So we've discussed whose design looks better

So we've discussed whose design looks better.

But now, who would win in a fight between Legendary Godzilla and Shin Godzilla?

Neither one can use their Atomic Breath unless as a last resort.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwFNnDi1gXY
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
youtube.com/watch?v=ONqygJEJIhs
reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/54dqo2/godzilla_2014_the_gojira_cut_fan_edit_slated_for/
youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ShinG no doubt!

2014 has no match against ShinG's skeleton army

>without beams
Legendary Godzilla

>with beams
Shin Godzilla

ShinG
ToonZilla would have to outlast ShinG's attacks, but I doubt it could.

Shinji confirmed Godzilla Angel
crossover when?

>god warriors
anno bringing it all full circle, bravo

LegG is physically stronger but ShinG's beam is far more powerful. I suppose both have the same level of healing factor.

>Saw this today
>Theater full of fat neckbeards who obviously browse Cred Forums
>The pre-movie theater first look thing shows a preview for that Holocaust denial movie
>One of the fat neckbeards yells "oy vey" and laughs autistically, obviously some sort of Cred Forums memelord
>Chad tells him to "shut up faggot"
>neckbeard hangs his head in shame and looks embarrassed

was fun

>crossover when?
after the American King Kong Vs. Godzilla movie.

I wanna see ShinG brutally beat up Legendary with his tail while he unleashes his skeleton warriors

Pacific Rim vs Godzilla would be the best crossover idea.

Legendary Godzilla is at least 10x more durable.
Not to mention fast and strong and can WRESTLE.
He's able to survive nukes, and Shin was implied to be able to be nuked out.
Now, I don't think Shin godzilla's atomic breath is that strong. It's fucking dope and the tail and back lasers make him the biggest offense but we didn't really see what it could do if he sustained it in one spot.
Unless it's stronger than a nuke, point blank sustained Bearzilla can just tank it and then rush in when he has to recharge.
Bearzilla is literally the Tankzilla and unless shin goes fucking all out and directs all his spikes at bearzillas face idk man.
I think Bearzila can just rush him before anything though, he's fast as fuck and has the best body for kaiju fights.
What woukd shinzilla even evolve if the fight dragged that long?

are we seriously calling him ShinG?

Don't give the Americans ideas...

2014G flinches and reacts to being hit by tank fire, and panics running through a bridge
ShinG doesn't even flinch at all, all hundreds of tanks firing on his legs does is slow down his walking pace

2014G hesitates to use his atomic breath
ShinG uses it whenever he can, and can shoot multiple beams from his back, one from his tail WHILE shooting it from his mouth, and vomit fire all over the ground

ShinG is over 10 meters tall than 2014G

inb4 but ShinG might've been killed by a nuke, 2014G was speculated to be killed by a modern nuke as well. We don't know for either.

kek

I wanna find a high quality of this making of video.
youtube.com/watch?v=DwFNnDi1gXY

PLEASE help me guys

>What woukd shinzilla even evolve if the fight dragged that long?

My interpretation was Shin Godzilla evolved his atomic beam on the fly. He had no means of defending against an aerial attack, so he created the atomic breath as a response to the threat.

>multiple Kaijus scratch Shin G a little
>Shin G uses atomic laser beams and kills them in an instant
>roll credits

Judging by the end of the film, probably the god warrior/unarmored eva design Anno loves so much

SEQUEL WHEN?

>2014 panicks at gunfire
You seriously need to stop that shit.
That isn't true. You posting it in every thread doesn't make it true. Some faggot even posted the webm proving you wrong.

>Shin Godzilla
>Shin Gojira
>Shin 'jira
>Shinji

Anno had this planned all along

>suddenly the 1998 Zilla appears
>runs away after 5 seconds
>Both Legendary and ShinG stare at him looking confused

Some faggot posted a webm where he screamed and roared and shaked then ran through a bridge to get away

Thank you for Correcting the Record

the one fighting with mothra

>2014G flinches and reacts to being hit by tank fire, and panics running through a bridge
user, stop this shit meme. 2014 just reacts like an animal being pestered. He's clearly not in pain.

>0:38
>Not in pain
>Screaming and trying to escape
>No pain
Look, it didn't make him bleed but it hurt him, while tank fire didn't do SHIT to ShinG.

>Cobra attack choppers firing on Gojira
>Literally to tell them to hold fire they have to play a game of telephone where 6 different people give the same order down the line

Holy shit. In my time in Israeli Army the Prime Minister himself would directly get on the phone with pilots and give them instructions. Dunno if Anno was deliberately critiquing Japanese bureaucracy but it was funny.

