ITT: Movies you loved as a kid but that you can't rewatch without nostalgia goggles because of how bad it is

ITT: Movies you loved as a kid but that you can't rewatch without nostalgia goggles because of how bad it is.

Well meme'd friends

You seriously need to die, newfag.

The Thing is one of the few movies Cred Forums agrees is perfect.

The Thing threads have always been comfy, and good. We shall usurp your sad attempt at trolling, and make this thread worthwhile.

MOM LOOK IM REPLYING TO A BAIT THREAD XD

what a retard lmao

>MUH HUGBOX!

Howdy, leddit.

>terrible acting
>poor pacing
>shit effects
>bad directing
>awful cinematography
>perfect

b-b-but muh comfy

BURN IT ALL DOWN

Yeah no, The Thing is fucking trash and a few vocal autists sperging out over "muh 80s effects" and "muh comfy flick" doesn't change that. Everyone outside of this board recognizes that this film is shit and that Carpenter is a hack.

wew lad

thanks for correcting the record!

>The Thing is one of the few movies Cred Forums agrees is perfect.

Only if you're in a circlejerk John Carpenter thread, anywhere else people will rightfully tell you that this flick is overrated shit.

Its a SJW tier shit movie

>The Thing is one of the many movies reddit agrees is perfect.

FTFY

>perfect

Sorry, bud, but those animatronics are far from being good. They're laughable, they're on the same par as SyFy TV shows.
And the lines are cheesy, no one talks like a real person, no one acts like a real person, the drama and doc breaking comms is forced and unbelievable.
And oh yeah, the awful acting. The god damn awful acting on par with Miranda dying in The Dark Knight Rises. The doctor using the same scapel to cut everyone...
And how about the fact that there is no mystery at all because all Things are predictable as fuck?
Oh yeah, there is that laughable belly thing. The guy was going to defibrillate THE OTHER GUY'S STOMACH, which is the only reason why he got his hands cut off, because he was going to defibrillate the stomach.
Pix related, why the fuck was he defibrillating the Guy's stomach?

Sure, it is a comfy movie, and I actually like the movie, but it is really far from being perfect.

>nu Cred Forums

Fucking disgusting. Kill yourselves, all of you.

Maybe if you've watched less than 100 movies in your life.

Some of them gave valid points though.
It's a mediocre movie.

Nigga, kill yourself.

>millennial Cred Forums opinions
always disgusting, sage

Overrated piece of trash praised by pathetic millennials.

t. millennial

Millennial is everyone currently younger than 44. If you are older and is in Cred Forums, you should kill yourself. If you are younger, you are millennial.

fuck off, millennials

millennial refers to young millennials (age 16-22), you dumb shit

I know this is a blatant bait thread but Im still somewhat mad.

Found the millenials

>millennial scum shitposting as smoke screen
kys

It doesn't. You don't know what the term means.

Yeah sorry nobody likes your shitty 90s movie faggot

Threadly reminder that The Thing vs Alien is not much better than DC vs Marvel.

true

less true

It does colloquially

this
>mfw Cred Forums keeps arguing about these terrible flicks when Rosemary's baby is the true GOAT

How many layers of irony are you guys under?
>tfw three layers

reminder that this movie has no women in it and is hated by nu-male cucks and feminist cuckqueens alike

reminder that only virgin neckbeards like this fucking mess of a movie. Also
>liking a remake
be more pleb, please

if those were millenials their 'childhood movies' would be 2003-2010 stuff

>liking a shitty b-movie scifi adaption of a novella
KEK
U
C
K

Has anyone analyzed whether The Thing represents feminism--it only takes over weak willed beta males?

ITT:

Love that style, it's got sort of a goya/picasso vibe going on

This comic is stupid, but the 90s were fucking terrible

I hope you are memeing

I don't even know if I like these movies.

So we can all agree Childs was the thing right?
>horror movie
>black person survives

>kung fu movie
>white guy is completely incompetent
carpenter was progressive as fuck

Oh right, I forget I share a board with less cultured people

It had a chess computer voiced by a women user.

This has to be one of the worst threads I've ever seen.

No because that's inconsistent with the plot in the spiritual sequel (the video game). The ending was meant to be just feels, 2 men stuck in a middle of nowhere waiting for their impending doom. The guy who started overthinking that shit is a literal autist.

This thread really makes you think...

wtf I hate chess now!

Redd!t film
for Redd!tards

I know you are baiting but there are really tumblr fags who think shit like this. Be careful with your meme magic senpai.

>knowing what it is

>also knowing what it is

Called it. After Aliens it will be time for The Thing and Alien. This board is pathetic enough. No real discussion. I predict the original Terminator and Master and Commander will be next.

Any Star Wars movie

I don't understand how people can still love them as an adult

Real talk the discrimination against trans people in this movie is unacceptable, no matter the time it was made. Same goes for the naked gun

Pretty much every Swartznegger movie.

>discrimination
>something depicted in a movie can be discrimination
why would you virtue signal on an anonymous image board that is going to die soon anyway

kek

>implying I knew what it was and didn't just assume it was a Cred Forums meme

I watched The Thing for the first time yesterday. Everything up until the first morphing scene I was real down on. I had high hopes and was getting worried, but after that fucking dog's face falls off -- man I was simultaneously appreciating the quality of the effects(despite their rubberyness) and horrified by what I was seeing. I haven't been that mesmerized in awhile. I absolutely loved it.

this
and this
this is atrocious
THIS

millenials itt