USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D

Were there any other ships in Starfleet that got recycled names with letter suffixed registry numbers? If not, what made the Enterprise so special? I know Kirk & co. were a pretty prolific crew but taking all Star Trek series into account as a whole, those kinds of adventures seemingly went on all the time on every ship.

Also Star Trek General I suppose since there isn't one right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs
picard.ytmnd.com/
trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/heres-where-the-franklin-fits-in-the-star-trek-timeline/
strawpoll.me/11453216
strawpoll.me/10177623
youtube.com/watch?v=z3rXoJdu_Ek
google.com/search?q="warp engines" site:chakoteya.net
google.com/search?q="warp engine" site:chakoteya.net
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsejet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamic_drive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm leaning towards there being at least one or two, such as the Excelsior iirc but I DO know that all of Starfleet adopted the Enterprise's mission patch because apparently it was the only one of the original 12 Constitution Class Starships to return intact from its five year mission.

I wonder if the new series will remember that each ship had its own mission patch up until sometime before TMP

The Enterprise was the flagship of Starfleet.

The D was flagship but I think the A B & C were just regular ships of the line so what about them?

it's because the enterprise is famous to US the audience, but it was never the USS SPACE JESUS

was this a registry number that needed to be told?

>was this a registry number that needed to be told?

sorry could you reiterate? I don't understand

>tfw I had that poster on my wall as a kid

I'd be very surprised if they do remember.

>everyone on board has quarters that are basically large luxury apartments

you mean the senior staff ..

I know it's difficult to get itno starfleet academy but honestly why would anyone enlist? For al his experience O'Brien was still every green Lieutenant's bitch. Personally I would just use my monthly replicator rations to piece-by-piece print off my own run-a-bout then go off to do whatever I wanted without any officers ordering me around as though they actually paid me.

>had
I still do, I keep it in my spare bedroom.

well in adulthood, some of us prefer to have sex with women in our bedroom

O'briens rank never made any sense at all anyways

he had the responsibilities of an officer

he had top tier quarters too, although probably gets some kind of family allotment

>not finding a qt nerd gf that will do TNG cosplay in the bedroom
mine is and does. I'm sorry for your loss at life.

he's like a Chief Petty Officer, non commissioned but for all intents and purposes he's an officer.

>tfw the girl you like is dating someone who's black on their left side

I don't think they did the letter registry like the Enterprise, but there have been multiple of the USS Defiant

wrong franchise

No, the DS9 Defiant has an NX registry because it was a prototype ship.

>I am allowed to preserve my racial purity because there is so few of us left

>we jews nao

>We always been jews

but he's not racially pure himself, half human.

Vulcans aren't Jews!!! They're South Vietnamese and the Romulans are North Vietnamese. They look alike to us but one is friendly and the other isn't.

>They're South Vietnamese Jews and the Romulans are North Vietnamese Jews.

Asian people eat way too much pork to ever convert to Jew

Plus, the Jews fears the Samurai.

The number thing was stupid as hell. It is the name that is important.

Take a look at the US Navy:

CV-6 USS Enterprise
CVN-65 USS Enterprise
CVN-80 USS Enterprise

It will be the ninth ship named Enterprise, but only the carriers are important because that it what Roddenberry named his after.

OP doesn't know about the long road, and getting from there to here.

I had that poster on my wall as a kid

does the navy at least have any kind of tradition about adding a suffix to a ship's registry if it receives a significant enough refit like the 1701-A?

I don't know about the Navy, but the Airforce does.

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs

None whatsoever.

Refitting a ship with the same name and mission would have the same number. You had things like the AC-3 USS Jupiter being refitted as the CV-1 USS Langley. New name. New mission.

See . Chiefs are completely different to your standard non-coms. Actually if you're some ensign fresh from the Academy, the NCOs are still much more experienced than you are, and probably mates with some of the more senior staff, so you don't really go around throwing your '''''rank''''' around.

Who seriously accepts ENT as canon?

The JJ Trek movies certainly didn't.

Everyone but you.

It would not be wise to do so however you would be well within your right to do so if you wanted. You would officially outrank him even as an Ensign. Yeah the NCOs are more experienced but it is very common for the new guy, especially when he is in a position of power however small, to think he knows more than he actually does and ignore the experience of their subordinates.

And get promptly shot down

but romulans were like a distant colony, so far away they didn't even know what they were up to for years

Just like the jews!

I don't.

The writers fucked up with O'Brien all the time. Like that dumb episode with Worf on trial, they had him claiming that if Worf had been taken out, he would have taken command of the Defiant.

Why wouldn't he have? He was the most experienced officer on the bridge

Eh it's not like they didn't forgot about fleet part of starfleet in the TNG movies.

>Enterprise on test flight in the solar system
>only ship that can respond to a distress call

You know what they say, ask autistic questions, receive autistic answers:

The number suffix was unique to the Enterprise (in canon works at least, I dunno much about the books), but re-using the name of destroyed or decommissioned ships happens a lot:

>Ahwahnee (NCC-2048, NCC-71620)
>Antares (NCC-501, NCC-9844)
>Bellerophon (NCC-62048, NCC-74705)
>Challenger (NCC-2032, NCC-71099)
>Constellation (NCC-1017, NX-1974, NCC-55817)
>Copernicus (NCC-640, NCC-58637)
>Defiant (NCC-1764, NX-74205, Unknown - The replacement one near the end of DS9)
>Drake (Unknown - Mentioned as MIA in TNG: Arsenal of Freedom, Unknown - Mentioned as damaged in the Dominion war in DS9: Apocalypse rising)
>Endeavour (NCC-1895, NCC-25330, NCC-39272, NCC-71805)
>Excalibur (NCC-1664, NCC-26517)
>Excelsior (NCC-2000, NCC-21445)
>Exeter (NCC-1672, NCC-26531)
>Farragut (Unknown - Kirk's first command, NCC-60597, Unknown - Excelsior class)
>Grissom (NCC-638, Unknown - The previous one was destroyed in Star Trek 3)
>Hood (NCC-1703, NCC-42296)
>Intrepid (NCC-1631, NCC-38907)
>Lexington (NCC-1709, NCC-30405)
>Merrimac (NCC-1715, NCC-61827)
>Potemkin (NCC-1657 - Constitution class, Unknown - Excelsior class)
>Prometheus (NCC-71201, NX-59650)
>Reliant (NCC-1864, Unknown - The previous one was destroyed in Star Trek 2)
>Saratoga (NCC-1887, NCC-31911 - Sisko's ship that was destroyed at Wolf 359, Unknown - Replacement for the previous Saratoga)
>Thomas Paine (NCC-65530, NCC-63549)
>Valiant (NCC-74210, NCC-75418)
>Yeager (NCC-61947, NCC-65674)
>Yorktown (Unknown - 23rd century, NX-74751 - 24th century)

>officer
Never post again.

