Shin Godzilla sequel

>When asked by an audience member if there would be a sequel, Anno replied, "It's not for me to decide. Ask TOHO."

>When the question was asked again, this time to the actors, Hiroki Hasegawa stated, "I'd want to do [a sequel]. I went to see the movie two times. Watching it with the audience was the only time I felt that the movie was really done. There was such a sense of unity that I didn't feel it was me acting on the screen, and that was really fun." Similarly, Satoru Matsuo replied, "I'd want to do a sequel. I want to see it." Issei Takahashi replied, "I hope they'd let me participate in a sequel. It was fun being with everyone on set, and I really want to do that again."

>In response to all of this, Anno said, "As for me, I'm good." He added, "It'd be more interesting if they changed directors. TOHO won't let me do it. There'd be a lot of difficulties."

How do we get Toho to sign Anno as director for the sequel?

>>How do we get Toho to sign Anno as director for the sequel?

Tell that motherfucker to finish EVA first.

What was wrong with this director?

Nothing. Supposedly they don't let the same director make 2 Godzilla films?

A shame because it HAS to be Anno to direct a movie centered around the plot twist ending

We sure got some great fanart out of Shin Godzilla

I LOVE that one

>"As for me, I'm good.

Wish he'd have said that about the eva movies, least this movie proved he's not a fraud anymore.

>Godzilla was origami all along

Bravo, Anno.

Close your mouth you're getting that shit everywhere you slob

I think my favorite thing about the Shin design is that he looks like those bitchin Heisie Era posters.

I hadn't even considered that but you have a good point.

Did someone say

POSTERS

Post more

God I love this poster. This almost single-handedly sold me on the movie before I'd even seen it.

>Mini godzillas

Is that the plot twist?

Low ranking bureau of environment official a cute

This one is still my favorite.

Thanks for sharing these user, they're great.

Didn't Anno answer those questions in a playful manner? He might be serious, though keep in mind he initially turned down working on Shin Godzilla to begin with. And it's fine if he doesn't come back. Shin Godzilla can stand perfectly as a one-shot film. With him gone Toho can hire another visionary and move in another direction. Higuchi might be more likely to stay aboard and become the special effects man.

You're welcome. I wish I had them for every movie.

This

All hail Oorai Noriyoshi

I'm missing far too many. Curse my pathetic collection.

Should I watch this if I like Eva

Bonus American Posters!

Can someone post the drawing of Kamata-kun with the cute little hat? Was trying to find it

I totally support taking a creative angle on the disaster. It's the Marry Sue I have problem with.

Godzilla is a greate allegory for not just A-bomb, but also for the natural disasters Japanese have to live with. I get that.
I also understand that a disaster movie must have Heros and victory over the disaster

But bitching about the government, complaining how they failed dealing with THE IMPOSSIBLE, while letting "your guy" come up with SOLUTION TO THE IMPOSSIBLE, that's op Marry Sue

It's like a New York Jew working in tv network manage to crack alien's code and write a computer virus that saves the world.

I hate Anno and I am proud of it.

Hey, what about Evang-oh.

>They say in the movie that Godzilla is made up of 12 different kinds of DNA
I thought they were saying that Godzilla has a DNA code longer than human's

All these manlets

Damn where did Godzilla learn those boxing skills?

Man the 'American' girl was such dogshit casting. We're meant to believe she lives in America and can't speak English to save her life

Mary Sue would be if he not only came up with the idea but cracked also came up with the exact proper coagulant, most everyone came together and came up with an idea or solution that helped resolved the problem. All of them had skills that related to the problem they solved. You're just being a contrarian faggot.

Too soon...

That ain't nothin

Rando simply led the team that found the solution to the Godzilla problem, he didn't do it himself. Everyone contributed something significant to accomplish the overall goal.

This poster is so fucking cool. It was the Vhs box art at my local rental as a kid.