So, women and people of colour were responsible for the Empire's defeat

So, women and people of colour were responsible for the Empire's defeat.

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/carrie-fisher-british-accent-star-wars-article-1.2457675
news.com.au/national/australia-will-be-paying-70000-for-each-asylum-seeker-that-arrives/story-fncynjr2-1226655532914
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_trooper
youtube.com/watch?v=e2GDT5VLLkI
youtube.com/watch?v=fvmToBq_S_E
youtube.com/watch?v=j_gDIbnBlMI
youtube.com/watch?v=G4h3P-NjblE
youtube.com/watch?v=JsHUSxFAgtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off neckbeard

oh my GOD who the FUCK cares about this STUPID ASS movie FUCK

Oh my God why does it matter.

Diversity is bad when they retcon old characters for no reason other than to be diverse. (Ghost busters, Mary jane).

Making NEW characters that aren't 'Muh oppressed master race' is fine.

Erm, it's literally what they are doing. They take all oppressed minorities and make them fight the evil white male. It's so obvious that it's actually hilarious. In 10 years people will be eyerolling at these movies.

OH MY GOOD, sheez. I mean, can we NOT talk about this??? I'm effin disappointed of you, guys. I can't even... *sigh*

how delusional and self confirming are you, holy shit.

WTF i hate sjws now

>No black rebel
Well, that's an improvement

Dropped.

Heroes have always been marginalized groups. Empire is notoriously human. There should be some black people in there, since blacks are a branch if humans. I honestly don't mind all this, it's only annoying as fuck because it encourages SJW timblerinas to be even more retarded, so, yeah, it's shit propaganda whereas in another time it would be okay. Movies always pondered to social retards.

Well, I think you're just in denial dude. It's literally "muh oppression" vs "le ebil white male". For god's sake, they even call themselves "rebels". They might have well been called SJW's.

But it's true you dumb faggot.

The girl's kinda hot to be quite honest famiry

A rebel is what you call a person who is a member of a rebellion.

You know, because they're rebelling against the Empire?

Disney is shooting themselves in the foot with the direction they're taking star wars.

I have a different interpretation.

None of these characters were in any of the future (from a timeline perspective) movies. Meaning they likely all die (because you'd think someone who got them the Death Star plans would be celebrated as a hero). So the Rebellion basically put Operation Human Shield into effect.

The rebellion was first introduced in the first Star Wars film, Episode IV.

Did you even watch them, or did you come here from Cred Forums to complain about something you don't know?

You were saying?

You are into rats?

Yes, and they weren't a mixed group of minorities back then, so why would they be now?

Yes, Star Wars has always been a juvenile fantasy where misfits and nerds topple the establishment.

The Empire was rabidly pro-human and anti-alien. It's no surprise that the Rebel Alliance is mostly made up of aliens.

>based leia vs stronk independant rat face
Nah.

That's because they think if they give them racial diversity nobody will notice the lack of real characters.

>Yes, and they weren't a mixed group of minorities back then

Out of the 5 rebels that the series focuses on, one of them was black and one was an alien. We also saw plenty of aliens elsewhere in the Rebellion's military (Admiral Ackbar, Lando's copilot in Episode VI, some other background characters I'm probably forgetting about).

Why is every Star Wars female lead a short headstrong brunette who makes a point of surprising everyone with how cool and action-y she is?

>Padme
>Leia
>Rey
>Ira Belle

They need to mix it up a little bit. Why not have one that's sort of a female version of Obi-Wan?

They all talk with British accents when they're first introduced, too (although Padme and Leia later drop it).

That's EU bullshit

Is it just me or did they all talk with semi-British accents during the prequels?

Maybe it was the hammy Shakespeare-wannabee dialogue of Lucas, but Padme and Anakin always sounded like they were trying to put on a half-hearted accent.

Yes, and instead of interesting aliens, now you get pandering racial minorities because they are the ones the movie is now made for.

>if we pander to you, you'll come see our movie r-right?
>we already have the white nerds coming anyway

I'm willing to bet that Ackbar > any of these cookie cutter designed by diversity board room marketing tools substitutes for "characters"

Maybe the real troopers that get blown the fuck away will come across as the real heroes while our protagonists clearly are playing shit on easy mode.

>people of color

is there a more pretentious-sounding phrase?

I have a chronic fascination with prepping bulls.
This movie appears to my tastes.

The people on the right don't even look like they belong in Star Wars

stop watching garbage m8

This is the pussy generation. Remember it.

>plenty
>can name 2 over 3 fucking films
Ah yes

Why weren't they allowed to be part of the assault on the death star?

The original people who stole the death star plans were Bothan spies, as referenced in the OT. Now there are no aliens in the team at all.

they're not even colourful

white people have much more hair and eye colour variance.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING BOTHANS?

FUCK THIS RETCONNING PANDERING BULLSHIT.

Beacause they are gonna die. I hope

That was the second Death Star, have you even seen these movies or are you just trying to further your agenda

You don't have to answer that

this movie is for the reddit generation of star wars fans. it will be a total disaster.

Stay mad, furfag.

You're thinking about the second death star

"many bothans died to bring us this information" is a line from episode vi

Yeah, but if the rebellion was so multicultural and diverse then why were only white guys with 70s mustaches allowed to be part of the assault?

It actually offends me. Makes us sound like we're the pets of these snobby upper class liberals, or that we're somehow disabled.

how fucking deluded are you

That was the second one

Though it's not much of a stretch to imagine that the first theft would have been realised by bothan spies as well

Headcanon is superior to nu-canon anyway

Padme was actually doing a British accent in Episode I, but by III she sounded like a normal American. Obi-Wan, Dooku, and the Emperor are played by Brits. Windu always sounded American, Anakin's actor just has an annoying accent.

