What is the end game with this show exactly...

What is the end game with this show exactly? If they keep going at the rate that they are we could see this show reach maybe 15 seasons? And thats only if kirkman decides to stop releasing or end the comics?
Theres only so many zombies in the world, and unless you're a moron like maggie and decide to get pregnant during an apocalypse those numbers are going to keep declining. Eventually the only threat will be the savages that act like just because its an apocalypse situation they're allowed to kill, steal, and just be giant dicks in general.
But what then? when all the zombies are gone? how are you supposed to rebuild society after all the things you've done? all the people you've killed? Can't just go back to normalcy after that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7Q6wazD_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The end game will be building villages, establishing trade, cleaning the surroundings and cities of the dead and use past technology to quickly rebuild society.

>But what then? when all the zombies are gone? how are you supposed to rebuild society after all the things you've done? all the people you've killed? Can't just go back to normalcy after that
Well in real life white people managed to oppress every single ethnicity and they found a way to live with themselves.

oh boo hoo

>pump it for every last drop
>maybe make a movie
>syndicate to basic cable for the next 20 years

It doesn't matter what the characters do. if you've been watching thus far you know what you're in for.

I was looking up the air date for this seasons opener on wikipedia when i found this. It was from an interview.

Executive producer David Alpert said in 2014, that the original comics have given them enough ideas for Rick Grimes and company over the next seven years. "I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what Season 10 is gonna be", Alpert said. "We know where seasons 11 and 12 [will be]... we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there."

Build a village, someone trips over hits their head and dies. Some one goes over to check, gets bitten by zombie villager and so on and so on.

Everyone is infected, they can't rebuild. It would be constant paranoia and sick people would be killed.

People aren't exactly stupid and small villages are hard to infect.

Everyones infected, all it takes is 1 zombie. A child playing with another child one dies, one gets bit, goes home to family, mother keeps it secret mother gets bit and it spreads.

Humans are better off living as nomads.

After surviving the apocalypse for years, I think people would be more paranoid about people acting weird or there being silence in their home.

OOOOOOOooooor

Everyone gets a explosive collar put on

vital signs drop, boom. it'll save us from all those assholes that come back to life and say they saw jesus playing with gamgam too.

Exactly, Like I already said everyone would be paranoid and society would fall apart.

Kirkman used to say that it was conceived as a never ending zombie story but now he's saying that it'll end with issue 300. I believe that they have no clue how to end it and he's just bullshitting.

If i were kirkman, i'd end it with rick waking up from a coma and it was all his bad coma dream.

>A child playing with another child one dies
what kind of games did you play as a kid?

Paranoia doesn't necessarily cause the end of society, it just makes everyone be on guard all the time. Similarly to people who live in a district with lots of muslims, blacks or other scum.
Too predictable and he already said he wouldn't do that.
It will probably end with Carl being an adult and the remnants of society having completely fallen.

Is Russian Roulette not popular where you're from

Semi-autos are the best way to play

That's fine for the comic because Carl is pretty cool and badass in the comic. TV Carl grew up to be an annoying pussy that no one likes though.

that would be actually cool and interesting so probably not going to happen

Does anyone else find the whisperers extremely boring, and difficult to find intimidating after the masterpiece that is the negan saga?

Critics, reviewers, fans, everyone tries to say that the whisperers are even more formidable than negan and the saviors. However they really don't seem like it, it seems like kirkman is relying on the community for forced fan made lore.

not that guy but I live in east europe

playing russian roulette with a semi auto TT pistol legit happened in 2009 in my town

theres no gun crime otherwise the dudes dad was a policeman so he had one.

They were a cool idea but poor execution. The comic has been sputtering for a long time now. For one, after all the shit Negan did, no one would agree to let him live.

I had hope that the brain damage would finally turn him into an actual sociopath as it did in the comics, but he's still the same shitty old Carl he always was. Maybe DYEL Negan will teach him how to be badass as he did in the comics.
It would be the most realistic ending but considering Kirkman and his boner for Carl and edgy things, he'll just end it as described here Negan was the end-game boss and after he allied him with Rick, there is nothing left that could actually threathen them, even the upcoming rebellion from the Saviours and the Kingdom. My best guess is that the Saviours will get Negan back after fucking with the ASZ and then Negan leads them to destroy the Kingdom or at least take it over.
After that, there are no real threats anymore besides maybe mega hordes consisting of millions of zombies or the guys in Ohio. I don't know how Kirkman will continue this story after issue 200, because unless he makes them go on the street again, there isn't much that he can still cover.

Aliens

Over 300 million people became infected, and the survivors were initially numbered around 1 million, if that. Assuming that the zombies never falter or deteriorate, each person would have to kill on average 300 zombies in their remaining lifetime for all of them to be removed. And now that most everyone is relatively secure in their own communities, most people won't even reach the kill count for walkers that Rick's group has. Plus, the amount of living humans in the US has probably sharply declined to around ~50,000 people by this point in S7, so that's almost a million more zombies to deal with, and the number keeps rising.

