Illegal ones?

its about demons

pseudoscience

reptilian????
where is this from?

nvm im a retard

aversion to running water?
signs is clearly about vampires

So in the war would human use super soakers?

Well I loved it and am also not a christfag so if it's about religion it's a damn good movie.

>demons invade Earth and are eventually BTFO by holy water

Quite obviously yes

war never changes

heavy weapons

VAMONOS

100%

What was the large object floating in the sky if not a cloaked spacecraft?

how did shymalayas go from this to The Happening

The Beast.

Mother Harlot riding her beast of 666 with 7 heads and 10 crowns.

Fan theories are so fucking stupid.

>Fan theories

It's right there in the movie, if you can't see it you might be blind.

Why would demons from hell be defeated by being locked in a pantry?

it's a known fact demons can't open wooden doors

They are defeated by contact with holy water, though.

The water in their house wasn't holy water, it was just stale.

Mel Gibson's character is an ex-priest, so the water might have been blessed by accident.

That makes no sense. I have a hunch that the demon theory supporters are just memeing.

It makes a lot of sense to me, mind you.

It's about both. The aliens are aliens, but the metaphor is there. Basically the M Night wanted to look smart, so he brought in some subtext to extend the character arc of Mel Gibson's character.

You can argue that they're "real demons", but they aren't. They're just aliens.

You can especially tell with the radio at the end, "They didn't come to invade they came to harvest, they took people with them", something like that.

Just to play Devil's Avocado here, there's nothing to sat Demons wouldn't harvest the souls on earth. Quite the opposite. And it would explain why (holy) water was their weakness.
Did we see any others hurt by water except on the farm?

Well M Night's forced cameo said he was moving to the lake. Unless everything in the proximity of Gibson's farm is holy water, this would be a bad move.

It's just subtext, about some dude confronting his demons. It isn't meant to be literal. That being said I wouldn't put it above M Night.

I get the feeling that death of the author comes into play here. It makes "more sense" to us for them to be badly written aliens who have a weakness to dihydrogen monoxide, with a demonic subtext.

But after seeing that shitty Devil In The Lift film, In wouldn't say its impossible Nighty Night intended them to be Real Demons.

Actually, depending on the wood and the type of demon, that's "true".

I think it makes more sense, given M Night is M Night and he isn't that great of a writer to be blunt, that he meant the aliens to be literal. With demonic subtext.

That makes the most sense to me, because it clearly has flaws and isn't thought through well enough. Excusing it as, "they're just demons really what a tweest", makes more sense than it should.

There's too much UFO shit in it,. like that one book where they have a farm and three corpses in it that looks like there's, and there's a UFO torching it.

I mean, it just seems like, M Night was staring at his ceiling one night, thought. "Hey, what if I like, made a movie about aliens invading Earth, but like, it's from a normal joe schmo's point of view. No, no no, even better, what if I added subtext about the aliens being like angels and devils...duuuude I am so smart".

I honestly think it's a mix of the two, and he didn't know what the fuck to do to go in either direction in production, so it's vague.

That makes sense to me given his writing capabilities. Anything that's one or the other gives him too much credit as a writer.

I tend to agree actually. Good point, well made.

shieeeet I owned there three when I was a kid