Was anyone else angered and baffled by Rhinox turning predacon in beast machines?

Was anyone else angered and baffled by Rhinox turning predacon in beast machines?

It makes no sense as far as i can see.

beast machines was shit so i didn't watch it

How do you know it was shit if you didn't watch it?

not much in beast machines made sense anyway. megatron was a floating head and that's all i remember

Shit taste familia.

megatron was the t-rex bruh. you probably don't remember because you were 5 years old.

Yeah it was shit. Maybe they were planning to explain things better but everyone fucking hated it so they never got a chance

that was wars. machines he was a floating head that chased people around a city.

He's talking about Beast Machines, not Beast Wars, you insult his memory but your literacy is even worse.

are you trying to make a joke?

It was all worth it for the (Yous) thanks bros

i didnt know there was a sequel to beast wars, is it good? or ist it good if you didint watch it 15 years ago?

whatever gets you through the day

No, he's right.
Beast Machines was the sequel to Beast Wars.

After purging his beast mode, Megatron became a "floatin' tribute to Unicron".

Not really, it was nice to see some grey morality in Transformers. Could have been done better, sure. But its not as if he was Botanica.

Ah, the old "I was only pretending to be retarded" trick. I thought you were made of sterner stuff, user.

It's not good no matter when you watch it lol
Definitely do no recommend it. It only had one season because everyone hated it

Nope, it was shit then and it's shit now

Wars is classic though

I was pretty sure it had two seasons and even had a proper ending that was supposed to lead into a new series.

Why are Beast Wars toys still so $$$$

Beast Wars was way better than carformers.

Rarity, unique nature, significance to the franchise.

it was shit. they go back to cybertron and everyone there is dead and megatron somehow takes over and gets an army of clone robots. rhynox turns evil, optimus turns into a hippy, cheetor into an annoying edgelord and ratrap doesn't have weapons. Only cheetor, rattrap and spiderlady are alive on optimus' team, and its all a bunch of shit about communing with nature and waking up mother nature on the planet, while megatron becomes obsessed with destroying all traces of organic life in him and on the planet

>Dead
>Clone Robots
Mostly right, but every cybertronian's soul is being held captive in a twisted parody of "til all are one".

The Vehicon Drones were literally made from the sparkles corpses.

Beast Machines was pretty high concept, it only failed in execution.

>Sparkles
Sparkless.
My bad.

>it was nice to see some grey morality in Transformers.

We already saw it with dinobot. He betrayed the predacons and then later briefly changed his mind and defected back.

This was simply not in rhinox's character. Or at least nothing we'd seen up to this point

Maybe it did. Watched it once and it was not worth watching a second time.

Dan Dido, an executive told the guys making Beast Machines to completely ignore what happened in Beast Wars because it was "too continuity heavy"

That's why shit made no sense.

BEAST WARS

Yes, and no one has any issue with Dinobot.

And as I said, it could have been done better. Had Rhinox started off as one of the few survivors on the Maximal side and at least showed himself turmnturmning jaded I could buy it more. But the idea of a Maximal after eons of fighting finally snapping I could buy too. But again, they needed to play up that angle.

I get they wanted a twist and I appreciate the concept more than the way they delivered it.

Its worth sitting through the whole lot if only for Megatron's VA.

And yet Beast Machines is still very much tied in to both G1 and Beast Wars... I can see how making a sequel with that kind of remit would result I'm such a messy end product.

surely not all of them

when people say "i didnt watch it" what they actually mean, is they watched some of it, realised it was shit, and then stopped watching it

>replying to memes

oh well

Most of them, yeah.
It was massively popular at the time among kids, but the transformers fans who could and SHOULD have been keeping them NRFB and Mint for the inevitable future collectors were too busy having autistic shitfits over TRUKK NOT MUNKY and saying it was Ruined Forever.

>TRUKK NOT MUNKY

God I hate G1 fags

I want to know what was going through his head when Dan thought a direct sequel ignoring what happened in the previous product was a good idea. I mean it's not like it takes place a million years later, it literally kicks off right where Beast Wars ended

Yup. There are a lot of the Gwhiners around. And the ones who insist on crying about Bay still.

We're getting a fifth movie and they still act shocked when we get a Megatron that isn't a bloody Luger.

I can see the logic is the thing. Its the same reason comics reboot so frequently, to get new fans and prevent the newbies from being overwhelmed with continuity. But there's a fine line between keeping it simple for new people and just screwing up royal. Beast Machines sadly screwed it. Thanks tomits failure we never got the planned third mainframe series that was planned to go back to Vehicleformers.

>Yes, and no one has any issue with Dinobot.

Because he was a conflicted character from the very first episode.
A predacon traitor, learning the way of the maximals but still a predacon at heart.
Rhinox was steadfastly peaceful, intellectual and loyal.

As you say, perhaps it could have been a good plot point if there was any reason at all for it to happen. But there wasn't. They didn't tell the story.
That is EXACTLY why it's shit

Agreed. I've nothing against Rhinox turning bad, some fans are so dead set against the idea that even the concept enrages them.

Then issue was the story of his fall was glossed over.

It could have been a tragedy that defined Beast Machines.

Instead it was a tragedy that defined Beast Machines.

>beast machines was shit

This. It essentially shit all over everything Bob Forward made. I watched the entire series hoping it would get better but it didn't.

The only thing good that came out of Beast Machines was Jetstorm.

Bob Skir is the biggest piece of shit in the world and should be dragged out and beaten before the next Botcon, if there is one next year.

Yeah, but comics at least let you know when a reboot is happening. Besides it was taking place in a new location and over half the cast was dead. There couldn't have been that much they would have needed to keep track of besides some characterization

On a side note, I really want them to bring back Beast Wars in some form. I know their story was already told but if G1 keeps getting shit, so can they

With the Hasbro Cinematic Universe due to be a thing, I strongly suspect we'll see some form of Transformers with Beast Forms.

And the TransFans will explode in rage and butthurt yet again.

Yeah i think i could have got behind it if they had have actually told the story.

>It could have been a tragedy that defined Beast Machines.

>Instead it was a tragedy that defined Beast Machines.

lol nice

BEASTIES

fucks sake, Canada, you couldn't get a better name?

The name had to be changed for Canada cause the word "Wars" was too scary for Kachuck children.

As Superderformers once explained: "Do you remember the bean incident?"