twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best Godzilla design.
Best Godzilla movie.
Just what you'd expect from the master.

is it a she?

its a everything

>3 Godzilla thread on Cred Forums catalog
Should we calm down a bit?

I love the design. It's weird, grotesque, and fucking terrifying.

people complained when we tried to have a general

this is a T H I C C Cred Forums thread

stop masterbaiting to dinosaurs

No.

There are people on Cred Forums that didn't see Shin Godzilla. I'm not sure why, though, since its the best movie currently out.

Ultra Q needs more love

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down

Never watched Godzilla except for the Western versions (1998/2014), interested in this one because the webms have that eerie, slightly comical look to them that I enjoyed in other Asian flicks such as The Host.

From a structural and anatomical point of view, the thickness makes total sense.

Some people on Cred Forums live in yurop, user.

That's a big kangaroo

Wish I could see it at an actual Drive In.

Name a better movie currently out

What the fuck this was made by Anno?
I wasn't interested before but now I have to see it

I'm yuropoor and it isn't out here :(

You've got like one day before its out of theaters.

Anyone got a pastebin or streaming site where I can watch this possible masterpiece? I'm a canadafag and there's no theatres playing this near me and none of my streaming sites have it yet

It is unironically one of the best movies of the year

You could check /m/ but you'll almost certainly be disappointed.

Is this the surprise of the year? I love Godzilla but didn't expect it to be one of the best films of the year. Any chance it could win best foreign film from the Academy?

Go out and watch. Today is the last day I think

With such a limited time release, probably not

Completely agree. Anno did an outstanding job. Just don't go in expecting an endless barrage of mindless action and you'll probably have a great time. Im

wow I love nipples in a tank top

Anyone else watch this with a shitty crowd? My theater kept laughing at the worst possible parts.

Damn shame. I feel it at least deserves a nomination

No, my crowd was great. Applauded at the beginning and end, and laughed at the jokes, but nobody was obnoxious. I heard people gasp at a few points, which added to the spectacle of the beam spam in the second and third acts.

Spirited Away got nominated and won. However, it played in about three hundred more theaters than Shin Godzilla did and had Disney backing it. But isn't a matter of Funimation or Toho submitting it for consideration?

I guess my theater was just a bunch of autists then. I didn't have a problem with people laughing at the funny parts, but they were even laughing at some serious points which took me out of it for a bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRSLCABT4g0

it could've been trimmed about 15 min of talking after the first act, but what was good was 10/10

MUH DICK

Nah, the human characters were fantastic. Even in the third act. Never grew restless after Tokyo's destruction. Always felt the presence of the titular character whether he was on screen or not. Besides, we got several cut backs to him.

I could watch a movie about the characters alone. And Godzilla only made things better. Look at it as a film and not a Godzilla film.

I liked the characters, I just think the pacing in this and most godzilla movies for that matter could have better pacing. I also had to sit in the front seat, so it could've just been my neck hurting thanks to the subtitles. I even think the first godzilla being as short as it is beat around the bush too much after a recent rewatch. Of course it's a classic, but get on with it. the guy who made evangelion balanced character drama, bureaucrats and politics, big monster fights, and their casualty factors in human lives within the span of less than 30 minutes a pop. This didn't NEED to be 2 hours long

People keep saying this but what would you have removed? I don't think any particular scenes felt obnoxious.

IMO its just an empty criticism devoid of thought.

>best Godzilla movie
you call this bait?

Not him but its easily top 5 for me.

1. Godzilla
2. Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla
3. Mothra Vs. Godzilla
4. Shin Godzilla
5. Return of Godzilla

This is a fact

Second best in the franchise. Of course Gojira has yet to be topped.

I'd put Godzilla vs Biollante or Godzilla vs Destroyah up there.

> 5. Return of Godzilla

I'm sorry, user. This doesn't belong on that list. Neither does Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla to be honest.

Why do people hate Godzilla '85?

I put it up there with the original and Vs Biollante.

Because it's dull. The only things going for it are: 1) atmosphere and 2) score

Feels uninspired and has suffers from the dull cast syndrome that so many Heisei films do (except for Biollante and King Ghidorah).

Just because it's serious doesn't mean it's good, anons. Some of you keep falling for that meme.

Yea no. Shin is #2

Every time they said godzilla wouldn't come on land, or talked about hurting or killing godzilla, this guy in the seat next to me would literally scream with laughter. The crowd as a whole also kept laughing at random parts.

I agree that most of the casts of the films are shit, but for me it's the best cast of any Godzilla movie since the original. Shin Godzilla had a sorta boring cast too.

I didn't even consider the score, no re-used music at all but still solid.

I couldn't help but chuckle at a few scenes of dialogue or hokey acting. Especially whenever that "american" lady was talking about being president.

I could have sworn eva music was used.

every time they had a meeting in the office and planned the next attack

same music anno used in those scenes in eva

Godzilla films with the good human characters:
> Gojira
> Mothra vs Godzilla
> Ghidorah
> Monster Zero
> Godzilla vs Gigan
> Godzilla vs Biollante
> Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
> Godzilla 2000
> GMK
> Shin Godzilla

Honorable mention:
> Godzilla vs Hedorah

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla is great you pleb

BLU-RAY RIP FUCKING WHEN??????

What did you guys think of the ending? With those things coming out of G's tail?

Im still trying to figure it out. Knowing Anno I think it's symbolism for what the embodiment of Godzilla is, the human remains of the Atomic Bomb's radiation but maybe Im overthiking it.

I remember hearing some people, either Yaguchi talking to his personal group about Godzilla's DNA showing that it will eventually evolve to sprout wings and get tot he point where it will try to colonize the Earth.
I believe those things in its tail were somehow its spawns that would play into that.

Mine was actually full of a lot more people than I thought. I'd say maybe around 40 or so? Some started to walk in once it began.
>clapping at the Toho logo right at the beginning
>quiet laughing during the joke scenes
>some asshole brought in like 3 fucking kids around 5 who kept yelling and talking, they actually were throwing a fucking ball around in the air
>someone's phone started ringing
Overall a pretty good crowd.

I don't understand why you would bring your shitty kids no one likes to a movie where it's supposed to be quiet. For fuck's sake leave em to a family member.

So why does Godzilla look so much like a dinosaur/reptile, despite absorbing life in an ocean that's largely devoid of such animals?

The only valid excuse that I can come up with is that those single-celled organism were millions of years old or had passed down their absorbed genetic coding over those said millions of years.

you realize the closest thing to dinosaurs in modern times are aquatic (crocodiles). And in prehistoric times there were things like Mosasaurus and lived in the deep sea