Non
Commissioned
Officer

Rank of Chief

If it weren't against environmental regulations, I'd have you thrown out the nearest airlock, son.

On theEnterprise those were probably Keiko's quarters. She was a scientist while he was head transporter button pusher #24.

>Non
>Commissioned
>Officer

So he cannot take command of the ship over multiple officers.

NEVER
EVER
EVER

You guys are all dreaming. The newest officer can tell the oldest most powerful NCO ever to jump and that mother fucker is going to jump. He *has to* do it.

A real officer might make him pay for it later, because they take care of their NCOs, they're still the closest thing to a slave caste we have right now. Enlisted are enlisted no matter what.

O'potato couldn't take command of his own shit. He's not an officer.

>Who seriously accepts ENT as canon?

Why not? As far as I'm concerned the current cannon goes a little something like this,

In order of shit happening:

>Next Gen fucks with time
>Fight Borg
>We all have Faith
>Spock comes back in time to die of old age even sooner

>New movies are here

The other stuff merely informs what's now canon. As far as I'm concerned none of the nineties tv shows actually happened anymore.

Even as early as TOS, Janice Rand (like O'Brien, a senior NCO) and Garrovick, a green ensign, were shown to have full quarters to themselves that rivaled the command staff (Garrovick may have had a roommate housed in the far side of his quarters, but it's impossible to tell). Nicholas Meyer's Hornblower-boner showed crews bunked in a barracks-like environment in ST6, but that seems at odds with the general depiction of crew housing in Starfleet.

Same reason people enlist rather than attend the military academies today. And green lieutenants who go around busting the chops of senior chiefs probably don't make it very far in life.

It's a mon-keigh hybrid, tho.

It makes sense for every single person in Starfleet to have amazing spacious quarters because the crew counts are so low. The Enterprise D for example has many times the volume of a modern aircraft carrier, but a fifth of the compliment.

picard.ytmnd.com/

This opinion which you keep restating isn't supported by the show.

>Fuck you, Engisn, you aren't getting the part

>t. Willoughby

while you're correct that the Enterprise D could hold upto something like 7000 passengers and Roddenberry said something to the effect of "eh we don't have enough extras for that so let's just say there's 1100" Didn't that lower decks episode show the lesser ranks sharing quarters?

Even on the flagship, lower ranks don't have their own rooms

>Promote me, please, so I can make lieutenant, and have my own room
-Lower Decks

The Chief is superior to faggy Ensigns, deal with it.

>This opinion which you keep restating isn't supported by the show.

It is supported by every single military on the planet though. So. Feel free to find me a single example of your fantasy land where NCOs can disregard an officer.

The same episode I was referencing. If Ensigns could override Chiefs, O'Brien could have got Nog to override Willoughby in Treachery, Faith and the Great River instead of using a convoluted plan to trade someone else for it.

Or Sisko for that matter, the Chief told him first.

This would never happen, because the only officers in Star Fleet that abuse their power are Admirals.

Do the letters and numbers mean anything or are they just made up?

>If Ensigns could override Chiefs

Ensigns can override chiefs. That's just a cast iron fact. Deal with it. That ensign will have to explain himself to someone eventually but enlisted everywhere no matter the grade answer to every officer period.

That's the way it just is.

And why the fuck the ship would need all those people?
All that is required from what we see is like 5 people on the bridge, 2 to maybe 5 in engineering, someone on the transporter, one doc with a nurse or two and that's pretty much it?

>because the only officers in Star Fleet that abuse their power are Admirals.

They just don't show enough enlisted to prove this. We don't see what life on the starship is like for Seamen Seamus the Semen swabber for holodeck 15. Random officers can swing by his quarters once a week to make sure he's keeping his replicator clean and inspect his bed to make sure it's made *just right*.

NCC is a standard starship, NX is an experimental design, the numbers are just incremental counters.

Then why didn't he?

The ship cleans itself - TNG: Up The Long Ladder

there probably is some retroactive meaning but no they're just made up but I was just re-watching Forbidden Planet which Star Trek draws heavy influence from and I noticed that 1701, which is the serial number of the Enterprise, comes from the clock mark 17:01 when the C57D enters orbit around Altair IV (Altair system being the one the Enterprise visits in the first system of TOS BTW)

Huh. Interesting thanks.

Do different classes have different letters?

Like a freighter would have a different code than a Corvette or something? I have no idea about Trek universe just dropped in and asking a few questions. Always like it when series' cover in universe shit like that.

I'm not saying that they can't. Just that they won't. Everyone below the rank of Admiral is a paragon of virtue, or ends up being a traitor/psychopath.

Well I guess real life just surpassed the hotel Enterprise D, because on the newly comissioned heavily automated USS Zumwalt, all officers get their own rooms and even the lowest enlisted are 4 to a room.

NCC means it's a Starfleet ship. All ships get that, from Runabouts to their biggest starships.

Huh, all right then. Thanks for the info. Enjoy your thread friend.

Not really. Starfleet doesn't really operate freighters, they have shuttlecraft and only ones above a certain size are important enough to get a registry designation (e.g., the shuttlecraft on the Enterprise don't have numbers, but the larger runabouts with higher warp capability on DS9 do), the grunt-work type missions are usually done by old starships which have no tactical value but are still functional.

>Then why didn't he?

He's a pussy? I can't remember this episode. Hell, I might not have watched it.

There's reasons an enlisted man *can* tell an officer no about certain things. That's enlisted man's senior NCO-ness is not one of them.

If say a CPL in company Q's armory refuses to give a weapon to some lt. he's never seen before. He's doing so not because he has the rank to do so, its because the overriding orders from his officer or from his chain of command precludes this. He can also refuse an illegal order.

That random lt can swing by and have him do jumping jacks until he pukes though. The problem though is that when the CPL's company commander hears about this, he's coming for that lt and he's going to demand a pretty damned good reason for why this happened. And he'd better have that good reason too.

The writers of Beyond.

Beyond brings up Enterprise concepts (e.g. Xindi, MACOs) but doesn't actually match Enterprise's continuity. There was no Xindi War for Krall to be a veteran of, and it says he got the first Warp 4 ship after the formation of the Federation, when Enterprise establishes the first Warp 5 ship was built before the Federation.

>There was no Xindi War for Krall to be a veteran of
How come? The timelines diverge on Kirk's birthday.

Don't care that this is old, my autism demands that I point out that the 1701-A wasn't a refit, she was just a new model connie.

??? Kirk was born in the 23rd century. This supposed Xindi War happened in the 22nd century.

does beyond say when the ship was built? because it could have been a united earth ship that got absorbed into the ferderation's starfleet, much like how black villian was a maco who was absorbed into starfleet
so the xindi war would not have been affected?