And FWIW, the lore of the series is that the "Core Worlds" have British accents (which is why most Jedi sound like Brits), while the Outer Rim is American (Luke, Anakin) and the mid-rim can be either one (Han vs Leia in Ep IV).

White people are just the "safe" villains now. From the 30s- 70s you could have had pretty much anyone be the villains but mostly only whites as heroes. From the 80s-00s most heroes were mostly white or black but you could have other minorities as well, villains were again of all races. 10s-now we mostly have more heroes being minorities but still a large amount of whites but as for villains they mostly seem white, followed by blacks and then fewer minorities as bad guys. The current trend in the last 2 years seems to be for less white heroes and more white villains. Now whether this is by design or by accident is up for debate.

>whether this is by design or by accident is up to debate

There are also certain trends in which race gets to be which villain. Maybe I'm missing a lot of movie, but it feels like non-white latinos overwhelmingly play drug lords. Heroic roles seem to be reserve for light-skinned latinos (Oscar Isaac, for example).

GOD FUCK STUPID ASS FUCK DUBS

theres always some fucktard trying to force this meme

He looks white to me

Ackbar had like less than 10 lines and wasn't much of a character.

Spics are the ones who get fucked the most despite being America's second largest demography.

>Disney
>by accident

I like you, you're an optimistic kinda fella aren't ya?

>although Padme and Leia later drop it
Padme never had a British accent, not even as a Queen.

> Padme and Anakin always sounded like they were trying to put on a half-hearted accent.
Anakin had a British accent after Episode I.

>Padme was actually doing a British accent in Episode I
What do you mean by this? Do you mean Portman tried an accent, and failed? I just heard a standard American accent.

Kill yourself or get some glasses.

I didn't really like star wars. George Lucas is a weeaboo as well.

And is remembered 20 years later.
In 20 years you'll remember none of these cardboard cutouts names. Except for maybe the giant robot.

?

who is his waifu

The upper class of the republic spoke with english accents and Padma's accent was Naboo's royal way of speaking.

Asuka

Okay? I'm just saying Padme never had a British accent.

Also, she had a different accent as a Queen than when she was a servant.

>?
Fuck off. Anyone can see he's not white.

he looks white to me.

I never said she did you fucking idiot. I also said it was the royal way of speaking. Why the fuck would she put that on when he wasn't being royal?

Like I said kill yourself or get some glasses.

Padme has a slight British accent up until the middle of Episode 1 similar to how Leia has a slight British accent in Episode 4 until around the middle of the movie.

no

You're a retarded faggot. Get out more.

Triggered.

They know that the dumb white males are the main demographic that will pay to watch it anyway .
So Disney decided to pander to as many other demographics as possible to maximize profits.

If you don't want shit like this happening don't give them your shekels.

>Padme has a slight British accent up until the middle of Episode 1
Are you confusing Padmé with the decoy pretending to be Padmé.
Because I distinctly remember its Kiera Knightley that has the British accent.

Stormtroopers aren't even white.

>Stormtroopers aren't even white
What makes you say that

>minorities have literally had to fight for their rights historically
>white betas then bitch that non-whites are in a Star Wars movie for children.
>something that has only really been acceptable extremely recently
>somehow its propaganda

Beta male complaints sure are sweet

Finn?

Fuck off disney faggot.

That doesn't mean they're all black

Because the movie came out in the early 70s...

I bet the retard that bumped his head was black

>>minorities have literally had to fight for their rights historically
They should fight for rights in their own countries.

No? Its established in the Disney approved books and Rebels show.

nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/carrie-fisher-british-accent-star-wars-article-1.2457675

Yeah, even in the Desierto movie that is supposed to paint white minutemen in a bad light the main Mexican character, Gael Garcia Bernal, is light skinned.

You realize every current generation has something negative to say about the newest one, right?

>inb4 someone tells me "its different THIS time!"

Do you really think you're schooling anyone? I'm talking about the in universe explanation. Fuck off.

So there are rebel aliens, why aren't they in the trailers?

Finn is black. The Clone Troopers/first run Stormies are maori/pacific islander. It isn't like Storm Troopers are universally Aryan or something.

This, it's Disney Marketing at it's worse.

90's born males are the most feminised of all time. Every previous generation can agree on that.

Yes, because there are no Japanese Americans, Spanish Americans, African Americans, Chinese Americans, Native Americans, Irish Americans....that exist. Right. Its not like your country is a melting pot or some shit

And there it is. Like NEET clockwork

see:

They did and do.

they aren't multicultural enough

I'm not even american. I'm just saying if you move to a place where you're in the minority you shouldn't expect it to be as easy for you as the people born there.

patrician

It will definitely SUCK a FUCK

You should when its a free society, you fascist pig. Especially if you fucking help build that nation in the first place.

What part of free dont you understand?

Not hard enough seeing as so many flee to western nations.

It isn't like most black people voluntarily moved here. I'm pretty sure that, given a choice, their ancestors would have chosen to stay in Africa.

>hippies
>punk rockers
>beatniks
>fucking EMOS
This time is for real though guys

We are talking about American minorities...born there. Do you think only Americans are born white you idiot?

>Now there are no aliens in the team at all.

yeah that's kind of strange

If I sell all my shit and move to Japan. I'm going to have a hard time because I haven't grown up in or experienced much of their culture. I don't speak the language. It's going to be very hard for me, even if there are people willing to help me. So shut the fuck up you little retard. You're no where near as enlightened as you think.

