Just remind me again how long these two knew each other?

Just remind me again how long these two knew each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/leia-hugging-rey-jj-abrams-force-awakens/
youtube.com/watch?v=k4L_S9K-BkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ikWxBmP2zaA#t=31s
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inhibitor_chip
youtube.com/watch?v=Ng-QLo2hHn0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's a woman thing

Just turn your brain off brah

B-but I don't want irl idiocracy

I'm willing to take this as an explanation to be desu

maybe Leia knew her as a child

plus that's a typical women reaction

Ray is her neice user

She's Luke's daughter

slashfilm.com/leia-hugging-rey-jj-abrams-force-awakens/

Abrams actually publicly apologized for this one.

B-but women are catty and dont like eachother

FPBP

>Rey did I tell you about Chewie? We were through all sorts of adventures together, him and Han were practically brothers, but fuck that hairy nigger. He was a bad friend.

Pretty much everyone Rey meets likes and trusts her almost immediately.

>latent force powers leak out and make her super competent and beloved by all

So basically she's voldemort

>Don't mind me, I just lost my lifelong best friend.
>Yup, hug that random girl who knew Han for a few days and you even less.
>No no, please, DO forget the adventures we had together and the fact that I knew Han better and longer than anyone else alive.

Fuck Rey, that Mary Sue bitch, Chewie needed that hug.

>Main character showing no empathy for the woman who just lost her husband.
This is really better to you?
Never write.

>fuck you chewbacca you are irrelevant now

It's just weird that Leia decided to hug her instead of Chewie, who had been friends with Leia and Han for decades. It's also weird that Leia and Rey are immediately close enough for them hugging to make any sense. They've interacted for about 5 minutes in total. It's like one of those bad fanfictions where the author's self-insert character immediately becomes great friends with the original characters.

But Rey doesn't know her. She's just some lady with weird face to her. Why would she hug Leia?

This. Rey really, shouldn't give a fuck that Han was killed, at least not more than any of the other rebels. They knew each other for a couple of days and they're talking about how Rey looks up to him like a father.

It's like an anime plot.

>They've interacted for about 5 minutes in total

But they didn't. Rey was kidnapped before Finn met Leia. They've didn't seen each other never before - they are total strangers.

>Le Rey a Mary Sue Meme
Maybe Chewie doesn't deal with grief through hugging?

because she had already spoken to Leia and probably saw her and Han speaking and then watched him die by his sons hands then saw Leias face as she stepped out of the ship

did u watch this shit movie or what u cunt

Cuz she was mary sue just like the bitch in the new movie

(((Disney))) has realized by now that female SJW's are nothing but coorporate cashcows

In one film we're back to prequel tier writing. And we're getting one of these every year.

>People actually theorizing why Leia hugged Rey instead of Chewie
There's nothing to theorize or speculate. J. J. Abrams has openly admitted that it was a poor decision and that Leia should have comforted Chewie before meeting Rey.

Rey walks down the ramp and sees, for the first time, Leia.
C-3POand BB-8 behind her. The crowds are cheering.
Rey is so sad for Leia, so sorry.
The two women move for each other. And Leia takes Rey's
face in her hands. Despite her heartbreak, she is grateful.
She embraces Rey. A mother's embrace.

They got connected through force and shit.

>They've didn't seen each other never before

Did you just have a stroke?

Is The Force Awakens a movie men will never understand?

>and now, Rey, I shall teach you my greatest trick, Mind Control. Took me years of practice

>she had already spoken to Leia

She didn't. Rey was kidnapped by Kylo before Leia came to Maz planet. She only met Finn. Hug scene is the first scene where Leia and Rey see each other.

>It's like one of those bad fanfictions where the author's self-insert character immediately becomes great friends with the original characters.

So you're saying that deep down, JJ Abrams is a British girl in her early 20s?

>It's also weird that Leia and Rey are immediately close enough for them hugging to make any sense. They've interacted for about 5 minutes in total

Not even that, this scene was the first time they ever met.

To be fair, Rey knew about Han Solo, it's fair to assume she also knew about the princess who led the resistence against the Empire

but we've seen chewie hug people before if i recall correctly

Yup, he hugs Luke.

