Movie named Half Blood Prince

>movie named Half Blood Prince
>find out it was some character's old nickname
>it has no bearing on the story whatsoever

Does it make more sense in the book or what?

>Harry potter
>make sense
Pick on

Try The board accepts it now that the new book "ruined" the "legacy"

I haven't read the book so I don't wanna listen to bookfags. I wanted to talk about the movie, which I did watch.

It was a why was Snape the way he was backstory in a sense

Then came the pensive of Snape's memories to tie to all together

Ooh I can't wait for that faggot to post the copypasta

You know what makes more sense? This was one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>God tier: The Great Gatsby
Dropped.

Nope, it was pretty much a side story.

It made more sense in the book because the book of the Half Blood Prince and finding out who he was, was a central plot point in the book.
In the movie it's about who makes out with whom and the story just gets dragged along somehow.

>Shit tier: Lord of the Rings

As many time as I've seen this image, this will never not make me rage

theres a new book?

>kanye west

its never been easier to spot a shit tier list

The fourth, fifth, and sixth books were all poorly named.

There was a play, and the script was released as a book.

Novel adaption of the stage play some guy wrote with Rowling's blessing. So kind of?

is that the one where Hermione is an ugly old black woman?

That's correct.

So was the 7th

>Let's call it Deathly Hallows, 3 super powerful items
>as soon as the characters learn about the Deathly Hallows, they decide "fuck those, we've already got a series of McGuffins to hunt down"

No surprise considering how poorly written all the books are too.

The problem is that Rowling was inconsistent in the naming. E.g.:

>Goblet of Fire
>the deciding element leading to the main plotline of the book

>Half Blood Prince
>there are two elements to this: his book was important to Harry's development and after Snape killed Dumbledore he truly became the pivotal character

>Deathly Hollows
>the main side plot driver; I believe this name was out of necessity since the logical name is HP and Voldemort's Horcruxes which is obviously stupid

they are all fine names by themselves, just don't really make sense together

>Snape killed Dumbledore
Spoiler that shit man.

I feel like Book 7 could have been named "The Elder Wand", since it's the only Deathly Hallow that has any serious impact on the plot (Harry had been using the cloak for 6 books already so that doesn't really count).

>this boring pasta

honestly do you have anything better to do than being literal cancer?

wasn't harry finding the book and wanting to find its owner a big deal in the movie?

harry's only clue was it was written by the half blood prince. in the end it's revealed as being snape

it's almost the same name, don't forget that by the end the names were also designed to not give out any information about the plot

>Harry had been using the cloak for 6 books
even better imo

>starring Treant Razor as Sanpe.

Everything went to shit after Order of the Phoenix.

He's doing god's work user.