Is it worth watching?

is it worth watching?

Nope

yes it's a fun show, only 8 episodes, if you love 80s spielberg/carpenter you'll like it

the fanbase is reddit tier, but the show is nice

Yes! Hopper and Eleven steal the show.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
there's nothing 80's about this show, they just live in an old town with old cars and no cellphones and the kids just mention random 80's movies for no reason other than to remind you it's supposed to be the 80's.
It could pretty much be present day. The soundtrack is just Should I Stay or Should I Go and some low quality fake giorgio moroder/kraftwerk ripoff melody that plays on and on.

Is reddit worth browsing? That's your answer

Watch it for Hopper, he was the shit.

lmao you have some pretty high expectations for what it means to accurately depict 1980s on screen. Now answer me truthfully, were you even born in the 80s?

>were you even born in the 80s?
of course not
nice dubs (and trips if that was you as well) btw

This pic is objectively correct except fuck Steve because he only changed to get with Nancy when Johnathan was based the entire time.

The monster looks fucking terrible, I mean really fucking bad.

I watched it all last night/this morning. Its worth watching yes

There was even an ep where the yellow fever science teacher is explaining the practical effects in The Thing, and an Evil Dead poster on Jonathan's wall. PE would have made this show really comfortable, they should really depart from cgi where possible in season 2 for PE, I'm sure they now have the budget.

What the fuck do you think makes an 80s? What made up bullshit have you concocted?

I agree 100%, this killed the show for me. 1983 my ass, they should have gotten a guy in a suit to play that humanoid monster they stole from Half Life.

-more gratuituous synth music
-pastel t-shirts and more mullets
-ferraris
-ray ban shades
-girls with crazy clothes and tons of makeup
-lazers
-more slang even if it's made up
-vector graphics or a medieval font for the title logo
-more kids with glasses (dont ask me why)
-a voice over narrator like in Twilight Zone
-some scene involving a videogame arcade
-characters that would speak in an 80's accent because there's totally an 80's accent, and that would act crazier by today's standards, like they are on drugs or something

Sounds fucking terrible

oh and more neon and smoke and at least one 80's pop hit song per episode

>>>/reddit/

This is without a doubt the most Reddit post I've ever read. I'm not even trying to be cute here. I'm dead fuckin serious.

t. reddittor

It's decent but I think most of the praise it gets is because of inertia

And a kid in a wheelchair. 80s and early 90s were big on trying to make crips feel like normal people

pffff
wat the fuck kind of post is this jesus christ someone is so assmad hahah they got fuckin rekt about a post and had to post some shit thinkin EPIC BATI lolll, holy shit, how mad do u have to 2 be to post this and pretend ur gonna get bites

holy fuck u wouldnt kno 80s if it hit u in the fuckin face
read this

Several quintessential 80s movies don't have what you're saying they have to have.

Show wasn't good to begin with.

It's for depressed middle-aged stay-at-home moms that are seeking a form of escapism which suits their sparse off hours from a part-time job which is required for them to keep them and their children afloat in their middle-class neighborhood.

I liked the show until the reddit tier pedos fucked it up for me... but seriously we can't let them near the nuclear codes.

So deep

yes but it's not good

i think so

the only moment in the series that made me cringe and you found it and posted it

Barb did nothing wrong
The best way to settle this is Steve/Nancy/Jonathan

I thought it was too confident for Eleven to do. Punishing the bully was in character but the smirk and the confidence didn't seem like her at all.

the only god tier characters were the cop and boyfriend

a few were mid tier but most were shit tier

would you describe yourself as someone easily intrigued?

i noticed the thing those two share is that they were both set up a certain way and then expectations were subverted. is that the only reason you find them compelling?

That and the nose wipe and 360 degrees backwards moonwalk out of there

>It could pretty much be present day
Everyone would be recording shit with their cellphones if it were today. The timlessness of it adds to the quality of the show, doesn't deride from it. You post like a spaz.

No. Felt like a parody.

>Mike's dad

What the fuck was his problem?

my expectations with the cop were not subverted.

Hot

He's just there to be wrong about everything.

His problem was that all the characters were living through 80s horror movies and he was going through an 80s sitcom

i thought he was just a throwback to goofy, ambivalent dads 80's movies/shows.

>not realizing there can only be 1 cool adult in the 80s and the rest are utter shit

In fact sometimes it's less than 1 adult. We at least at 2 decent parents in this show.

It was a guy in a suit, his name is mark. They just cgi over it cause they ran out of time

You'd best not mean that little faggot Steve who really didn't deserve the girl in the end but it would be too predictable if she ended up with the Ryan Gosling drive character.

