Trilogies where the second is the best and the third is the worst

I'm interested in film series' that get better than take a nosedive in the third installment. Why does it happen? Who's to blame?

pic related

Star Wars

The DARK Meme

Terminator 2. Though even I say that loosely.

most trilogies are like this

Star Wars
Mad Max
The Godfather
The Dark Knight
Toy Story
Evil Dead
Blade
Terminator

the list goes on

>Rush Hour
>Lethal Weapon
>The Cornetto Trilogy
>Robocop

I'd also say The Godfather but that third movie is complete kino.

The first film is generally safer. People are concerned that they won't make their money back. After you establish your success and your brand you ramp it up and do all the things you wanted to do in the second movie. And with the third you generally try to switch it up and tie up loose ends, especially with trilogies falling for the 3 act meme.

original star wars trilogy naturally

Back to the Future

this is fact

>>Rush Hour

>tfw "you one crazy ass bitch"

I know a lot of people say pirates though I don't necessarily agree

I have to disagree about the cornetto trilogy and robocop. shaun of the dead is more focused and lean, and robocop 1's a fuckin masterpiece. although liberal retard robocop was good fun.

Alien is probably the best example.

Jaws 3-D

this makes a lot of sense i'd add that by the third original staff may have left, lost their passion, or everyone's in it to make a quick buck.
especially in non narrative trilogies like beverlly hills where axel foley lost all his personality and eddie murphy gave no shits.

>Implying Blade 2 is better than the first
Outta here with that.

>amry of darkness is the worst

The Matrix trillogy

As posted above, Alien, Spiderman,

Problem Child

Army of Darkness was some weird disney medieval fantasy piece of shit and for some reason fuckwads like you keep denying that fact

Yuru Yuri

Indiana Jones

Beverly Hills Cop 1 is the better comedy.

Beverly Hills Cop 2 is the better action movie due to having Tony Scott behind the helm.

It all depends on what you're watching these movies for, I guess.