LG, Shin's lil arms are wack

the film was heavy on the bureaucratic satire, it was a very thinly veiled indictment of the government's response to fukushima.

Endurance levels between 2014 and Shin are pretty similar.

2014 might be more powerful defensively though, USAF MOAB bombs (strongest non-nukes in US arsenal) penetrated Shin's back and caused it to bleed all over the place.

Conversely, Shin was clearly stronger offensively. Its atomic breath could reduce entire cities to ruin in seconds.

His tail though.

You have to remember that he is deformed.

Where are Western anons watching this from? I really want to see it but I can't even find a stream.

here bro

>Both images in OP's Pic are CGI
>10000 Trillion Dollar Hollywood effort looks like a cartoon
>500 Dollar Jap effort confused everyone into thinking it was a suit.

how the fuck could this happen.

it had a limited theatrical release this week dude

>Screaming and trying to escape
Not in pain though. He roars, and then runs through the bridge and roars at the ships in the bay. He's never in pain in that scene. He doesn't even flinch when the missiles and tanks hit him.

He just reacts like a large animal, which he is in 2014.

Like, if you continue to throw pebbles at a large animal, it's going to react to that. It's not really in pain, it's just getting away from the annoyance.

Did you check any of your local theaters?

it also had the range to cut across the whole city and hit high-altitude bombers

Time and effort. ShinG close up looks like he is practical

You do know Shin Godzilla used a puppet in some scenes right. Originally they were going to use a puppet for more of the movie but clearly some scenes were redid in CGI, there's one close up scene where you can clearly tell its real/a physical puppet.

>They look like big, good, strong hands, don't they?

He's reacting like a large animal getting hit by spears that only harm and don't kill it, like those videos of elephants just getting pissed and running into things while getting pelted by spears.
Point being he's still feeling pain and reacting. ShinG has NO reaction whatsoever.

I love the slow build up of this scene as it cuts back and forth to the government officials

Can shut up?
It's not a fair or truthful criticism considering rhe type of Godzilla 2014 is. He's very obviously a more intelligent Godzilla that consciously makes decisions taking in the world around him. He's more of an animal than Shin Godzilla is. He's more reactive.
I doubt shin godzilla has any thoughts in his head besides eat shit cool down and take trips inland. He stood still during open fire not because it didn't hurt him, but he just doesn't give a shit. It doesn't register because he's just following instinct.
If Bearzilla can take nukes how the fuck would bullets even hurt him, or rockets.
He does feel it yes, because he's alive and responsive and he doesn't like it. He's literally saying "aw fuck not these assholes again" when he roars in that scene and gets away cause you wouldn't like it if i came up to you with an airsoft gun and started pelting you with it. You would move too. If you were braindead like Shin you wouldn't until it hurt. He's literally autistic.

>In my time in Israeli Army
fuck off jew

Ah thank you, I'll just wait in that case. Yeah I did check for a local release, but it my area nearest cinema is a franchise operated one so I doubt it'll ever show there.

i know one of you mother fuckers has the webm of him first using his atomic breath in shin. i need to see it to sleep for the love of god...

>I doubt shin godzilla has any thoughts in his head besides eat shit cool down and take trips inland.
Did you even watch the movie and see that scene where it played that emotional music?

That song was made to show what ShinG was thinking.
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

>If I die in this world
>who will know something of me
>I am lost, no one knows,
>there's no trace of my yearning

Fuck off sand nigger

you mind giving me somethng that looks presentable???? good hustle tho

>when his jaw split open

Got a spook out of me

>pilot, attack that American ship

p much

I don't react to annoyances by acting like I'm in pain though, user. Is Bearzilla just overreacting then?
Also he went away for over 50 years after he took a test nuke. It obviously worked.
He's shaking his head and body and screaming, I don't see how it's like "Not these assholes" and not "THAT HURTS STOP"

Airsoft gun is a lot more logical than pebbles. Know why? If you're pelted by airsoft repeatedly it hurts! Like I'm fucking saying.

ShinG wasn't hurt by airsoft at all.
Also, calling him autistic doesn't help. Tard strength is an easy decider in a fight.

what a qt

That's the closest thing you're going to get to seeing the full scene without getting off your ass and going to watch the movie in the theater.

>He's reacting like a large animal getting hit by spears that only harm and don't kill it, like those videos of elephants just getting pissed and running into things while getting pelted by spears.
>Point being he's still feeling pain and reacting.

Except is isn't, because they're not hurting him. He survived the Permian extinction asteroid point-blank, a few missiles aren't fucking doing anything but annoying him

>ShinG has NO reaction whatsoever.
He does react when MOABs hit him.