Yes, that's what I mean. Since the point of divergence between the two timelines is AFTER the Xindi war happened, why would there be no Xindi war for Krall to be a veteran of?

Did you watch the movie? They say the Franklin was a new ship he got.

Ok, you're just a fucking troll. Last response you get. There was no fucking Xindi War in Enterprise. All you had was the NX-01 going alone to sort out the ship. So therefore Beyond has a different continuity.

>All you had was the NX-01 going alone to sort out the ship.
That's what the "Xindi War" in Beyond means. The implication is that Krall served as a MACO on the NX-01 during season 3 of Enterprise.

While any officer outranks them, if Starfleet is anything like current military; ordering a chief around as an ensign or lieutenant would be a one way ticket to getting your shit pushed in by your superiors.

If you want the official explanation on the Franklin and it’s warp factor: it was a M.A.C.O. ship (or a United Earth Starfleet ship that housed M.A.C.O. personnel at times) that predates the NX-01. When the UFP Starfleet is formed, M.A.C.O. was disbanded and the ship was reclassified as a Starfleet ship [with the USS identifier]. The ship is then “lost” in the early 2160’s.It was important to everyone that the ship, like Edison, predate the Federation; that thematically, the ship mirrored an earlier time in history and served as a bridge in design between then and the NX-01.Doug [Jung] and Simon [Pegg] may have worked up something [on an official launch date], but if they did it never made it to script or screen. Either way it predates the NX-01, and was reclassified after the UFP is formed.
trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/heres-where-the-franklin-fits-in-the-star-trek-timeline/

>huge amount of science staff
>far more than 5 engineers required, that's only the ones wandering around engineering, you'd need a lot more to maintain every system on a ship that size
>sizable security staff

Keep in mind that the Enterprise D has a well above average amount of crew as well.

Pretty sure Intrepid and Farragut have also been recycled, they have just never been center stage.

Defiant was the most obvious though considering there are at least 3 that are known.

Enterprise became flagship after the Enterprise was the only one of the ten constitution classes that survived the 5 year mission in TOS.

>you'd need a lot more to maintain every system on a ship that size
Considering that fucking Data and Geordi, both lieutenant commanders, had to do fucking maintenance, the E-D clearly didn't have a huge engineering staff.

i never watched much TOS, is this actually true?

Most of the time Geordi was shown supervising other people's maintenance, and Data is somewhat of a special case with the lack of need for sleep or recreation. And they generally weren't shown fixing the replicator that broke on deck 7 every week or whatever. In the end though, you obviously need to give at least some leeway to the show needing give it's characters something to do.

>it was the only one of the original 12 Constitution Class Starships to return intact from its five year mission.
Is this definitely canon?

I rewatched Relics recently and in the holodeck bridge with Scotty Picard says he's been on a Constitution class they keep at the Fleet Museum. Surely if it was the Enterprise he'd have said so.

no refit, the A uses the superstructure of the TOS Enterprise

It's true that the Enterprise was the only one of the Constitution Class Starships to return from the five year mission which is why all of Starfleet adopted the Enterprise Mission Patch as its insignia but I don't know of any Enterprise being referred to as the "flag ship" other than the D (maybe E?)

Because the personnel on board were allowed to bring their families along since they would be away from home for years, as well as non-officers and support staff.

You're in minority now bro.

So I'm watching DS9 season 6 and I just realized that this nigga is the Smithers to Dukat's Monty Burns. He's so closet-gay for his boss I'm embarrassed for him. He HATES Kira because Dukat has nose-ridge fever and isn't a gay.

forgot pic related

omg, this so so much on point.

gul dukat is a great man tho

He realizes this later on.

how do you know they were decommissioned? and not just have the name be used twice on different types of ships. is that explained?

Or is that by the NCC? why does it jump like 1000x?

The Defiant is used twice on two separate ships, and the second instance was in an alternate universe episode of Enterprise, where I think that defiant was either Constitution class or a rough equivalent in terms of capability.

DS9's Defiant is just a tough little murdership.

the defiant in star trek enterprise was the defiant from tos the tholian web, thats why it had all the info on the prime universe federation and archer

because that would just be confusing

I feel like they ran out of ship names before they ran out of ship models.

Captains Log Stardate: 44444.444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444

They're explicitly described as separate timelines.

>both timelines have ENT in it
>this leads people to thinking they're linked

Is it too soon to say that Dukat did nothing wrong?

Dukat died for Dukat's sins.

Which is weird because they are all the English words for Earth concepts, Earth place-names, Earth historical figures, or previous ships in the American and British naval forces.

There are tens of thousands of unexplored choices for Earth-based named alone, and that is before you even get into Vulcan names or Andorian names or Tellarite names or Bolian names or names of any other member species.

>tfw thanks to Spock, Dukat probably never existed to begin with, so this is unquestionably true
>tfw J.J. is literally a meme director

so why did they reuse the name if it wasnt in line of succession?

Those films don't exist user

Flag ship in Star Trek is a meaningless phrase.

Those people are wrong.
The movie that introduces the new timeline explains that it's just a parallel universe.
It's how fucking SPOCK visits.

I came up with a theory on timelines that goes against what every Star Trek character has said about time travel but might be in line with what the truth really is. All possibilities exist simultaneously, but what the perceiver sees is based on their own subjective time-lines causality. Time-travel events that "change" or "collapse" a timeline don't destroy that timeline so much as they move the perceiver into the timeline where those events are true.

So the original timeline is still in-tact, and the planet inhabited with the Defiant's descendants is still a flourishing colony. However, in an alternate timeline, Earth is still assimilated by the borg. You win some, you lose some.

"No."

>had
>spare bedroom
>sex with women

I have mine (slightly different version, not sure what size the OP is but mine is twice the size of a normal poster) in my living room above the tv, its the center focus of the room and the first thing you see when you enter my apartment. When I bring someone by to fuck, they usually run over to look at it before we head to the bedroom... Im a total faggot though so I'm allowed to be cool instead of hiding my power level to impress dumb bitches.

You know what I always wanted to know?

So let's go down the list.
Enterprise: Self-destructed
Enterprise A: ????
Enterprise B: Destroyed in battle
Enterprise C: Destroyed in battle
Enterprise D: Crashed on planet
Enterprise E: Lost in temporal anomaly (Questionably canon)

So what the hell happened to the A?

Is it in dry-dock in whatever the Federation's version of the Smithsonian is?

When was it (canon answers only) established the Enterprise B was destroyed in battle?

you stupid retard. spock went back in time after the altrnet universe was already created by nero arriving first.

As far as I know, all that is stated in canon is that it was "Decomissioned".
Also as says, I don't think we have any sources claiming the Enterprise B was destroyed.
It had a nasty hull breach, but those happen all the time.

I think you got these backwards.

Nevermind, I got it confused with the C.

According to Memory Alpha;
>2329 - Lost (presumed destroyed) after the crew reports contracting an unknown infection.

