an entity born from the Force

Literally the stupidest Sue shit Lucas has ever tried to force down our throats.

But I don't wish you suicide.

I wish your horrific murder. You literally need to be gassed and removed from the genepool.

>Oh that's right, you didn't actually watch the movie because you were too busy trying to think of ways to be upset at a white woman.

>gets capture by Sith
>next scene she resists force torturing
>next scene she escapes having discovered the force

Ok lad.

>Not the stated dialogue or actions?

Yes. Show-not-tell is major part of what separates a movie from a book.

You dumb nigger.

>anakin says he's scared
>next scene is him blowing up a space station

Ok lad.

The thing is Anakin's role in TPM is kind of a comic relief-McGuffin hybrid. The "precocious kid" archetype is played for laughs, not dead seriously like MaRey Sue

>Literally the stupidest Sue shit Lucas has ever tried to force down our throats.

Now youre back at your original argument.

Anakin is not a Mary Sue, because hes deeply flawed.

Here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

>Ok lad.

Ok lad.

He didn't have a character. He was an emotionless clod that you projected yourself onto the same way little girls project themselves onto Katniss.

Well at least we know now that you're bating since even your green text has 'actions' in it, which would be showing..

>anakin accidentally gets flown to space station with auto
>accidentally explodes it

Ok lad.

>The thing is Anakin's role in TPM is kind of a comic relief-McGuffin hybrid. The "precocious kid" archetype is played for laughs

What's funny is that you think that makes it better, not worse. I bet next you're going to say he was stylistically designed to be that way.

Yes, this future Darth Vader who was born as an entity of the Force is a comic-relief played for laughs.

Jesus fucking Christ.

They should've had Benny Hill music playing while he was doing it. It's good when a pivotal moment where the heroes triumph was accomplished by "autopilot" and "accident" even while experienced pilots were being shredded all around him.

But sure, he's not a Sue.

Ad absurdum is a poor man's choice of logical fallacy.

It seems to left out an actual argument in your argument.

Try again.

>an absurdim

It's called shitty writing.

Please be joking.

I'm just humoring you because I know you don't seriously like the prequels.

Anyone honestly defending them would literally be too stupid to type or even open an internet browser.

he's right. you should fire yourself.

Try again.

only person that needs benny hill music is you bro and this thread. Top geralds.

Indubitably incorrect.

>What's funny is that you think that makes it better, not worse.

It's better than the totally sincere blandness of Rey, absolutely

I'm not arguing that TPM is a masterpiece, just that it's a better kid's movie than TFA, because it was memorable and had some imagination

TFA is among the most soulless, by-the-numbers blockbusters I've ever seen. Disney is an absolute cancer on the art of motion pictures

Nah you're wrong.

>I know you don't seriously like the prequels.

I enjoy watching parts of them once in a while.

That however doesnt change the fact that TFA is feminist fan fiction. TFA has more in common with "ghostbusters", than with the prequels.

TFA was really fun. Don't really get the hate it gets but I guess other people got other opinions of things.

Reddit loves this movie. They also uniformly hate BvS and SS. Its what I hate about Reddit, they have no personal identity. Despite all the pedophilia and right wing bullshit on this site, user at least thinks critically.

even anakin's redundant use the force to impress padme scene in attack of the clones is miles better than whole episode 7.

the prequels may be shit r u srs tho the old serious is unwatchable

>TFA was really fun.

You need to be 18 to post here.

>user at least thinks critically
BZZZZZT wrong!

Becoming a paedophiliac Nazi is the logical conclusion of critical thinking you fucking pleb

I'm old enough that I saw the original Star Wars in theaters as a kid, and TFA brought me back to that.

If you didn't have fun watching it, that's unfortunate for you.

But user if you didn't think critically how come you disagreed with me?

You're purposefully ignoring the ensemble nature of the movie and only focusing on the parts that fit your narrative.

desu senpai they did have better world building
still total shit though

>Member Darth Vader?

>Member Storm Troopers?

>Member Lightsabers?

Go back to Plebbit, Ken Bone

I can't even fathom how pathetic a 30-something who enjoyed TFA must be

No, this is incorrect.

Try again.

user at least you put your Otfag bias out there.

I think what is funny though is that as ot fans die off, it will leave prequel lovers the chance to influence the fanbase.

