I'm 2 or 3 episodes into Luke Cage and honestly it's pretty boring so far...

I'm 2 or 3 episodes into Luke Cage and honestly it's pretty boring so far. The episodes are mostly just people walking from one location to another and talking about shit and once in a great while we get a reminder that Luke is strong and bulletproof. Is this show actually building towards something or is it mostly just slice of life?

pretty soon he becomes not strong and not bulletproof and also the main villain is replaced so basically you get an entirely new show, good planning if you ask me

There is action, just not a huge amount of it.

Episode 4 or 5 gives Luke a decent action scene where he clears out one of Cottonmouth's safehouses.

Keep in mind that unlike, say, Daredevil, Luke doesn't want to be a superhero or operate under a hero persona, he wants to just be a regular guy and be left alone.

Well at least it's an original Black character and they didn't cast a Black dude to play a canon White cheate. Yay for blacks finally getting their own chracacters.

>main villain is replaced so basically you get an entirely new show, good planning if you ask me

This was a mistake in my opinion. Cottonmouth was fantastic and easily the best actor on the show. Diamondback was fucking embarrassing to watch, and a real let down from all the hype. OP it does get better as you go though, I felt the same as you during the first 3 episodes, that it was boring as fuck, it picks up but its not the best Marvel/Netflix. Probably my least favourite so far to be honest.

There is so many unsettling surgery scene in this show

Daredevil Season 2 is far and away the worst that Marvel/Netflix has delivered (whereas Daredevil Season 1 is probably still the best). Jon Bernthal's Punisher is great but the rest kinda sucks.

The intro music is the best part of the show.

I was mostly annoyed by the inconsistency of the powers between luke and Jessica jones in the two shows.

Stopped watching it, after 3 episodes. Just like JJ, it is boring. Stuff happensy but really nothing happens.

Luke is more story driven then DD and JJ. The worst of the bunch IMO.

>slice of life
>boring

Do you have ADHD or something?

Its better then jj imo. That had bigger cast of characters,stories , more action and better villain yet made itself boring , while luke is 100x interesting character then jj . It doesnt have subpar subplots shoerned to it. Or characters.

I think mercedes knight is better character then both lawyers or her friend in JJ or karen and foggy

And that's fine. I think it's good that they made a show about an original Black character instead of changing the race of another character. I'm just curious about where this show is going. It's not like it's bad but so far it hasn't sucked me in the way Daredevil did.

the whole thing is basically setting up his attitude as a character in the marvel/netflix universe. it's pretty drawn out. for someone that's unbreakable, you'd think the show would have more action, but it's mostly black people sitting around talking calmly.

is he going to stay in the shadows? is he going to go full superhero for the people? it's quite the dilemma!

I felt like the whole season can be thrown away because it's really the next season where the story is supposed to get good.

Checked.

Also I totally agree. I remember Knight name, but I dont remember Jessica friend name.

IMO

DD>LC>JJ

I've watched the last ep already, it's laughably shit. Doesn't feel like a super hero thing at all, probably because no budget for sfx

I get the sense that the show is done on a pretty low budget, too. There's little action or special effects aside from maybe one or two shots per episode. It seems like it could have been just a TV show about some guy who moved to Harlem to lay low and they could have saved more money on special effects.

>mostly just people walking from one location to another and talking about shit

That's what Mad Men is and it's one of the best shows ever.

it character drama

It becomes fucking trash come episode 10..quit while you are ahead..they stretched out a 2hr movie storyline into a series

Up to episode 9. Still terrible, abandon ship.

may as well finish it

most punchable face t b h

jesus christ, really?

>they stretched out a 2hr movie storyline into a series

JJ had the same problem.

Luke Cage has always been boring. Move on.

As an avid comicbook reader that particularly like the 70's Luke Cage comics, I wholeheartedly say that some things should not be translated to screen.

If you find that boring, just stop watching it, it's not a series for you.

>Lawyer

What did he mean by that? The guy he was he trying to frame for the hostage taking was called "Lawyer"?