twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>good
>western

Pick one.

You're right, they're excellent.

this
fuck cowboy garbage
not kino

How many westerns even have cows? I can't think of many cowboy movies that were made after the 60's.

that's a good concept for a film
no gun battles and train heists, just killing buffalo to force the natives to starve

Open Range.

fuck off, red dead was a shitty game

Rango

Tombstone, featuring Val Kilmer in his prime

The dollars trilogy

How the hell is that a starter pack when most people haven't heard of 75% of those?

310 remake is better.

once upon a time in the wild west

Red River

Isn't it just "Once Upon a Time in the West" ?

The good the bad and the weird

Star Wars (not even joking)

Death Rides a Horse

>Turn around Ryan!

Deadwood TV show

>westerns
>good

The western atmosphere is the worst setting for entertainment ever. Music, Movies, Video Games, etc. it all sucks if it's western based unless it's a parody or loosely based or modern timeframe.

Um pistoleiro chamado papaco.

Its a brazilian western. Its about a cowboy that kill and rape his 4 husbands in his way to sell his jewels that he takes in a coffin.

Its a classic.

I think the most recent Western I really liked was 3:10 to Yuma imdb.com/title/tt0381849/

Christian Bale and Russell Crowe should do another western together.

>people
>actually it's you

Westerns are for white men so by definition they can't be good you fucking trump supporter

Fag.

yeah

The Proposition

youtube.com/watch?v=G7V-CW_SUos

This was surprisingly more of a Western than some actual Westerns.

>That Thompson and Gonzo cameo

Fucking BASED

the big gundown
the great silence (although the dubbing might bother some people, definitely worth it to power through though, killer ending)
dollar trilogy
the outlaw josey wales
once upon a time in the west
django (from 1967)
death rides a horse

kid vengeance or shanghai joe if you want that perfect combination of great/terrible you need for a good brainless movie

My nigga I love this movie

Unforgiven, 3:10 to Yuma, Appaloosa, True Grit, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

This is a real classic, I only saw it for the first time last year and it's easily in my top ten favorite Westerns now.

> Duel in the Sun credits

Thats what happens when the main star is married to the head of the studio.

Despite being Japanese, I've always considered Yojimbo to be a Western.

>310 remake is better.

hahahaha

High Plains Drifter

Bad Company
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
Heaven's Gate
Dirty Little Billy

Fuck off Cred Forums

kurisama was heavily influenced by westerns, pretty sure he said so himself.

Yojimbo is one of my all time favorite movies and that fucking opening theme is killer.

sanjuro is it's spiritual sequel (maybe even direct sequel, fuck I don't know) and that plays out like a western too. you should check it out

Man I'm hype for this Red Dead Revival

Get ready for multiplayer shit.

came here for this

They're all shit

Dersu Uzala

>there's people who actually consider westerns as a serious genre

is this a thing?

I'm from argentina, so things might be a little bit different, but I grew up with the idea that westerns is a joke genre, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean that it was that way on purpose, like how all of the wrestling shit looks fake as fuck, it's meant to be that way.
the good the bad and the ugly soundtrack is (at least here) widely used to mock retarded duel-like scenes on all kinds of parodies, skits, and shit movies.

also, I find how everything is literally just made of wood absolutely risible.
that simply can't be accurate.

>spic goes along with hivemind mentality and can't form an opinion for themselves and is told how to feel about something

Makes you think.

>spic
stopped reading there 2bh

>read spic

Develop an opinion and maybe I wouldn't call you a spic reddit.

A lot of the western genre is actually commentary on industrialization, personal freedoms, societal norms, the concept of what is just vs legal justice, and the mindset of the time. It's actually a fantastic genre and went through a huge transformation in the 60s/70s that deconstructed the genre and tackled post-vietnam civil rights and politics. The hyper-stylization is mostly in spaghetti westerns, which although aren't as "American" as say Ford, Hawkes and Altman, they still deal with American themes and the myth of the west. Which is something that no other country really had.

It can look really goofy sometimes to outsiders yes, and along with noir probably the most easily-parodied genre in existence but it isn't a "joke" genre.

Hi Cred Forumseddit

YOUR HANDS UPON, A BIG MAN'S GUN, AND YOU'RE LOOKING DOWN THE SIGHT

I've never played Red Dead Redemption because I don't own a console and never will since now I don't care about videogames anymore, at least not like I used to

Am I missing anything?

y

It's one of Rockstar's best imo but everyone forgets Revolver so play it too.

GTA5 multiplayer is any indication of where they are going I'm not really that optimistic.

Form your own opinion and see.

youtube.com/watch?v=FFkAEnSkJxg

matate

matate otra vez

Agreed, if multiplayer is given priority and it turns into an online-only DLCfest, I'm done with Rockstar