We have, but never while grieving.

Fuck that movie

Chewie should've died in a blaze of glory. He can't live without Han

true

In joy.

Joy and sorrow aren't the same thing.

Longer than Leia knew Obi wan yet she still named her firstborn after him. Leia is all kinds of messed up.

I always got the feeling that Chewie owed Han a life debt. Dying pointlessly doesn't honour a life debt.

Yah, good point. I'm going to go with this "wookies don't hug when mourning" theory to explain JJ's incredible fuck up.

TFA was one poor decision after another.

unfortunately it was a good financial decision

Why are people bending over backwards to defend a scene the director doesn't even defend?

Its not awful as fanon goes.

sometimes when the love of your life dies you need a fucking hug and it doesnt mater that much who provides that sort of comfort. Females tend to be more empathetic towards those kind of feelings... even more so if they are users of the force. Males, are a bit more awkward and tend to take more time to realize this and act.

It was still kinda weird, but its not crazy.

They have the sisterhood meme but are catty in secret when the subject is not around

Even so, every mistake JJ made automatically became canon. You either switch off your brain completely or try to understand how this senseless Star Wars universe works.

Not defending it, just trying to fix it so that we don't hate Star Wars over the mistakes of one man.

Implying Kennedy didn't write the script or have some other female write it and just attach Abrams name to it to pacify potential detractors. I'm sure Disney already had what they wanted in mind before Abrams entered the picture. He was necessary because he's good at competent imitation (ex: Super 8 and Star Trek).

The scene exists now and we want to rationalise it or our autism will go crazy. Its like spider sense for inane bullshit.

this scene always make me wonder if jj ever saw star wars before making the movie. should have hugged fucking chewie.

Literally nobody cares about canon

Chewie is one of the biggest cucks in the series.
>never gets a medal
>completely ignored when his best friend, basically his brother from another species, is killed

Oh and he was in Episode 3 for absolutely no reason

He put his arms around Leia when Han is being frozen as well..

Have you met the autistic fan base of most sci fi?

He understands human customs, that doesn't mean he has to or wants to partake in them all the time.

even so, some human should have hugged him on screen and he would have accepted the hug cause he's not an asshole

>literally this
Chewcuckka

>for absolutely no reason
them toys bruh

>Not an asshole
>Rips off arms for losing chess, apparently
Have you never been so furious and /or upset you didn't even want to be touched?
Isn't it concievable Chewie was in such a state over the loss of a life long friend?

It was just a bluff. 3PO was a bitch.

lol that's retarded and you know it.

Rey finally having a maternal figure to support her growth and maturity as a woman and a soldier is more important

Be that as it may, my second point still stands. Different people deal with grief in different ways, I'm sure that holds true of individual Wookies.

>Doing something for friends or family you don't necessarily agree with but do anyway for their sake is retarded.
No, its a pretty standard thing in society.

damnit
you are right
Even if the whole rip arms off thing was made up, what you say makes sense.

>Rips off arms for losing chess, apparently
>not realizing it was Chewie all along that ripped 3po's limbs off in epV

Chewie is a big dog.. of course he wanted to be comforted.

I'm not saying it was what JJ intended, but for a fan excuse its plausible.
I would be cool with that.
Red Arm too.

>not realizing it was Chewie all along that ripped 3po's limbs off in epV
Then has to suffer the indignity of carting him round on his back like some sort of big ol' house nigger.

Doesn't seem so.
He probably needed to be alone to listen to Kashyyk Death Metal, drowning out his tears.

>Chewie should've died in a blaze of glory.

This. The EU was generally shit, but having Chewie get murdered by a fucking moon while saving dozens of people's lives in the process was awesome.

oh boy
I sure hope they make a comic book all about how Chewie mourns Han.

There's still chance for him to have a glorious death.
And hopefully revenge against Kylo.

I'm imaging "How Could This Happen to Me" sung by bears.

But yeah, I'm sure someone will. Bonus points if no English dialogue.

Has a Jedi/Sith ever been killed by a non-Jedi/non-Sith in the movies?