Also, ShinG is a different beast altogether from 2014. ShinG is an abomination who doesn't relaly care, while 2014 is an animal who reacts to stimuli.

That's all we have dude, unless you want shitty handicaps with extremely shitty lighting

Fuck off with your Electro theme music explanations.

God this whole scene was breathtaking.

Easily one of the best scenes in a Godzilla film period.

Shin Gojira is probably the most powerful incarnation of Godzilla yet but he's a huge glass canon. He's incredibly powerful because of his various "atomic breath" attacks, but has to hibernate and cool off extremely frequently. He's incredibly resilient but at the same time vulnerable where wounded.

Shin Gojira is my favourite Godzilla but in a 1v1 cage match against Legendary Godzilla with atomic breath limited I think he'd lose. Legendary Godzilla could probably just grab him and rip him open, Shin Gojira's little arms wouldn't be able to compete.

With unrestricted atomic breath use I think Shin would probably just split Legendary Godzilla in half.

It's worth noting that Shin Gojira isn't a creature meant to exist, he hasn't evolved normally and isn't a perfect being. Just a terrifyingly resilient and adaptable one with extreme growth potential. Legendary Godzilla is a more naturally evolved creature, designed to be powerful and able to fuck up things it's size.

How can something so terrifying be so cute

already saw it in the theater it was glorious. and some guy in an earlier thread sent a high quality one without that reaction shit

Where do they say he survived an asteroid impact point-blank? They only mention he survived the extinction event. He could've been clear on the other side of the planet when the meteor hit.

That is the whole scene pretty much.
That fuck anno shows everything in the trailers and then when godzilla isn't doing trailer stuff HE'S FUCKING STANDING STILL.
I fucking hated it desu senpai.
I wanted to be surprised by more stuff but no

I specifically say OP's image and you make reference to one scene with maybe a puppet to counter argue for no reason. Stop, you've been arguing on Cred Forums for too long, time to take a break.

SWIGGITY SWOOTY

"A shaft of light is all I need to cease the darkness killing me"
Translation: I SHOOT PLANES WITH LASERS

>He survived this so this doesn't hurt
I'm pretty sure Hiroshima survivors would feel pain if you punched them in the face dude.

>He reacts when the MOABs hit him
Because they wounded him. I'm guessing his back is a weak point while everything else is harder than Bearzilla.

It was very emotional desu

nips are weird

>tfw you were able to see Kamata-kun's reveal in cinema without any prior spoilers
truly one of the most amazing moments I've ever witnessed in a movie

This looks freaky, someone explain the tail and change in appearance please.

MAGA

I saw this with my friend who had no idea what Godzilla looked like.

As soon as this scene came on screen I heard him gasp.

BRILLIANT

Anno's hubris, his sheer folly

That's a really good sculpt

>youtube.com/watch?v=ONqygJEJIhs
>yrw hearing the first drumbeats in the planning scenes

Give us a fucking sequel!

He is deformed. ShinG ain't a natural creature.

I am pretty sure that when he is morphing he is in pain.

That's why his hands are very small because like I said he is an abnormal monster.

This movie is ABOUT red tape

I WANT THIS FOR HALLOWEEN!!

Speedy Godzales (for a based Zilla) vs 20 meters taller.

I'd prob have to go with bearmode Gman. WIth lasers, I'm positive Shinzilla takes it, but who knows, maybe Legendary Godzilla has some super defensive or adaptive bullshit built into him for the sequel that he's "always had"

I would love it if Legendary and Toho kept on one-upping the other each sequel.

Is there any Godzilla 2016 costumes for Halloween?

safe to say LG is nowhere near this destructive

Halloween isnt popular in Japan and 2016 Gojira isnt popular in the US

>I'm a lawyer

Just go as you user, it's more than enough to scare everyone away. I'm really sorry.

You guys are aware that this is a political satire and not a monster movie right?

That being said, The shin gojira is very much more "base" than the last 2014 American Godzilla. It's reactive but it doesn't seem very conscious and much more animalistic. It fact that was one of my only complaints about the movie. This godzilla was much more of a plot device and didn't have much of any peronality.

That being said, I don't think it was needed, the story and aim of this movie is showing the downside of large government and tying up of bueracracy and political red tape and how it causes more harm than good .

Well yeah, he's more of a primordial guardian. Shin Godzilla is straight up an indestructible ever evolving mutant nuclear factory.

:( why do you do this?

Toho have said the puppet was not used.

The comic shows it hitting him.

>I'm pretty sure Hiroshima survivors would feel pain if you punched them in the face dude.

Are you really comparing Hiroshima to a fucking asteroid impact?

>Because they wounded him.