There are aliens. Why are all of you so blatantly retarded about this movie?

they destroyed the imperial patriarchy

I've noticed this too, it's kind of odd. I think what matters is that a person can claim to be a minority, not their actual skin color, so it allows Hollywood to be racist while still appealing to SJWs. I've heard people unironically refer to Antonio Banderas, a white man from Western Europe, as "a person of color".

I'm not saying all were white, just that there were white ones.

This has nothing to do with what I said you filthy stormfaggot. I know that conflations may seem like arguments in that delusional head of yours, but the point is that if a country promises inalienable rights and then doesnt live up to them, its fucking wrong. You also miss the point thay we are talking about American citizen minorities, who were still treated like shit and forced historically fight for rights they were born to already have in the first fucking olace. Stop pretending like you have anything substantial to say if you cant even follow the conversation you autistic piece of shit.

OH YEA,
Women and and various races they did everything. DON'T EVEN BOTHER MENTIONING THE DROIDS that contributed to the cause. A social group that is still seen as SLAVE LABOR I might add.

FUCK YOU FLESHY.

So that means you should be given less rights in Japan? On the grounds that you dont speak Japanese? In a bilingual country? What are you saying?

>there are aliens

the chinese guy?

There are aliens who fight for the rebellion, who arent the main cast. I dont see why this is an issue. Retardos cant relate as much to alien weirdos, so the main cast is obviously humanoid. You see Calamarians in every trailer, along with various species of alien in the background and as pilots. Do you need every race from Wookipedia to satisfy your autism?

whatever main cast should have at least 1 robot and 1 alien.instead we got the rainbow diversity squad.

Yeah but apparently even storm troopers are now victims because they're kidnapped as children.

>whatever main cast should have at least 1 robot and 1 alien
Now you're just being dense on purpose

>The Empire was rabidly pro-human and anti-alien.

So were the Troopers on Tattooine meant to end the Hutt Slave trade?

The Empire had no problem with slavery. They actually repealed the Republic's anti-slavery laws. But then again, I'm basing this off of EU material so Disney might have made something new that invalidated it.

>First Order
>30 years later
>not Empire
>not stormtroopers

Yes, you should feel sympathy for capturing children and brainwashing them

I'm just saying it would be harder under those circumstances.

From what I can tell, only aliens could be enslaved
Probably not. The hurts were too powerful, and controlled a good portion of the galaxy.

And that doesnt matter. It being harder for you, doesnt mean you deserve less rights as a human being. Your argument is stupid.

>The hurts
The hutts

iRebel

I never said I didn't feel sorry for them, I'm just pointing out that I think it's a dumb addition made only to make Finn a more sympathetic character.

I don't know the first order troopers seemed more intelligent and proficient than the retarded finn. He could have done with some more indoctrination.

Fucc she's old

I never said they deserved less rights, just that it's a difficult circumstance to be in and it should be expected. However thinking about it now I don't think they shouldn't get any free money for the first few years.

Protip: African slaves were already slaves when they were bought and brought to America

Nowadays, the descendants of those slaves are free and have a quality of life their ancestors couldn't have dreamed of

The descendants of African slaves who stayed in Africa are likely still slaves - after all, there are currently more slaves in Africa than there were through the entire history of the USA

Also, it's not like slavery only ever happened to Africans. Slaves have been black, white, asian, middle eastern - every goddamn race has a history of both enslaving and being enslaved.

I think his character is written well. It adds some perspective to all those people who work for the Empire and dont really know that they are evil.

>However thinking about it now I don't think they shouldn't get any free money for the first few years.

How are you defining free money?

>free money
Now I dont even know what planet you are on. Being someone who has been to other countries, and knows people who lived in fucking Japan, I can tell you that I have no idea what your autistic problem is or what you are saying.

I thought like 1000 bothans died to get that recording to them or some shit. I guess jokes on those furry fuckers it was just some chick and her gang of minorities.

>African slaves were already slaves when they were bought and brought to America
This Cred Forums meme, no, this is not true of the entire triangle trade...we then shipped more people ourselves and in larger quantities far exceeding the output of African slavers. And this doesnt make slavery as a whole less evil. Nice meme tho, trying to blame slavery a little on blacks...as if its even a comparable flux.

I don't care about the cast, I'm just sad they removed Kyle Katarn completely.

Wow! Slavery is great now! Wtf, I hate Civil Rights!

But then our good guys are just mowing down all these poor indoctrinated people with no remorse, there is never a moment where Finn hesitates to kill stormtroopers because he knows they're just like him, that's pretty cold.

I think it would've been better for Finns character if he had joined the First Order willingly, but realizes the shit hes gotten himself into on the first mission and want's to get out.

>I think his character is written well

I don't. I think his character is basically fucking pointless and doesn't really add anything. I'm hoping he becomes more useful/relevant in the next movies. Maybe they can tone down Ma-Rey Sue

Just like real life

I'm talking about people from shitty parts of the world who move to western nations and get free handouts. They should be given access to free services to help them integrate and thats it.

>there are currently more slaves in Africa than there were through the entire history of the USA
Burgerland is even in complete denial of their own history. This isnt even remotely true.

> African slaves were already slaves when they were bought and brought to America

Very dishonest. Black Muslims captured other Africans for the sole purpose of selling them to Europeans. The number of Africans captured for slavery in the Americas far exceeded the number that were usually put into slavery through warfare, debt etc.

> Slaves have been black, white, asian, middle eastern - every goddamn race has a history of both enslaving and being enslaved

True, but only one race has been enslaved purely because of their race.