>unironically liking people dressed as ayyys in the current year

Shiggy

>You'd best not mean that little faggot Steve who really didn't deserve the girl in the end but it would be too predictable if she ended up with the Ryan Gosling drive character.

what the fuck.

its like, you comprehend the world entirely different to regular people.

how in the fuck can you describe the weird pervert as ryan gosling?

how is steve a faggot when hes banging bitches and being a good guy? how did he not deserve her when he was all she was interested in?

Add Benny to Too busy being dead tier. He was based.

>regular people

Fresh off the boat from Reddit?

>banging bitches and being a good guy

I refuse to believe you wrote his sentence unironically so I'll assume you were trolling.

However, the autistic camera man was able to lay waste to Steve's pussy ass when backed into a corner and besides Steve being a jealous cuck towards the end, he also had his own """friend""" push him up against his own car because he was the real and actual beta.

They even heavily implied she would end up with Jonathan, but as the writer's switched I'm sure the final one decided to bring Steve back, look like a bitch, almost blow the whole thing and suddenly learn about the entire shows plot in 30 seconds and get the girl.

Makes you think

>Steve not in god tier possible slipping into mid tier after getting the shit beat out of him

lmao sure is insecure in here

Are you serious? That's one of the flat out best moments of the series. The little smirk, the slide away. It's great.

Took the words right out of my mouth

Told my mom about it. She watched it and didn't like it.

Boom faggot

There were a lot of parents in those days that didn't give a fuck what their kids got up to. His old man before him was probably a tough guy who fought in WW2.

Will should be in low tier for bringing back those alien slugs.

I honestly don't think so. There's nothing really interesting in there. Everything is a reference or a setup to a reference or a 80's clicheor more accurately something people that aren't well versed in 80's movies thing is an 80's cliche being subverted. There are times it looks cheap.

Basically it's super 8 done correctly.

such overrated meme reddit-tier trash

It's a show about kids in a small town, you never saw half of that shit outside of a city in the 80's. But it could use more firebirds.

I watched this movie by only a suggestion from a friend and never heard a word about it anywhere else so I didn't know it was "reddit tier popular".
I watched all 8 episodes that night, it was that great, fanastic watch.

Don't understand where all the negativity on this board comes from

Like I could see how if you spent money to see a movie in theaters, you might feel resentful about it if it turned out the movie sucked

But stranger things is a tv show you watch in the comfort of your home, it doesn't cost any money unless you subscribed to Netflix just to watch it.

It's 8 1hour episodes

What I don't understand is if you didn't enjoy it, why didn't you just turn it off?

How did you watch 8 hours of what is in your opinion "trash"? What kind of person does that to himself? Are you being paid to review Netflix original series?

And if you didn't actually watch it all, if you turned it off halfway through the first or second episode like a sane person would any show that didn't tickle their fancy, then how did you get such certain and vehement hatred for the show? You don't really know how it was. Wouldn't it be enough to say that the show wasn't for you? Why do you feel qualified to give an objective review of something you didn't actually watch?

>Oh shit, there is a global conspiracy that goes all the way to the top covering up disappearances
>Better investigate by breaking into the bad guys' base at night without telling anyone
Other than a few retarded plot elements it was pretty enjoyable

>little shitstain not his own special nigger garbage hell tier of delet this tier below everything
Every fucking moment that charcoal peice of shit was on screen was fucking suffering

This so much. I felt this way from the beginning and was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty good for the most part and even great at certain times.

lol jeeeeez m8...

Yes watch it for froggo

They literally rip off entire plot threads and characters from the most iconic movies of the 80's I don't know how you could say it's what people "think is an 80's cliche".

a lot desu

don't fall for the contrarian Cred Forums meme

have you been on this board for more than 5 minutes? everything is shit on. EVERYTHING.

I was loving but the last episode was a serious disappointing

The entire series spends all this time piling questions on top of questions but the last episode is all action where nothing gets fucking answered

i mean, maybe, but geez man, its season 1 and many questions were part way answered.

why does 11 have powers? cia experiments
whats the upside down? another dimension
how's it reaching our world? 11 opened up access to it

the only question set up earlier and not answered i can think of is what the monster is.
what the eggs are, the slug in wills throat, those were last episode things so obviously their set for next season and you cant complain about those not being answered.

Did you know someone already made your post a short movie?

I think she had powers because of MKULTRA. Doubt they'll ever explain it very much beyond that.

>dustin
>not low tier

It's only worth watching if you like 80s kids adventure

based froggo

Anyone else think the last episode was by far the weakest of the season?

They basically tied up all the loose ends. Had to add the slug thing just to give us something to grasp on for the second season.