So you do admit he reacts.

where did these come from?

DVD-rip soon?

>and didn't have much of any peronality.
see
He sure did have a personality but the sad thing is that he hardly had any screen time when I wish he had more.

cute CUTE

Well duh.

Every Japanese Godzilla isn't actually a monster movie, but a political one. It's the Americans that don't realize this, and make Godzilla a monster movie.

>Toho have said the puppet was not used.
Well Toho are lying out of their ass because there are small quick scenes were it is clearly a physical model. You can tell when it is and isn't CGI pretty clearly.

If they didn't bother putting it in the movie, it ain't canon.

>where did these come from?
It was from an article.

No DVD-rip yet.

YES they released my favorite image of the film.

The comic was written by the same dude who wrote the movie.

Don't care.

Hiroshima to a human is an asteroid impact to a 110 meter tall armored being yeah.

I admit he reacts under circumstances more extreme than Bearzilla, that was my entire point, that ShinG is more sturdy and better armored by comparing how they both react to the same weapon.
Tanks make one react in pain and run, tanks make the other walk a bit slower but not care.

Again you say this is because ShinG is stupid, but as I said, Tard Strength is a thing.

Without lasers, 2014 Zilla takes it. He's much faster, much more agile, and has arms large enough to grapple. Shin Godzilla's biggest weapon seems to be his tail and his bite. Even used as a club, 2014 Zilla has the arm strength to grapple on to it and potentially damage Shin Zilla, possibly even severing it from the body. And while Shin Zilla's mouth does look like it has a stronger bite, his huge body mass and shape prevents him from being agile enough to use it against anything that isn't in front of him. I'd give it to 2014 Zilla, 7/3 matchup.

Are you kidding me

Watch any Jap Godzilla movie made between 1955 and 1999.

Even Godzilla 2000 wasn't really political satire.

If 2014G can make it in time to stop that purple beam, he may have a chance

>because there are small quick scenes were it is clearly a physical model.
I agree.

see
It sure looks like a puppet.

Unless there is 2 different versions of the film floating around the cinemas which I doubt.

Well there definitely is 2 versions with different subtitles because some report that they have yellow subtitles in the cinema and it was reported in the other thread that someone saw the film with white subtitles in the cinema.

;_;

>sad music means he's thinking
Hahaha, the lengths you weeb a will go to

oh FFS

fuck premiere it sucks at handling medias
Imagine relinking those taiwanese clips one by one

>big government
It was more anti-imperialist than anything.
The government of Japan were still the ones who stopped it.

I definitely saw yellow subs in my theatre.

As far as I know Funi only does yellow subs

>practical looking explosions with a practical office being tipped to its side, stuff smashing out the window as it cuts to the building falling near ShinG
Anno is brilliant

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

The CGI looks so much worse in camrips than it looks in theaters. holy shit.

>fuck premiere it sucks at handling medias
why? What do you use. Final Cut?

I like Final Cut but my film course switched to premiere so I had to use that.

If you wanna quickly edit a film without too many audio underneath then use Wondershare Filmora. Very cheap and you can export in 1080 and higher at 60fps

Who's the song about then, faggot?

It was anti-old guard. The old bureaucrats fuck everything up and the young dynamic scientists save the day.

Evangelion also had Anno saying fuck you to older generations and putting the future in the hands of children, it's literally the last line of the original series

maybe he's a pedo

with a plan only made possible by close us cooperation

it felt like it was only against the japanese establishment being content to let the us & the rest of the world take matters out of their hands

Are you autistic?

Because that is the only way that you wouldn't know that this song is meant for Godzilla himself.

They literally went behind the U.S. and worked with France to stop it.
What cooperation?

>A shaft of light is all I need
>To cease this darkness killing me
>THIS ISN'T ABOUT GODZILLA RESORTING TO SHOOTING SHAFTS OF LIGHT AT PLANES IN THE DARKNESS THAT ARE HARMING AND BOMBING HIM

>tfw you forgot to label one clip and mess up an entire sequence
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also sometimes when you export a project, there can appear to be 1 black frame somewhere in the file so you have to watch the entire thing and make sure it plays fine all way through.

US helps out in the final plan after they get the French to stall the nuclear strike.

US military attacks Godzilla with the SDF in the freeze operation.

Movie was not nearly as anti-American as I was led to believe, the heroine is even a Japanese-American character. The film is clearly calling for Japan to be a partner but not vassal of the US.

The only 2 countries who act completely rotten are Russia and China, both of which have tensions with Japan these days.

The only reason that Shin Godzilla didn't respond to the gunfire was because the Japs couldn't animate it.