Idk, I'm pretty autistic and I don't give a damn what Disney says is canon. All the old Lucas-approved stuff is fair game imo, all this new shit is just some alternate timeline made up by a literally who (which afaik is exactly what Abrams did with Star Trek too).

>revenge against his nephew that he loved so much he couldn't shoot in the head even after he killed his life debt best buddy

don't be stupid

would have been a good scene when leia and chewbacca hug and one of them reaches out to rey as well

>I'm autistic and only the stuff I like counts, the rest is just made up fanfics
That's also a pretty standard autistic response. See also Linkara vs. The new Power Rangers film.

Order 66?

You are literally his worst nightmare

> Guinness recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have watched Star Wars over 100 times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop watching the film, because, as Guinness told him, "this is going to be an ill effect on your life."

>Guinness is quoted as saying: "'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities."

>That's also a pretty standard autistic response.

I know, that's my point. I'm saying that because Star Wars has so many autist fans (like me), you're likely to get a decent number of people who just don't care about the "new canon".

Eh. I can hope. I want to see the pissant that killed Han suffer, but I know I won't get it. Let me dream dammit.

>Has a Jedi/Sith ever been killed by a non-Jedi/non-Sith in the movies?

Nearly all of them have been killed by non-Jedi/non-Sith.

youtube.com/watch?v=k4L_S9K-BkQ

>save the dream

Order 66 was committed by Palpatine using the clones as proxies.

It's confirmed repeatedly that clones can't kill Jedi

Everyone who find SJW7 good - is tasteless retard and should end his life immediately. How did this shit made 2 bil? How many nostaligafags it have?

>you're likely to get a decent number of people who just don't care about the "new canon".
True, but I'm seeing more in the stages of trying to come to terms with change rather than just sticking their heads in the sand and pretending nothing is different. No offence meant.

They never met until this movie. Rey is her father reincarnated though.

>It's confirmed repeatedly that clones can't kill Jedi

What are you talking about? There's a 3 or 4-minute scene in the movie that is nothing but clones killing Jedi.

It's a false flag apology. He did it on purpose. They know what they're doing.

But clones killed Jedi en masse.
Are you really saying Sheev reached out with the force and killed every last Jedi by embuing the clones blasters with Dark Side Magic....?
That's even more retarded than just clones killing Jedi.
If Sheev was that powerful he barely fucking needs a Death Star.

So you're telling me Rey is actually Vader?
Seems legit.

No. She's Darth Vader.

>Are you really saying Sheev reached out with the force and killed every last Jedi by embuing the clones blasters with Dark Side Magic....?

That's exactly what happened.

Same as him using Sith Mind Trick to make senators cheer his formation of the Galactic Empire.

Sheev was fucking hax

Both are strong in the force women who can feel emotions.

Think about it for a second.
Nobody gives a shit about chewbacca. He is essentially a pet.

This is true, it's kind of an extreme space racism. Everyone except Han thinks Chewie is a fucking dog.
>that scene when luke strokes chewie under the ear in episode 5

>That's exactly what happened.

No, it isn't. He just gave them an order and they followed it, because they're conditioned to carry out orders without emotion. That's why so many Jedi never saw it coming.

>Same as him using Sith Mind Trick to make senators cheer his formation of the Galactic Empire.

No, those senators were just incredibly corrupt.

Now this would be a twist I could get behind.
Sure would explain all the Marysueishness

forever because muh force. can you really not understand a children's flick?

>Mass Jedi Kill on a Galactic Scale
I say again, that is fucking retarded.
He barely needs the Death Star.
>Sith Mind Trick to make senators cheer his formation of the Galactic Empire.
What...?
No, he just straight up fooled them, it wasn't through using the force, it was years of planning.

I hope you don't have a source for this.
Please just be fanon.

The way wookies are treated is really weird. They have cities, weapons, ships, but they're used as slave labor by the Empire and treated as pets by everyone else.

>He just gave them an order and they followed it, because they're conditioned to carry out orders without emotion

Canon is that they had a chip that triggered when hearing "order 66" and robbed them of their free will, making them kill the jedi.

