Was Into Darkness kino? It has great cinematography. Makes Beyond looks like ass in comparison

Was Into Darkness kino? It has great cinematography. Makes Beyond looks like ass in comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=4LThIRkpYtI

You're a fucking prole either way.

Nice reddit opinion senpai

I liked it. No idea why people thought it was so horrible.

Into Darkness had all the potential to be good but never really exceeded at it.

Real shame. It ended up being the worst of the nu Star Trek.

Weakest of the three, poorly written. BC could have been a great antagonist. In 'Wrath' we felt for Khan and saw him as Kirk's equal and opposite as a leader of men and women, as we actually saw and met his crew. Into Darkness gave us just another lone-wolf bad guy revenge plot.

no. it as full story problems. bad justification for scenes. poor character motivations.

but beyond is pure generic scifi trash.

As movies:
Into Darkness > 2009 > Beyond

As Star Trek movies:
Beyond > 2009 > Into Darkness

Truthfully Into Darkness is pretty good but they did fuck up Khan. Cumberbatch should have just been a new villain.

>kino

I thought this meme had died out. But like all cancers, some bloated disgusting tumor remained somewhere in the recesses of the body. Let's kill this cancer lads. Let's kill it properly.

no it's the worst new star trek movie
beyond was surprisingly good though

>It's a good ____ movie but a bad ____ movie

>mfw they shrunk down the nacelles and made the Enterprise less THICC in Beyond
Glad they destroyed that ugly piece of shit after ruining it. Good riddance.

Oldfag purists who didn't like the way they changed Khan's character, combined with SJWs that were mad that Khan was portrayed by a white man despite canonically being of Indian descent.

it's a shit movie faggot

>Star Trek
>man from the past wants revenge
>Star Trek: Into Darkness
>Star Trek: Beyond

Bravo JJ

was it just as bad when it was rebuilt right before the credits tho?

>hey we built a beautiful thiccprise with forward leaning nacelles literally meant to go fast

>let's shrink them down to nothing and make it lean back like an ugly grasshoper

>Implying fit Enterprise isn't the best Enterprise

No, I think they made it thicc again. Nacelle angle is fixed also.

Name ONE flaw

>bad justification for scenes

How about that flaming wave of exploding aliens out of nowhere

Spock is an unconvincing Vulcan with too many mental breakdowns
Kirk literally goes through the exact same character development from the first movie
Kirk's "death" has zero emotional impact
Spock's reaction makes no sense as they hate each other throughout the movie
The 9/11 message is incredibly heavy-handed

The Spock in these movies watched his planet die. He won't be the same person he once was, AND he's really young.

The 911 message? Are you just talking about how the movie presents terrorism as a bad thing?

All of your other points are valid.

Naming things you dislike doesn't make the movie as a whole flawed.

His points about Kirk's death and Spock's reaction are on point though. Bringing Kirk back 20 minutes later is retarded and Spock acts like a longtime friend has died but they've only known each other for like 3 years.

Maybe not technically. But it didn't resonate with hard core fans or casual fans or audiences in general.

>Spock fist-fights Khan on top of a space ship

I mean come on, even for an alternate timeline Spock that's pretty fucking stupid.

It's even dumber when you realize Kirk held his own against Khan in the TOS episode he was in. If I recall correctly he even won that fight.

In like the fourth TOS episode of Season 1 Kirk fist-fights a demigod.

In pretty much every episode involving conflict Kirk either 1v3s a group of people or fights some noticeably stronger foe.

It's not like the series is without its silly violence.

That's Kirk. Spock doesn't fight.

Exactly. If you're going to flip the script make nu-Kirk some kind of pacifist and Spock some kind of badass.

I'm glad you're not in charge of writing these movies.

Me too, because they suck. Nobody deserves that on their resume.

Into Darkness couldn't into a competent plot. Prequel tier logic. Nothing made sense. Messed up characters. Boring. Absolute trash.

Stoklasa was right about Beyond. It was fun enough, and made me feel emotions other than frustration.

Beyond>09>Into Darkness

Speaking of Trek, I recently rewatched Star Trek V and I'm not going to comment on the story or writing.

What stood out to me was how cool it looked. The lighting gave the film a unique atmosphere that makes it feel distinct from any other Trek.

being a glib facsimile of another film automatically excludes you from being kino

Lol that guy is Matt Higby. He was the creative director for a game called Planetside 2, and was sort of jokingly known as an alcoholic within the community. I'm sure no one cares about this I just found it funny to see that picture completely out of the context of planetside. I had some good times playing it.

Beyond was fucking awful either way.

exploding space bees

They could have just made him one of Khan's henchmen who was trying to get Khan from the Federation.

why do you hate fun?

They didn't make him a pacifist but he got his ass handed to him in almost every fight. They made Spock tough enough to beat Khan nearly to death.