Send in the trains

all the usaf drones that depleted his beams enough for the coagulant to be administered? did you just zone out during that whole sequence?

Holy shit all those buildings were CGI??

I had no idea

UNMANNED ZARIMASEN BOMBS

I use Avid and no I don't quickly edit a film.

>you can export in 1080 and higher
Neat
>at 60fps
Jesus, neck yourself. I don't know you and yet I want you to die horribly.

I think they should get rid of some of the smoke surrounding ShinG otherwise ain't too bad

no no user it isn't always true 60fps.

It just helps the video feel smooth.

If you export at 30fps it sometimes makes the frames jump so yeah.

I personally hate films done in actual 60fps because I can never watch them.

>One of the biggest movies in modern Japanese cinema has the effects of a SyFy made-for-TV B-movie

Why is the US so far ahead of Nippon?

i love the way the explosions ripple of him the way animated ones do

>there are people ITT defending 2014 Godzilla

Just saw this today. Great movie.

So I guess the ending was about humanity being the most dangerous and Godzilla evolving into humanity or something?

Why do they call the first form Kamata? what does it mean

>Using tanks and self-propelled artillery to fire on a 200 meter tall monster

yeah that was BS. If the attack heli's hellfires couldn't do it, 120mm guns aren't going to either. Really if attack helicopters and air-dropped bombs fail pretty much nothing else would work.

>He thinks American CGI is so much better
Actually the American Godzilla looks more fake compared to the Japanese one.

Yes the fire and explosions in Shin Godzilla could be way better but ShinG himself looks far more realistic.

You can tell in this webm of the 2014 one that he looks very computer generated and his flesh just doesn't look as real as ShinG if you compare the two in OP's pic.

You are not alone.

One of the quotes from the film by the science girl is
>"Humanity is more evil than Gojira"
Really makes you think

Kamata is a neighborhood in Tokyo, where the second form makes its landing.

It's the area he destroys

I thought it was another monster at first.

>tfw this place will forever be known as the rise of Godzilla

you mean first form?

>38 years old

this vid gave me a literal thrill down my spine

never been a fan of Anno. May have to watch his shit now

Nope, second. The first form is never seen besides the tail in the water, but this is a maquette of it.

I don't think it's negative that ShinG may not be thinking about anything. He only needs to walk to fuck shit up.

this movie looks like a fucking ball

holy fuck i want to see it

The way he moves when he starts spewing fire with all that shuddering and stuff looks really grotesque, like he's throwing up... I like it.

>the one guy who hates 2014 Godzilla just won't stop being a faggot about it in every thread

How did they do the gopro shot if the tanks were CGI?

That looks completely fine though. Better than some of Shin's bad spots

>that camera attached to the tank
very good different sorts of camera techniques this film had.

Even when they were setting up the room for research Anno had attached a camera to one of the chairs and we see one of the guys moving it around.

Godzilla 2014 is shit and a boring ass design.

LEAK WHEN

lel keep crying bitch nigga

were the tanks entirely cg or just the large groups of them?
i guess even if they were they could just put the virtual camera wherever they wanted it

The chair and the shot with the camera on a laptop that ended with them closing the laptop and the keyboard just coming in view for a couple frames were super cool. Manage to make even the "boring" scenes visually interesting.

>That looks completely fine though.
No it doesn't 2014 Godzilla still looks so computer generated.

Sure the second form of ShinG looked computerised (it still is one of the best Godzilla designs ever made) yet his 4th form looked heaps realistic on screen.

In some shots you couldn't tell if it was a puppet or if it was CGI whereas the 2014 one looks like a video game design all throughout

yeah he has so much talent I hope he directs more films

That's the benefit of limiting movement, no need to animate anything difficult and risk looking like shit.

CGI

As the movie showed, Godzilla was evolving into mass humanoids who could cooperate. Since it was cooperation of humanoids that defeated Godzilla.

damn, coulda fooled me

Hey even when ShinG's second form was moving around, he had perfect movement and moved in a very realisitc pace which did not at all feel like he was computer generated (although yes he did look computer generated yet I still absolutely love his creepy design).

The CGI webms an user has been dumping makes it seem like they were all CGI, since the CGI tanks in the webm were just a couple. Would have been an easy shot if they had a few real tanks.

I was less than impressed but to each his own.

It's just an Anno flick with the downside of not being animated.

>the tanks were all CGI
Wait what? Absolutely impressive

I'm sure Anno rented one real tank for the camera shot. Also just to nerd out over having a real tank on set.

will he do the sequel? Is it even fair to have someone else direct a sequel to this?

>It's just an Anno flick
Shin Godzilla is a film. It in no way is a flick.

