>the best superhero movie isn't based off of a comic

>its directed by M. Night Shamalamadingdong

How did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=84TouqfIsiI
youtu.be/-waJsBs0eBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why wouldn't it happen?

Why is Moss in a wheelchair? I thought Roy was the one who was disabled.

>tfw no sequel for this

Still hurts

what the hell am I missing in this movie? Saw it was Tarantino's favorite, too

It really just seems like a mid-budget generic ass movie that happens to star 2 heavyweights and has a Shalamala twist before they got stale

Just a coinky-dinky.
What would it have been about?

>he doesn't understand what a big deal a superhero would be in the real world
Get out of my store.

of course I do, just Chronicle and the first 30 minutes of Hancock did it better

I wonder how much fun Hancock would've been if they hadn't fucked it up with le epic twist and shit.

someday I'll compile a list of great movies with butchered endings. I feel like AI, Interstellar and Sunshine would be in there

>that farted out twist ending
No. The Incredibles, Iron Man 1, The Dark Knight and Spider Man 2 are the best superhero films

Was Mr Glass the bad guy? I mean he was just trying to find superman thats why he did what he done

>the best superhero movie isn't based off of a comic

True

He's no more a villain that Ozymandias was in Watchmen.

That movie sucks dick and so do you OP.

The only thing that brought it down was the completely pointless and tacky "Where are they now" slides at the end.

Wrong

No he was just following details destiny

He killed thousands just for the off-chance that there might be someone out there with opposite physical conditions to a rare but well-known disease. Him being right doesn't make him any less of a villain.

10/10

wanna know how i know you two are plebs?

It's pretty great but you can't compare it to mainstream capeshit, you said it yourself it isn't based off a comic

What if millions of people get saved by the strength that was only discovered by his actions?

its because shamalan trys to blend what we all think super heroes are like with what they would be in reality.

who would really try to take over the whole world or dress in spandex to fight crime in real life.

same goes for the one with the lady in the pool

it was a take on the lady in the lake and what a "real life quest would be like"

not the hobbit shit lololol

no u

>What if
Murdering people based upon a distant hypothesis is pretty evil no matter what that hypothesis is, yo.

There's no sequel because of the shitty knockoff Heroes show.

I can't believe how overrated this movie is. I can see why it would have a cult following, but everyone ignores how retarded it actually is.

>I can't believe how overrated this movie is
>everyone ignores how retarded it actually is
Local contrarian says literally nothing of substance, more news at 8.

Vaccines and Medicine in general are evil knowing a certain portion of the population dies as a result?

Someone here compared Glassman to ozymandias.
Well, ozy killed millions to save billions from a nuclear war.
Samuel L. Glasson killed dozens of people to find a guy who is a discount luke cage. On top of that, all he accomplishes is saving two kids by doing stuff any random guy couf have done.
Also, how the fuck did a cripple sneak in an international airport and put a bomb on a plane? Jesus fuck.

>Glasson killed dozens of people
there wasn't just some dozens of victims but hundreds. but has true on that, that it's not equal.
But now it's proven, thet there exist people like BruceW, so there could pop up other heroes like him or using his blood to make vaccines... so saving more people than the victimss were.
(sorry for the bad english, but i think you will get what i mean)

>cripple sneak in
maybe they don't check the criples' shit as much
>his strengh is they're underestimating him

Every hero movie have three acts. The first when he gains power, the second to find the motivation to be a hero and the third the boss fight.

Unbreakable is only the first act and just started getting into the second act. A sequal would only be typical capeshit.

He proved nothing. His discovery will lead to jack shit because he's a psycho nutjib who's going to spend his life in prison, and I'm fairly sure bruce willis doesn't want to spend the rest of his life as a ratlab. And the final discovery left me with the impression that he's foing to give up on being a hero.

About the sneaking, I know that was pre 9/11 america, but I can't believe no one noticed the cripple noving around planes with a big box with him.

>the third the boss fight
>tfw no sequel in which the mc beats the living shit out of glassman on his wheelchair.

i had no idea M. Knight directed The Incredibles.

I thought that the whole point of the film was that it was rather ambiguous if Bruce Willis had any powers at all.

Umm, guys, I can't find the Batman for you plane scene....I'm scared...

Not the guy you're replying to but
>the gun scene
Need I say more?

why didn't bruce push him down some stairs?

That has one of the funniest lines I've heard

>no shooting friends billy!