Clone Wars and Rebels confirm this.

If you must argue with retards, at least argue accurately.

manchildren*
Old Star Wars was for children, yes, but new star wars was for those children grown up. That's why it's a pure nostalgia fest.
Episode 7 would have been for children if they had used George Lucas's original script where the main characters were much younger.

>Chip / Conditioned Trigger Phrase
Same difference thematically.
One isnjust easier for kids to get.

>The way wookies are treated is really weird. They have cities, weapons, ships, but they're used as slave labor by the Empire and treated as pets by everyone else.

You act like this didn't happen irl all the time

(im )
nevermind, you were right, I just proved your point myself lol

>Canon is that they had a chip that triggered when hearing "order 66" and robbed them of their free will, making them kill the jedi.

Lol, what? Order 66 was just another order. The clones felt no emotion carrying it out, which is what allowed them to take the Jedi by surprise.

>Clone Wars and Rebels confirm this.

Aww, that's a shame. I preferred the non-retarded explanation that was part of the EU before those cartoon network shows. Do you have a source for that "chip" explanation (maybe a video or something)? Because even for the silly Star Wars EU, that's just really, really stupid.

>Same as him using Sith Mind Trick to make senators cheer his formation of the Galactic Empire.

If I recall that was Darth Jar Jar

And they said Gungans were black people, pfffffft...

It's called empathy, you autistic sociopaths

See The chip isn't a big deal.

The idea of Palapatine doing a galaxy wide spell of Jedi Slaying +5...? That's retarded.

Did YOU watch the movie? What are you talking about? BTW she had no idea who Ren was to Han and Leia.

if you actualy watched this movie expecting any less than pandering nonsense, you deserve to be publicly made fun of and branded with a large 'R' on your forehead, standing for 'RETARD'

>Canon is that they had a chip

I don't think you know what canon means

>Do you have a source for that "chip" explanation (maybe a video or something)?

youtube.com/watch?v=ikWxBmP2zaA#t=31s

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inhibitor_chip
>

She didn't even know she was standing on the Falcon until Han told her.

Clone Wars and Rebels are Canon.

Oh yeah, you're right. Kind of a shame though, I think I liked the original idea better.

I hate that fucking show so much. The graphics are vomit inducing.

New season just started and they got an art upgrade because Disney finally remembered that they used to make cartoons for a living and put some money into it.

The idea being that both of them being strong with the Force and never having met, would know about each other — that Leia would have been told about her beyond what we saw onscreen and Rey of course would have learned about Leia. And that reunion would be a meeting and a reunion all in one, and a sort of commiseration of their mutual loss.

if you're a child

besides its so much more sinister and cool to believe how the jedi befriended and humanized them while they were trained and ready to execute them at any moment..

WE GET IT. THE WRITING IS BAD. REY IS A MARY SUE. SHUT THE FUCK UP

Seems like a convenient workaround for the whole order 66 thing if you ask me. Making it a physical removable object rather than part of tjheoir indoctrination feels cheap.
Ypou have to wonder why said technology is no longer in use by the empire or the first order.

this
Why do they have to ruin everything that's good? I think they are dumbing Star Wars down to scary levels nowadays.

wtf are you talking about idiot that didn't happen you're looking too far into it because you're an sjw feminist nu-male cuck shill

>reality isn't edgy enough so I substitute my own opinion as fact

No, y're canon regardless of your age. It's you who doesn't seem to get how canon works.

Not that I disagree that I prefer the indoctrination angle to a literal plot device they had implanted.

Lmao that is a J.J. quote

see
>One isnjust easier for kids to get.

Clone Wars is a saturday morning cartoon made for six year olds

"Mind-chip" is easier to understand than "indoctrinated and conditioned at birth to obey the orders of Sheev without question"

shame because you got it

RELAX GUYS IT'LL MAKE SENSE IN THE DIRECTOR'S CUT

>It's you who doesn't seem to get how canon works.

If anything, the fact that Disney just threw out 40 years of expanded universe canon should make you realize how fickle and easily malleable canon is

remember, it didn't actually happen, it's all fiction, all Kathy Kennedy and Pablo Hidalgo have to do to make something noncanon is say "it didn't happen lmao" and it's no longer canon

Both me.

