I had a little baby brother and he was perfect; perfect in every way!

>I had a little baby brother and he was perfect; perfect in every way!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6wCrdINidls
youtube.com/watch?v=jyzNP8IUs2g
madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Gas_Town
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I actually have always liked that part of the movie. Something about it just really portrays the sheer insanity of the Mad Max world.

are you kidding me? Look at his fucking gun, its like something out of looney toons. Love this movie.

From my point of view your little baby brother was evil!

nice

witness me

MEDIOCRE

I want to like this movie so much. I re-watched for first time this weekend since i saw it at the theater. But the fem shit ruined it for me or at least im not sure how to feel about it.

watch this, and then watch the film again. makes its so much better

youtube.com/watch?v=6wCrdINidls

If he's so perfect then how come he's dead?

Autism.

Women are portrayed as fucking inept and insane in this movie.

The men are also insane, but capable.

yeah that goes without saying these days. The writing is retarded as always

but it had some ok visuals

that scene where the dude touches the girl for like two seconds and then sacrifices himself for her was so cringe

>But the fem shit ruined it
>tfw you will never be this insecure about your masculinity.

Capable was one of the women though

Oh grow up

He's a big guy. Bigger than Bane.

For you

He's right though. It was boring and fucked with the pacing. Took a potential 10/10 to 9/10 over the course of the movie. Plus, madcuck was dumb.
I say that as a hopeless weeb that would rather watch an all female cast than an all male one.

Cred Forums made a huge deal out of Furiosa fighting equally against Max, but he was severely handicapped due to being chained to a 150 pound dude and was outnumbered 5 to 1 and still he was winning the fight all the way through.

>being happy your father gave birth to a better version of you who he will nurture and treat as his heir

Never got this. George Miller wrote the character and it evolved naturally. The only time political correctness ruins a movie for me is when it is blatantly crammed into a movie.

It's a meme that kicked off because Miller brought in a feminist consultant woman to teach the women how people react when they're essentially sex slaves under a captor

It's dumb as fuck

that's nice

>fem shit

>max beats furiosa in a fight
>immortan joe rules the wasteland
>title character is a guy
>person who literally saves the expedition is a guy (nux)
>max saves furiosa's life with a gary stu blood transfusion
>all the female grannys die
>warboys are portrayed as noble and capable
>wives are incapable and a liability throughout the entire film
>furiosa looks like a man in half the shots

this film is literally women ruin everything: the film

>Max with a handicap beats Furiosa
>His plan leads the women to freedom while Furiosa's would have killed them in an endless salt field
>women shown to have destroyed their own "Green Place"
>Almost all the granny riders died in the chase back to the Citadel
>Immortan Joe shown to have educated his wives, protected them, provided vegetables, security and clean water in a wasteland for thousands of people
>Immortan shown grieving the loss of one of his wives and child

Baww, keep crying bitch.

So we can all agree 2 > 4 > 1 >>>>>>>>>> 3?

i'd swap 4 and 2 but they're close enough to have a preference margin of error desu

2=4>1>3

Correct

Fury Road is still a great action movie, but the plot and the script is a hell of a lot weaker than the Road Warrior.

Got to admit, the granny tribe being the "good guys" and the women blaming men for the "end of the world" was a bit much.

Rewatched it a few days ago and couldn't even understand why i crushed in this girl when i saw it at the theater. She's not even that attractive. Probably because i fall easily for redheads.

That being said ... WITNESS MY DIGITS.

>the perfect utopia is now a swamp and only a few women remain
>they use the one women with good looks to lure unsuspecting groups of men so they can kill them and steal their supplies
>their plan after they meet up with Furiosa is to drive across the salt flats (aka the dried up ocean) until they find civilization

This was a good plan.

The only positive thing Furiosa accomplished was her attempt to escape with the wives, since it leads to Max escaping and eventually saving all of them. Great movie though.

That guy in the background

>my feet hurt
>where's the cute twinks
>I wish Humungus would stop talking
>my car won't start properly
>my codpiece itches

It is a good movie. The women are insanely incompetent throughout though. Wish they were portrayed better.

