What is the worst Friday?

What is the worst Friday?

Other urls found in this thread:

proxxy.website/torrent/4971482/Friday_The_13th_Part_IV__The_Final_Chapter_Uncut_(added_gore__al
mediafire.com/download/6843tej2ccc69vm/New Blood.avi
movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=8529
campblood.net/forum/index.php?topic=11788.0
ebay.com.au/itm/Friday-The-13th-Part-2-DVD-2004-/121900386063?hash=item1c61d4470f:g:Fa8AAOxyzpdTjSbv
youtube.com/watch?v=oYDS9kgpBt0
youtube.com/watch?v=kxmk6XB94VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=x9zf6eOZmMo
youtube.com/watch?v=KB-UAYC6-J0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the original. it's terrible. even the worst sequels are more entertaining.

part 6 is best

all of them

Jason Goes To Hell. Never seen it but I heard its the worst one

Unironically part 6. It was just pure comedy. Fight me.

jason x, but they're all pretty free from any kind of entertainment. there must've been something broken in the 80s that made them popular.

Friday After Next, although Next Friday is almost as bad. The original is the only decent one.

Fuck no. Original is still the best one.

Jason Goes to Hell gets a bad rap for the body horror hopping stuff, but it is a actually quite decent 90s horror. Good gore, well shot etc. I consider it the "Halloween III" of F13th series.

Jason Lives is the second best.

Jason X is bad, but

the real answer is Jason Takes Manhattan. Takes fucking forever to get to Manhattan. The ship stuff was unnecessary long, with boring deaths (all the fucking gore gone!). Manhattan stuff was actually a bit fun, but too short. It felt like there were two movies crammed into one.

The one with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker.

A sober Friday

My biggest issue with these movies is how goreless the final cuts became as the series went on. Like fuck, all the fun of slasher movies is taken away when there's no creative and gorey deaths. Which movie would you say has the best gore? It's been a while since I've seen em

Cred Forums in a nutshell

My friday night :(

Definitely a toss up between JTM and Jason X. At least Jason X was ridiculous enough to be fun.

Nine. It's a fuck abomination. God awful

Jason Takes Manhattan, some had dumber concepts but were more watchable in execution.

Probably 1 or 4. 9 also has great gore. 10 is decent on the gore. With the rest you can't get the uncut versions. Here's how they go:

Friday the 13th (uncut on DVD and Blu-ray)
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (uncut bootleg DVDrip)
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (uncut on DVD)
Jason X (uncut on DVD and Blu-ray)

Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI has a workprint vhs bootleg out, which is partially uncut, iirc. Haven't watched it.

Description on part 4 uncut composite:

proxxy.website/torrent/4971482/Friday_The_13th_Part_IV__The_Final_Chapter_Uncut_(added_gore__al

The 13th

goes to hell or in manhattan

Jason Goes to Hell, ov kourch.

Original is the best. Part 2 is close. Part 3 isn't bad, but it's more silly and over-the-top than the first 2 movies. It's the Halloween 2 of the Friday movies.

4 is alright, but something is missing. Jason is more of a plot device than a character.

5 is average. The twist was alright, but it's not a very memorable movie except for the kills.

6 had best girl Jennifer Cooke, but the zombikenstein thing was beyond silly. The unded Jason was cool though, it's just how he came back that was too silly.

I like 7. Carrie VS Jason was fine and fun.

8 is shit. It took itself too seriously (muh yong Jason water Stephen King pen shit) AND was almost a parody at times (boxing scene for example.) Not a good mix.

9 is just shit. It's not just a bad Friday movie, it's a bad movie period.

Jason X is fun. Silly, but really fun.

Freddy VS Jason was a let down. Not bad, but a little bellow average with nothing special to remember it by.

The remake was okay. Not as bad as people say. It went into a different direction than the originals (no working camp, mine tunnels, etc.), but it was better than Jason Goes to Hell by miles.

the MPAA demanded all gore got cut to avoid an x. people still went

>If you can, definitely try to to find 'Friday the 13th Part 7: The Uncut Recut'. A person took the uncut/deleted footage (and no timecode), put it back into the theatrical cut of the film, and then dialed the whole movie down so that the entire movie looks like it was from a VHS tape (in order to have the deleted scenes fit better and more seamless with the rest of the flick).

mediafire.com/download/6843tej2ccc69vm/New Blood.avi

>Jason Takes Manhattan
>almost the whole movie takes place on a boat on it's way to Manhattan and not in Manhattan itself

I also hated the one with that girl who could move objects with her mind, Jason Goes To Hell because it has barely any Jason in it, and Jason X because it was too silly but not in entertaining way. Oh and also the one with fake Jason, fuck that.