>According to Memory Alpha;
According to the section "Apocrypha" aka non-canon.

clearly each race provides something different for the Federation. Earth's contribution is the wholesale military structure and ship complement. Other races provide things like the holodeck/replicator technology/logic/etc.

Eh, it's better than no answer.

Either way, it feels weird that there's so little information about the final resting place of the A, one of the single most prolific and historically impactful ships in all of Starfleet

C got sucked through time, got sent back, and was destroyed defending some Klingons from some Romulans. It's how Yar got captured by the Romulans in the past to give birth to Sela.

I presume that the Enterprise-B had an uneventful tour of duty full of star charting and first contact missions that didn't involve any time travel, alternate universes, omniscient alien gods, full-scale war, or other unusual phenomena outside of that one brush with the Nexus.

The Enterprise's sister ship the USS Yamato that showed up once or twice had a letter suffix as well, if I remember right.

Something like NCC-1605-E

>According to Star Trek Encyclopedia (3ed. p.569), the initial NCC-1305-E registry number was a production mistake. It was given to the Yamato by the episode writer Jack B. Sowards who was unaware of the registry numbering scheme developed for Star Trek: The Next Generation. Michael Okuda had intended to correct the number, as he had already finished the decals for the saucer section of the model for "Contagion", but as the scene was removed from an intermediate draft, he dropped the issue, only to find out the scene had been re-added later on to the final draft, which Okuda realized after the episode had aired.

The very same superstructure? The one that exploded and plummeted above Genesis planet?

Also I'm pretty sure the Constitution Refit is a new class entirely, simply too much is different about it.

No bully USS Pizzacutter

Meant to post this too.

no wonder i hate the bajorans so much. muh-muh 15 gorillion. its hilarious

the USS Pizza Cutter?

Yes its an oversized poster. I also have mine mounted to a Styrofoam backing

No the Superstructure that was part of the Enterprise from TOS from movies 1-3 which has the A suffix. The Enterprise in movies 4-6 is some other Constitution Class they just gave the name Enterprise to which is why nobody cares about its resting place. It was just a copy used for a few missions before being decommissioned at the end of Star Trek VI

I hate myself for knowing this.
The Enterprise A was called the USS Ti-Ho NCC 1798 before they renamed it.

No, the Enterprise doesn't have an A suffix in 1-3.

No, books aren't canon.

>No, books aren't canon.

But, but it says it is based on the logs of Montgomery Scott.

Scout ships and destroyers are in the technical manuals for classic trek.

ok so the holodeck is able to comfortably fit large amounts of people and things within a finite space through some sort of techno magic

so why not make the whole ships small and sleek, but with completely holodeck interiors?

There is technically a limit to how many people can be stuffed in a room. They have to have room to swing their arms freely. As for using them as the standard interior for say a shuttlecraft, it's not a new idea to fans but it's something the writers don't seem to have come up with.

I thought the Enterprise A was previously the USS Yorktown, another Constitution that was crippled by the Probe in ST4.

Or is that some kind of book material as well?

If you make the ship a holodeck then your ship is fucked when the program malfunctions.

Also, Star Trek is post-scarcity so ships don't need to be small, and Star Trek is in space so ships don't need to be sleek.

that is some kitbash horseshit. If there's no stardrive section then attach the nacelle directly to the saucer and nacelles work in pairs

>inb4 but muh dreadnaught

those look ridiculous too.

"I may have gone too far in a few places." - Rick Berman on the Future Enterprise

1701-D > 1701-E

I agree wholeheartedly.

Even I'm not autistic enough to play Star Trek pen & paper RPGs but I do know those dreadnaughts are popular with the fasa crowds so the stupid three nacelle concept may have preceded All Good Things.

Given the existence of ships with 1 or 3 nacelles, I guess it is an easy assumption that a 2-nacelle ship should be capable of moving at warp even if you lop one of them off in battle.

I think they're supposed to work in pairs. Outside of fan kitbashes, that alternate future timeline from All Good Thing and the JJverse I'm hard pressed to think of any ship in the Star Trek universe that only had one warp engine. Romulan ships, Klingon Ships, Fernengi ships, Cardassian Ships, even the Phoenix was a two nacelle design which leads me to believe that conceptually two are needed to generate a stable warp bubble around a spacecraft.

I dunno man. D is hella ugly from a fair amount of angles.

E isn't perfect but it's improved. And I dig the Excelsior influence.

The best Enterprise is C

Excelsior a shit.

>nacelles don't connect directly to the stardrive
>nacelles connect to a bulbous tictac pimple on the backside
Ew.

I figured that was a given. You mean it's not, and people think it's not?

Excelsior is a big strong ship

Imposing. Majestic.

>Fuck you Rick Berman!

Kirk's success is legendary. It's canon that he held the record for first contacts until Voyager was whisked into the Delta Quadrant.
What's not canon is any of the EU shit about why it's insignia spread. Honestly it's just a retcon, there's never been an on screen reason given.

Dukat fucking loses it after his daughter dies though.
Relative to other occupationists Dukat was a good guy but that's not a very high bar and it definitely went to his head even before the daughter thing.

Patrician as fuck taste

thank you for repeating what i said

didn't Dukat mention having lots of children, half a dozen or more? Why did he give such a fuck about his half Bajoran daughter. He should have just shrugged and said "I have the hammer and the anvil to make more and better daughters"

I won't lie, C is a good looking boat.

If I recall, the old Constitution class had an advantage over the later ships in their power to consumption ratio. Kirk's Enterprise was a muscle car with an oversized engine. Granted Kirk was always burning out dilithium by driving too fast, so something was maybe flawed in the dilithium chamber design, but it was still considered to be more powerful than later ships when you simply had a task that could only be solved by dumping more energy on it.

C and D are abortions.

The Excelsior class looks like a newer bigger and svelter evolution of technology. It's the perfect evolution of the Constitution class.
Ambassador and Galaxy are just fat fucks. They bare only superficial resemblance to what came before.
Sovereign class was the first good looking enterprise in 20 years.

I can't find anything in your post that I am willing to agree with.

The best part is that both versions of the Ambassador class are great designs.

Enterprise D is a flying potato.
I've hated it since before I even had the words to express hatred. My mom bought me a model when I was three years old and I couldn't contain my disappointment that it was the D rather than the Refit or A. It doesn't look like some thing that wooshes through Galaxy discovering new worlds. It looks like a floating shopping mall.

Agree or disagree with this, but if I could refurbish an old ship to be my personal space RV, I think a Miranda Class ship would be pretty sweet. It's a fairly compact and efficient looking setup.

I don't know which mall you do your shopping but the D is a fine design and personally I like it way better than the B or E, it doesn't look anything like a potato, it looks like a cobra

meh, Miranda's are fine I should know because that qt nerd gf who'll do Star Trek roleplay for me mentioned in is a Miranda but if compact design is your thing then I think the Ranger Class is a better execution of that concept.

