What a strange and unique Godzilla movie. Honestly I wasn't expecting this. It wasn't bad. I enjoyed it thoroughly...

What a strange and unique Godzilla movie. Honestly I wasn't expecting this. It wasn't bad. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it was very very different. The direction of the quick edits and cuts reminded me of a Wes Anderson movie. I really enjoyed how even though it was a movie about Godzilla.... it really wasn't "about" Godzilla. Very politically based and more of a satire about how gov't policy, regulation, and procedure can get in the way of anything actually getting done. (Congress anyone?)

Also I really like Godzilla's first "Baby" form. It's bizarro wide eyes really set it apart from other looks.

Anyone else enjoy this as much as me? I was so glad it wasn't just all action and explosions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0
youtu.be/rG4o5SUHlic
youtube.com/watch?v=uirF6FDKxSU
youtube.com/watch?v=ItNjB1yjrSw
youtube.com/watch?v=WssdaALr8qA
youtube.com/watch?v=_2-oMGeVXO4
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvqdmvC08I
youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk
books.google.com/books?id=r_Gu4f0QxrkC&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=casaba howitzer&source=bl&ots=F5c_2wN59_&sig=bdncUhPzbbmSSpsHXYoLXqYKMTk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiA4d6ThN_PAhVFxWMKHYRFDxM4ChDoAQgbMAA#v=onepage&q=casaba howitzer&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I loved it. Second only to the first one. Godzilla is at its best when it's got something to say.

Bump for what I can tell will be a cult favorite

>Second only to the first one

Hahahahaha, no.

Probably gonna get shit, but I haven't wanted to download a movie in a long time and with kickass being down where should I go? Piratebay is asking for shit, but I guess public trackers in general are. I just wanna see Ano's version.

You're entitled to your opinions.

It's a nice satire and all, but did it really have to spend so much time on the satire part? Like, half or more of the movie involved people talking in a room. Run time could've been cut down, or maybe more focus on the guys on the ground where the destruction is. The meetings were an amusing thing dragged on for too long and almost seemed like padding at times.

When can I expect to get the blu ray?

if you want an action movie watch the 2014.

>You will never attend the anti-Godzilla operation meeting as a scientist/military officer/politician.

I'm someone who liked the original, is moderately entertained by the sequels and spinoffs, and was just bored by 2014. Will I like Shinchan Godzilla?

its treatment of godzilla is the most like the original tonally, so probably

Fuck yourself. The movie DEFINITELY could have benefited from a shorter run time.

Honestly? I think you will...seriously give it a shot. It's VERY different than the 2014 (thank fucking christ) and different than the other mindless godzilla vs random monster movies

The movie's political satire and all the rest was entertaining but I think that the movies action in particular deserves more credit. The battle scene in the middle of the movie was fucking awesome. The movie does have lots of people talking in meeting rooms but when shit goes down it goes down. None of that dust and ugly sweeping shots of muhreens shouting at each other. Huge guns and lasers and buildings getting knocked down. I think that it's really impressive considering that this movie had about 1/4 of the budget of Ghostbusters.

try torrentproject(dot)se

next year

I really enjoyed the movie but it did feel like it dragged on for about the last quarter of the film. The characters were all pretty enjoyable, except for that "American" lady and her god-awful Engrish. I appreciated how different it was from any typical Godzilla film but because I am familiar with some of Hideaki Anno's work, the whole thing just reminded me of Anime and ruined otherwise mind-blowing scenes cause i would always think "oh, that's just like EVA" Put together with the disappointing fact that GODZILLA IS FUCKING CGI it made the whole film feel like something other than Godzilla. Both recent Godzilla films have disappointed me now in that regard but nevertheless I am excited to see where this goes and look forward to future G-Zilla adventures

Fucked up the spoiler. How embarrassing .

I wanted this guy to fuck me in the bathroom stall after reconstruction aid meeting #42662

I just saw it. That fucking ending. As expected of the Master.

I think that they did actually have a godzilla suit made, but just as a reference for the CG guys. I think that that was noticeable. In a few shots he looked like a proper rubber-suit. I'd say that they handled the cg pretty well. It wasn't a crutch for them or anything. They couldn't have had shots with all the artillery hitting him at once and blocking him out in smoke without CG.

I agree on the second half dragging a bit though. After the old government was destroyed their wasn't much left for the people to do aside from have loads of revelations and get their plan moving.