What the fuck went wrong? How is it so difficult to just build on the earlier successful parts of the series? More gore, more tits, more Jason doing some brutal creative executions etc.
It seems that the writers just gave up and started to scribble random bullshit for the sake of money.

The New Blood was great, and I need to check this out.

Thanks, user!

All those movies had creative, and brutal (if not cut out, eh...) kills. Besides, taking Jason out of Camp Crystal Lake was a good decision, or adding something different to the series. You can do part 1 again only so many times.

Pic related.

There actually was a VHS version with those scenes in it that came out in 1989. I have it, my dad bough it as soon as it was available because, but it's the french-dub (Canadian here.)

I'm not sure how that version came to be. Maybe the canadian vhs copies don't have the same ratng and they put the scenes back in? idk

Came to post this.

I read discussion about uncut dvd/vhs releases of parts 2 and 3, as well. Sometimes these happen. Not long ago British channel aired the uncut version of Evil Dead remake! The response to inquiries from viewers was that the distributor handed them the wrong copy. Lol.

movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=8529

>uncut dvd/vhs releases of parts 2 and 3
To add, I wish someone would "find" these and rip them. :|

Jason goes to hell had funny and 3 dimensional characters which was what was missing from literally all the other movies.

Fuck you, man. Manhattan was great.

The original is the best. It's not "original" (it's Psycho Meets Halloween), but it's really well done. It looks good, feels gritty, the set is great, the small number of characters really amplifies the isolation and we get to know them a little before they're killed off.

The worst is Jason Goes to Hell. It's not the plot that's the problem, it's the execution. The plot is fine and the body jumping Jason was a nice idea that they weren't able to pull off.

so what were your favorite kills lads? Mine were sleeping bag in part 7 and Tommy killing Jason in part 4

Jason Takes Manhattan was the worst until they made Jason X. Jason Takes Manhattan at least has the really good New York City scenes. Jason X is shit throughout, it's only good part being the hologram scene (and Jason picking someone in a sleeping bag up and slamming them had already been done before).

You're dead meat, slimebag!

Yep. All the actual Manhattan parts are fucking gold. It sucks that it takes them forever to get to Manhattan, but at least there is some good in Part 8.

goes to hell everyone be knows this

The original is the only good one.

The others are just LE IMMORTAL EVIL GUY WHO CAN'T DIE. Boring shit as Halloween and Elm Street. I know these are the "horror pearls", but they're trash and make no sense, especially Elm Street.

Kevin Bacon in the original.

The worst was the eye popping one from part 3. It's not that it's a bad scene, it's that it doesn't fit the other kills and tone of that movie. It was too cartoony. Felt like something that would happen in later movies, not in this one.

It was meant to be a little campy and cartoony since the thing was in 3D.

Halloween 2 is to balme for the Immortal Evil Guy trope in slashers. Halloween 1 is great, but H2 is just silly and too over-the-top. It took everything that was good and creepy in the first one and made it schlocky.

It's fiction you fucking retard, not a documentary

Every fiction should be realistic.

> LE IMMORTAL EVIL GUY WHO CAN'T DIE
Not true. They've successfully killed Jason at least twice. In parts 4, and 10. Maybe three times if you count the final explosion in 10.

Possibly even in 7, as he seemed to be dead in the beginning of 8 before the electrocution back to "life". In 6 he was just chained underwater.

Jason X is the worst.

1 is alright. 2 is better than 1.
3 gave us the Jason character, but is weak and the forced 3D shots are distracting.
4 and 6 are the best.
5 is underrated and gets a bad rap because people felt cheated by the ending, but what preceded it was everything that I want in a Friday movie.
7 is enjoyable and has some great character dynamics while trying to bring in another element. Can't fault them for trying.
8 is probably the weakest, but has some of the funniest scenes.
Jason Goes to Hell is underrated.
The remake doesn't exist to me. Total pile of shit.