Definitely. It's also really funny when you consider all those people died just because the wives wanted to live in the desert

The brides are understandably incompetent due to their sheltered lives. Furiosa pulls her own weight pretty nicely and the Grannys kill a good number of Joe's men before dying.

you crushed on her because she was gentle, caring, and kind, and those traits are highly attractive in a woman

Yeah I would argue they are so sheltered they didn't know how good they had it

I'd really love to see something between 1 and 2. See how the MFP disbanded, the gangs moving out into the wasteland, everything completely collapsing etc. Closest we have are these comics.

After the second fight sequence (cue track: Brothers in Arms) there is no point in watching the movie. The action never gets better and the exposition is nonsensical.

youtube.com/watch?v=jyzNP8IUs2g

true. Furiosa basically gets killed though but Max saves her. Nux saves the entire campaign too. Its weird how people think this is a feminist movie

It really did seem out of place and the whole "green place" sequence really killed the momentum of the film.

I'm glad not much came out of it except some more cool post-apocalypse vehicles to get destroyed and grungy people to die in the finale.

that's because anyone criticizing it of being a "femininazi" movie are actual sexists

>1 [one] woman is a warrior and can kick ass and knows how machinery works in a post apocalyptic world
>FEMINIZISM RUINED IT!!!!

This movie is a prime example of how you handle strong female characters. The movie never gets in your face about it. The women don't have any dialogue essentially stating "I'm a strong female and I don't need no man". It's just one woman kicking ass and trying to save a group of woman from a rape dungeon.

kys if you have a problem with this.

Also because of the red hair.

It's a modified jackhammer

Why does he wear the mask?

Road Warrior has a lot less going on, I dont see how anyone can claim the plot and script are stronger when its fundementally a weaker story with less character or emotion in it. The music and visuals are on such a next level in Fury Road its not even comparable. I respect the first two Mad Max movies a lot but they're not better, and yes I saw them first.

>proyecting this hard

I'll give you the music, but nothing else. The third act really drags in Fury Road, as it just feels like more of the same. The visual style is far too much in Fury Road. Too much post-apocalyptic fantasy, whereas RW perfectly blurred the lines between the two.

The pacing in RW is also fantastic. Everything you need to know is told to you without any words in that first opening chase and it gets better from there.

>The music and visuals are on such a next level in Fury Road its not even comparable

The problem is that it's all Fury Road is. Spectacle. There is so little real substance in that film, and it just completely goes off the rails compared to the first 3 films.

Hell, I've always been annoyed with Beyond Thunderdome becoming an entirely different film when he finds those kids, but Fury Road is just far too over the top, and I get the impression that the only thing that kept people enjoying it, was that it was all big explosions and crazy action.

I cannot get over the fact that for 3 films, gas was this super important resource, and yet now we've got a dude just shooting flames out of a guitar. I cannot comprehend how we went from the believable weirdness of Bartertown, to a guy having a mountain fortress in the shape of a skull, or a bunch of milking machines for fat broads, or just dumping water out of a sluice.

It's all just crazy visuals and loud sounds.

I think that was a joke about how feminist white knights are no different from warboys or Taliban suicide bombers.

Yeah, there's just too much shit being thrown at you in Fury Road, which loses it's impact on repeat viewings, whereas in Road Warrior I'm still fascinated by the costumes, the vehicles, etc.

Literally every film with competent cinematography does this.

>not being happy your family name will live on strong and proud

>I cannot get over the fact that for 3 films, gas was this super important resource, and yet now we've got a dude just shooting flames out of a guitar
madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Gas_Town

>I cannot comprehend how we went from the believable weirdness of Bartertown, to a guy having a mountain fortress in the shape of a skull, or a bunch of milking machines for fat broads, or just dumping water out of a sluice.
Read the comics, maybe. The Citadel was built by a bunch of stranded government engineers to protect themselves, then Joe took it over. Milk would be a highly valuable commodity in the wasteland.