I thought this film had some beautiful cinematography.
My favorite shot: Shortly after Godzilla fucks up Tokyo at night, he's walking towards the camera with everything on fire behind him.
I also fucking loved how you could tell Anno directed it. Scenes reminiscent of Evangelion fit well imo. The quick, silent shots of random shit were really powerful, including the final scene.

I'm really impressed with it desu. It definitely left its mark.

My local art house theater is showing this but they're inexplicably charging like twice as much as a normal movie. Why?

they don't think it'll make enough money to justify showing it at normal rates i'd imagine

or they're just jews who know the people who really want to see it will pay

DOWNLOAD LINK where

godzilla is really about the horror of the atom bombs dropped on japan in ww2, and the original and now SHIN are trying to show that horror

if you notice SHIN is very unsettling, just walks through the city unsaved by everything

Where ya'll watching this? Any download links yet?

not a fan of any godzillas but I will say I enjoyed this alot. the point that got me was that for once the human characters where charming and appealing. I actually enjoyed the human stuff in this although it could have been cut down a bit. the times when zilla is on screen and in action are great.

It's up on HDbits.

Surprisingly I was able to see this in a regular theater in Australia. There were about 18 people watching but I think it's cool that they showed it. I didn't have to go anywhere special or anything.

go to the theater honestly no shill its worth it if you can

Which evolution of Decisive Battle was your favorite?

The first. It was so very very....different looking...no arms, and sort of just pushing itself onto land? Fucking creative.

nigga WHAT IS THAT

Guitar riff version.

I liked it. My entire theater started laughing the second they showed Godzilla's face for the first time.

> he doesn't know about HDbits

Can I torrent this anywhere?

you want to hook a niggga up with some login info?

Just wait a few days, it'll trickle down to the commoner trackers.

stop being a bitch, and pay for this one..it's worth it. save your pirating for the normal hollywood crap

It might not be possible unless he's near a theater showing it. My local theater is the only showing it anywhere near here and they only did a single matinee.

cmon bra, its art.. art shouldn't be whored out money maaaaannn

Was gonna go see this last night but the only theater playing it is sold out for the rest of the weekend

Aww

Saw it today. Was really cool, especially the you know what with his tail. Wasn't expecting that but I'm glad they found a new way to make him fresh, but still keep everything familiar.

I really need to draw this qt

>that ending

What the fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0

I think it might just be the best one, even compared to the original by a hair.

Can someone literally explain the ending to me? I didn't get it.

Can we get a spoiler image of the tail from someone who finished watching it online? That was super rad.

According to what people say online, Godzilla was undergoing evolution to match its opponent, meaning a community of individuals.

Or something. Im sure there are multiple interpretations.

it's less of his seed populating the earth than it is a representation of those killed by nuclear catastrophe I guess, although they say something about him mutating further if they don't freeze/kill him.

>all that classic music
>Godzilla rises in his apparent 4th form
>this plays
youtu.be/rG4o5SUHlic

Oh okay, i thought it was something like that. Thanks guys

Also notice that in his fourth form, the tail actually had a face, which was hinting the entire time that his tail might disconnect and form a whole new gojira

>Everything goes to complete shit
>Godzilla fucking up Tokyo
>this plays
youtube.com/watch?v=uirF6FDKxSU
>It's written in the perspective of Godzilla

>a shaft of light is all I need
>as he's firing his mouth beam

This movie is kino. Not any subkino, like capekino, kaijukino, negrokino. It's just kino. I fucking love it

This. My retarded friend didn't really get it at the end, so I used SpongeBob as an example.

"Remember when SB and Sandy were competing and saying whether land creatures or sea creatures were better, SB said 'can you reproduce by budding?' As other SBs began sprouting up and talking. Godzilla was budding offspring off his body, starting with his tail, his tail turning into another head/mouth, and then at the very end budding off several smaller forms that got frozen. At the end the final evolution was to able to reproduce completely by itself (to take over the world as the Japs said)."

When I explained it like that he got it right away.

I don't think it'll ever top this masterpiece.

wait so he's a fish now?

>Godzilla and megalon don't actually fight on top the twin towers

Nah it's pretty shit, man

>Funimation wanted to call this Godzilla Resurgence until Toho told then to stop being stupid

Does Funi do nothing but screw up nowadays?

Also I liked the meta joke about what to name Gojira.

>Well, if the Americans are calling it Godzilla, I guess that's what we're calling it

More or less.