As with all things, last man standing wins.

On another note.

Where can I submit my resume to Disney for viral shilling jobs?

TFA was shit and Jew Jew is a hack

Member......?

Yeah man fuck Star Wars movies for having stormtroopers and lightsabers and Darth Vaders in them.

>the prequels were better at world-building

I think this is almost objectively true. But I'm not saying it made them better movies.

That reference went totally over your head.

>only focusing on the parts that fit your narrative.

I went to see this with my sister and my date.

>chuckle here
>chuckle there
>nostalgia goggles
>ITS HAN FUCKING SOLO
>"I BYPASSED THE COMPRESSOR"

And suddenly I wasnt watching Star Wars anymore, I was watching something with political real live tones.

It forcibly ripped me out of the immersion, despite the excitement and the nostalgia.

Eh, I liked the prequels, too.

I think people need to relax about Star Wars and either enjoy it or not care about it and find something else to watch.

I don't really get people who spend their days just hating on things all the time.

Prequels at least tried.

TFA was like:

>How can we leech as much money as possible out of these stupid motherfuckers why still getting a high rating? I know, just remake the first movie.

It did. What's it from?

I won't argue which is better but the prequels factually have a more interesting setting with better world building. Lucas is a good idea guy and everything about the prequels is fascinating it's just execution that suffers.

TFA works at such a breakneck pace and never slows down to let you soak things in. Do you honestly remember anything about Jakku? Any of the aliens in the background? Compare that to Tatooine in TPM which was teeming with life and interesting little going-ons in the background.

It's amazing that all someone has to do is make a movie with a female protagonist and all of a sudden you manchildren will bend over backwards trying to explain why she's worse than the most poorly acted, poorly written characters of the prequels even though she's objectively better.

She showed more range, more personality and way more of a character arc in the way of first just wanting to go home to finally wanting to know know more about her past and what she can do.

It's amazing you can't relate to any of that, but you somehow can relate to the emotionless, poorly acted, poorly written serendipitous asspull of a god-child that Lucas clearly couldn't direct through a paper bag.

Haven't you seen any new south park episodes?

because fanbases love tribalism? and nobody does tribalism like starwars.

the ot started in 76/77', that's 39 going on 40 years ago now.

40 years. Multiple generations, we're going to have a generation of people defending the sequels too.

>Finding out the Jedi all dressed like Obi-Wan

What exactly did you expect an order of religious monks to dress like?

>at least tried

There is no try.

I haven't seen South Park in a while, no.

Should start watching season 20, it's pretty great and pretty relevant to Cred Forums.

Wish someone would tell this to all the prequelbabies who irrationally hate TFA.

the entire thing is lampooning the industry for feeding exclusively on nostalgia to detriment of everything else.

I guess that's true.

Seems really silly to me, though.

They were described as warriors by Obi Wan in 4.

>calls others "manchildren"
>unironically defends feminist poorly written fan fiction mary sues

Wew lad.

>She showed more range, more personality

Than Jar Jar? Debatable.

You do realise that the prequel characters were essentially straight out of a Greek tragedy?

Rey is happy go lucky with a skip in her step happy, nice, perfect, stronk, smart, funny, cute, endearing, kind, loyal, fearless, martial expert and SHE BYPASSED THE COMPRESSOR.

That sounds neat.

But user, I am a prequelbaby who dislikes the tfa/sequels. You can be self aware and dislike something.

If I was an otfag or a woman or a black guy, I would most likely like the sequels even if they're soulless cash grabs.

Anakin was a Mary Sue. Hayden Christensen can't act. Episode I is a rip off of IV.

it is not about fuckin Rey.

the movie is basically episode 4 all over again. we didn't need that. it didn't bring nothing new.

Nothing.

I expected them not to dress like someone who was purposely trying not to look like a Jedi on account of being a galactic fugitive.

Cmon man haven't it figured this out yet? Cred Forums (Cred Forums in general) is made up of contrarians. They hate it because it's popular. If the general public had hated TFA Cred Forums would defend it. It's their way of seeming unique and cultured.

>You do realise that the prequel characters were essentially straight out of a Greek tragedy

Please be joking. If people like you really exist, we need to start purging you immediately.