6>X>2>8>4>3>1>9>7>5>>>>>remake

Original Friday the 13th is the worst horror movie that has the reputation of being a "classic". It's boring, horribly made with zero artistic thought, it rips off A Bay of Blood and it's just shit in every single way. There are so many better slashers out there than Friday the 13th

Only if it's realistic fiction

jason x has david cronenberg in it which automatically makes it one of the best films in the series

the moment friday the 13th stopped taking itself seriously was the moment it solidified itself as a cult classic and one of the most iconic horror movies in history

>he's only in the first two minutes
no

Any Aussies around? Can you confirm the old, early 00s DVDs of 2 and 3 were uncut? Or at least the rental editions?

campblood.net/forum/index.php?topic=11788.0

There is one copy of the 2004 Part 2 DVD on ebay claiming to be 91 minutes...
ebay.com.au/itm/Friday-The-13th-Part-2-DVD-2004-/121900386063?hash=item1c61d4470f:g:Fa8AAOxyzpdTjSbv

Literally every single cronenberg film is better than Friday the 13th
even M butterfly

Maybe not Crimes of the Future. That was hard to sit through.

Rebecca Black's

Go watch Stereo. I love Cronenberg but Stereo is really fucking boring. It's student film tier shit.
Crimes of the Future is bad but it's better than Stereo.

I've seen it. I liked it more than Crimes.

My father sat the entire family down and forced us to watch them all.

We ALL agreed Jason Lives was the best, but no one could agree on 2nd or 3rd best. I liked 4 and 7 desu lads.

My personal favorite is 3

Tommy Jarvis:3
Jason: 0

Why was the remake so hated again? Been a while since I've seen it, but I remember liking it more than many of the other sequels; after all that zombie/demon worm/cyborg-stuff, they went back-to-basics with Jason and it had some nice gory kills. Far from being my favorite (I like 4 and 6 the best) but not the worst one either, Takes Manhattan is.

2 and 3 are the best ones to watch back to back
they are also the last 2 entries that have a sleazy grindhouse feel to them.

easily the best in the series.

2=3>4=6>1>X>7>5>FvJ>8>Goes to Hell

7 is probably the worst. The unrated version of the kills are some of the best kills I've seen in a slasher movie but they're only available through B roll footage. They really need to release this movie with the uncut gore. As the movie stands, the kills are literally the worst in the series.
>but muh carrie fight
>but muh kane hodder stunts
7 minutes of entertainment doesn't make up for the most boring entry in the series.

>That scene
Creepy as fuck maf hbt
Especially because she was more or less cornered on that canoe.

Also, 3 and 4 are the best to watch back to back because they blend seamlessly into each other. You can add 2 to it as well, but it's jarring to see how much Jason changes between them. You're better off watching 1 and 2.

I always loved this shot. I like to imagine Jason is just happy to see someone and he runs downstairs to greet them.

Uncut stuff:

Part 4:
youtube.com/watch?v=oYDS9kgpBt0

Part 6:
youtube.com/watch?v=kxmk6XB94VQ

Part 7:
youtube.com/watch?v=x9zf6eOZmMo

2, 3 and 4 all take place within a few days of each other, and 2 takes a year or two after 1

I always thought the Mrs Voorhee's corpse looked really creepy when it came out of the lake.

The one where he was wearing the pillow case on his head. I think it was 2.

2 & 3 were both really terrible. Jason Takes Manhattan was pure kino though.

that is right.

are you implying he stated something to the contrary?

I got the impression they didn't know 2 3 & 4 were all contained in the same few days. Like how he said 2 blends into 3 without making mention that 3 blends into 4.

He said 3 and 4 blend together seamlessly. I assumed he was implying that he knows 2,3 and 4 are all within a few days, but that 2 and 3 don't flow as well as 3 and 4 do because Jason changes so much between 2 and 3.

idk they're all p bad desu senpai

How did he change significantly? All he did was put on a hockey mask. He's still just a retarded hillbilly in the first three sequels

Well I was just referencing OP saying that he changed. I can't remember too well but I'm guessing they got a different actor and changed his movements. I definitely remember him changing from a slow lumbering Frankenstein to a quicker more agile guy at one point but he changed body type and movement every film anyway, sometimes during the film.

The least interesting ones are 7 and 8. In all the other movies I can identify some kind of an idea beside "kids die" but those two are the most by-the-numbers sequels.

7 had a telekinetic girl. Not really by-the-numbers. 8 goes on a cruise. 2, 3, and 4 were the most by-the-numbers sequels.