>playing russian roulette with a semi auto TT pistol legit happened in 2009 in my town

Did he win? :^)

Do you think the guys in ohio are a threat? Or do you think kirkman hasn't even thought of that yet

thats what theyve been doing for the past few seasons

this is the only thing I can see happening

what else could happen? they all die and zombies just completely take over.

heh

"Uh, noooo, you go first...."

I think they wanted to make Carl a sociopath but Chandler Riggs just couldn't pull it off. They were obviously going down that route in season 3 but they dropped it completely after that.

It's going to be interesting to see if they keep All Out War's ending because from everything we've seen it looks like they're making Negan be completely irredeemable.

all of earth's nuclear powerplants-- being unattended for years-- have reached meltdown and are churning out massive amounts of radioactive particles into the atmosphere/ocean. All the survivors that are above ground die from cancer in 5 years. Rick dies of brain cancer. The end.

Protip: this show is fucking gay

*250,000 is a more accurate estimate of people still left, because even in relatively dense urban centers like the D.C. area where Rick's group is located there's around 2,000 people out and about.

The mountainous regions of New England, the corn belt, the West, and Cascadia most likely have a large proportion of people that don't even know a fucking apocalypse happened.

maybe overtime earth gets chernobyled and The Last of Us scenario begins

Kirkman said that the zombies outnumber the survivors by the factor 5000:1, which means there are a million survivors around the world IF all the 7 billion zombies are still alive, which I don't think because major cities would have surely been nuked.
For now, they are not really a threat, unless these guys are former military and have missiles. Kirman will probably try to create some kind of national trade between all communities located in America.
They haven't really been doing shit. The comic is far ahead with actual trade taking place and the surrounding being cleaned and blocked by walls etc.
That is Kirkman's edgy ending. Everyone but Carl and maybe Sophia dies.
Playing a sociopath isn't necessarily hard. Just make Chindler act as if he doesn't care about the show (which he doesn't) and make him shoot a few guys and kids without remorse.
Modern nuclear powerplants aren't that dangerous m8.

desu some Adam and Eve edgy bullshit wouldn't be so bad and nice, but everything's already been done in endings.

literally can't think of any unique way to end a zombie Apocolypse show.

>Kirkman said that the zombies outnumber the survivors by the factor 5000:1
So my estimate that there's ~50,000 people left was pretty close.

But if you take into account that proportion is probably skewed, in the US at least.

I'm sure Africa was completely wiped out and large parts of Asia, so that probably balances out the statistic.

I think I'd like an ending where everyone dies except for Rick. He's left completely alone and wanders the Earth unable to be killed because he's a badass and he's too stubborn to kill himself.

>all of earth's nuclear powerplants-- being unattended for years-- have reached meltdown and are churning out massive

They would just shut themselves down

>All the survivors that are above ground die from cancer in 5 years. Rick dies of brain cancer

It usually takes around 30 years to die from radiation induced cancers

jerry get ipad

Chandler cannot fucking act, plain and simple. He's trying desperately hard, but he just doesn't have the knack for it.

everyone dies except for negan and rick.

and then they make a sitcom spinoff about rick and negan and their banter.

>kill on average 300 zombies in their remaining lifetime for all of them to be removed
300 is nothing dude. you could kill 300 within 1 day.

he did actually, brains all over the wall

There are several scenarios on how the story could end:
-everyone dies and humanity is finished
-everyone dies and we get a new group of survivors
-everyone but Carl (and Sophia) dies
-the group gets back on the street (minus maybe Rick and some other important characters) to see how the world has changed after 8-15 years after the apocalpse
-they re-establish society and systematically kill of all zombies while implementing safety procedures
-ayy lmaos come to earth and take over (unlikely, because why would they need earth when they can travel that far in the first place)
-it was all a dream lmao xdd
Most densily populated parts of Asia and Africa are probably completely gone, but these continents are pretty big so there must be lots of survivors. Europe would also be hard to survive in, but hey at least Germany has woods and many agriculture villages.
Then just make him shut the fuck up and just shoot every enemy on sight. Or replace him with a better actor and tell to viewers to suck it up.
Negan is in love with Rick, so it would be a romcom.
Maybe with your magical Cold Steel Emperor Katana, but normal survivors would barely kill a zombie a week because damaging the head without getting bitten is incredily hard to do irl.

>Modern nuclear powerplants aren't that dangerous m8.
>They would just shut themselves down

you fools are fucking ignant.

do yourselves a favor and get off Cred Forums and spend more time on /sci/

Dude, I spent a lot of time on /sci/ arguing about the meme drive and how it will revolutionize space travel. Those people there are just as retarded as the rest of Cred Forums because they fall for it every single time.