That isn't true. The new ghostbusters was hated and we as a general consensus dislike it. Your generalization is flawed.

It's case of safe but competent vs. ambitious and lacking.

The Force Awakens isn't a bad movie as much as everyone likes to meme on it. I can't take someone like seriously who calls the movie trash. That's hyperbole up the ass.

The problem with it is that it's just sorta neutered. It's the safest fanservice movie they could have possibly made in a way that will offend nobody and tick all the necessary boxes.

The Prequels on the other hand at least tickles the imagination. It doesn't always succeed but it's creative and WANTS to do new things. This is why in the hands of the capable it produces some of the best material in the series i.e. The Clone Wars series.

>If the general public had hated TFA Cred Forums would defend it. It's their way of seeming unique and cultured.

TV hates Suicide mostly, despite being totally hated in plebbit aswell.

There goes your "opinion".

TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.

New characters, new adventure, new mystery.

You know what didn't bring anything new? The prequels.

It basically followed a straight line to where we knew everything was headed with next to no detours.

Like I purged your "argument"?

Pretty much, yep.

To put it another way, here's how the line of thinking works:

1) Normal people are idiots.
2) I'm not a normal person so I'm smart.
3) Normal people like popular thing, so because they're stupid, they're wrong and popular thing is actually objectively bad.
4) Therefore, I hate popular thing, reaffirming that I am much smarter than the rest of this planet.

Cred Forums is whatever about it because enough normies liked it. By no means does it hate Suicide Squad.

Including Angry Joe and Jeremy Jahns, literally two of the most normie reviewers alive.

The progressive politics behind the new Ghostbusters are popular and mainstream, even if the movie didn't do well.

No, I mean I don't think you deserve to live.

I want you to stop being alive.

Easy on the drugs lad.

You make no sense.

>New characters
prequels brought loads of them
>new adventure
prequels had loads of them
>new mystery.
prequels had loads of them.

do you know what they didn't have? a slighty altered script of episode 4.

>ERMAGHERD HOW COULD SOMEONE FEEL MORE FOR THE PREQUELS THAN MUH TFA, SO PROBLEMATIC

How the fuck did such an underage Reddit faggot like you get into the position to fire people?

Isn't it precious how you can pretend you predicted everything after the fact without having to prove it.

>I want you to stop being alive.

Spoken like a true manchild.

What?

Prequels had tons of new characters. The adventure was completely different from the OT in every way. And of course we knew Anakin was gonna fall dumbfuck the mystery was HOW.

Seeing how fucked up and corrupt the Jedi Order was worth it alone desu.

The main characters were boring as fuck.

Finn was a soldier from birth/young age turned traitor yet shows no signs of this background in his character. We never see him struggle with fitting in with common folk, his ingrained training hindering him or even helping him, or any conflict killing his former brothers in arms.

Rey is plain boring, there's nothing defining about her except she can do anything the plot requires, and the more.

Kylo not being bad ass is a massive problem though, because the movie and following trilogy lacks a threatening villain. Snoke is a joke and kylo is laughable. It's the same problem with grevious and dooku. It needs a serious villain.

It never really explored anything, just jumped from place to place.

The actual plot makes zero sense, "a map to Luke"? What the fuck? R2D2 just wakes up with the other half... It's just really poorly written.

I feel like I'm on crazy pills when I see rave reviews for this shit. It blows my fucking mind.

TFA is basically on-par with the prequels in that it had a good idea of what it wanted to do but executed it poorly.

Don't fire the guy but give him a shitty schedule for a couple weeks.

>It's the safest fanservice movie they could have possibly made in a way that will offend nobody and tick all the necessary boxes.

That's what it needed to be after Lucas steered the train off the tracks and barreled it into a river.

But I will give you Clone Wars, but for me that was Filoni more than anything. Lucas did everyone a favor by stepping back and letting it be more than what it was when he probably had the most control (Seasons 1).

If the prequels had been entirely like TCW, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Prequels had Jar Jar and 50s diner guy. Their popularity is proportional to their surviving merchandise.

I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just saying you don't seem like a worthwhile human being and the world would probably be better off without you. Objectively speaking. There's good and evil and you're evil.

>There's good and evil and you're evil.

You need to be 18 to post here kid.

Spoken like pure evil.

