Went in expecting a horror movie, got a romance movie instead

Went in expecting a horror movie, got a romance movie instead.

What are some other movies/flicks/cinema/kino that kinda switch genres or hide their second genre? Romance, preferably.

I love this movie

the goat

Frank

those kids were brutal

Audition, I guess?
Starts as a romance; albeit formed on false pretenses but the guy genuinely falls for her and it's the entire first hour of the film.
Then she leaves and it's a missing person/secret past mystery thriller for the next 20 or 30 minutes or so.

And then torture happens.

Love And Other Drugs.

Click is the most obvious one I can think of.

Click has no right to be as sad as it is.

>he thinks that was romance

Pro tip: one day that kid will get old and the eunuch vampire will discard him as he did all the others before him.

this

vanilla sky

Gone Girl was pretty good at this.
>Tfw if you had a girlfriend as psychotic as her you'd probably kill yourself instantly once you found out the truth.

From Dusk til Dawn is the obvious choice here. Also Cloverfield has a love story in there (not as much as I'd like, I think the genre switching thing is neat)

I suppose this fits.

Is a vampire movie, vampires are romantic... from the first movie/book to the last.
whatch more movies.

I wouldn't say Audition really ever starts as a romance. It's just a salaryman looking for a homemaker through dubious methods, there's never any real feeling of intimacy between them.

Has a typical horror movie set up, then becomes a thriller, then becomes an action movie.

Spring
Although I think its the oposite

cloverfield is garbage, not a horror movie and not a movie

this was so good, i dindn't know hiddleson could act

Eastern Promises
Maps to the Stars

This is top stuff.