Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I just rewatched this and for some reason I enjoyed it more but I can't for the life of me figure out why it's so satisfying. On paper it should be shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tw6YQg2VTU8
youtu.be/Q9C5EPuLr5o?t=3m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=vUjyp8MYIbk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The actions scenes are sexy

The CGI blood effects ruined it for me, they just looked like obvious shit.

>No shaky-cam bullshit
>Lead actor actually knows how to shoot/fight
>Knows not to dwell too long on the story
>Just the right amount of pulp silliness
>Total commitment from Boss Reeves
>Kickass score/soundtrack
>Dafoe
>Perfectly-timed humor sprinkled throughout

Pure style and lack of irony.

Just a wild guess, but I think it's because it was a movie that the directors were excited to make that wasn't attached to any previous property. They had more freedom, plus they had based Keanu, so they just went all-out.

I kinda wanna watch it again with the Commentary on.

Does Keanu do a track? I love listening to him talk about his movies

I just know that there's A commentary. Based Keanu would probably have one though, I'll take a look.

No thanks.

I have about as much respect for John Wick as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise John Meme.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

>It is non-neurotypicality
Really? Because I'm pretty sure whoever wrote this had some severe autism spectrum disorder

>Things can't be fun.

Your post was well-written and funny though.

Just took a look, looks like it's just the directors which is a bit of a shame.

If you don't try quite so hard, more people might be lured in by your bait

The directors did a commentary. No Keanu

this

I thought the ssame

the scenes are great but that fucking blood cgi

Aw. Still, I might give it a listen sometime.

fight choreography

I'm giving it a listen now, they're so jazzed about making a movie for the first time, it's neat.

Those are the best. It sucks when the people obviously don't want to be there.

I think the fact that it "only" cost 20 million dollars gave them a lot of freedom as well. It

Fun fact as well, same production company that made Wick also made Sicaro so they also have a lot of talent involved with these films

I watched it last night for the first time actually.

I enjoyed it a lot, particularly how it didn't rely on gore or big set-pieces and was allowed to just be a smooth piece of action kino.

I do think that hurt it to a point though because every fight is just Wick running through a building popping headshots and then doing a hurricanrana every couple guys. I'm not saying it needs Baysplosion level of stunts but just some more variety in the kills is all. Luckily Wick's mission itself and the characters around him were compelling enough to make it still feel like it progressed well.

The entire nightclub scene was fucking great and one of my favorite action scenes in recent memory.

For anyone that liked it I highly recommend Korean vengeance thrillers like Park Chan Wook's Vengeance Trilogy and The Man From Nowhere. I was struck by a lot of similarities throughout the movie and found out the director was inspired by those movies specifically, to no surprise.

>hurricanrana
IT'S CALLED FRANKENSTEINER

this movie is bullshit, you like it and you feel guilty about it

Is it the same director behind the sequel?

Frankensteiner is off the top rope and considering a Hurricanrana is typically supposed to end in a pin and Wick generally pinned the guys down to execute them afterward every time I'd say it's accurate.

The Frankensteiner doesn't have to be from the top rope. Hurricanrana isn't even a pin move, it's a throw.
youtube.com/watch?v=tw6YQg2VTU8
This is a hurricanrana

youtu.be/Q9C5EPuLr5o?t=3m26s
This is a frankensteiner.

youtube.com/watch?v=vUjyp8MYIbk Better looking Frankensteiner

It gets better every time

I believe so yes.

They keep mentioning lenses and angles and shit and as a wannabe filmmaker I'm really enjoying it.

>Pure style and lack of irony.
Mostly this, it fully embraces what it is and excedes at it.

For those who have seen both, was John Wick or The Raid 2 better?

Raid still the best

The Raid 2, easy

>Lead actor actually knows how to shoot/fight
This so fucking much.
I know how to operate and most action movie just make me cringe as fuck.

No extra pistol noise as soon as there is a move, no unlimited magazines, realistic impacts, etc.

Plus, no fucking romantic story, just a dude and his objective.
The movie would have been ruined if he has someone to protect or if there was a major girl.

I don't like girls.

They're two different fighting styles. JW is more gunplay mixed with Judo, while Raid 2 is...Pencak Silat, I think. In terms of how entertaining they are I think JW wins but in terms of like martial arts mastery and absolute brutality Raid 2 wins in that department.

I liked the first one, I feel a second one is going to suck, it's unneeded and forced. John Wick was a fine standalone movie.

idk man it's pretty weak after the night club scene

>if there was a major girl
That one qt was in there, tried to kill John and got btfo by the Continental.

In the sequel apparently Ruby Rose is in there, though she's kinda androgynous (technically genderfluid but I'd rather not get into that).

I think with the new location we're gonna get some interesting new characters, and since John is out of retirement now he's gonna get the opportunity to go full Agent 47 and go travelling for contracts.

Side note, The directors really should make a Hitman movie and get it fucking right this time around.