I don't disagree its easier for kids to get. The problem is that it being canon doesn't make much sense in the wider context.

Besides, "We were brainwashed, but it didnt work on all of us, not if we fought...we all have a choice" would also have worked fine for kids.

>yfw chewie didn't die in hand to hand combat with 30 death troopers whilst this plays after he sees han die

youtube.com/watch?v=Ng-QLo2hHn0

It would be awkward because Chewie is Kylo's real dad

When will people realize that Rey Skywalker theory is dead?

>Canon is malleable
Agreed.
>Therefore nothing is canon.
Disagree.

Why does The Force Copypastes have its own dedicated defense squad on Cred Forums?

>Chewie dying valiantly holding off endless enemy hoards

Could be based

Because you can't accept people have a different opinion to you unless its framed as a conspiracy?

Normies haven't been following the new info. They don't know that the Canon timeline makes Rey being Luke's kid too complicated and would character assassinate Luke if real.

women don't have actual feelings though

When they say on-screen that she is not his daughter and give a satisfactory alternative explanation for her skill with the force and a lightsaber despite being untrained and unprepared

>What is The Force?

You'll for sure get the first, thankfully. Rey Skywalker is a shitty, lazy story. And maybe you'll get the second. If we're lucky.

Since when have the people in charge of new Star Wars cared about doing justice to the old characters?

>Everything done in the OT accomplished nothing because they need Empire 2: Electric Boogaloo to be as strong as the old Empire in order to copy the conditions of ANH for the reboot.
>Rey knows more about the Milennium Falcon than fucking Han
>Han dies without ever getting to see him with Luke again
>Luke ran away to hide in the middle of nowhere instead of staying to fight for no real reason other than to turn him into a Macguffin and new Yoda.

Rey will be Luke's daughter because it's the most predictable thing that can happen.

This.

Control Chip LOL was just an easy/lazy way to force instant trust no questions and no doubt.

I'm mostly saying that for people who actively want her to be Luke's daughter for some reason. Even when they at the same time complain about TFA being a rehash.

That's exactly why it won't happen. It's predictable for a reason. They want everyone to assume this. What will happen is Rey is going to ask Luke "Are you my father?" and he'll respond "No, you are my father."

>a bloo bloo bloo not muh mary sue OT protagonists

Seriously, being mad Luke and Han didn't get to see other again is basically being mad the movie didn't pander directly to your sensibilities, and having Han Solo actually have an involved character arc and dying tragically was a lot braver than your suggested generic DUDE FANSERVICE LMAO appearance

I bet you think Han should have died "like a badass" shooting a bunch of stormtroopers while telling Rey YOU GO ON AHEAD I'LL HOLD EM OFF before he blows himself up saying NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS because that would have been soooooooooo badass right?

You're a child. Also, Rey knowing how to fix a particular problem on the Falcon is explained, so is why Luke left. Stop shitposting while watching movies, you'll enjoy them more.

If Rey is Luke and Ren is Vader, then logically he is her father, making Leia her grandmother.

So that's why

You're the one that can't accept some people disliking a shit movie.

Nice projecting, but you are not only welcome to your opinion but I'm not retarded enough to assume you are part of a "defence force".

But they'll want a TWIST. Rey being Luke's daughter won't cut it because everyone expects that and they no doubt knew everyone would expect it.

Ren is not Vader you moron.

Maybe if you parse the movie and nitpick it enough, you can hide the fact your problem is really just visceral butthurt from feeling emasculated by the girl beating the guy in a fight.

>wears a mask
>works for the baddies
>killed the older mentor figure of the protagonist

Yes he is

He's saying Ren is the thematic equivalent of Vader, not literally.

You're the faggot projecting.

The movie sucked. Learn to deal with it instead of jumping to its defense as if you were jew jew's personal fuck toy.

Yes it was a mistake. Even JJ admit it.

Did you miss the part where he's a wimpy loser desperately trying to mimic Vader to make up for his own insecurities? He's trying to sell this lie that he's new big bad sith lord despite being terrible at it

That's a nice opinion you got there sport.

