So this scene confuses me. Did the wood gnomes create the White Walkers? If they did why are theories like...

So this scene confuses me. Did the wood gnomes create the White Walkers? If they did why are theories like, "the white walkers are ayylmaos" still existing and why do people act like there's still ambiguity to their origins? Didn't this scene just tell us exactly how they happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night_King
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fan theories of fantasy shows
you guys don't really waste your time reading this right?

The thing that confuses me further is the Night's King was a Commander of the Night's Watch, and he was AFTER the wall existed, but he was suppose to be the first White Walker? What did they build the wall for then?

Hasn't actually been confirmed in the books yet.
The scene also messes up the history of the children and first men established in the books.

The show implies that the others were created to defend against the first invasion of the first men. But in the books the children and the first men already had thier war and were at peace for four thousand years before the others actually showed up.

They refer to the Night's King as the leader of the White Walkers (Others), which means he's the paramount or first, but that doesn't make sense because he was a Night's Watch commander because the White Walkers attacked in the Long Night and that's why the wall was built and the Night's Watch established. Did the show fuck this up?

So in the show timeline, if the White Walkers weren't until after the Night's Watch (The dude in OP pic is the Night's King), why was the wall built? By their timeline the Long Night came AFTER the Watch/Wall. I'm so lost.

>Before he became a White Walker, the Night King was a First Man that was captured by the Children of the Forest, Leaf among them. Leaf pressed a dragonglass dagger into his chest, causing his eyes to turn blue and turning him into the first of the White Walkers. Thousands of years later, Leaf tells Bran Stark that her people created the White Walkers to defend themselves when Westeros was invaded by the First Men, who were cutting their sacred trees and slaughtering the Children of the Forest.

According to the show, the Night's King being a Watch Commander was just completely retconned. He was just one of the first men.

the Night King (show) and Night's King (books) are 2 different characters

So show King is pre Long Dark and the books King is post Long Dark?

That's kind of really fucking gay of the show because then that means the wood gnomes just fucking made the white walkers with magic. It takes all of the mystery out of their origin. This makes me mad and it makes me like the show a lot less now.

More like D&D are fucking hacks and they completely forgot that Ygritte talks about the Night King with Jon.
>We Free Folk have our stories, too. About how one of your King Crows found something cold in the woods, with bright blue eyes. How he brought her home through your Wall and declared himself "Night's King."

Holy fuck she did. Now they're retconning themselves?

The history of their world isn't accurate. It's all legends and stuff and if you listen to it their society hasn't changed at all for 8,000 years. They even mention this in the books, the first White Walker invasion was probably more like 2,000 years ago.

The entire point of the Wall and the Watch was because of the White Walkers. So is the origin of the Night's King being a a Night's Watch Commander just wrong history now for the books and show?

The Night's King being a Night's Watch commander could be inaccurate. This sequence is probably pre-Wall. Notice that the tree he's created at is the same tree that the White Walkers are congregated around later in that same episode - the one with all the dead bodies standing around. At that point, it's covered in snow, meaning that the creation of the White Walkers is what created the harsh conditions there and the Wall probably wouldn't be possible since it needs to be very cold for it to exist.
He might not even exist in the books anyway. The show just didn't care much and needed a face for the White Walkers.

>Did the wood gnomes create the White Walkers?
yes, WW are weapons of ass destruction that the children created but lost control of it

The origin in the books is still not decided. In the show the children know they fucked up, in the books thay can stil be controlling the WW.

>weapons of ass destruction
This will be a fun sex scene for season 7 or 8

night king and night's king are two different characters

They forget shit all the time

I doubt they forget anything, George would remind them and they would disregard it for the sake of simplifying things.

I still want an explanation for how putting a dagger into someone makes them an ice zombie and why they die to the same material as their heart being used to even touch them

leaf is actually not dead, she's being buttfucked in night king rape dungeon

I'm not shilling, but seriously. Hundreds of people work on this show. If there was a glaring error like that SOMEONE would catch it. Someone. It's just too many hands involved to not.

I guess the obsidian is used to draw all the warmth from their body and turn them into ice creatures? It was really unclear.

Please, everyone knows Daenerys is going to marry the Night King and have buttsex with him. It will truly be a song of ice and fire.

I agree. It makes sense, but its still pretty gay. No mystery, they're basically just ice zombies created with magix. Interesting things may definitely have happened between their creation and present time though.

Could still be a legend. Who decided that Ygritte is a lore authority? She's not exactly an historian.

In the books, there's both the "Night King" and "Night's King". I can't remember which is which but one of them is the great Other and the other one is just some watch commander who went crazy and fucked a female white walker or something. He ruled the wall for a bit before being killed by the Stark in Winterfell at the time. The big bad Other's origin hasn't been revealed.

>there's both the "Night King" and "Night's King"
There's only one Night's King.

yes, and also a night king

You are getting book canon confused with the shows retarded deviations. I believe the author confirmed the Night's King is very much dead in the books, the show just needed a big baddie for Dany and Jon to defeat.

>the unmapped, untamed frozen north, "The Lands of Always Winter" where the great others come from could hold any number of untold eldritch horrors and mystery slithering beneath the frozen, dark, time forgotten ground
>whats up there? could there be something greater than the others? could some of the worlds biggest secrets lie buried for eons beneath the snow and ice and crags where light never touched?

>lmao naw the wood elfs made dah ice zombiez xD gotta keep it simple you kno who likes not knowing???!!11

Kill me.

for real tho it'd be even lamer if there was a big generic ancient evil up there instead

>untold eldritch horrors

Stopped reading

whats it like being a part of the meme generation?

Even in the books there's probably nothing there but snow and ice like the Arctic. Asshai is probably just fantasy India. George is just imitating medieval concepts about far away lands and how exotic they made them out to be.

It would be -best- left unexplained. The explanation we get for the White Walkers is fucking shit. Mystery will always be better than shit exposition

Currently, yeah, but it's a known fact the whole world was much more magical thousands of years ago.

grrm doesnt even know yet

>Mystery will always be better than shit exposition

not necessarily, if the shit exposition fits with the themes of the work then it's infinitely better than leaving a vague mystery that hints towards other themes.

GoT spends a lot of time humanizing every side of the conflict and showing that war and violence isn't black and white. Knowing that the white walkers were some stupid bio weapon for a dying army may be lame, but it fits better with the themes of GoT than the possibility of there being "eldritch horrors" up there.

If they die from touching dragonglass why didn't they just build the wall out of dragonglass? Brandon was shit at his job

They die from touching the wall already. It's magik

Names are other way.

Night's King is show

Night King is books

Other other way. Night King is the show. Night's King is the books.

Nope.

gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night_King