My weeb Cred Forumsutist friend says funi was always shit

I don't know why Anno didn't include Jet Jaguar. Missed opportunity.

Oh he's there, he's just invisible

In this movie, Godzilla is an asexual organism that consists of a hive mind thing that feeds off radiation , and it's implied that every piece of crap that falls from him can evolve back into Godzilla. The ending was either him about to unleash a skeleton army, or some Anno thing about how humanity is the most dangerous of all (which they flat out state in the movie).

For those complaining about the satire sections, well you all got ShinG'D!

Did anyone else catch Anno, Miyazaki and Oshii cameos?

Ya and thats what I love about him

>hive mind
this is false
literally nowhere does it imply that

The Japanese Godzilla movies are very boring. They should just give up and let Americans do all the Godzilla movies from now on. The only good ones are American.

What about the scene when Godzilla first enters the main city at night and all the power goes out around him?

2014 Godzilla was one of the most disappointing cinema experiences I have had... Jurassic World being the second most disappointing experience.

Please do not give these sorts of movies to Americans.

Is there a decent torrent for it out already?

However you want to slice it. It's just a nuclear burn victim abomination made up of mutated legion.

Shin Godzilla 2020 will be mini Gojira running around and being cute and bleeding everywhere.

the shot of the employee watching the news and having the power cut out on him suddenly really stuck out to me

I liked it when she spoke English and slapped that other guys hand.

She seemed like a cool charismatic person

This movie had god-tier monster designs

Also the wideshot of Godzilla just standing still facing the camera as his glowing body slowly fades out to black

Was that shown in the movie?? I missed the first 10 mins cos I arrived late in cinema :( still I got t see the street rampage

they showed that form's tail poking out above the water but not the full thing, that painting is based on a maquette from some making-of material

You only see the tail for that form

Awesome. This is the best Godzilla ever.

Reminds me of good old original horror films

Maybe the sequel can begin with flashbacks?

>mfw we get to find out the truth to what happened to that guy who disappeared or committed suicide

>making-of material
I hope they release an artwork book along with features on the blu ray

Both of those movies are awesome. All Japanese Godzilla movies are shit tier.

This movie is probably my favorite movie of the year. I've never watched anything else by Anno, so it all seemed very fresh and effective to me.

I never seen such horrendous tastes.

How do you want your special limited Blu Ray Steelbook cover to look like?

the movie was pretty good. just wished the CGI was better. its 2016 and they still cant get their shit together.

I will keep saying it: Anno NEEDS to direct an adaption of Frank Herbert's Dune novel.

After seeing his Godzilla film, he is the absolute perfect visionary director.

The opening act was funny satire of bureaucratic ineptitude. The second act was just boring.

What're your favorite Godzilla themes? Here's mine:

youtube.com/watch?v=ItNjB1yjrSw

youtube.com/watch?v=WssdaALr8qA

youtube.com/watch?v=_2-oMGeVXO4

youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE

eh, a lot of that has to do with how much the kaiju/tokusatsu genre has always been one of his loves, there was a very heavy element of him coalescing all his early influences in this film. i don't think he'd be able to deliver in the same with something that didn't hold the same personal meaning and lifelong familiarity

>tfw the 1954 music appeared in this film
I was so happy!

I really disliked the use of the old recording of the Godzilla theme in Shin Godzilla.
The analog hiss sounded really fucking bad in the theater.

It was absolutely phenomenal. The Tokyo attack at night is probably my favorite Godzilla scene of all time. It was only heightened by the fact that 90% of the movie thus far was political satire. I get why people didn't enjoy it, but I found it interesting.

I feel like the movie peaked there. And maybe it was too early in the movie format liking for it to peak. My only complaint, really.

All those people underground getting blacked out. The guy in the TV store. And those shots of Godzilla with the red glow in front of the dark background. Shit put me on the edge of my seat.

Dune is right up his alley though I believe. He could easily do a live action kind of anime sci fi feel to it, incorporating his uniqie direction of camera angles, audio. It would be magnificent!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvqdmvC08I
Thanks Anno

Monster Zero March has always been my favorite, so when this one played during the final conflict I was fucking ecstatic.

youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk

I liked how the movie used some logic. The whole time the JSDF was fighting Godzilla I was saying in my head "Get America to bomb him with MOPs (Massive Ordnance Perpetrators." Literally the next scene were some B-2s dropping them on him. God bless Anno's military autism.

