Literally reviewing Metropolis as part of Monster Madness

Literally reviewing Metropolis as part of Monster Madness.
JUST
youtube.com/watch?v=xsv30orGzhs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NoUIv4S99O8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never seen it. What's wrong with Metropolis?

It's the last marathon anyway. And they already botched it by turning it into a powerpoint lesson.

it isn't horror.

Do you care more about the clips or actual revie?

what did he mean by this?

>people claim James doesn't review jack shit and only tells the plot
>watch this video
>he barely even mentions the plot and focuses on what the movie represents and how it has influenced mainstream culture

neither is Bubbahotep and that was in the first Monster Madness.

might as well review Scary Movie 1-5.

i>>he barely even mentions the plot and focuses on what the movie represents and how it has influenced mainstream culture
I swear to god this is the first video of this year where he's done this.

he should review the animekino

Thats because it's basic as shit. Like a 14 year old verballizing citizen kane's value despite not knowing it.

cause none of the other films have huge cultural influences like Metropolis.

he usually just does a basic summary and then gives his opinion.

>Thats because it's basic as shit
The review? He explains everything its scenes are based of and what they represent and how much it has influenced culture, what else is there?

It's a horror work workers, you neets would not understand

The Mary Shelley's Frankenstein one was really in depth, one of the longest reviews in any MM.

this was utter piece of shit

>recreating your basement to look like a 1980s VHS rental store

do americans really do this?

Bubba Hotep was horror faggot.

Manchildren do. Manchildren. Remind you of your lost childhood. Escape from wife and kids, or from your failure to have those, it's all the same. Much like some escape to the garage, because their happiest time was working on their first car.

Dude he made show about movies so he wanted to make cool background, you would want to watch guy talking on sofa with blank painted wall behind?

>>people claim James doesn't review jack shit and only tells the plot

I think he's more like a friend trying to sell you on watching a movie he likes. That's the appeal.

He goes through the plot and highlights not caring about pretty heavy spoilers. Because it's usually not important. It's just a "dude, watch this" thing.

So he's finished as movie director right?

The only thing I know about this film is that Japan made a meme out of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoUIv4S99O8

>Bruce Campbell dressed as Elvis Presley and some black guy claiming he's JFK are the main characters
I'm shitting my pants.

He's under a delusion he'll make shitloads more movies. The truth is he's in his mid 30s and has no chance. Not only will his fans not fund his next movie after the disaster that was AVGN he doesn't have the time because he has a kid now. By the time his kid is independent enough for him to have enough free time to work on a movie he'll be in his mid 40s if not worse. His fanbase will be dried up by then.

RIP James's dreams

>what is a horror comedy
Evil Dead 2 isn't a horror either, right?

>what is a horror comedy
A comedy themed around spookums, not a horror movie, because it doesn't try to instill feelings of horror in the viewer at all, meanwhile it does try to make them laugh.

you should review a noose and then use it

I am glad that I will never have a kid

The presence of horror elements make it a horror movie.
>typical IQ level of a tv poster

then the horror elements on metropolis make it a horror film.
Typical pleb

There aren't any horror elements in Metropolis.

haha el justo!

>the images of horrible things
Hell even James names a few from the girl getting stalked to the mad scientist. He recognize their influence and how it affected horror films. Pleb among plebs

>mad scientist
That's a sci-fi element.
>girl getting stalked
Also not a horror element.

Directing is not a young mans game. Mid 40s is nothing special for a director...

Of course it is. From movie like halloween to mario bava films are a exampoe of that.

And if those elements and the scene full of faces or the moloch statue aren't horror elements, then neither is evil dead has horror elements.

Pleb

The Moloch statue scene is symbolic and very short. Metropolis is a sci-fi film with some religious symbolism. It's not a horror film.

Not every film with a mad scientist is a horror movie.

It has horror elements. There's a reason James is making a review and how the influence of Metropolis is also present on most horror films and even those that are influential.

WHAT? Why not The Lost World? This is bullshit. I'm only waiting for Tusedays.

So what? It's still not a horror movie. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids have a mad scientist. And there is a scene of a girl getting stalked in Birth of a Nation. Is this also a horror movie?

>No woman will ever want me

ftfy

KINO

>The presence of horror elements make it a horror movie
Like?

Is it the monster? Cause by that logic fucking Godzuki Son of Godzilla is a horror movie. No, it's just a comedy where the villain is a mummy.

It's like saying that Christine is a sports movie.

Nice autism.