Ranger looks odd with that layout.

You think so? I think it looks sexy af for a TOS era ship.

Was it really his?

I don't care for the lower pod dangling from the saucer. Why move the engines if not for a chance to delete that section of the ship?

>how do you know they were decommissioned? and not just have the name be used twice on different types of ships. is that explained?
You can usually tell by the class. Except in cases of ships getting damaged beyond repair, entire classes of starships are retired at the same time. Every ship of the following classes which survived its entire mission was decommissioned:

>Constellation
>Constitution
>Daedalus
>Federation
>Miranda

There are a few other classes of starships manufactured since the 23rd century which are basically retired but have a few active vessels left that stayed in service due to emergencies (e.g. The Borg and The Dominion), such as the Excelsior and Oberth classes.

Plus, the names of starships were always referred to as The X, even though none of them had a "The" in their name, if their multiples you'd expect to hear at least one of these conversations:

>We're meeting The Drake
>Oh, which one?

>Or is that by the NCC? why does it jump like 1000x?
>Starfleet doesn't really operate freighters, they have shuttlecraft and only ones above a certain size are important enough to get a registry designation (e.g., the shuttlecraft on the Enterprise don't have numbers, but the larger runabouts with higher warp capability on DS9 do)
When they started numbering runabouts, the registry numbers went crazy because every nearly every starbase had a few of them.

sure, half asians always looks more asian than white

5th time thru the tng era

I fucking love the modular style design used by the Nebula class, it makes sense to have a design of starship which can be easily modified, and I don't have a problem with the high-warp version which has an extra nacelle module. I agree that one wouldn't work, but I don't see why if you have the stability of two you can't add a third just to work as a booster.

The USS Sutherland in the picture had a photon torpedo launcher module, and we've seen a subspace antenna design, we never saw the warp one but I'm sure it exists.

>Honestly it's just a retcon, there's never been an on screen reason given.
There may not be one on-screen but it's not too difficult to work out why. The reason is the combadge. If they kept ship insignia ones, they'd have to keep a stock of specially made combadges on every ship, transferring would mean swapping out your badge, and then what design do you use for Starfleet personnel not serving aboard a starship?

Those considerations weren't in place when everyone had flip-top phones.

It seems pointless to decommission ships which while old could still be perfectly serviceable for cargo transport, research missions, being orbital observation platforms / basic defense / emergency evacuation for remote colonies or heck even Earth since the Enterprise seems to be the only ship in the sector whenever anything goes wrong. Seems more useful than stripping them of vital components then mothballing them until some war game between Riker and the planet of the gays.

Wow, it wasn't on screen for that long so I never noticed how nice that thing looks. Makes me want a show set on one of them.

>there is no T6 Nebula
being a Science Officer is suffering.

I don't think I care for the Nebula from that angle. Same basic reason I don't care for the Ranger. Get rid of that lower body section and I can dig it as just a clean saucer with engines.

Let's answer this once and for all.

strawpoll.me/11453216

It depends on the spaceframe whether a ship can be upgraded to operate as efficiently as the new ships.
It's like taking the old diesel carriers and upgrading them to nuclear power. Could that be done? Yes. Is it cheaper just to build new vessel classes? Yes.

Even the Excelsior class vessels that exists on the venerable spaceframe well into the 24th century, when you look at their registry numbers they aren't refits, they're new ships. Just economics.

We already have an Enterprise theme song poll.

strawpoll.me/10177623

It's a nice enough song I guess. I'm not gonna sit around listing to it on my stereo, but neither do I irrationally plug my ears when the show starts. Not really used to a theme with lyrics.

nice theory but incorrect, Starfleet had universally adopted the Enterprise's missions patch for their uniforms as early as the Star Trek movies era where they otherwise still used handheld communicators.

The Feddies may be post-scarcity but they still have a manufacturing process. Keeping older designs in circulation means they're more difficult to repair as they use old parts which may be more difficult to replace (remember, not everything can be replicated), and they may require special knowledge to work on that makes finding Engineers difficult (Imagine they still used Constitution classes, you'd need someone with Scotty's knowledge which is nearly a century out of date). And you'd have to fix design problems you learned about later, which can mean refitting the entire fleet.

With all this in mind, it may just be quicker to scrap the lot and pump out an extra copy of the new class as a replacement for everyone that had one.

I can see your hate for the D. For me it's been an uneasy design to like. It comes off as too unbalanced and front heavy honestly. The Dish is way too big for the ship.

I actually understand your "flying shopping mall" criticism. I'm not sure Shopping mall is the right word, but the Enterprise D design is very, very 1980s.

I do enjoy both C designs though, they come off as much more balanced than the D.

>You will never get so see a modernized Constitution class ship built from the ground up with Galaxy class technology.

Miles is best cheif

The closest you'll get is the dozens of Excelsior refit (ie the studio model is the Enterprise B which was itself the original Excelsior model modified for Generations, in turn it's this physical model that was the basis of the cgi model in DS9) vessels in TNG / DS9.

What does "mothballs" really involve with a Starfleet ship? Are there 500 abandoned ships orbiting Pluto or something?

can't they just gut the interiors and replace them? The Enterprise bridge changed completely like 6 times during the original 6 movies.

>tfw the best bridge set made for the end of STIV was ruined by weather so we only ever got to see if for a few seconds ;_;

Planet Memory Alpha starship museum.

They literally let them rot.

They just have to take out the torpedoes and flush the warp cores. Antimatter is the dangerous stuff, without it an empty old ship is a threat to no one.

Like all series, I accept bits and pieces as Canon.

That being said. Enterprise I consider more as a "what if" standalone show than Prime Universe. Largely because it has major problems fitting in with major points of established canon.

For example, the Romulan War was fought with ships like pic related. cramped submarines in space with a crew of a dozen people and no quarter to take prisoners.

Yet the NX class ship is massive, has a brig, quarters and everything. It doesn't fit.

A lot of things in Enterprise don't fit. Honestly, I think the series was supposed to be a "soft-reboot" rather than a prime timeline show. You can see this in that the show wasn't even called Star Trek until the 3rd/4th season, but was simply called "Enterprise".

They measure the lengths of these things in hundreds of meters. It's like a city worth of tall buildings.

kek that one of the bottom's nacelles look like they were literally made with paper towel tubes

Well, they did, so obviously they can.

I'd be shocked if Admiral Kirk didn't make them keep the Enterprise though.

bridge section is compartmental.

You see this in Star Trek Beyond. Watch how the Bridge is prebuilt and slotted into the ship.