I'm just glad you didn't call it kino.

Am I the only one who was reminded of Yoshi from Yoshi's Woolly World when a wide shot of Kamata-Kun was shown passing over the camera?

nah he's already said he's not working with toho anymore

It's King Kaiju Kino.

>kino
I can't stand that word anymore due to all the memes.

Every time someone calls something kino I can't take them seriously.

Unless you use a term like kinoprojekt (cinema project in the german language)

I dunno why there has to be some kind of fight, both Bearzilla and Shinny are great designs for different reasons. Beary is cool for being a giga nigga, and Shinji looks fucking terrifying, and has an interesting take on how Godzilla works.

I feel they both advance the Gojira fiction in great directions, and I am optimistic about more of both. Can't we all just get along?

>No it doesn't 2014 Godzilla still looks so computer generated.
Not really.

>Sure the second form of ShinG looked computerised (it still is one of the best Godzilla designs ever made) yet his 4th form looked heaps realistic on screen.

I specifically meant some of the 4th form scenes, the third form scenes, and the transformation(specifically stuff like the shit lighting at 0:05)

>In some shots you couldn't tell if it was a puppet or if it was CGI
Agree

>whereas the 2014 one looks like a video game design all throughout
Disagree.

He used those kind of camera-in-an-object shots a bunch in Love & Pop

>nah he's already said he's not working with toho anymore
WHAT??? WHYYYY

Will they still utilize the ending scene and make that into a movie?

The shot with the camera on the tank is so good. The body turning in the opposite direction of the turret, the main gun only firing when Godzilla comes on frame. The movement and satisfaction of that one shot is huge.

Anno is such a talented director, holy shit.

I demand a source. I can't believe...

>them tiny arms and that cancer in chest

The only reason it is a film is because of the criticism of the Fukushima disaster. Apart from that it is a just a mash up between the 1954 film and Evangelion. And the God Warrior.

If it's the Godzilla movie I'm getting then I am happy.

I read that he said its up to Toho. So we will just have to hope the films success will give them the impression that we'd like a more direct sequel with Anno at the wheel. I don't think anyone else could do it the same justice.

HE NEEDS TO DIRECT A FRANK HERBERT'S DUNE BEFORE HE PASSES

He is seriously the best guy to do this right now

The film is a huge success I have heard in Japan and that it reached to #2 after a month it was out?

That 2014 looks like a piece of shit, when it got up on land and started the first stomp I thought it looked like a piece of shit in a model town

its honestly one of my favorite shots in the whole film

The whole movie is very bland and mediocore as well.

Shin Godzilla actually feels like a Godzilla film

This is my favorite shot
Right when ShinG starts to rest.

since 1954 godzilla has always been the monster manifestation of the atom bomb that was dropped on japan

you're a fucking moron

>I like Final Cut

Glad you like an 8 years old obsolete app.
Glad your school switched to the next cheapest logical solution.

But I have to admit I really like their stabilizer.

I love how Zilla's all "H-hey guys, I'm here too...I'll just...stand over there..."

(You)

So Terror of Mechagodzilla is bland and mediocre?

You dirty liar

It's currently the highest grossing live action movie of the year over there.

>Fanedit Running Time: 79
>Time Cut: 43

I laughed loudly

I think 2014 is more in like with the majority of Showa era movies. While Shin is more line with the very original Godzilla.

Both serve different purposes.

Same. I thought it was the monster Godzilla would fight. When it transformed my mind was fucking blown.

Where do I get this?

the fanedit site which stored it is down sadly so either try torrents or I guess someone has to upload it onto MEGA because it used to be on MEGA until yeah the section where all fanedits closed down :/ hmm

Is it better? Seems like it'd be way better.

yeap of course. Is more true to a Godzilla film

>confused everyone into thinking it was a suit
Because everyone kept fucking saying it was a suit. When you watch the movie, its very very obviously cheap cgi. Around the level of Godzilla 98, better in some scenes and worse in others, like when hes still a baby

A much better fanedit is coming out with color correction to fix the BluRay's terrible darkening:

reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/54dqo2/godzilla_2014_the_gojira_cut_fan_edit_slated_for/

The dude delayed it but it should be coming out soon. He's also including the whole film with color correction and a bunch of extras

true, Fatzilla sucks

You do realize 2014 is set up like Terror of Mechagodzilla, right?

His arms are too long and buff. Looks like shit.

>2014 LegG looked so computer generated
after just watching it for the first time I thought it looked more real than ShinG is, and seeing ShinG up close you can tell it was CG save for littleshinG
doesn't matter though, both look great.