> should we turn em around and run them into our back up?
> no, WE FANG IT!
> " war horn intensifies"

Buncha smug cunts

How do you think Ricktus felt that Immortan Joe though wasn't good enough?

Poor guy was too dumb to even drive his own monster truck.

It's funny because I grew to appreciate Thunderdome more too when years after my first viewing I realized that Aunty was more or less a decent person by Mad Max standards

It wasn't even a battle of good versus evil, it was just two people both trying to do what they felt was the right thing and reaching an impasse

And that's why she's the only Mad Max "villain" that doesn't die, and instead her plot ends with her giving an inspirational speech to her men and heading home after sparing Max's life for no rational reason.

I remember being really skeptical about this movie, and feeling dread during the opening sequence where it was all weird quick-cuts and shaky cam.

Then Immortan Joe walked out of a giant skull carved in the mountainside and I instantly fell in love with the film.

I really do like Mad Max villains. They're all very entertaning and usually have some level of depth to them, except possibly Toecutter, who comes off as a simple psychopath. It's great that they get bigger in scope as the world gets 'madder'.

>I cannot comprehend how we went from the believable weirdness of Bartertown, to a guy having a mountain fortress in the shape of a skull, or a bunch of milking machines for fat broads

Fuck yeah, heavy metal! Eat shit you alt-rock cunt!

You are just a mysogynist man baby hating on fury road because its feminist themes

Furiousa was good at two things. Mechanic and Marksmanship.

Max was a better tactician, fighter and driver.

Humungus was great for his sense of grief and desperation, even as a quite "bad guy" you could respect that he was locked in just as much of a fight to survive as the protagonists. The one second shot showing that he lost his wife and child just like Max was a terrific note too.

Aunty, I look it up and it turns out her characterization was completely intentional. George Miller flat out describes her as "One man's tyrant is another man's hero" and says he hired Tina Turner because he wanted the audience to instinctively like her at first glance

But Joe might have been too much of an asshole for his own good. Guy had a terrible balance between how much safety and stability he offered and how rapey he was. Then again, I suppose at the end of the movie they basically say that Furiosa is just going to be a marginally nicer version of him and she doesn't have anything against the kingdom he built.

were they gay?

I liked with The Humungus that you could clearly see the type of people he was in charge of. Former MFP, ex-army guys and psychopath bikers. It felt like they had as much of a story as he did.

It is very scary that the defense of the fucked up cult Immortan Joe rules when it is a copy pasted radical Christian cult from anywhere in the United States in the 70''s. From the Family International to Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God, Lord's Resistance Army, Children of God, really any extreme Mormon polygamist compound in Utah

Why the fuck would you defend any of those people?

Would you defend Warren Jeffs?

Toecutter for sure. Don't know about Bubba.

Well, I'd value water, bullets and beans and then gas.

But one aspect of this film is that everyone that were near cities got exposed to radiation and mutations birth defects are common and so is babies simply not not surviving.

Finding healthy breeders both womem and men would be a priority for the survival of humanity.

Thing is that Imortten Joe was selfish and just kept on pushing his damaged DNA, where really, he should have acted as a God Father and brought in healthy men to breed with his healthy wives and adopt both into his "family" all mafia style.

Further, Imorten Joe was kind of a dick with the water thing because it was so inneffiecent, if he really cared about it, he would have carved a pool at tge bottom for the water to collect and thus people could have more time to get a drink instead of letting it run off the rocks and drain away and evaporate.

You could say the old warrior women were too an extreme. As tgey tried to do the whole amazon warrior woman thing of luring men and "raping" them once and either killing them or sending them on their way...this too is an imbalance.

The message of the movie should have been balancing the two extremes.

it's clearly meant to be ISIS with the war boys brainwashed to sacrifice themselves in combat to get to heaven

Whoa, you think that picture in the gun case was of his family? I always thought it was supposed to have been some recognizable figure, and that gun is actually stolen.