Which part made it seem ambiguous?

Rumour has it it should have been a trilogy, with a new super villain and the hero visiting Mr Glass in prison to get some advice on how to catch the bad guy.

That he never actually uses a "power". The whole mind reading thing where he finds the janitor could well have been a coincidence just like the train survival and not being sick.

He never did anything that was actually superhuman. I thought that that was the whole point of the film. That he is a "real life" superhero sort of like that film Defendor where the retard things he actually has power so much that he ends up effectively fighting crime.

I never thought of it like this, interesting.

The flashback and the lifting scene prove beyond any doubt that he's got some kind of power.

Thanks for the inadvertent rec user, looks like a decent flick.

Willis was over 50 shooting film. Hes old, no chance sequel.

If sequel, then either Benicio Del toro, gary oldman or the rock would favorites for me be. Who would you?

Unsurprisingly, the Cred Forums tourists in this thread prefer movies like Avengers and Ironman

They asked SLJ about this and apparently he's really mad at shamalamadingdong for not making a sequel

I thought that the flashback was more him having convinced himself that he has powers than actually having any. He made a lucky guess and chose somebody who seemed suspicious.

The lifting thing could have been old man strength. The weights he was lifting aren't impressive in relation to what professionals lift. Of course it's very surprising that a man like him has that strength but not unbelievable.

The scene where his kid points the gun at him but doesn't shoot is what drove it home for me. It suggested that he doesn't actually have any powers and that the bullet would most likely have killed him or at least creates a lot of doubt.

At the same time Mr. Glass also isn't especially smart, rich or has any powers of his own. Everything he pulled off (crash a plane, train, etc.) has been done before by people a lot less capable than him.

If Brucie actually has superpowers than that film wasn't half as good. It was like Kickass but more realistic.
It's alright.

>Also, how the fuck did a cripple sneak in an international airport and put a bomb on a plane? Jesus fuck.
user, you obviously dont remember what air travel was like before 9/11.

It's for the best.

Enjoy the masterpiece that we have.

Bombing planes used to literally be easy as fuck. Go read up on terrorism on Wikipedia. It's almost lulzy how many planes used to get hijacked with all kinds of weapons.

You have a serious case of headcannon. Unbreakable is the most straightfoward movie M Night has ever done.

No, but it's still a too big plot convenienve to get a free pass. All they had to do was showing him paying someone to do it for him.

>faggots cannot help themselves and require sequels and prequels for everything shitting it all up

kys

Excuse me

>my interpretation is the only right one and if you don't agree you are clearly dumb

This is why we need /film/.

You are entirely clueless about all facets of storytelling
Please stop attempting to critique storylines

You cam convince yourself of whatever you want, but you don't have anything to bavk your theories up beside "i felt like/i think it was". Dude had powers, deal woth it. Super strenght, precog, and hard as fuck. There are plenty of proofs in the movie.

How is surviving impossible physical damage a coincidence?

All three of those things were present in unbreakable, though.

People have survived train and plane crashes.

Without a single scratch? not even a mark on their skin?

Not like that and people plural because usually there are either a bunch of survivors or none.

>muh fan theory, really makes you think
Next you'll be telling me there weren't any aliens in Signs or A.I.

>not a Dexter
>not a Duelist
>not a Robocop
Go back to your website.

They were demons user.

>"i felt like/i think it was"

Are you somehow implying that your interpration of a subjective media is based on facts?

The entire point of Unbreakable that it is an incredibly straight forward comic story told in real life people being retarded trying to work out Mr. Glasses motivation when the only motivation he needed is that he is the villain

No, he's saying you can't support your declarative statement of 'I believe this/I feel like this/I think this is the case' with any supporting evidence from that subjective media, mostly because the evidence you'd need isn't there.
This is one of those situations where's no wrong answer so long as any answer you give can be supported.

AI was androids or cyborgs, but yes they were demons in signs.

Next you are going to try to say the Villain in Rocky was Mickey.

what did he mean by this it make no sense

Dude did you see how much he was lifting? He had superhuman strength it couldnt have been more obvious you whiney fucking CUNT

I did not critique anything you pretentius asshole. I just explained the basic plots of how hero movies are built up. I'm sorry it did not follow your standard of pretentius bullshit.

clarify

Maybe because comics are trash for kids.

Also it's still an ok flick with a shitty ending at best and '66 Batman is better.