Bridges are quite literally "plug and play"

oops I meant that for

In one of the books (possibly written by Shatner), I think Kirk later reclaims the Enterprise for one last big battle in which it is lost somehow.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the idea was that the Ranger comes from before the Constitution class, so they introduced the pod here, and then moved the nacelles to it, instead off the other way around.

not to mention they're not post manpower scarcity. Why bother training cadets to know how to operate antiquated half century old systems? They do use low tier ships like the Miranda class occasionally but by and large it seems better to decommission ships. Still you'd think they'd preserve a few historically important ships in Earth orbit or something as a kind of docked museum.

That progression makes sense, I just kinda find it funny looking.

Even though I wish that was true, it's stupid as hell and I don't accept it.

>Activate separation sequence
>Acknowledged. Ejecting bridge in 3.. 2... 1...

then you'll really hate the Pioneer class

Honestly, I can't stand the late 90s Federation Starship designs like Voyager and Soverign (Ent-E) etc

Something about them I don't like, like, they are aerodynamically designed or some shit also you start to see the move way from dishes and more to a more "sleek" arrow look.

Remove the dangling bottom area and I think it would be much improved aesthetically.

The Intrepid class (Voyager, Bellerophon) was designed to be aerodynamic because its capable of atmospheric flight and landing

No I believe you're thinking of the Pioneer class Notice how the Ranger Class has a higher registry number than the Enterprise while the Pioneer Class has a lower one? Also the Ranger has the later TOS era style Bussard Collectors while the Pioneer has the earlier "Cage" design bussard collectors with the antennae sticking out as seen in the TOS pilot set 15 years before the rest of the series and prior to the Enterprise receiving a minor refit

I just always assumed that the various different variants of that era were designed at roughly the same time to fill different purposes. Some may be faster than others, or have more or less towing capacity.

I think their theory in the design lineage is since Drexler's design for the NX refit didn't make it into canon before Enterprise was cancelled is that the Pioneer first got the lower section for added equipment & storage space which then grew into the full star drive section in later designs.

First guy you replied to here, and yeah that's basically what I meant.
Wasn't entire sure which was which, but I was fairly certain that the progression was
>No pod
>Pod separately under the saucer
>Pod as intermediary between saucer and nacelles

This makes sense really.
If we assume that tractor beams exert force only on the part of the ship where the actual beam is located, then a "flat" ship where the nacelles connect directly to the saucer, and the saucer housing the tractor beams would provide a lot more stability than the twig-like design of the Constitution class ships that as far as I can see would only really benefit when it comes to venting plasma or heat, without venting it straight onto the back of the saucer and possible crucial systems.

all engineering nightmares. you want the thrusters to be exactly behind the main mass of the ship, with no chance of vector forces tearing it up. the most logical shapes: spheres, cubes, or cylinders. fuck anti gravity, it would be used sparingly as it would be a huge energy draw. trek is just a way to imagine a rational, hopeful future for mankind. its not really SF for the most part.

that's why the impulse engines are usually located on the saucer section, warp propulsion works differently by creating a bubble in the fabric of space that the ship sort of surfs in so there's no chance that the warp engines could tear away from the rest of the ship.

The warp engines don't actually produce any thrust, so there should be no torsion, even though the writers occasionally forget that there should be no inertia at warp. The nacelles are more like big magnetic coils that make a field around the ship.

It's outright stated multiple times that a ship without a structural integrity field would tear itself apart almost instantly under the slightest thrust.

I find them like a lot of new designs, they work from certain points of view but look bad from others

Like I like a fair amount of Voyager's design from a dedicated high speed ship point of view, but the nacelles and the big hingles that make them move look like shit

Galaxy class is the only ship with that problem.

prove it

OP here, this has got to be one of the most autistic threads I've seen on Cred Forums in a long time. I'm so proud of you all.

>Remove the dangly bits
Look, we get it, you hate men.

The ship design in startrek is retarded any way.
Star Trek Beyond showed exactly why.

The engines are positioned away from the main hull on delicate sticks. The saucer is attached to the main hull by a slim piece that can get shot to pieces.

And the bridge is located at the front of the ship where it's vulnerable to enemy fire.

Battlestar galactica had the most realistic human ship designs.

Does anyone know what the fuck that bit in Star Trek Beyond was where they had to fall of a cliff in order to gain enough speed to gain lift?

Then when they reached the required speed they just hit some thrusters to push the ship up.

Space ships don't have wings so why would they need to build up any speed to gain lift? If the thrusters are able to lift the ship then they would be just as effective at 0mph

Well, you do have a point.
Starfleet design in JJverse is retarded, since it's established that Stafleet went full military in that timeline, and still kept the fragile, distinctly not military designs of the science and exploration vessels Starfleet is known for from canon timeline.

You don't need wings specifically to generate lift.
Freebies generate lift too, by flying very fast horizontally, that's why they can fly straight.

Basically the idea was that:
>Engines are in the ass end of the ship
>If we just start thrusting outselves forward, then since we're not in space, the air resistance and gravity is going to push the nose of the ship down and we'll crash
>We need to speed up (by falling face first) enough to create lift (basically create a sort of air bubble around the nose), so we don't do that and maybe don't die

The way they did it was pretty over the top and ridiculous, but it sort of makes sense.
At least as much as you can expect something to make sense in this day and age of Hollywood.

>Freebies
That's what I get for not double checking what I autocorrect to.

I meant these things youtube.com/watch?v=z3rXoJdu_Ek

the saucer can become independent
the hyper-thrusters can travel and leave the "mothership" behind - safely.

>it's established that Stafleet went full military

But the bad guy that wanted that was defeated in the second movie.

>implying you can kill Robocop

To be honest, I was never in a hurry to rewatch Into Darkness, but from the way I saw it, really Starfleet was already a military organization, he just wanted to go from American Military in the 90s to American Military post 911

I always thought star trek ships flew in atmosphere with anti gravity. Or nullifying their own weight.

There's no other way they could, because they're not aerodynamic and don't have any surfaces that can produce lift.

Robocop can be killed. He was already killed. Getting killed is how he became Robocop.

>only ship that can respond to a distress call
Welcome to Star Trek.

underrated

well how impulse engines work is vague, all I know is something about a fusion reactor making thrust so I suppose that could be good enough to move something around in an atmosphere even if its not aerodynamic,.

Which is why we know he isn't dead. He'll just keep coming back.

Doesn't matter how powerful the thrust is, if it's not aerodynamic how does it stop itself getting torn apart?

no a trash can isn't aerodynamic but you can push it into the air with enough cherry bombs underneath it

If the ships travelled fast enough in atmosphere, they could "ride" their own hypersonic shockwaves to generate lift.

That's what hypersonic missiles do. They have no lifting surfaces.

they have that structural integrity field, basically the hull is re-enforced with an energy shell to help prevent exactly that

He was the lowest ranking and an enlisted guy can't just go "step aside plebs"

NCO is not an officer. He's enlisted. You fucking potato. In the military you would never go is anyone here an officer and have a corporal stand up.