>they are also the last 2 entries that have a sleazy grindhouse feel to them.

I've always thought part 5 felt the most sleazy. It showed cocaine use for the first time in the series as opposed to the more innocent pot smoking of the earlier ones.

>Fuck no. Original is still the best one.
No it isn't.

you're probably right about that. haven't seen 5 since it was in theaters desu. the 'twist' 'annoyed me so much at the time i have never revisted it.

Jason Goes to Hell.

I can't remember which one it was but I vaguely remember a bunch of scientists trying to resurrect him and determine his source of power or some shit. And he possessed some nigger's body using some black goo shit?

Gotcha, I can see that. Yeah, he moved quicker in the third one.

I used to hate on five, it's still the second worst imo, but I've softened on it over time. The twist is dumb but atleast it's trying something different.

7 is incredibly boring except for that one scene where not-Carrie summons her father's corpse to pull Jason into the lake. I swear, it's the only bit worth remembering in the entire movie. 8 manages to be equally dull and also copies 7's 'traumatised girl and vaguely abusive male authority figure' dynamic.

How about he was skinny as a rake in 2 but quite burly in everything after? You seriously didn't notice that?

I wasn't really paying attention to the actor, so no, I guess I didn't. How much screen time did Jason get in the second one? I feel like the third one set the tone on how Jason looks/moves.

You can't seriously think 7 is worse than 8.

Jason is barely seen in 2 until the end, I think it was intentionally mirroring 1 with the POV and out of frame kills.

One thing I miss that got dropped in the later movies is how Jason's mom and Jason deliberately set up/used the corpses to spook the remaining survivors.

As a kid my fav was the boat one and I think 7? the girl with powers. Takes Manhatten was fun too

it was all for the 3d effect gimmick but I feel you. felt out of place

>8 manages to be equally dull and also copies 7's 'traumatised girl and vaguely abusive male authority figure' dynamic.

I couldn't believe after all the build up the reveal ended up being that the uncle threw her in the lake to teach her to swim. Almost as bad as Jason turning into a kid again after the toxic sludge "kills" him in the sewer.

Just watched Freddy vs. Jason

>all dat terrible nu metal
>dem terrible wrestling fight scenes

Fuck this movie apart from the town's plan to forget Freddy. That was kind of clever.

Its great though

what a shit ass movie

Agreed. Didn't like the soundtrack though

I just finished up to 6 and have seen X. So far I'd say 5 is the worst (aside from New Wave Robot QT).

Wait until you see 9

Thanks family. I was just about to watch VII for the first time. Was super disappointed with all the quick cuts away from kills in VI.

5 was, hands down, the worst.
ASCENSION MILLENNIUM is the killer.
However, 5 had, weens up, the best breasts.

VII is notorious for having the most water down kills of the series. it was edited to practically PG levels.

Easily Jason takes Manhattan.
Also, yes the first one is kinda lame. I imagine it would be good back then, but now....not so much.

>Cred Forums dont like the original
>it likes 6 because its "funny" and doesnt take itself seriously XD
literally ______

The original is just a schlocky knockoff of Bay of Blood/Halloween. Jason Lives is all of the best parts of the Friday the 13th franchise without any filler. It's far better than the original.

This. It's not downright awful but let's not pretend like it was crafted with the same skill as John Carpenter.

You can see some of the kills longer here:

If only there was a uncut dvd/bd quality version of Jason Lives, but no. Uncut Part 1 > 6.

Jason Goes To Hell. The only good part was the ending with the Freddy cameo.

F13 part 7 is probably the worst once you find out how almost everything was cut. It was neutered by meddling producers and it's really depressing to watch the unedited footage and seeing all the effort that went into making some really good gore.

That said Manhatten and X are fucking awful too.

C'mon now, the unrated cut has all kinds goodies.

6 > 4 > 3 > 7 > 2 > 8 > 5 > 1 > X > Jason Goes To Hell

Part 7 could have easily been my favorite in another life. As it is now, parts 2 and 4 feel like the most solid attempts.

New Blood

Parts 1 and 2 have the best atmosphere. That northeastern dense forest is hard to beat.

youtube.com/watch?v=KB-UAYC6-J0

This is obviously the worst Friday

Jason takes Manhattan.

I wanted to see him rip gangers to shreds and murder people in famous and iconic locations.

But all we got was him lumbering around on a boat.