Nice strawmen you fucking faggots.

Did I ever say slavery was good? Did I ever say it wasn't evil? Did I ever try to blame slavery on blacks? Slavery is fucking abhorrent no matter who does it.

Slavery has always existed, and has existed to every race. The only race that is currently enslaved in large numbers are blacks - and they're enslaved by black warlords.

You are being retarded, peoplecon visas or non-citizens take less government assistance in the US and do not qualify for "handouts" that legal citizens do. If they become citizens, then they are free to pursue those government assistances...it is their right obviously. But we treat illegals like shit and pretend that they are some great catastrophe when they make more money then they take.

I don't know about america but it costs australia 70,000 for each one.

You said that african slavers during the triangle teade made up the bulk of trade to the US, this is wrong. You said that the US never had more slaves than African countries in total, this is also wrong.

You seem to quite passively want to make American slavery seem a little more whitey dindu nuffin wrong.

Pretty sure that you are exaggerating or not really great with tax math

There were no Hebrew slaves in Egypt.

This. You can make an argument for early Irish slaves, as they were enslaved based on their "race" too and bred with blacks.

No it's true but it's kinda dishonest, because there were more slaves per capita in the USA before it was banned, but judging by population of slaves alone there are more in all of Africa right now.

how did this guy get off the couch to commit a crime?

"Right now" obviously, considering most of the world has outlawed slavery. That user said that thhe number of all American slaves was lower that the slave populations in African countries...which is retardedly wrong. Two countries had the largest influx of human cattle during the slave trade, we were one of them.

The Union Army would draft Irish men fresh off the boat from Dublin.

Yes, I am aware?

I was talking about early 1600s and 1500s Irish slavery.

I wish I was joking user
news.com.au/national/australia-will-be-paying-70000-for-each-asylum-seeker-that-arrives/story-fncynjr2-1226655532914

>You can make an argument for early Irish slaves, as they were enslaved based on their "race" too and bred with blacks

Uh... what? The Irish certainly got the short end of the stick throughout history and were heavily exploited and brutalized, but they were never slaves. The most common example used is the political prisoners that were sold to America, but they were released after serving their time and working, they weren't slaves.

No I'm saying there are more slaves in Africa now than there were slaves in america at the peak of slavery, just judging by numbers. But as I said before, that's dishonest because a larger percent of the population of America at the peak of slavery was larger than the amount of slaves in Africa now, even though the sheer number of slaves is larger in modern day Africa than pre slavery-ban America.

A larger percent of the population was slaves in pre slavery-ban america than the percent of slaves in Africa right now*

>Those rebels
Dude have you guys seen guardians of the galaxy?

Do you know the etymology of the word slave? Do you want to know where slavery originated? It's only a google search away my friend.

Is this an attempt to redeem the OT rebellion or just a case of being unaware of its politics?

what are the black stormtroopers supposed to be

Yes, and 99% of the white population in america was too poor to afford slaves. But yea, let's blame whitey for what some rich fucks did. Let's all feel guilty for what the 1% did. Fuck you and your white guilt.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_trooper

the bothans died getting the location of the SECOND death star

The fatc that he knows Bothans are furry shows he isn't normie, and is obviously baiting.

Are you trying to say that Africa as a continent just invented slavery? The fuck you on about? Slavery has been a thing for thousands of years

>fatc
fact

It wasnt the poor who were running plantations of chattel slavery you absolute revisionist moron. The reason there were more slaves per freedman was exactky because of these rich 1 percenters. How retarded are you?

as unnecessary as this movie is I bet it turns out to be better than force awakens

Did something happen at the end of this movie to destroy all the minorities and women of the rebellion?

Nobody is saying to have "white guilt", Cred Forums, just dont change history because you need to make whitey a dindu nuffin

It will be the same level of garbage.

Nah, there is absolutely no way Disney will kill off a main character who still has, in their eyes, a lot of sequel and merchandising opportunties. Chances are they retconned the original ending to have her walking off into the distance or some shit.

made me kek

James II shipped 30k Irish prisoners, who became slaves and their children were slaves apparently and considered a subclass in the Empire. Idk how much of this is true tho, it is nowhere near the African slave trade of course. I wasnt conparing

Yes, and why should I care? It's literally in the past. Imagine if the Jews still brought up the fucking holocaust every time something didn't go their way. It's pathetic.

>Nobody is saying to have "white guilt"
The education system and pretty much everyone under 25 thinks like that.

might have better action at least. But star wars really needs a new plot other than fighting a giant super weapon

>even though the sheer number of slaves is larger in modern day Africa than pre slavery-ban America.
Im saying this is the part you get wrong. This is not true...

Oh, you made a typo. My bad

They were getting the briefing in the colored-only room, with a smaller screen and less chairs.

>star wars thread
>no star wars discussion
what the heck

Its pathetic to talk about the history of your own country without autistically changing it like a retard? Sure.

>muh projection.
Lets just NEVER talk about it, but remind me every septmember 11th about the towers..dont ever let me forget THAT!!! What an injustice!!!

Fuck Kyle.

Dash Rendar ftw brah. Dat nigga was on Hoth son.

>talking about history is white guilt
Amerifats are such schizos

>being sad at removing one mary sue to add in another
But why, user?

Nah, if you start blaming slavery on white people, you're the one doing the reshaping of history.

Imagine if white people went to africa, and africa was actually a developed civilized continent instead of a wartorn piece of shit where people sold slaves to warlords.