Kys.

that's a funny way of spelling 2001: A Space Odyssey

I've never understood people like this but I suppose you've been getting fucked over so long that you needed to find your way to live with it.

Same reason starwars is one grouping of canonist's fighting eachother, new eu versus old, OT and prequel and soon sequelists.. canonocity being at whim of the individual doesn't seem the standard which is why people as a whole tend to care about what is considered canon and what isn't.

It's not so difficult to understand. So something happens not because the original creators say so but the parent company that holds the rights to the intellectual property says so? Thus fans cut the wheat from the chaff. Star Trek ends after DS8 as far I'm concerned, there were only 2 Alien movies and 2 Terminator movies, nothing Transformers related happened after the 1980s and so on and so forth.

It isn't a given and every Star Trek character so far has acted under the assumption that there is a singular timeline, although there is at least one alternate dimension with parallel-enough aspects that it might be considered an alternate timeline, but it's special.

The chain of command on a Starship bridge isn't determined by rank alone, or the ship's doctor would be next in command

Why don't they just make as many ships as possible? If replicators only need power to work, why not just churn out as many battleships as possible and roll over anyone

I imagine that they cannot replicate the warp cores and engines and its fuel.

Redundancy is a pretty big deal. If you only have one nacelle and it fucks up then there's not much you can do. It's probably possible to go into warp with only one but not advisable

I'm sure they're probably able to make more warp cores but you're probably right about the antimatter. Still, since they can make antimatter somehow they could probably just make more

How do the human dominated Federation convince so many non-human species to join it if all the political and military power is held by homo sapiens?

Because the alternative is being ruled by either Klingons, Romulans or Cardassians.

>I hear your ship can separate the saucer section in case of emergencies
>That's right, to act as a life-raft of sorts
>Check it out, we can split into three. Jealous?
>Oh for fuck's sake.

ezri. cuter, better character, you'd have to be a retard to disagree

>I think it’s a little noisy in here. I prefer to drink somewhere quiet.
>An excellent idea. We’ll go to my quarters.

What did he mean by this?

>if all the political and military power is held by homo sapiens?

The simple answer is, it isn't, they're just bad about depicting it properly because aliens are costly.

>Why don't they just make as many ships as possible?

They do, but "as possible" isn't "unlimited". Ships still need crews to do something other than sit in mothballs, and trained, skilled crews aren't something that can be replicated (short of really screwy transporter accidents, but that's not exactly something you can count on).

>why not just churn out as many battleships as possible and roll over anyone

Assuming you're speaking of the Federation, that's just not how they do things. At all. And even for the more expansionist polities, they can't just be out conquering all the time.

>this is what underage weebs actually believe
Both characters are bottom tier shit.

Jadzia and Worf had an interesting relationship that was fun to watch. Ezri just felt forced and they really pushed her on you. They should have just let Dax die.

is there a reason deflector dishes generally aren't incorporated into the saucer section? It'd be much more efficient than having it just there not attached to anything.

operating and maintaining a starship is pretty complicated stuff. There simply aren't enough people capable of manning many more starships than are currently in service. If they could let more people into Starfleet Academy then I'm sure they would but even Picard failed to pass the entrance test the first time and he was a wunderkind.

there is a large "root" if you will behind the deflector dish which takes up a lot of room that the saucer otherwise dedicates to personnel space

Scotty was 3rd in command on the enterprise despite their being dozens of other officers, the chief enlisted man is always that important. In any real situation he could tell everyone below a commander to fuck off.

Obviously it's data doing it, but he manages to control the ship alone several times just with the computer. You'd have thought computer technology would have advanced enough that a single person could fly the thing in combat in the centuries that passed, especially considering the computer locks on with phasers anyway

Scotty was a proper officer.

Never EVER post again.

Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott

>DS8

Scotty was a Lieutenant Commander in TOS

and a full Captain by Star Trek 3

The leak site says there's one incoming.

Nacelles are not engines. Stop saying they are.

>stop saying
>a reply to an 11 hour old post

>implying I give a fuck how old it is if that tard comes back, sees it, and stops saying stupid things in future conversations
I will slap you harder than your used dishrag whore single mother ever did, boy.

that's right DS 1 through 8 are cool but DS9 can fuck right off

define engine
>a machine with moving parts that converts power into motion.
define machine
>an apparatus using mechanical power and having several parts, each with a definite function and together performing a particular task:

Warp drives use power from matter/antimatter reactions
Warp drives have moving parts (antimatter injectors)
They have several other parts with definitive functions
They cause the ship to move

In what sense are they not an engine?

Why are you feeding an obvious troll?

The nacelles are merely housings for the Bussard collectors. If your car had an external air intake, you wouldn't point at it and say "Look at the engine!"

Why do morons always try so hard to prove their right?

Oh, look. Another moron.

>The nacelles are merely housings for the Bussard collectors.
NEVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

>The nacelles are merely housings for the Bussard collectors
No they aren't. The bussard collectors are there because it's an obvious place to put them seeing as they have to be pointing towards space and the deflector dish covers most of the stardrive. The nacelles contain the warp coils, the more coils, the faster the ship, that's why they're so big.

>go work on the warp engine
>i said the warp engine not the nacelle engines!
You can stop trying now. Notice how no one on the show ever refers to the nacelles as engines?
Do warp coils move? Then I guess the aren't fucking engines are they?

You pair of fucktards should've learned to keep quiet when you got relegated to sitting at the loser table in high school lunch because you couldn't keep your spaz impulses under control.

You're both told now. Any reply from either of you is just an affirmation of what I've said is true.

>Do spark plugs move? Therefore engines aren't engines

I'm sorry, I must have missed those series.
I can't seem to find DS1 on Netflix though, got a link for me?

>>go work on the warp engine
Hey motherfucker, they say warp engineS. You know why? BECAUSE THERE ARE TWO OF THEM.

False equivalence.
Prove it.

I don't know about 1-4, but DS5 is also called SeaQuest.

>Prove it.
If I post 3 examples, will you post "I'm a fucking idiot who has no fucking idea what I'm talking about, ignore me forever"?

And by "Prove it" I mena prove that they're referring to the nacelles as warp engines, since this is what our discussion is about. Protip: you can't because you're wrong and you need to go back to the seat they saved you at the loser table. inb4 you fail as always.

I can't believe people let that troll bait the thread into such a stupid argument. It should have been obvious when he tried to launch it from a post from half a day ago.

>Protip: you can't
Actually I can. Even though you've now admitted you're full of ship and can't defend denying they say "engines" PLURAL, I can give you an example where Data says "I am taking the warp coil engines offline" (Phantasms, TNG 7x06) now fucking guess what are in this image fucking hint it rhymes with foil.