Upvoted :)

I was ok with them hugging, but I thought Chewbacca should have been the one Leia ran to and hugged first.

There was a clear "moment we deal with Han's death" and it should have been between Leia and Chewie, rather than new girl.

Rey Skywalker is a red herring. She's not related and she'll have a romance with Kylo Ren

It's like a metaphor for the film itself. Pure pottery.

>He isn't PRECISELY Darth Vader, therefore he doesn't serve the same narrative function!

how do you explain the animated series where a bunch of clone troopers team up and captures a jedi

How's that a Spoiler?
The second their eyes met there was a forbidden spark.

The only thing Vader and Kylo have in common is "antagonist"

they are not the same character at all

This never even occurred to me before this thread. Who gives a fuck about Chewbacca?

You mean The Villain? You're complaining that he's the sympathetic antagonist?

Sounds like the movie itself. Basically a fraud selling itself as something great.

>He's the bad guy in this one.
>He's Darth Vader.
Are you fucking 12?

que?

>Same character
No one said that they were genius.

He is rignt

Luke was also sad when ben dies to.

But it is good.

Would Han really name his son Ben? Isn't that something Luke would do. I dunno, I feel like the big dumb twist is that Luke is Kylo's father

Yes he would. Obi-Wan is the reason Han and Leia met in the first place.

Literally NO ONE but Rey/Luke/or Leia will kill kylo, if the cunt even dies

Luke's son in the EU was named Ben. Since that's now Legends, they just switched it around.

Poor planning, and editing.

Originally Leia was the one handing the lightsaber to Rey, but then they decided to shoot a different version with butthole eyes, but had no scene where she hugged chewie instead.

I'm really upset that Plinkett didnt discuss this huge gapping asshole.

It's rather sad, isn't it?
It shows just how little soul and humanity in the movie.
Things just happen because they fit the basic pattern they worked out.
But people will still ignore/rationalize it, because liking movie fits in the pattern they worked out for their life.
Puzzle pieces fitting into appropriate holes, no time for feelings, gotta fill those empty holes with more pieces.

> no time for feelings, gotta fill those empty holes with more pieces.

so just like my life but with less heroin and fast food.

hit just a little to close to home user

It's rather sad, isn't it?
It shows just how little soul and humanity in the haters.
Things just suck because they dont fit the basic pattern they worked out.
But they will still ignore/rationalize it, because disliking the nmovie fits in the pattern they worked out for their life.
Puzzle pieces not fitting into their fanon, no time for fun, gotta fill those empty lives with more bitching.

is anyone even looking forward to more Star Wars movies?

the characters are forgettable as fuck as was TFA itself. if the next one doesn't include a lot of Luke then fuck it all tbhfam.

>Are people excited to see more of one of the largest and most successful multi generational franchises...?
Obviously yes.
Are you crazy?

I would too, she's so cute.

Not really. I kind of wish I never liked star wars. I hope they star flopping.

but they won't.

Why tf are there 9 star wars threads at once?

Its obviously a conspiracy to displace Bane Posting with actual discussion of film. Be sure to alert the proper authorities.

huh?

fuck off normie i meant actual humans

Woulnd't that kill you??

Normies are actual humans no !matter how much you try to ignore them lad.

>Who shares my opinion?
>People who disagree don't count!
I guess everybody agrees with you then.

Oops,

Millions of people do.
Millions of autistic people but nevertheless.

Glad you clarified. I wasn't sure how I fit in there.

kiss my arse

You wish.

I'm sorry reality triggers you...?

This guy gets it.

Watch when two women are forced to interact, say a 5 minute train ride.

They tell all secrets to the lady stranger- blowing up their husband or boyfriend's life details several times a day.

daily reminder she called chewie a walking carpet and thus didn't feel like hugging it

Chewie
>Does not have to age because it's a suit
Han
>Has to age

Guess which one has the longer merchandise lifespan?

i just watched this movie for first time the other night, and im a bit late to the thread, but had alreaday walked passed, he was with the wounded black guy in the floating ambulance almost off screen when these two hugged it out