You'd think Andrew Lincoln would want to try and break into movies based on his TWD fame, but he'll be tied down by the series forever.

He doesn't seem like he gives a shit about fame or money. When he does autograph signings he either does them for free or the money goes to charity. Which is awesome considering Norman Reedus charges like $200.

m8, if nuclear powerplants are unattended they melt down. there is no "auto-shutdown". see Fukushima.

if EVERY plant on the planet is left unattended, they WILL all meltdown. 200 meltdowns will produce enough radioactivity to kill everyone quick-- less than a decade

why is this faggit so smug looking?

>tied down

Most of the plutonium would not explode but rather burn itself through earth and dissipiate with time.

TWD gives him more money and fame than any movie career could give him. He is probably fine milking this teet for as long as he can.

because hes more attractive than you and he knows it

Thank god I got off this train after s2

>there is no "auto-shutdown". see Fukushima.
That's not the problem with fukushima.

It's called badass with a gun syndrome

Bruce Willis got it, Arnold got it, they all get it

you don't throw a job like this away. Savior complex and lots o money.

>there is no "auto-shutdown

There is. Fukushima was like the last plant on earth without electromagnetic shutdown mechanism

anyone still watching this should jump ship to Z Nation, its so much better

>people
you tried

NO end game. Renewed for season 8 already and comic still going.

Oh log off Tabitha. you have school tomorrow

Seems like the safe way out lol

this is the most pleb series rigth now

well maybe supernatural is above it but nothing more

>Superpleb
>Tumblr: The Show
>Tumblrnatural

At this point pretty much everyone knows how to kill a zombie. They were only dangerous in the beginning because
>lots of zombies
>nobody knows what's happening
Neither of which would apply once people settle down. That said, it's more likely that they run the show as long as possible and let it die once the ratings drop. Writing a real ending would be giving up on their shekels.

I actually hope we can see geo-political fallout like The Last Ship addresses.

Look at Asia for example. Imagine if say 100,000 Chinese survived somehow and they have a leadership arise to rally them. They have plenty of living space to expand all around them. They can start colonizing the rest of Asia without anyone to oppose them.

I have a feeling that Australia has some civilization intact. It's lightly populated and occupies a continent island. The survivors would be in a Mad Max scenario.

The Republic of Ireland is wracked with Walkers and the remaining Irish Catholics and Protestant population in Northern Ireland have to put aside centuries of hatred and mistrust to survive.

There's so much story potential that TWD deserves a better treatment in its expanded universe than Fear the Walking Dead.

Killing a zombie is still pretty hard if you don't have a rifle.

It's not too hard if you're only dealing with 1 and you're not a weakling. A zombie lacks the speed and finesse of a human so all you have to do is trip them up and smack their head in with an axe or something. Just be sure that they don't grab a hold of you or bite you.

At this point, I just want an anthology of short stories about different survivors.

Don't care. How long does it take for episodes to upload after airing?

Congrats OP, you realized that there is no endgame.

The Walking Dead comics and show at this point are just milking the same "Oh shit is bad --> Start to establish a bit of a society --> Humans do bad stuff and ruin everything getting some of our friends killed --> Lets try rebuilding a part of society again.." cycle.

I kind of stopped reading the comics around the start of the Negan saga when Glenn got killed. Is it really worth reading? I found myself really tired of everything by then.

ALIUMS

Op,theyre not zombies. They never call them zombies.

To be brutally honest the movies would most likely be subpar compared to TWD. Capeshit is shit. 007 is shit. There's nowhere to go but down. I guess they'd pay more maybe but eh.

I don't think where we are in the comic right now is where the show will end. Close, but not there yet. If the wheels fly off it will be past where Kirkman thinks the show will ever get. Right now the fatty still has his shit sorted. Of course he's thought of some mysterious out of state settlement causing drama.

yeah read the war. Saviors vs ricks group. It's really fun, however if you weren't compelled to read after glen got beaten and you weren't interested in negan then probably don't read.

the walkers ftvmp eventually decay to nothing and become a no less perpetual but manageable threat, letting the survivors to focus on rebuilding society and not just temporary forts

plus their experience leaves them well prepared to handle specific situations and crises

and then starts land of the dead

>walkers are rotting but never actually complete the process of deterioration
>birds, maggots, and small animals are never shown ravaging walkers and eating them to death
>walkers are immune to effects of cold and never shown freezing solid and collapsing to pieces come the thaw
>walkers don't dry up and shrivel to dust as a result of being exposed to the sun without capacity to sweat

Zombies are literally the stupidest enemy type ever. In a real zombie apocalypse situation none of them would be around for more than a few weeks, it completely defies basic biology.

