MAYBE , what Kenobi meant was that Leia had the power to conceive another and thats it , no powers of her own...

MAYBE , what Kenobi meant was that Leia had the power to conceive another and thats it , no powers of her own. Otherwise why wouldnt Kenobi reveal the truth and start training them both. Vader never sensed the force in her like he did Luke. He was in close quarters with her on the ship and not one hint of midichlorian.

Protip: Screencap this

True, but they also show she has some weak connection with the Force: when Han dies, she feels it through the Force in a scene meant to mimic Kenobi feeling the people of Alderaan die through the Force.

Prequelshit introduced shitty midichlorians. The force works better not if you're some magic wunderkind like Rey, but if it's a potential to be unlocked like Luke. I imagine Luke and Leia were basically the same in potential, but Obi-Wan explains to Luke what it is, what he needs to do, gives him a bit of training and a slight nudge with the force once he's a ghost, and after all that Luke can fire a so called one in a million shot.

Both Leia and Luke would have gone their whole lives without even knowing they could use it, so it makes sense that Leia could get all the way to ep VI and not even realise she has potential as a force user. After some training she could have actually started her journey and learned to harness her powers.

In one of the old movies Leia tells Han that she knew Luke was alive because she felt it, she most be force sensitive, she can feel certain aspects of the force (like life), but since she is not trained she can't wield, neither "project" force and be detected by Vader.

Luke and Leia are the only hope to stop Vader because there's still a trace of Anakin in Vader that will hesitate to kill his children, and both of them will be able to exploit this weakness to stop him (assuming they're willing to kill their father).

>The force works better not if you're some magic wunderkind like Rey

I dunno made some good points but midichlorians are still cannon. Not one fuckin inkling from vader? And that doesnt explain why Kenobi didnt try and unlock her potential as well. Training one potential Jedi when he knows both are available and vulnerable to the dark side. Yea she had her moments but like you said they were weak.

Maybe it's illegal for a male to train a female. It's like you're not even trying to make some head canon?

the extended universe was a mistake. the dark side always arises from the light. yoda knew this and so did qui-gon with anakin but knew this would happen. luke saw all those jedi ghosts but didnt learn anything? fuck off.

You guys are fucking retarded.

>Otherwise why wouldnt Kenobi reveal the truth and start training them both.
This is so fucking stupid. Are you trying to point out plot holes in ANH? There are much bigger ones than this.

He didn't try training her because he bit the fucking dust, probably before he ever met her. It's not like on the Death Star, he thought, "Hm, I can sense Leia. Better make a note of it and remember to train her." And if that did happen, he obviously didn't get the opportunity.

Basically anyone who can do anything better than your average guy is "force sensitive" in star wars. For Leia it probably just meant occasional inklings and being a suave politician/royal figure.

She's also able to withstand the torture droids so I guess there's that. It's weird though that Vader didn't notice it, or her looking like her mother.

I think her being weak at the Force explains why Kenobi didn't try to train her first (that an proximity: Kenobi was living near Luke, not Leia).

Plus, Jinn doesn't really notice the Force being strong in Anakin until Anakin starts showing signs that he's strong in the Force (like he can do something human kids shouldn't be able to do unless they got the Force) and even then he does a midichlorian count. And Vader doesn't detect Luke.

>Vader doesn't detect Luke.
"the force is strong with this one"

I meant when they're on the Death Star.

And he says that line when Luke is using the Force. Did Leia use the Force in front of Vader? I don't think so. So why should he be able to detect her?

>vader being one of the most powerful beings mentally and physically in the galaxy
>doesnt know a boy named luke skywalker is his son
>doesnt sense lukes twin is his daughter
>doesnt play stupid to get luke to turn to the dark using leia as bait.
>doesnt kill the emperor to protect his children
>isn't the chosen one
fuckin wew

>doesnt know a boy named luke skywalker is his son
He doesn't know the kid's name. There's a comic that is right after the events of A New Hope, and Vader is trying to find out who the guy was who used the Force and destroyed the Death Star. Boba Fett hunts Luke down and nearly catches him. Luke gets away, but Boba tells Vader Luke's full name and he's instantly put two and two together.

>doesnt sense lukes twin is his daughter
But he does. In Jedi.

>doesnt play stupid to get luke to turn to the dark using leia as bait
His whole plan was to use the threat of Leia to goad Luke into turning to the Dark Side, which he nearly does.

>doesnt kill the emperor to protect his children
But he does. In Jedi.

>isn't the chosen one
He is. Lucas has flat out said that he is because he ultimately does defeat the Emperor, fulfilling the prophecy.

>doesn't know why Leia didn't get trained

It's called sexism. The OT happened in a time of white privilege and cis-lords.

Leia had plenty of time to get trained (and she was more qualified), but Obi-Wan's toxic masculinity couldn't imagine a female to be his apprentice.

Well why even acknowlege the fact that shes capable? Couldve just said no girls allowed in Jedi Troop 425

the first part of my post is key. do you not understand context and greentext in general.

i dont think you ever payed attention to any movie ever. i am not gonna waste my time anymore. this is worse than a rey thread.

Thats not OP, please stay and share.

>it was just a prank bro!
Okay.

>i dont think you ever payed attention to any movie ever.
But I thought it was just a prank and you weren't genuinely making those points you made. You don't get to have it both ways and be both "wrong on purpose" and "totally right."

>i am not gonna waste my time anymore.
Okay. Goodbye.

His greentexts were inversions, he agrees with you on all those points that you disagreed with

ok. darth vader was the strongest being in the galaxy. since the first time any of them were in his presence vader knew leia was his daughter and luke was his son. blowing up alderaan and killing obi-wan is what he had to do to fool the emperor. he had so many chances to kill them both but never took it. also the sidious was never aware of most of the things vader did because he handed him the galaxy and also the dark side clouds the light and the darkness.

i am drunk and not interested in spouting anymore.

upvoted

He agrees but also I'm totally wrong and never paid attention to the movies.

It's conflicting messages from a guy who's trying to play off that he's too cool and doesn't care and doesn't actually believe what he's saying but also he total does and he's right and I'm wrong.

no. it is the fact you dont know and get how people post on this site which is why you need to leave or go back.

>go back
>implying

You guise ah wanna stop derailing my thread ther?

i tried to but these people are against opinions. Cred Forums is worse than Cred Forums