Wtf are you talking about? Half those cults aren't even Christian by any sense of the term, and Joe's cult was based on worshipping V8 engines and reincarnation. It was more similar to Norse neopaganism, or groups like the Order. Also Christians don't do suicide attacks all that often, except that one heretical group like 1800 years ago. I say this as someone who was involved with the CSA for a while.

I always thought it was stolen as well, that he'd taken this fancy gun, case and medals (including an SS Totenkopf) to reinforce his image as a feared warlord

I'm sure there's an interview where Miller confirms that The Humungus is ex-military, though

There's that weird Totenkopf skull thing in the case, too. Was Humungous supposed to be a German immigrant former soldier-turned-outlaw biker?

>Wtf are you talking about? Half those cults aren't even Christian by any sense of the term, and Joe's cult was based on worshipping V8 engines and reincarnation. It was more similar to Norse neopaganism, or groups like the Order

I was talking about you know

Imprisoning women as sex slaves as fucking their daughters and using them as natural resources are adopting that into your religion.

Things cults like Warren Jeff's does.

>Also Christians don't do suicide attacks all that often

Buddy, I wasn't talking about the violence. This is Mad Max. I love Mad Max. This is expected.

I'm talking about the people who think Immortan Joe did no wrong ever, dindu nuthin. When he went far and beyond creepier than Warren Jeffs. My point is if you're not going to defend extreme cults like The Family International, you really shouldn't defend Immortan Joe.

Because by the same logic, you are defending this guy.

Eh looking again that isn't an actual German Totenkopf. It looks like the kind postwar bikers used. It might be some kind of military memento if Humungus was in another military that used a similar symbol, but I doubt it. Uniform doesn't look German either.

I think with the various pins, Totenkopf, outfit and his vehicle (with the victims tied to the front) were all deliberate decisions to make him appear as a powerful man experienced in fighting and conquering. He even had Toadie as his herald.

Whether the gun, photo and badges belonged to him to begin with is another matter.

I happen to like the fantasy, but its obviously a preference thing that cant be changed.

There is a lot of quiet time and character development you're either purposefully ignoring or cant focus on because you're so baffled by your stupid fixation on realism. Like I told the other guy, I get the fundamental difference in preference but thats really all it is and Fury Road is not bad or a mere spectacle. I dont share your admiration for low key realism in this kind of movie being a good thing. I like that its crazier and its not just that its crazy, its that its genuinely all well done action with characters i'm invested in and a world that feels authentic for what it is. There isn't any more substance in Road Warrior so I dont understand what you mean by that at all.

The Family fucked children and prostituted women as a recruitment tool. It was pretty different.

I do see the parallels with polygamous groups like Mormons or Branch Dividians, so I agree on that (although those groups aren't Christian). CSA turned polygamous and it was thoroughly Christian, though. The leaders justified it according to a passage in Revelation saying that so many men would die in the apocalypse that many women would have to marry one man to survive, and they wanted to get into the habit early lol. Pretty much destroyed the group before the Feds did.

Overall, though, Joe's cult is still more comparable to, say, Islam than any "Christian" group, though. I imagine Miller had Taliban and Vikings in mind when he came up with it.

Nothing about the Fury Road world feels authentic. Oh, here's these weird, lumbering people on stilts that we're going to briefly show you and then not mention again. Why does Furiosa have a robot arm? Who cares! Oh, and here's two cadillacs welded together.

It felt like Miller just wanted to get as much wacky shit on screen, resulting in a world that doesn't have the same amount of depth or grittiness seen in the Road Warrior.

The point wasn't exact details, it was more the fact of treating women and sex as resources and rituals and ways to condition, rather than, you know, dealing with people on a level that isn't disgusting. That's what most dangerous cults do. Which is my point. It's more of a normalization of really fucked up shit that makes a cult terrible, which is really what Joe was doing. You can do it in any sort of different way.

Agreed with the inspiration though.

Oh also one of the Eastern death cults, too, like the Thugee, for the reincarnation angle.

>Why does Furiosa have a robot arm? Who cares!

She's a woman. Woman are not warriors in Joe's compound. You can put two and two together and say she did some fucked up shit for Joe, lost an arm, and earned his respect.