>DISCLAIMER: You must own the official DVD or Blu-ray to legally own this fan edit. Do not condone piracy.
What does that even mean? How would that even work?

He looks too much like a bear

>What does that even mean? How would that even work?
They have to put some type of thing on their fanedit so they don't get sued even though it is still frowned upon to publicly display your fanedit (which is so stupid and makes it harder to actually track them down now to watch).

and his atomic breath is dull and flat

dat boobs

wew

This entire thread belongs in a walk for Autism.

2014 Godzilla paid more tribute to the original film than Shin G. The only reason Shin G was even made was to make some shekels off the 2014 movie's coat tails.

2014 Godzilla was properly depicted as a force of nature that cannot be controlled. He's not meant to be an anime characters with over the top attacks.

Shin Godzilla felt like I was watching a mix of Pokemon meets Dragon Ball Z. That isn't what Godzilla should be about. And that's why this movie saw a limited release in the states. It wouldn't be able to sell tickets to the masses, just neckbeards. But hey, I bet the people who defend this movie are also the ones who defend "The Force Awakens," despite it being a repeat of episode 4.

>Roaring as jets fly by
That's so american it hurts

>2014 Godzilla paid more tribute to the original film than Shin G

>2014 Godzilla paid more tribute to the original film
and failed.

Both 2014 Godzilla and The Force Awakens are as Americanized as American films can get with over the top action because "muh audience will get bored" so why in the world would any fan of Shin Godzilla defend TFA?

The absolutely forced character arc and the shitty girl and kid ruined the movie. Not to mention the cutesie cutaways that Edwards did to not show the monster fights.

And then the BD and DVD release was absolutely shit, what the fuck happened to all the light?

The first act and 3rd act are 10/10 although the 2nd act did drag on a bit but the laser tail segment was brilliant.

Maybe it needs a bit of a clean up with the edit but all in all it was a fantastic tribute. Far better than the 2014 one by miles.

I am not kidding, what you see in this webm is exactly how the brightness is in the DVD release.

>faggots arguing about which Godzilla is better

Can't we just be happy that the franchise is back with well received movies in both markets after a decade? Everyone wins here.

2nd train attack was even better with them climbing up ShinG before exploding.

Cloverfield is more compelling.

>2014 Godzilla paid more tribute to the original film than Shin G.
I bet even Gareth Edwards don't thinks so In his real intention.

>Cloverfield unleashing his baby monsters
>ShinG unleashing his skeleton army
10/10 WOULD WATCH

okay

Legendary Godzilla can move.

really looks terrible, not even memeing

Ruined is harsh, it's just a shame because there is a good film in there that is ruined by Hollywood pandering.
This final fight scene was so good in the theaters, I guess my eyes had adjusted to the darkness or something.

Is there a Japanese BR or DVD release of this movie yet?

Anybody feel bad for the original prime minister goddamn

Yeah he got unceremoniously fucked.

It was fine in theatres. WB just fucked up the transfer big time.

>oh man Godzilla's wrecking everything this is cool
>wait was that the PM's helicopter
>oh shit

Yep. He was based too.

underrated post

>Mere moments after he was convinced to leave his station because he firmly believed his duty was to stay until the last civilian was out of the city.
>Dies anyways

>Tokyo is burning
>PM killed
>audience clapping

Fuck Rebuild, I just want Anno to continue to make good films instead, clearly he knows what he's doing.

>audience laughing at that scene where the guys are sitting quiet in a room and not talking

>baby monsters
seriously? are people still thinking this?

I legit think the audiences had no idea what they were seeing. i.e. they had no idea that it was going to be very serious and instead probably thought it was going to have comedy in it and just revolve around seeing how many buildings Godzilla destroys whilst helicopters try to dodge his attacks

Can someone hook me up with a camrip

>watching Shin Godzilla as a camrip
not a good idea at all user. Either see it in the cinema or wait for it to be released.

Im a fan of the scene thats shot from the point of view of the law books when theyre looking to see how they can mobilize the military. This movie incorporates all of motion manga type shots and its works out well.

The fucker on the left looks like he would tear him apart with his arms alone

Wow, that's a big difference.

In all fairness, Godzilla's first full appearance in the film is really cute.

>oops he forgot to save the project with the brightness increased
kek

I'd rather watch this edit to be honest
Gets rid of the family subplot and all that

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

I'll wait for when it releases in Japan but how long will that take for it to make it stateside?

8 month's- 2 years?

What did he mean by this?

