Shin Godzilla (Resurgence) vs Godzilla 2014 (Legendary)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AJSfVZgKDOw
youtube.com/watch?v=_KPanZLKIjI
youtube.com/watch?v=CX-ZGzVXohs
youtube.com/watch?v=oF4RxoBzTpo
youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg
youtube.com/watch?v=VnY4p_ASV9M
youtube.com/watch?v=OpYb0W10gms
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
youtube.com/watch?v=74fxNHPBnv8&list=PLQgO0vLgt2Ry8nUy-mzDQc5SbulSiqMw3&index=21
youtube.com/watch?v=0h1_XuBChMc
youtube.com/watch?v=ykpDQhWlrBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No one cares. No one ever cared.

I like when Godzilla is the good guy

>I like when Godzilla is the good guy
that's retarded.

Someone said in a thread last night that if 2014 could end the fight quickly (which my money is on he could) he would win. But sense Shin can evolve he would eventually be a ble to take 2014

perhaps im ignorant but when has he ever been a good guy? i always viewed Godzilla as chaotic neutral

2014 zilla is more specced for physical attacks rather than his atomic breath, but that said his breath still could do a little damage

shin godzilla has all points put into special attack and defense, he's a beast when it comes to lasers or fire breath, but i don't doubt his huge tail could deliver a pounding

2014 could probably dish out some damage if he gets close, i don't see shin doing a lot with his arms so he would resort to biting or tail swipes

at a distance, shin would obliterate 2014 with lasers

He's always the good guy when killing Japs.

Amerizilla had the much better design, but Shinzilla is overall a way better movie

what the hell is the last/biggest monster

Between Shin Godzilla and Godzilla 2014 who is THICCer?

Shin Torrent fucking when

Godzilla '14 has better human scenes but Shin Godzilla has better kaiju action.

>Godzilla '14 has better human scenes

>someone on Cred Forums actually has this opinion
you're entitled to your own opinion and shit but

god damn

it's not a good one

I'll agree with that but the final fight scene between 14 Godzilla was pretty awesome. Especially the bit where he rips the one Kaiju's face open and plasma breaths down his throat.

>this opinion

Holy shit did we watch the same movies?

I liked both.

Okay to be fair, the two shots with Godzilla's atomic breath were absolute kino

>his

He did that to the bigger female MUTO. He killed the male MUTO my smashing him against a building with his tail, full force.

The problem is, Shin Godzilla is literally the physical embodiment of the wrongs Mankind has inflicted on nature. Like, that's what the movie is about. It's some straight up next level Lovecraftian Cannot-fathom-its-true-nature shit going on.

Legendary Godzilla is just a big animal that happens to have fire breath.

Legend Zilla might win in the short term, but it wouldn't take long for Shin to grow and evolve into a machine tailor-made to utterly destroy Legendary Zilla.

Shin-goji don't have stamina.

Didn't Shin kick the bridge when they were firing at him? He's got leg strength.

Good guy godzilla and bad guy godzilla are both great.

I liked them both.

Poor Male Muto

Godzilla: King of the Lulz.

Sushi and hamburgers are both great, it just depends what you're in the mood for.

Legendzilla is also Lovecraftian and wrongs of men on nature

Shin Godzilla was a masterpiece.

*Grabs you by your throat and lifts you off your feet?*

Was that what your dad said about you when your mother spat you out, champ? Heh. *Breaks your neck and drops you*

Not the wrongs mankind has inflicted on nature, but rather the evil of nuclear weapons, and war in general.

*teleports behind u*
u are poo poo man
*unzips katana*

Unless you go to that one restaurant in Orlando that sells Burgushi.

The funny thing is it never seems to be about nuclear WEAPONS so much as just nuclear POWER in general. You never see Godzilla going after Iran or Russia

That's because Godzilla is a Japanese monster.

Godzilla is the spirit of all of those who died in the blasts, as shown by the tail shot at the end.

What's important is that when faced with an impending nuclear blast in the heart of Japan, the average Japanese scientists worked together to take him down without weapons. The only "weapons" used were drones, which were really just decoys. They used the Japanese infrastructure that was built post-war in order to conquer the enemy, showing that post-war Japan was worthy of the fallen empire it was built upon.

>Godzilla is the spirit of all of those who died in the blasts, as shown by the tail shot at the end.

that was just godzilla asexually reproducing last-minute into a bunch of mini godzillas, they all had the same back spines that godzilla does
godzilla was defeated by a bunch of tiny people, so he evolved into a bunch of tiny people

>That zilla

QUICK. POST YOUR FAVORITE GODZILLA MOVIE.