Now that would have been great. Unfortunately, Africa was filled with a bunch of savages and white people took advantage of them. Like they did with all underdeveloped places. What they did to the native americans was far worse than what they ever did to all the blackies. I've always wondered why whitey didn't even bother try to steal the land from the blackies as well. Ow wait, that actually happened didn't it? Wonder why it didn't work out in the end.. Really makes one think doesn't it?

They will be the architects of its own destruction.

>YOUR HEIST AT THE BANK
>IT DIDNT WORK, MY FRIEND

>Nah, if you start blaming slavery on white people, you're the one doing the reshaping of history.
Nobody is doing that you paranoid Cred Forumstard.

YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even American. Where I live there was little to no slavery, so I don't feel the white guilt like Americans do. It's so obvious to spot though if you don't actually have it. So quick to defend the blackies and so eager to take responsibility for something you had little to nothing to do with. Next you'll say BLM actually has a point.

>Cred Forums the post

You have a board to cry about blacks on, autismo

There were political prisoners shipped here to work, but were released when their time was served. They weren't slaves and often given land to live on or a ride back to Ireland

The trailers were really cheap looking.

I don't give a fuck about your false flag attacks either.

>this chart has nothing to do with slavery
>conflating two points with a poorly misrepresented graph macro
>thinking anything in this post is an actual point

Im smelling Cred Forums here

*they

Diversity can be bad if its hamfisted and becomes a huger overbearing part of a movie. For example, I don't mind the minorities in TFA because they don't change the story that much, but I do mind the female protag because they moulded the plot around her being a female protag in a Star Wars movie. To self-aware; too political for a flick blockbuster.

while you're at it tell all the faggots here they should be posting on /lbgt/

>REEEE FALSE FLAGS!!!
>REEEE ITS ALL WHITE GUILT!!!
>WHITES DINDU NUFFIN!
>TYPICAL LIBRUH MEDIAAAAA

I unironically hope people like you consider a noose.

>star wars MOVIE
>movie
>film

Finn's black funny man act didn't suit the characters place in the universe at all.

>this chart has nothing to do with slavery
BLM would state otherwise. BLM would state that systemic racism is still occurring through police killing blacks. Even though most blacks are getting killed by, you guessed it, other blacks.

>conflating two points with a poorly misrepresented graph macro
The only misrepresentation is that the graph doesn't show how white people make out 64% of the population and blacks only 13% of the population. Imagine how disproportionate the graph REALLY looks.

>thinking anything in this post is an actual point
Projection is the name of the game I see.

just popping in to say David Oyewolo would make a great Imperial Commander.

These points, and why they are inherently oversimplified or partially even wrong (like assuming there is no such thing as systematic racism anymore and its sunshine and lollipos), has been argued with you fucks to exhauation. Go back your echo chamber, your posts have nothing to do with the slavery conversation and have nothing to do with Star Wars.

This is not the board for your autism

I don't think it's even brought up that she's female other than Finn asking if she has a boyfriend. She's clearly female to the audience, but at no point does Kylo say something like "You silly little girl" and then she gets mad and wins.

I mean for the most part Rey is a sexually ambiguous character. Put a male in the same roll, though, and the movie would still be a 6/10.

>these points, and why they are inherently oversimplified or partially even wrong (like assuming there is no such thing as systematic racism anymore and its sunshine and lollipos)
Not an argument. A lot of assertions though. At least I bring graphs to back up my claims.

>your posts have nothing to do with the slavery conversation
Erm, they do. Since the systemic racism is supposed to be a left over from the slavery. Which would lead into people overcompensating by making movies that pander to a demographic that still "feels" oppressed.

>Go back your echo chamber
You should take your own advice here buddy.

At the end of the day, it was still a racist (against sand people) white dude who slew the Emperor, so take some solace in that.

Nobody besides one user out of 73 posters, is gonna give you the autistic (you)s that you want, polfag. Nobody cares about your little graph you made in microsoft powerpoint that gets a gold star from other poltards. Go home.

I think you're over thinking it. Disney simply wants to maximize appeal to a more diverse demographic as possible.

At least this time they got good, known actors to try and pull that off. It's a shame they'll all die.

>leaving out that the sand people raped and killed his mother
His hatred was justified.

I didn't make that graph. It's literally on the site of the FBI. The source is actually in that little graph I just screencapped.

Yes, we are all aware of the FBI crime statistics and how pol likes to make false correlations between color of skin and crime and not factor literally anything else...we get it. You dont like blacks. Thanks for sharing. Go yell about it someplace else.

>I think you're over thinking it. Disney simply wants to maximize appeal to a more diverse demographic as possible.
Tbh, I actually agree with this.
They only do it because they know they already have the white people hooked on the SW craze.

>At least this time they got good, known actors
The only good known actors are Forest Whitaker and Donnie Yen on the rebellion side. The rest are a bunch on nobodies.
The only other two good actors are Mads Mikkelsen and Ben Mendelsohn who aren't really part of the diversity crew.

And no, Felicity Jones isn't good. She's a pretty face. She's so well known that some people actually thought she was Rey.

Is anyonr actually hypes for this movie?

Yes. I am, unironically. For very valid reasons beforenI get shit on by teenage neets.

I actually like some blacks. I just think a lot of blacks don't like blacks. Considering they like to murder each other disproportional over other races and then project their self hatred to other races and feel like there is still wide spread racism going on. And then they get people like you to agree with them just because the police kill a handful of black people. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

>She's a pretty face.

Yeah.... i'm dying waiting for the space battle

I'm 31 and all the new disney content disgusts me.

Your opinion doesnt make me less excited.

I'm trying not to go full sperg here, but I'll give my two-cents.

