LOL, MCCARTHYISM AMIRITE GUYS?!!

>LOL, MCCARTHYISM AMIRITE GUYS?!!

Except this film and a lot of liberal pro commie stuff that has been declassified has proven McCarthy was right.

At this point they've gone from "THEY WERE NOT COMMUNISTS STOP MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS" to "They were Communists, so what? There's nothing wrong with that."

Reminds me of "BILL CLINTON IS A DEVOTED HUSBAND AND A GOOD CHRISTIAN MAN AND THESE FALSE ACCUSATIONS ARE A RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY" to "lol it was just a blowjob who cares, stop being such a prude."

About a month after Obama leaves office I expect him to say he actually was born in Kenya but he felt the law was discriminatory so it was his duty to disobey it.

Really makes you think

Trickery and subversion are core tenants of the left.

Are you okay there buddy? Need a little milk?

>communism is bad
>all the countries that were under it are now safe from SJW bullshit and are more secure and homogenous than capitalist country

enjoy your money tho, your countries sold their future for some more material wealth

Right wingers... Always believing in stupid shit.

The bigger lie in Trumbo was how they omited his entire career prior to going to Hollywood as a scriptwriter for hire.

The fuckers don't even MENTION Johnny Got His Gun, the super edgy as fuck anti-war WW1 novel he wrote and only pulled from circulation when Russia got attacked by Hitler (which is the only thing that made him support WW2).

Oh and how he reported EVERYONE who wrote him about buying back a copy of Johnny, which by this point was out of print, to the FBI for being literal Hitler loving traitors to America!!!!

I think i've seen this exact post before... did you repost this?

Literally everyone in this movie was garbage in this movie except John Goodman, including Cranston. I've yet to see a bad movie that wasn't made better by having John Goodman.

>declassified stuff proved McCarthy was right

nope.

Johnny Got His Gun is a shit novel. There's a reason why Farewell To Arms and All Quiet At the Western Front are taught in school instead.

Also, why Dalton Trumbo's family sold ownership of the movie version he sunk all of the family's money towards making, to Metallica for a pittance. And why his family pushes Roman Holiday, Spartacus, and Exodus instead as his most famous work....

>Its almost like the countries that had to suffer its bullshit knew exactly what to purge and resist when they over threw it

Wtf I love communism now.

Is it against the law in America to be a communist and have communist beliefs

Jesus christ.

I thought the McCarthy era witchhunt was to bring about Russian spies and plots.

So is Trumbo worth a watch or not?

It's basically a TV movie with an A list cast.

Reminder that India posts on Cred Forums more than any other country in Asia and if you see Cred Forums shit posting on other boards you are likely talking to someone who ironically is not white. They are from the Near East or India.

>all the countries that were under it are now safe from SJW bullshit and are more secure and homogenous than capitalist country

They're also significantly depopulated from the millions upon millions of people it killed.

But I guess "win some, lose some".

The deaths of millions and the oppression of millions more is worth some vague goal in the future, I guess.

>Oh and how he reported EVERYONE who wrote him about buying back a copy of Johnny, which by this point was out of print, to the FBI for being literal Hitler loving traitors to America!!!!

Is this true?

What a fucking hypocrite.

McCarthism had nothing to do with actually communism. It was just discrediting anybody you didn't like for power.

>Is it against the law in America to be a communist and have communist beliefs

No, not now or even in the 50's.

HOWEVER, in the 50's, when America was LITERALLY being infiltrated by Communists who sought the destruction of America, and when Communist sympathizers would aid and abed actual Communist spies, if there was reasonable evidence that you were an ardent Communist or a Communist Sympathizer you could be examined by the government and investigated for further evidence of actual crimes.

It wasn't perfect and was an extreme measure, but it was completely understandable for the time.

Idiots like to pretend the "Red Scare" happened for no reason.
It is the actual public Modus Operandi of Communists to infiltrate a society on the social level and destroy it from within.
It was less of a "Red Scare" and more of a "America is literally being infiltrated by Reds, and people are scared we're going to be the next Soviet Union", despite what the historical-revisionist media will tell you.