When does it come out in Europe lads?

nobody knows lad

They could have killed godzilla with conventional weapons after they realized his point defense system was exhausted.

Someone please im so hyped for watching this but i live on a third world country we will never have shin godzilla on theatres fuckk

There's only some short clips that have been floating on youtube etc that I know of

Does anyone know the explanation for ending?
Why were there human skeletons on his tail?

What are these things?

Homo Gojirans

ShinG is able to create life?

Really makes you think

Dead crane crew?

What a fucking clip to end on.

Best ending of a film that I've seen recently.

Anno is a genius and deserves so much more film projects. I hope he returns for a sequel.

I wonder if they were going to be Human sized Gs, or just a fuck-tonne of normal Gs.

they will no doubt morph into new forms just like ShinG but will probably stay the same.

After all, ShinG began as a big fish
and stayed that same size basically while just constantly morphing into new things once he got to land and adapted.

>mfw the sequel to Shin Godzilla becomes the best sci fi horror film since Carpenter's The Thing
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

the fact that it was in total silence too

>(Congress anyone?)
I know right why can't our government be more like saudi arabias??

I wish my area had more showings that I could get to that weren't sold out. I want to see it again so bad.

Two big take aways from me that I keep coming back to are. Shin Godzilla hasn't done his final evolution yet, it's still not complete. I feel like it was going to go into another mutation before it froze.

Secondly, I swear, this is a pro militrization of Japan film or Anno's trolling that concept hard. As much as Anno had U.S. go all big bro to help them, he's still heavily implying that Japan's leadership is weak and make decisions on it's own or it is always worried about what the outside world will think of it when it makes a decision (good or bad).

Me too user. Based Madman came through for us. Very surprising amount of Village Cinemas in Victoria are showing it.

Really enjoyed the film, though with every single evacuation scene, of which there a few, I was reminded of Episode 1 of Evangelion.
Even though it can be difficult to not catch some of the political satire due to not being a Japanese native, I do think the movie is a good look for the international audience into how people in Japan (by which I mean Anno) perceive the country in this age. 'Post-war extends forever' is a really great line.

I agree. Those parts really fucking dragged.

Busan international film festival.

Failures of infinity.

>live in Baltia
>no chance of seeing it in theaters
Suffering. Blue ray when

I liked both 2014 and Shin, should I hang myself?

Anno really did it.

>Secondly, I swear, this is a pro militrization of Japan film
I disagree. I don't think it had that kind of message at all. It was just a satire of Japanese bureaucracy

Nah, I did too. I honestly don't dislike any Godzilla movies except Revenge and Son of. And even then, they are more "mood" sorts of films, where I will watch them if I want to drown in camp.

I think I'll be more unpopular than you when I say I didn't care for the ending of Shin. I hated that G just basically sat there and let them beat him, with only token resistance, and then only at first. And I hated the tail thing, at least at the time, though this fan theory of him trying to evolve into a group of smaller creatures to counter the humans is at least intriguing. I just don't care for G to breed in any sense, really. I prefer it as a singularity; a freak that has no peer nor comparison, so when I saw the little things I just kinda facepalmed. And even though the "community" theory is better than the breeding notion, I still don't care for it.

Probably my favorite new thing though is how his breath is basically a nuclear blowtorch, and his throat is just the valve that focuses it. That was fucking amazing.

As a concept, using a nuke as a laser of sorts isn't a new concept. Like using a nuke as a form of propellant.

If ShinG really wanted to, he could probably have used his atomic breath to propel himself into space.

books.google.com/books?id=r_Gu4f0QxrkC&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=casaba howitzer&source=bl&ots=F5c_2wN59_&sig=bdncUhPzbbmSSpsHXYoLXqYKMTk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiA4d6ThN_PAhVFxWMKHYRFDxM4ChDoAQgbMAA#v=onepage&q=casaba howitzer&f=false

This movie is basically the best thing ever. It's pure joy and I can't wait until I can get it on blu-ray.

I know it isn't, but I still liked how they handled the mechanics of it.

>in general
Honestly the reason why I'm not more bitter/spiteful of the film, or things in general that rehash/reinvent things I like these days, is that I know I have impossible standards and try to enjoy things for what they are. I found a ton that I liked in the film, even if the ending left me wanting, and I will buy it when I see it for sale in my area. It deserves a spot my my collection because it's interesting, fun, and does more than enough right to be entertaining. And that's all I can ask for, so thanks Anno you glorious weirdo.

>still no torrents