Also, why the fuck didn't they kill Hopper the first time he broke into the government facility? This bothered me.

It's still a great show though.

the girl and main kid are really bad. besides them, quite fun show

How isn't he a faggot? He's portrayed as a complete asshole, and we're supposed to forgive him and change our minds because his friend was more of an asshole.

Yeah Jonathan was a bit of a creep, shouldn't have been snapping pics of them from the bushes. But what about Steve spraypainting shit about Nancy being a slut over nothing. She was just sitting in another guys house, that's it, while Steve was peering in from the 2nd story window.

we're we watching the same thing? hes set up as an asshole but its turned around. when he tries to get into nancy's pants and she turns him down, he respectfully backs off and helps her keep studying.
when jonno was found to have half naked pictures of his girl, instead of beating the shit out of the guy, he just broke the guys camera (and the nicest thing he did was replace that camera with his own money and he didnt care if john knew it was him)
he didnt spray that shit, he just let his asshole friends spray it and he regretted it later.
steve peering in wasnt the same as taking pictures from the bushes. it wasnt creepy, it was teen boy visits teen girlfriend.

instead of running away when the monster came, he went back and helped.
even after getting his ass beat by john he recognized his own shittiness for saying what he did and went over to johns to apologize for pushing things too far.

try and name some unmitigated asshole things he did.

nah man, steve is a top bloke.

why would anybody want to watch an entire season of a monster-of-the-week x-files episode done by Spielberg?

yeah, it's very good

i feel like you two are using faggot differently.

faggot meaning a little bitch who lets people walk over then. jonathans a bit of a faggot at the start but does stand up for himself eventually.

i dont understand how steve doesnt deserve nancy though. they've been dating since before the show started. nancy has know johnathan for like what, several days? i mean in movies, people get together even though they only spend a few hours with each other but that doesnt make sense there and it doesnt make sense here.

this

dense people missed the really obvious character arc of him changing into a better person.

Maybe they didn't believe his character arc.

It's good for muh 80s and muh scifi camp

>he didn't believe that a monster attacking their town from another dimension could possibly change the way a character sees their world

wew lad

It was quite good, does not need a season 2 whatsoever though.

NOOOO

I'm not saying people didn't believe he could have an arc, simply that they might not have believed the specific arc we were shown. Just because a monster shows up to change his behaviour, that doesn't mean any given change is guaranteed to follow from that, and it's possible to find the changes shown less plausible than other possible changes or even no change at all.

>of course not
>people born in 1998 are old enough to use Cred Forums
Jesus christ, what happened?

but the monster didnt change his behavior.

he went to apologize to john before the monster showed up. all that becoming a better person shit was before the monster.

Time happened

Yes. The story is derivative but cast is talented and captivating.

Time sucks

Is this show about trannies or something? Every time I hear about it it's in the context of genderqueer nonsense and if that's what it's about I don't really want to waste my time.

No.

One of the characters is a bullied child and some SJWs got it in their heads the child (who is 12) must be gay. Then got butthurt when told no and that their fixation on the sexual identity of a child is creepy.

I don't remember any gender bullshit in the show.

i want to fuck that froggo

ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

please ban these motherfuckers

Needs more Bud Light Signs maybe a grittier camera so its not so clean looking . Storyline too lol.

Why he so cute bro

Can't help it. That is just his nature.

Would you prefer everyone to be in flared jeans, massive afros and tiedye bandannas, calling everything "radical"?

maybe

Rather Mike and Branfags than the loliscum honestly

Nah

The moment they showed the monster the series got worse by 30%.

I hope he jerks off on Omegle sometime soon like Tommen's actor.

Please don't taint froggo with your lewd thoughts

No lewd Froggo pls.

missing police chief would bring too much attention to the town.

i guess they could've easily staged a sudoku tho. especially given his past with the daughter and alcohol use.

F A L S E F L A G

Don't try to drag us through the mud just because you got called out, Lolifag. Just strive to be a better person.

I just want to know how big his dick is that's all

>missing police chief would bring too much attention to the town.

So would a young dead boy going full Lazarus, but they let that happen.

Why not just tweet him and ask?

It's worth watching because 11 is cute

arent they the same thing? just pedos? why are you fine with these ones

Enjoying an underage actors body of work =/= enjoying an underage actresses body

He already told you, it's about like this

>Enjoying an underage actors body of work

yup. sure appreciating his work

fuck all of you without exception.

That user said he was cute. And he is. That doesn't mean he wants to fuck him. Puppies are also cute, but most people don't want to fuck those either.

>tfw no new finnkino

CUTE!