Sam L Jackson is a supergenius he will escape
Bruce will not give up.
But M. Night should never make a sequel. Never ever. Whatever talent he had in 2000 is long gone.

>Well, ozy killed millions to save billions from a nuclear war.
There was no risk of nuclear war in Watchmen, the only reason they thought there would be one was because Manhattan couldn't see the future past a certain point. This was revealed later on to be a trick from Ozymandias who sent tachyons into the future to block Manhattan's future sight, making everyone think it was an impending nuclear war.

>There was no risk of nuclear war during the cold war
Fucking what?

unbreakable is pretty good but watchmen is the best superhero movie

>There was no risk of nuclear war in Watchmen
Dude

He means the comic, not the movie, I think.

The movie is basically the same.

> AI

This is the fastest way to spot a pleb

Except the final plot device isn't a giant squid, but a nuclear bomb which is a pretty big exception for the prospect of international nuclear war.

What has that anything to do with the cold war? That was ozy's plan to prevent the nuclear annihilation.

there was one guy who survived being in one of the towers on 9/11, he says he "surfed" the debris down

That was legolas user, the movie was only called the two towers.

>Flashbacks show David Dunn what's happening with the Orange Man invading a house
>Goes to house & its exactly what the flashback showed
>Just a coincidence

Leave now. David's powers were explainable in the real world (ESP, super strength, hardened bones/muscles to protect him from trauma, super immune system, etc), but that still doesn't mean he didn't have powers & couldn't fuck your average Joe up.

Anybody that had the collection of these powers could indeed become a real life superhero & do some real good, and that's what he ended up doing.

>Whatever talent he had in 2000 is long gone.
we will see in that skizophrenic movie he's doing with McAvoy youtube.com/watch?v=84TouqfIsiI

That was a lady and it turns out she was never even there.
I think the documentary I saw was called, "the woman who wasn't there" but basically she was an attention whore who pretended to have been there and actually organized some victims groups. It's a sad story really.

Should do a follow up doc with steve ranazizi and call it "the man who wasnt there"

no there was a guy whos story checks out, he made it to the 22nd floor when the building collapsed..

has bad survivors guilt because all his coworkers died

>when Willis emerges out of the pool into the rain with his jacket billowing like a cape
Legitimate fucking cinematic gold

I'm convinced I was the first person to ever say "shamalamadingdong" and started that

Unironically kill yourself.

>we will see

You can't keep saying that

>it was rather ambiguous if Bruce Willis had any powers at all.
How is it possible to be this dense? You're like those retards that think the machine didn't work in The Prestige.

That's one of the best shots in cinematic history.

youtu.be/-waJsBs0eBQ

Bruce Willis' character is an experiment sent to Earth by the aliens in Signs.
Both have supernatural strength and weakness to water.

me too

But the Aliens in Signs are really demons, you can't explain that

Why was his weakness water?

add eagle eye to the list

fuck you nigger, it was directed by paul verhoeven, its called robocop.

He could drown, that's it, are you stupid?

>almost every super hero has a weakness
>had a near death experience with water as a kid

Extreme bone & muscle mass makes him sink (part of why he was unbreakable).

title cards at the end sort of ruin it, fucking test audiences!

Yes.

ahem, excuse me

underage gtfo

A sequel would defeat the purpose of the movie

nigga even if I was 11 the time this shit came out I would be 23 now

For some reason I like Firestarter even if its just decent at best.

Though I wonder if it can be consider a superhero movie.

Just finished it
Very good cinematography, score and storytelling.
The ending left me a bit wanting for something more, but that's maybe because I knew the tweeest beforehand.

Shame Shyamalan got dissed so hard for Avatar. Really hope he'll bounce back again because he's very talented. His filmmaking is much more than mere twists.

I think this movie is brilliant except for the last bit where Shyalaman explains with TEXT what happened to the characters afterwards, like they were real people.

Very pretentious, but everything before that was excellent.

For a solid superhero movie you guys should check out Boy Wonder. It's violent as fuck and probably impossible to find, but it's good.

Agreed. It felt very off from the rest of the film

You must be insufferable at get togethers.

>tfw jackson says "you know whats terrifying? Walking up not knowing your place in the world".

He wasnt really bad he just needed closure so bad he was literally willing to do anything to find it.

literally did nothing wrong

fuck off

>implying he was even born before 9/11

>that music score

manly super hero tears