So he basically just changed the color and didn't do much to try to improve the brightness (even though it is impossible to do this without making it look bad)

Oh no, gauge earring degeneracy has reached the east. Quick, somebody break out the padlocks

fuck im hjyped

oh wait there is a difference if you make the image brighter yourself.

this image is shit

Not that guy, but it might just be "cool" or "stylish" English lyrics that have no bearing the story, like in Rebuild. Half the songs in Shin Godzilla are lifted from there and the other half sound like they are.

well that song does have a bearing on the story because it IS about the POV of ShinG himself.

Anno knew what he was doing.

Pretty sweet tbfwy

so Shin is worth seeing?

there's a theater about an hour away from me that's showing it. wondering if i should go down there.

Which edit are you referring to wanting to watch?

Gojira Cut basically cuts out the family and instead makes the film about Ford wanting to reach them.

Well yes. He color corrected it. It'd be impossible to brighten it like you said but at least you can see shit better

I've heard the Japanese Blu ray is like it wss in theaters but I have no confirmation.

Crazy how much detail you can see, I might mess with this more.

Yes it is

Yes - try to get tickets in advance if you can. I saw it today, and the theater was packed.

I actually like this.

Autism

You're also incorrect.

You guys ever feel you like Shin Godzilla 'cause you're supposed to? I don't like it all really.

and looks fake as fuck

I don't like it. I love it.

I still don't like, I think it's cringy.

How?

How so user? Because of how edgy the new Goji is?

>ShinG

The absolute fucking poet

Jesus this.
Listening to you kids split hairs over nothing when none of you had to suffer through the theatrical disappointment which was 1998 Godzilla. Neither movie is "bad".

>UNH, COME WIT ME

>silhouette of a literal penis
>Edgy as fuck
>over the top anime action
>looks like a youtube student-film tier effects
I unirionically prefer Godzilla 2014 and Zilla's design to Shin Godzilla.And liking this is like one huge meme on Cred Forums.

>Legendary Godzilla can move.
Yeah... in a computer

ShinG's second form is one of the best Godzilla designs ever.

>looks like a literal creep
>blood pouring from its gills

Same as Shin Godzilla.

But Shin looks way more realistic and they are lying by saying that no practicals of him were used

I do like the second form better than the first.

They're not though. The puppet was not used.

We never saw the first

I was referencing this user's pic

Well he damn looks 100% realistic in some shots whereas 2014 Godzilla looks 100% CGI in every shot

Holy fuck I never knew I needed this

I like how in Shin, they state that Goji can just will himself immortal. That's a testament to strength and abilities. ShinG can evolve quickly to counter just about anything and considering he is just a liquid that can regenerate from a drop, this makes it hard to get rid of him. Shin G confirmed to never cease the darkness killing him.

>Harkonnen Baron appears
>no audio at all
>Suddenly a loud buzzing sound occurs as he begins to fly
>all sorts of camera angles show the Baron in different angles
Anno would master the film

Shin's teeth is the best ever

That's form 2

There's plenty of shots where he doesn't. And no, you're wrong.

Also, that's a fucking photoshopped promo image

>that's a fucking photoshopped promo image
Nope he looked just like that in the movie

Thst specific image you posted is a photoshopped promo image retard.

>I like how in Shin, they state that Goji can just will himself immortal. That's a testament to strength and abilities. ShinG can evolve quickly to counter just about anything and considering he is just a liquid that can regenerate from a drop, this makes it hard to get rid of him. Shin G confirmed to never cease the darkness killing him.

holy autism. Shin G is garbo tier.

>preferring 2014 one over 2016
You memeing?

camrip when!?

Bruh, you would know great film making even if Stanley Kubrik slapped you across the face with a screenplay.

But liking Shin G is literal memes.

Shin Godzilla is my new favourite Godzilla film, honestly. But I also don't want to see this new Godzilla in any monster fights.

Shin Goji lives in constant pain and misery, and his development potential is extremely overpowered.

He's not loveable like the old Godzilla was, he's a masterpiece inside of his movie but I don't want to see him go on wacky fun adventures where he fights a giant moth and a three headed dragon.

No. It's not.

Half the songs are a remix of Evangelion music and the other half are remasters from the original Godzilla.

Bruh do you even persecute the masses?

Sounds like he needs a shaft of light

If he can't see, then he should just stop wearing a void

Nah ShinG is not made to battle other monsters I dont think

It could just evolve some beefier arms

He can fight with other monsters but they need to change a lot. Maybe creatures based in him like Biollante can work...

But im not sure how can make a sequel

He has an army of skeletons to help him if you have watched the movie

>You guys are aware that this is a political satire and not a monster movie right?
These aren't mutually exclusive terms. Being political satire doesn't make something not a monster movie.

Nigga you dumb.

This is so bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0

shin gojira best gojira

Why?

You are.