Why does the movie begin with Poe and switch to Rey. Yes it's to build momentum, but it's also to psych the audience out and provide an aha moment when people realize Rey is the new, female protag.

Rey's sex is central to her foil in Kylo Ren as well. Kylo Ren's turn to the dark side is quite suggestively a manifestation of his toxic masculinity. Rey on the other hand, fosters none of that; she is the underdog not just because she's a poor soul from a desert planet, but because she's a female protag (meta).

I have more arguments for this, but like I said, I don't want to go full sperg. Perhaps there's not as much of a political agenda in TFA as I imagine, but it's not unlikely given Hollywood's current climate.

Nobody is buying it, mate. Just chill out.

we've created holograms that form in the palm of our hands? Neat

>Nobody is buying it, mate.
youtube.com/watch?v=e2GDT5VLLkI

It wasn't supposed to but I constantly see the argument that anyone who doesn't like disney star wars is a teenager or contrarian when it's not true. Plenty of people here simply don't like it.

>Black people hate black-on-black crime so much that they're willing to kill other blacks in order to reduce the crime rate
Thanks black people!

If you are talking outside this autistic as shit board, sure.

>Nobody is buying it, mate.
youtube.com/watch?v=fvmToBq_S_E

I like this guy.

Wow you sure redpilled me with this rapper's youtube video. Wtf I hate blacks now!
>still scraping for (you)s

Okay?

this will be the greatest sw movie ever made. no gay trilogy shit.

>Director stone-walled from milking a trilogy
>He actually puts effort into it.
Sad

to be fair the Empire is far more technology advance and the Rebels are a bunch of terrorist in their eyes

my biggest gripe with this movie si that it looks nothing like a star wars droid.
the style is just completely off and i bet he'll make lame robot puns the whole movie like those things from interstellar

We are getting a young Han Solo trilogy with Han's black wife as the lead no joke

Fantasy
>Rebels have fighter craft that rivals the empires almost on equal terms
Reality
>3rd worlders have automatic guns and sometimes rocket launchers

It looks kind of like a b2 battle droid from the back.

youtube.com/watch?v=j_gDIbnBlMI

Well at least it's good that at least the people who need it the most are waking up.

Thats the only reason?

>since blacks are a branch if humans
>wearehittingwavesofautismneverthoughtpossiblebefore.jpg

Why don't you just stop being a little cunt? There are threads here on Cred Forums all the time explaining in detail what they don't like about it. Accept that that there are adults who don't like what you like.

blacks don't have neanderthal DNA though so technically could be argued they are not from the same branch.

If you can't think of something worth posting why even bother?

Want some more?
youtube.com/watch?v=G4h3P-NjblE

Don't mind him though, he's probably just a Cred Forumslack.

Damn, you are getting BTFO'd right now.

So typical of Redditors to stoop to sperging out to the highest degree.

Gas the kikes; you'll get yours on the day of the rope. 1488. I also bet your spouse fucks black men. You probably derive pleasure (I suspect sexual) to the white genocide, as well I bet.

Indeed he is. Feelings falter to facts.

Here's a compilation for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=JsHUSxFAgtc

GET WOKE NIGGA

I dont think some of you are following what this conversation was and what im referring to as the thing "we arent buying". But this devolved into Cred Forums really fucking quick...my point...

>not even the point
>"WAHHHHH"

Im really not, kiddo.

Still struggling to deal with it huh?

>Empire has Poc
>The two main Rebel characters are white

What is your problem?
Also Asians are 10x better than some Muslims or token Blacks.

>muh projection
>if I change the conversation then I win

Considering OP's topic is kind of political it should be no surprise really.

Not really. Just odd you are so quick to bitch about it.

I don't think you understand how many African there are.

Who merc'ed Death Star 2?

A black and a Hispanic.

>Asian guy is some badass melee force sensitive monk
huh

None of what you wrote refuted my post.

Defend your autistic board that has (((criticisms))) on it like the retarded neet child you actually are, given how quick to anger you got. You are absolutely naive if you think this place is a fostering of intellectual discussion.

I just pointed out that some people have different opinions to you, you got upset about it.

You mean Death Star 3.
Death Star 2 got thanks to Bothans.
Death Star 1 apparently got killed by Diversity Crew lead by le stronk female lead who need no man.

No I didnt you illiterate faggot.

Not an argument and not the point. Let it go.

Mobility scooter

There are people posting here from all over the world from kids to pensioners. It's not some homogeneous group. There is a shit load of garbage here and there are good discussions as well. You should grow up.

>You are absolutely naive if you think this place is a fostering of intellectual discussion.
Well, you're certainly not contributing anything of value so I see why you would think that.

>illiterate faggot.
you sound upset.

>boo hoo there aren't enough minorities
>boo hoo there are too many minorities
Y'all dumbasses need to stop seeing race and gender in everything and shut the fuck up.

>You mean Death Star 3.
>Death Star 2 got thanks to Bothans.
>Death Star 1 apparently got killed by Diversity Crew lead by le stronk female lead who need no man.

I think you misunderstood my meaning. I wasn't referring to Finn and Poe

Sure I'm not. On an anonymous may may board with no names attached to posts. I contribute nothing. I'm clearly the child here. Make sure you soend a half hour throwing (you)s at me with whatever autistic childish insult is next on the checklist.

>Y'all dumbasses
You shut the fuck up nigger

>A black and a Hispanic.

That's actually pretty funny.

>grow up

Pretty hard since your grandpa's grandpa took them from the jungle where they were happily living as fucking monkeys.