Pure underage evil.

they also had darth maul and mace windu.

Autism is an ugly condition.

>the most awesome lightsaber fights,
prequels are good but he likes the prequels for the wrong reason

Me too.

starwars has always been about any fan finding some niche within starwars to like something.

I mean do I need to post the neimodian girl?

they're no right or wrong, just is.

TPM is arguably better than TFA but it's close. TPM was solid besides the abysmal pacing. Sith would be easily better than TFA if the second half had better dialogue and character motives, holy shit Lucas choked so bad on Ep3.

TFA was alright, it had pacing issues opposite of TPM, but it had character and plot problems that were hidden in its comfortable nostalgic aesthetic.

Prequels were still disappointing shit.

THIS

I saw Episode I as an 8 year old who had never seen the OT and it blew my mind. Then I watched the OT and loved it too.

TFA had better acted/written characters but less interesting ones.

Look at McGregor Obi-Wan for what the prequels could and should have been.

My problem with a lot of TFA characters is they're just so undeveloped. The movie moves so fast trying to hit all the MEMBER THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY moments that the characters are just basic cutouts. The breakneck pace and relatively competent writing allows the movie to gloss over its characters without most people noticing unlike the PT which had a lot of slow deliberate scenes where inconsistencies stood out more.

Anakin for example has a fascinating arc and I legitimately enjoy times where he struggles with his past like in the infamous scene with Padme after he wipes out the tribe. The Clone Wars series handles it even better and Anakin becomes a really good and likable character.

Contrast this with the main characters in TFA. Finn was a kidnapped, brainwashed soldier who broke free...and immediately becomes a black minstrel show making jokes and lots of OOGA BOOGA faces for the audience. His backstory is never important and never affects his actions. There should have been conflict at having to fight people he grew up with and formed familial bonds with. They're being killed by his new allies and also trying to kill him. It's a lot to take in but the whole movie he's just le funni black man.

Rey is another one with tons of baggage but doesn't have much of a character she's just a plot vehicle.

And Poe might as well not even be there.

Ep. 1 gave you a clear idea of who Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Padme and Anakin all were and it played a part in their characterization throughout the movie.

You see seemingly harmless threads of Anakin's rebelliousness, resent and his questioning of everything. And these things come up again and again throughout even just TPM let alone the whole trilogy.

Same thing with Qui-Gon's aloof wisdom and Obi-Wan's strict nervousness.

It makes them feel like they exist before and after the movie ends.

The prequels were shit, but they had redeeming features. TFA was just incredibly boring. I stopped paying attention half way through. Maybe I've just grown out of Star Wars though, IDK

The prequels had new characters and new adventures, and it wasn't an altered script of episode IV, but I'm not really sure it had new mystery to it, at least not on the level of episode VII.

Like, people are wondering who Rey's parents are and who Snoke really is, and you didn't really have that in the prequels.

Mind you, this doesn't make the prequels bad or TFA better, I just don't really agree when you said the prequels had loads of new mystery.

These.

>TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made
It's boring as shit
nothing in it is remotely interesting

I mean did the OT really have mystery either though?

The biggest "mysteries" are Vader as the father and Leia the sister but there were no threads there it was just a last minute twist.

Up until that point you have no reason to think Vader is anything but a big bad sith. And considering Vader being Luke's father and Leia being his sister WERE later additions rather than always planned...there's no mystery.

So I think it's unfair to knock TPM for not having mystery.

>how did anakin turn to darkside
>why did he put on the mask
>how republic become the empire
>how the jedi got destroyed

these were sufficient enough.

The OT had quite of bit of mystery to it. People wondered who Leia would wind up with, if Luke really was Vader's son, and what was going to happen. The Force wasn't super explained like it is now: it was still pretty vague what it was and what you could do with it. If anything, we knew less about Star Wars in the OT and were left wondering more than we ever have since. I mean, even little things like "what was the Kessel Run" was a mystery to be debated on the schoolyard, whereas today you can just google an answer for it.

I agree it's not fair to knock TPM for not having mystery, just that saying "TPM had loads of mystery" isn't true, and it did more to end mysteries than to open up new ones.

