Now that the dust has had a decade to settle, was it ahead of its time, or just cheaply-produced schlock?

Now that the dust has had a decade to settle, was it ahead of its time, or just cheaply-produced schlock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dNFKzrQ7pAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess that settles it: it was totally forgotten

that blond was so sexxy it still haunts me its like the little mermaid all over again

Utter garbage, the worst thing adult swim ever invested in.

Save it for Queen Dopplepopolis

Well it wasn't Sealab 2020 that's for damned sure. It was good but couldn't hold a candle to Archer even though Sea Tunt part 2 was a crossover episode. (Didn't see Frisky Dingo do that now did you?)

>Can't hold a candle to Archer
But that's wrong, ad Archer can't hold Frisky Dingo's jock strap

But why would he want to?
I mean sure we all know that Sterling Archer is bi-sexual and everything but I'm not sure old Frisky is exactly his type. (Plus I don't think Frisky swings that way either)

I liked it when it actually tried to reuse old sealab 2020 footage to make a funny episode, got worse and worse in the later seasons though

both at the same time.

frisky dingo and this AND archer are very hit and miss

Wait... There's a black Stormy?

the one where the vending machine falls on him and he ends up addicted to scorpion venom was the bomb

I never seem to be able to agree with anyone about which episodes of this were good.

Personally I like the time travel episode and hate the bizarro episode, yet my friend has the exact opposite opinions.

Harvey Birdman was better than all of them

>hates bizzaro episode

I have a soft spot for this show. It was there in the background during my coziest moments I'll ever have. Shit, early 2000's Adult Swim in general is was a godsend to my late schoolnights.

Now I'm wistful and sad.

Birdman was good, but not Sealab/Frisky Dingo's good, it's not even Venture Bros good

this feel.

playing runescape as a preteen/early teen
futarama in the background.

HARD CHEESES FOR A HARD JOURNEY

Cant belive these same guys did Frisky Dingo and Archer

FD was fucking hilarious but Archer i just dont like it, its too toned down.

It had moments of brilliance but it also had moments of pure cringe, like when the creative team started putting zany ironic group photos of themselves in the end credits.

Also it's weird watching frisky dingo and archer because like all the voice actors are the same.

Yeah most would say it stopped being good when goz died. I think the first half of the first season with shanks is fine but after that it can be hard to watch.

It was hit and miss. The bizarro ep and the martian law eps were brilliant most of the other eps not so much

"Ahhh, Mingus Dew!"

I fail to understand how Archer has lasted for this long when Sealab and Frisky Dingo stand head and shoulders above it.

Archer is like meme personified. Can't fucking stand that show.

That "We're Only Joking!" musical number in season four was the worst thing ever broadcast on television.

youtube.com/watch?v=dNFKzrQ7pAY

"Yes, Mango reinhardt the thinking man's pop"

I forgot that existed. I tried to watch all of it but I know all the characters delivery really well so it's throwing me off.

I liked how the blonde white girl was bred by the black buck with a BBC

They were doing it before it was cool!

i hate that VA from bobs burgers.

URGGGGGGGGGGGGH TINA

"I don't mean it like its a bad thing... It's just to tell them apart because she's.. well... black"

I think h john Benjamin is fine but he just got overused like 2 years ago when Bob's burgers was picking up momentum. He has the same sarcastic personality and I can't tell if it's typecasting or that's just the extent of his abilities. He will always be master on venture bros to me.

"How would you like it if we all called you white stormy?!"

"There's a black stormy?"

Too bad

It wasn't ahead of its time, but it was highly enjoyable.

.........................…… no.

I tried to watch it again and it was shit. Debbie was an annoying bitch.

Shut up, Hesch.

there really needs to just be a retro week of adult swim with the old show blocks and "all kids out of the pool"

fuck man just thinking about it gives me the biggest nostalgia

>I have over 6 doctorates in 6 different scientific disciplines

MAKE WAY FOR THE GOAT FRISKY DINGO CHARACTER PLEBS

It was perfect
The humor was spot on

that isn't antagony

You better bag off jag off Wendell is the GOAT

OK, if you're going to discuss the art of cinema and the craft of television, one thing you'll want to do if you want a high power level is avoid certain set phrases. One of these is 'ahead of its time'. This phrase literally means 'better than I unfairly expected, based on an inadequate knowledge of the period, of a work of its age'. Art is never 'ahead of its time', its exactly on time. It's production cultures that are late.