You wanted to kickstart your economy through slavery, filling half of your country with niggers? Pay the consequences faggots

>Sure I'm not. On an anonymous may may board with no names attached to posts. I contribute nothing. I'm clearly the child here. Make sure you soend a half hour throwing (you)s at me with whatever autistic childish insult is next on the checklist.
Kill yourself reddit. It was faggots like you that began the decline of Cred Forums

There are no Jews in my family

>y-you reddit
>kys
>did I fit in yet??
There it is, the r/Cred Forums checklist.
Nobody has ever called someone reddit before....wow. What a comeback.

>BLM would state otherwise. BLM would state that systemic racism is still occurring through police killing blacks.

They may have a point.

>im not a child (((kiddo)))
>reddit!!!
>kys!!
>amirite anons??

Dear christ. You sure showed me. I was wrong, this isna wellspring of intelligent discourse.

>Sure I'm not.
Should have quit while you were ahead. I don't even have to make you look bad with clever insults, you already make yourself look so pathetic.

>On an anonymous may may board with no names attached to posts.
>throwing (you)s
Could you be any more obvious about it? I must have it pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that huh kid?

You sure showed me, lad.

>decline of Cred Forums
Keep on defending your hugbox, faggot

meant for you reddit

>EVERYONE IS REDDIT
>REEEE
do newfags think they fit in by spamming thst everything is reddit?

>hugbox
This all started because I said people here can have different opinions.

...and nobody said you couldnt have your opinions.

Right back at you. You probably don't even remember why you are arguing with me.

Nope.

>the force awakens
>every single bad guy is a FUCKING WHITE MALE
>protagonists are le strong womyn and black man

scroll back up and you'll see the posts from the user claiming only teens and contrarians can have different opinions from his.

CTR out in full force today

Idk, one of us sperging out about something? At least I didnt resort to cringey "le reddit" shitposting.

Pointless movie. It's gone be caca poopoo, but if there's a pile of shit with "Star Wars" taped on it everyone's gonna eat it anyways.

Phasma is a white male?

I didnt say ONLY CAN...

>cringey "le reddit"

That wasn't me, just some faggot who saw the same pathetic attempt to deflect from the original dispute.

You said if they're on tv/ it's the only reason.

Their leader is an alien you pathetic beta.

Yes. Complaining about reddit has become cringe as all fuck, kiddo.

I have an idea. It's a pretty maverick one, too.

What if, and humor me on this one, but what if instead of cast diversity, we had story and setting diversity?! Like no empire, no rebellion! How crazy would that be? Like instead of rehashing the same names, planets, plot devices, factions, etc. they did a Star Wars movie about a single ship with its crew transporting a shady package for a crime syndicate? Or a Jedi on a mysterious world out in the uncharted regions of space searching for a Sith tomb? With no committee or merchandise involvement at all!

How fucking out there would that be? Some art house, abstract David Lynch right there, m8s.

Uh huh.

Quote where I said "only". Its not like it matters either way

Well yes, they're closer to humans than they are to apes, if marginally so

>missing the point

You're kind of thick aren't you?

Complaining about people saying reddit is equally cringeworthy as using the "le " meme. That was his point. At least to anyone who has some deductive reasoning skills.

Weird that nobody brings up the white people being killed more than black people though.

It's actually not weird, considering it's not helping anyone's political career.

Technically, a fleeing criminal is not attacking
>mfw whites are actually the ones with the balls to shoot back at cops

Deductive skills? Lol, okay. Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify some meta complaint. If you faggots didnt spam "durrr reddit" like autismos, we wouldnt have to complain. Its mostly newfags trying to fit in for whatever fucking reason, as if it isnt annoying as all shit

Phasma is fucking useless, she turned off the Even Bigger Death Star's shields without even putting up a fight.

Whoa, it would be like a smaller story within the Star Wars universe... like a Star Wars story

Again, I haven't used a lot of insults. I've made some implications and called you kind of thick. What others say is not exactly my responsibility.
I've actually tried being as civilized as possible even though you've called me all kinds of insults. I'm not even mad. I just think the hypocrisy is actually quite amusing.

>multiple anons

Post yfw disney releases special special edition of ot that features the sjw squad in the new hope medal ceremony

Smugglers accidently lightspeed into deep space and awaken the vong

More white people being killed overall is not surprising to anyone. We make up a (diminishing) majority of the population. The point is that it's disproportionate. A point made significantly less urgent by the fact that blacks commit disproportionately far more crime than whites.

White countries having white people in their movies. who would have thought! go to india and complain there arent enough black people in their movies.

This is the guy who called you "reddit". As you can see it wasn't me. By now you should have picked up on my use of grammar and lack of meme insults to recognize when you were actually talking to me and not some memestar.
But as we've established, your deductive reasoning isn't quite up to par.

WE
WUZ
ROLE MODELS N SHIIIEEEET

Neither of those would sate the mindless pseudofans. But most of all, they wouldn't sell toys, t-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs, bed sheets, and sexual paraphernalia. Star Wars isn't an ip. It's a product. And if a product doesn't sell, it's shit.

I agree with everything you say. I just want to point out that if there is a certain demographic that commits disproportionally more violent crimes, the chances that the people dealing with this demographic will be more on edge. It doesn't excuse the disproportional reaction, but it makes it at least a bit more understandable.

>your deductive reasoning isn't quite up to par.
>because Cred Forums is a guage for that

>not an argument

What am I projecting, user? Do you know what that overused buzzword means?

a friendly reminder that one of the rebel pilots in return of the jedi was asian

>toon aj applegate
wut about mine
it can have kanji club

How dare you try to defend cops, you need to get WOKE and realize that they're all evil white hitmen for the evil white patriarchy. Every day they wake up thinking of new reasons for which to kill muh sistahs and brothas

What the fucking fuck are you talking about? I don't think you belong here.