The prequels did manage to do things people didn't expect, and answer the mysteries in ways people hadn't thought of. Biggest example is the clones: most people I knew assumed the clones were the bad guys in the Clone Wars, and that the Jedi fought the clones. I don't think anyone thought "well obviously Boba's father was cloned and that made all the clone troopers who fought for the Republic with the Jedi."

Those aren't new mysteries, though. They were old mysteries from the original trilogy.

TFA is rated higher than all the prequels on RT.
Stop using that meme site to defend your shit taste.

OT didn't answer those. Prequels did.

I was kind of annoyed that in the opening scene of TFA Kylo Ren didn't shove the prisoner in front of his own frozen blaster shot, and have him kill himself. That would have been the OG edgy Sith thing to do.

>fails
Anakin succeeded in bringing balance to the force, numbnuts, the Jedi are just terrible at interpreting prophecies

>before Anakin: 9999 Jedi, 2 Sith
>scales severely tipped in favor of the light

>after Anakin's betrayal: 2 Jedi (Yoda/Obi Wan), 2 Sith
>scales even

right but the definition of a mary sue is what those responses are talking about which is basically calculating small failures along the way.

A character succeeding ultimately at something isn't the point.

Always succeeding would mean we're wrong and Anakin is a mary sue. Like flying a ship with no prior experience, winning in combat without help, or you know being capable at literally everything you do without any prior dialogue going she was trained for years being a jedi

which is why you got 'mind wipe' theory and all sorts of stuff trying to ultimately defend her.

Yep. Like I said, prequels didn't have new mysteries, they ended some of the old ones, and in some interesting ways.

If you think ANY Star Wars flick is anything but garbage you're a retarded pleb and you should kill yourself.

Lucas: "Bringing balance to the Force means no Sith because Sith bring unbalance to the Force, and Anakin fulfills the prophecy by killing the Emperor and dying, thus no more Sith."

but isn't the Dark Side a natural facet of the force, just like the light? how can the sith be an inherently unbalancing faction?

No, the Dark Side is a corruption of the Force.

that's dumb, Lucas is a hack

I killed myself now what?

Did he offend you, hapa halfbreed subhuman?

Eh, it's just different from the way you interpreted it. It's just different from the Star Wars in your head.

it kind of flies in the face of eastern mysticism foundation he was trying to base the Force off of

>. Finding out the Jedi all dressed like Obi-Wan
That was revealed in ESB and RotJ when Yoda and Anakin's Ghost both dressed in robes like Obi-Wan

> and C-3PO was created by Anakin
Rebuilt. Not created.

But the Jedi uniform blends in well with the ragged robes that Tatooine farmers wear, especially since Obi-Wan's ANH robes, while clearly a little more fancy than Uncle Owen's clothing, still showed signs of wear and tear.

The Dark Side is natural, but you're not supposed to give it power.

The Sith inherently cause an imbalance because they twist the force to do their bidding with the dark side and make it far too powerful.

they're multiple theories about the force, even by force users within the universe the often quoted example is thinking of a river

when you divert the flow of the river, say in an individual force user it ultimately corrupts that user through their actions/intentions and not the force in of itself.

the dark and light/grey are in the person. Palpatine/Vader were big dams in the force.

It is about correcting the flow, it doesn't make it wrong or right. Luke has extensive conversations about this with Verge and it is fascinating.

Essentially comparing Old Republic philosophy with different things he picked up over the years including the training by Yoda/Ben

The first darth bane novel also explores the dark side and how the emotions that the power draws upon seem to feed and control the user even as they draw upon it. So essentially even though dark side user thinks its in control, they're the ones actually being controlled, by the elements the power draws from, the force itself, etc.

He is right, give him your job and quit.

If you think TFA is better than TPM or the PT in general, hell if you even LIKE TFA, hell not even that, if you even think TFA is Star Wars AT ALL... Then you're retarded and have abysmal taste.

TPM is better than TFA. The other two prequels aren't as good though.

TFA didnt have enough aliens or planet scenery for a star wars movie.
>desert
>rainforest with 1 building
>snow forest on the totally not death star
in just TPM
>desert
>underwater city with jar jar
>naboo place with renaissance architecture
>corusant
and just think of how many aliens were in those places, the podrace, the trade federation guys, droid armies.
prequels are just bogged down by the cringe dialogue cause the writing team was worse and was afraid to question lucas