>supernatural fantasy type monster
>defies biology
you don't say.

>dragons are dumb, they breathe fire they defy all laws of biology

>vampires are dumb, they live forever, they defy all laws of biology

>ghosts are dumb, they can go through walls, they defy all laws of biology

>super heroes are dumb, they defy all laws of biology

Maybe if you stopped mixing fantasy with reality you wouldn't be such a dense dumbass

The pacing is weird in relation to the comic

I have a sinking feeling we won't be seeing all out war until next season, meaning we have 16 episodes of a relatively boring Negan arc unless they do something radical with Daryl

There is no end-game, retarded TWD audience will continue watching until the end of times

At this point I see this shit writers adding in some fucking aliens.

We've already been down the full call of duty path with below average civilians, now were heading into pet tigers/lions in post apoc Atlanta

>just turn off ur brain bruh why u gotta overthink so much xD

No, I refuse to just sit back and let media constantly hit us over the head with its granite cinderblock of stupidity. The fact that intelligent people aren't consulted to factcheck basic shit like this is why television will never be a respect medium of high art. Kindly fuck off back to plebbit if you're not going to contribute anything constructive to this conversation.

Is this how RAW starts feuds

You wasted quads double-nigger

So no more dragons, no more vampires no more ghosts, no more super heros. No more fantasy of any kind, no more anything thats not cold hard 100% reality?

God you sound enlightened.

>No more fantasy of any kind, no more anything thats not cold hard 100% reality?

Fantasy is a pleb-tier genre anyway.

>posts starwars

Like the comic I doubt there is any endgame in sight. Just beat it to death till it finally collapses from exhaustion.

Has there been any evidence to support the dream theory?

I hope we get shit like this sometime
youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7Q6wazD_E
I'm tired of focusing on 50 people in shitty rural Arkansas or whatever

i wish they introduced a cure/smart zombies or something

This guys acting is literally the only good thing
about TWD, they were truly lucky when he
signed up for this, just watch Negans introduction

>What is the end game with this show exactly?
They will start rebuilding society step by step, new nations, new symbols, untill the memont when someone remind them that the Old World still alive, sleep, but alive and still can speak.

Fukushima got hit by a Tsunami after a 9.0 earthquake

And then what?

>when all the zombies are gone?

The general unspoken rule of thumb for zombie longevity is 10 to 12 years. There's an unspoken rule that the reanimation process slows the decay process, which makes sense

>m8, if nuclear powerplants are unattended they melt down. there is no "auto-shutdown". see Fukushima.

First, you're wrong.

Second, at the start of a major catastrophe like this they would have shut down the nuclear power plants.

Your shit post is a classic example of nerd over-think. Just some bitchy, complaining nerd looking for something stupid to nit pick.

Quads confirmed for truth

Do you feel something when you crush an insect under your shoe?

>I'm sure Africa was completely wiped out and large parts of Asia, so that probably balances out the statistic.
Africans and Asians would figure out how to survive and adapt quickly because they're not as soft as Americans.

I think he means no retarded shit like showing guns with silencers (shit barely muffles) superheros with powers that defy logic (for example let's say when iceman beat pyro in a ice/fire blast standoff. at least they film the zombies looking like they are decaying. there's a video online where someone does the math and technically the apocalypse should end in a couple of months. they just kept moving north so it wasn't as hot. technically the zombies in GA should be decomposed fully by now. and the last few seasons only covered short moments of time. last season being all of two days or some stupid shit like that

there was a rumour once that Kirkman himself said he wanted to end the series with rick waking up with his family all there and Carl watching night of the living dead on the tv. he'd see random hospital patients and attendants and they'd all be people from his dream. idk about source

Your post gave me cancer

I wouldn't even be mad at that. It's a fictional show. Who cares how it ends in the last five minutes

Would a zombie disease even be possible in the real world? Considering that you need food and water for your muscles to work, how are billions of zombies managing to eat enough and get the nutrients they need just for basic movement? We never see zombies drinking, either.

Before you say, "well, they probably eat animals and get water from blood," remember all of the zombies that were stuck inside a quarry for months and somehow still able to get around.

No. Zombies are SUPERNATURAL MONSTERS not a bunch of fags with AIDS.

>Just some bitchy, complaining nerd looking for something stupid to nit pick.
dont have to nit pick this show-- its shit on its face value.

Absolute pleb core. everyone would die from cancer. the end

Just end it with them have a large society, then just have one of the people say "it's been 2 years since we saw a zombie"

The end.

Well, you're not wrong....

>muslims, blacks or other scum
Nuh. You already know they're bad. That's fear. Paranoia is living next to Whiteys who might have a rape dungeon or shoot up a cinema/school/post office/government building with no signs of them gonna do it. Whiteys smile all time for no reason. It creeps me out.