Your inductive reasoning seems at least just as bad as your deductive reasoning.
I'm not gauging according to Cred Forums. I'm gauging according to your posts specifically in context of interpreting and reacting to what other people say.

I'm glad you do have a positive trait. You keep trying. That's admirable.

Keep telling me what my inductive and deductive reasoning skills are on a malaysian may may hentai image board, faggot.

ive been here since 2006

Ouch, if you keep this up you might hurt my feelings.

yes it is, you illiterate dense motherfucker

Its quite literally not, user...

No, that's the year you were born.

>desperate for (you)s
>RESPOND TO ME user!!!

they commit more crime bub.

The argument was implied user. It wasn't literally an argument, but technically it was an argument.

whats with the edgyness, rawbones?

It still wasnt even that. Do some of you faggots not understand what constitutes an argument anymore?

Wait, I dont really require an answer to that...

It quite literally is, user...
I'll lay it out to you in simple terms (though I don't know how much more I can simplify this argument)
>country has a majority X race population
>aforementioned 'X' race will have majority representation in media
now
>hollywood studio advertises/forces token 'minority' characters over merit and filmmaking quality
If you even think about telling me there is no forced diversity quota in hollywood because there is and it's advertised openly.

What?

This is more structed than that other post. Yes, THIS is an attempt at an argument, no matter how weak or strong you think it is...the other post was not. Dont get your diaper in a twist, NEET. Your actual argument is still sort of autistic, but again, this isnt Cred Forums...

*structured

I don't like kids.

Now who is the one not making any arguments? Everything I said in my post was correct, faggot. You have no rebuttal of course because you're too chickenshit.

Oh, I'm reddit now because I dont want to spend what little time this thread has left going over some autistic Cred Forums argument about "muh forced diversity"? You already got a few (you)s, isnt that enough to cum, newfriend?

You do realize that arguments come in different forms right?

The argument he implied was that representation quotas in movies are overrated since Hollywood is the only one doing it. Bollywood doesn't care, the asian movie industry doesn't care, etc..

That's his argument. And let's be honest, he's not wrong.

We can debate if Hollywood is just ahead of the curve, just self-righteous or if there are certain variables that justify these quotas. But we should recognize that Hollywood is the only movie industry displaying this racially inspired type of conduct.

This image is autistic. So every complaint is a false flag redditor? Are you a retard? Did you make this just for your hugbox?

>You do realize that arguments come in different forms right?
There is a correct form for an argument, like it or not. Just making a nebulous comment about India isnt anywhere near a structured argument with serious points.

So still no proper retort, chickenshit pussy?
>muhhh Cred Forums boogeyman LMAO xD
is not an argument. There is a diversity quota by the way and you still have yet to actually address the argument.

Its not a boogeyman when Cred Forums is literally here...with Cred Forums arguments...

user, nobody fucking cares. Not wanting to debate on a star wars thread is not an ommission of wrongness.

People don't communicate in well structured arguments. It's a sign of intelligence to be able to distill the argument from a more loose form of communication.

I didn't make this, though I'm glad it's triggering you board-ruining motherfuckers. I will gladly seize any opportunity to piss you people off.

>its actually smart to be an emotional retard! Its just a prank bro!!
No its not. Where did you pick that wisdom up?

Yes it is.
Clearly you do, since you keep replying.
I honestly just want to know one tiny thing. How does Hollywood NOT have a diversity quota? Such as simple question, yet you seem so reluctant to answer.

I think you really want people to be triggered by your shitpost..

Heres your last (you) from me:

I'll quote myself again -
>user, nobody fucking cares. Not wanting to debate on a star wars thread is not an ommission of wrongness.

Hey, it's working isn't it? I just want to have a discussion, and every time I get an armada of whiny little bitches sperging out at me. So I say fuck it and shitpost in return.

This thread is gonna archive in a literal minute, mate.

No answer, no argument. So typical of redditor cowards like you.
So long!

Yeah I know, I'm slightly drunk desu.
It was fun having a bitchfest about Star Wars with you lads.

>its actually smart to be an emotional retard! Its just a prank bro!!

Erm, not sure how you inferred this from what I said, but I'm sure that you're deflecting by creating a straw man here. Nobody brought up anything about emotions or pranks. The original comment was actually quite straightforward and you had problems recognizing the argument it implied. Then you moved on by calling it a "not well structured argument" and now you're probably with your back against the wall because at least 2 anons have unpacked the same argument you weren't able to see. Now you have nothing left to argue with so you have to resort to sarcastic ad hominems.

Well, good luck with that. You've not only missed the argument, you've misconstrued it and finally resorted to completely deflecting the original argument.

Were your hands shaking when yiu wrote this, user?

It is the fall season user, it's cold as fuck. I appreciate your concern though.

>EVERYONE IS REDDIT!
>NOTICE ME PLEASEEEEE

>Were your hands shaking when yiu wrote this, user?
>yiu
No, but I think yours might have. Calm down, take a deep breath. I'm sure you'll be able to make a coherent sentence some day.

>typing in all-caps
>I'm somehow the attention whore
Can we please just let this thread archive, for pete's sake

you're in the wrong place gramps :^)

I have big sausage fingers and I use mobile

holy shit why is the droid big and black

>mobile user
That explains everything, to be quite honest.

He's there to fill the void for John Boyega till Episode 8.

Upgrade yourself, user. I'm playing 2 games, watch a movie and shit post at the same time. Get on my level.