Proof:

Warp engines (plural):
google.com/search?q="warp engines" site:chakoteya.net
(about 100 results)

Warp engine (singular):
google.com/search?q="warp engine" site:chakoteya.net
(about 20 results)

Warp engines (plural) is the correct terminology, warp engine (singular) is the occasional typo.

Jerry Doyle?

>Actually I can.
>doesn't

>you're full of ship and can't defend denying they say "engines"
I realized that you were trying to muddy the waters on the original issue because you wouldn't be able to prove that nacelles are engines. Tough luck for you and your fallacious tactics, eh? Stupid fucking child.

>I can give you an example where Data says "I am taking the warp coil engines offline"
Show it to me in the technical manual, fucktard. That faggot Spiner spewing up a line written by some woman who doesn't know what an engine is doesn't count. Protip: You won't because you can't.

A coil isn't an engine. Go back to school.

You complete fucking moron. "Nacelle" is a word for "engine housing." Example: this aircraft nacelle contains a jet engine. The Star Trek nacelles CONTAIN the warp coil engines, which I just fucking posted. NEVER EVER POST AGAIN.

That episode was written by a man.

Once again, you are talking out of your ass.

>The nacelle (/nəˈsɛl/ nə-SELL) is a housing, separate from the fuselage, that holds engines, fuel, or equipment on an aircraft.
Like it matters. Show me the technical manual section supporting your position or don't reply again. It's that simple.

Technical manuals aren't canon.

The show is canon.

On the show, there are multiple engines.

See and apologize.

The Star Trek technical manuals are not canon, but whatever:

>As installed in the Galaxy class, the warp propulsion system consists of three major assemblies: the matter/antimatter reaction assembly, power transfer conduits, and warp engine nacelles.
>warp engine nacelles

> holds engines
So exactly what I fucking said.

And since you will only accept technical manual claims, it says the "key internal elements" of the warp engines are drumroll... "verterium cortenide 947/952 coils"

not who you are arguing with but, i was always thought the warp engine was either the warp core or a part of it, taking fuel and converting it to plasma, the plasma was then routed into the coils (which i always thought were like motors) and then they warp space

>the thing that explains the technology isn't canon, the lines by non technical story crafters is
Nope. I accept your concession.
>> holds engines
So exactly what I fucking said.
Is English not your native tongue? Go back to school, Jamal.
>"key internal elements" of the warp engines are drumroll... "verterium cortenide 947/952 coils"
I noticed you didn't quote text stating that these coils are the ones in the nacelles. Or provide an actual citation for this text. You're so beat, fucktard. Don't bother applying to any colleges. You're just not a good fit.

>implying there needs to be more than one thread about a dead franchise

All the components added together basically. Some parts are shared with other systems.

Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual
Section 5: Warp Propulsion Systems
Sub-Section 5.3: Warp Field Nacelles
Page 63
>The energetic plasma created by the M/ARC, and passed along the power transfer conduits, quickly arrives at the termination point, the warp engine nacelles. This is where the actual propulsion work is done.

>I noticed you didn't quote text stating that these coils are the ones in the nacelles.
If I do quote that, will you post "I'm a fucking idiot who has no fucking idea what I'm talking about, ignore me forever"?

Of course you won't, so here it is anyway:

>Similarly, materials problems slowed the construction of the warp engine nacelles. The key internal elements of the warp engines, the verterium cortenide 947/952 coils, which convert the core energy into the propulsive warp fields, could not be manufactured to flight tolerances in density and shape for the first half of the prototype construction phase.

And here's a fucking diagram to go along with it. This is the last post you get fucktard.

Fuckin nerds

>the warp engine nacelles
>not the nacelle engines
>not the warp nacelle engines
Yeah, do you see why you're stupid now?
>I'll just juxtapose unrelated text and diagrams because they both contain references to warp coils!

>This is where the actual propulsion work is done.
What do you think that they meant by this?

>>This is where the actual propulsion work is done.
>tires and the crankshaft are the engine!
You're thinking of the warp core (the actual engine), dunce.

>text says the nacelles were delayed because the coils weren't ready
>diagram says the coils are in the nacelles
>HURR DURR UNRELATED!

>actual engine
YOU TRY AND COME BACK TO ENGINE SINGULAR AND HOPE NO ONE WILL NOTICE.

I'm done providing evidence to you. YOU PROVIDE BOTH MULTIPLE EPISODE QUOTES AND TM QUOTES THAT BACKS UP YOUR BULLSHIT.

Fortunately, this thread will die soon.

A crankshaft is considered an engine component. Take a look, it's in a book.

Is it wrong to want to fuck the Borg Queen?

>>diagram says the coils are in the nacelles
The diagram says that coils of some kind are in the nacelles, not specifically the ones in the text. :)
>YOU TRY AND COME BACK TO ENGINE SINGULAR AND HOPE NO ONE WILL NOTICE
Because there really is only one engine. It's the warp core. The nacelles aren't the engine (this is the point that you want to keep dancing around [coils don't move {engines rely on movement}])
>A crankshaft is considered an engine component.
Are torque converters too? That's the more apt analogy.

Coils are capable of coiling. Coiling is movement.

Okay, that was a joke, but let's be honest now. Do you honestly believe what you're saying? Or at this point are you just continuing the argument because you enjoy arguing?

>coils of some kind
No, they both say warp coils. Never ever post again.
> :)
Worthless fucking troll.

>Because there really is only one engine.
Multiple episodes say warp engines. The technical manual YOU ASKED FOR says warp engines.

>engines rely on movement
WHAT IS A PULSE JET
WHY IS A MHD

>No, they both say warp coils.
>bolts only exist in one place on a plane
Dumb.
>Multiple episodes say warp engines.
Multiple episodes are wrong and writers aren't engineers.
>WHAT IS A PULSE JET
>WHY IS A MHD
Moving parts.

>Dumb
I asked you to provide episode and tech manual citations for your claims and you failed. Now you are making up another claim, and are again failing. Never mind that the quote says the NACELLES WERE DELAYED BECAUSE THE COILS, THE KEY ELEMENT OF THE ENGINES WEREN'T READY.

>Multiple episodes are wrong
So you're more canon than Star Trek.

>Moving parts.
And you complain about the writers!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsejet
>A pulsejet engine can be made with few[1] or no moving parts,[2][3][4]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetohydrodynamic_drive
>A magnetohydrodynamic drive or MHD propulsor is a method for propelling vessels using only electric and magnetic fields with no moving parts, using magnetohydrodynamics.

Why are you still responding?

They just admitted that they don't even believe what they're saying, and they're only arguing for the sake of arguing.

>I asked you to provide episode and tech manual citations for your claims
Never happened. Maybe you're thinking of when I did that and you failed.
>So you're more canon than Star Trek.
It's just that multiple writers don't understand the technology. Neither do you.
>wikipedia is a source
You must be black.