Shin Godzilla is a big guy.

Do you have a source on this information?

You already did though

THEN POST YOUR SECOND FAVORITE. HURRY user.

yes

the people in the movie said that godzilla is able to asexually reproduce, as well as evolve very quickly to adapt to fighting his enemies or cause destruction or just move easier

Doesn't necessarily mean anything; How are little people going to have nuclear reactors inside of them?

anyone know if a cam or telescene has dropped yet ?

pour toi

easy

they'll have little nuclear reactors

I am honestly surprised that the Americans managed to make a better Godzilla movie than Toho. Seems after destroying the set toho lost all the love for godzilla they had.

Its called an educated guess. And it makes sense. It knew it was weak staying just one big target so it was preparing to become many smaller targets.

:^)

I don't speak Italian, user.

>YOU THOUGHT IT WAS YOUR BUDDY GODZILLA BUT IT WAS ME, MECHAGODZILLA

>It's not a godzilla vs aliens episode

meh

I love this movie but it always bugs me how Mechagodzilla looks so fucking radical but Godzilla looks so dopey.

This, I fell in love with Godzilla because of him fighting monsters/aliens. You would think Anno would realize this since he created NGE where giant monsters fight but it seems he lost his mind.

JET JAGUAR
JET JAGUAR
PUNCH PUNCH PUUUUUNCH

You just did nigga

I think he's cute.

The Kraken from Clash of the Titans (2010)
That user posted a baby picture, though this still has tiny font.

Fuck off, shlocky godzilla vs movies are fun as fuck but it's been 60 years since the last genuinely serious, artistic godzilla movie. The next legendary movie will be godzilla vs aliens.

I wonder if Anguirus was jealous that Jet Jaguar got to shake hands with Godzilla.

Where does Gypsy Danger fit into this? Would it fug godzilla up?

Ba ba ba ba baaaaaah

Bum bum baaaaaaaah

*Hksssssss*

The music in vs mechagodzilla is so fucking weird.

>60 years since the last genuinely serious, artistic godzilla movie
Oh fuck off, Heisei and Millennium were fan serviced to edgy fucks like you.

>You'll never have a bareknuckle all-out brawl with your bro kicking kaiju ass

>implying millennium isn't a nice middle ground between the Heisei and Showa era

well I don't. That is just stupid.

Godzilla is meant to represent a demon of darkness.

Gypsy Danger is listed at 260 ft, so right between Gorgo and Clover.

Only reason the millennium movies aren't as enjoyable (for me anyways) is the dated CG.

Heisei/Millenium are more trying to be live action anime than anything.

The ironic thing is that it took an anime director to make the most serious, "realistic" Godzilla movie.

Heisei and Millenium are incredibly far from "edgy" and wanting at least one serious, dark movie from a franchise born as a metaphor for nuclear destruction every 60 years is not asking for much. People who demand that Godzilla MUST be cheesy fun 100% of the time are the worst, that's not how he began.

What am I in for?

Godzilla want a very good friend to him. Even when they talked in vs Gigan they were telling at each other. I felt sorry for him when mechagodzilla messed him up, but maybe he was one of those friends that only calls you up when they need help and that was the last straw for Godzilla. Who knows? Was Angilus a dummy or what?

Final Wars Gigan godstomps both.

10 second monster fights and stupid sentai shit. Also CGI that is worse than PS1 cutscenes.

Though also the best American character in Godzilla history.

Anguirus is pretty smart. He obviously knew mechagodzilla wasn't the real Godzilla when he was still fake Godzilla

>People who demand that Godzilla MUST be cheesy fun 100% of the time are the worst, that's not how he began.
Cheesy godzilla is what made him famous. If it wasn't for Showa era there would be no Godzilla except for being a forgotten monster movie.

Destroy all monsters 2

except not half as good as DAM.

holy fug I didn't realize how big 2014 Godzilla was

he'd pretty much step on the cast of pacific rim and be done with them

so will I like it?

I wanna purchase this box set. Contains later Godzilla films. Final Wars is on it and looks like it may be fun

Yeah and that definitely makes crap like VS Megalon better artistically than Gojira and Shin-Godzilla.

Legendary Godzilla has been nuked a few times when they tried to kill him in the 50s so unless shin godzilla's atomic breath is way hotter than a nuke he wouldn't fatally damage legendary godzilla. In a melee legendary godzilla would beat shin godzilla easy until it evolves or something.

>vs megalon
>crap
Bitch I'll smack your shit up.

I'd highly recommend against that box set, the only great movies on there are GMK and Tokyo SOS which you can get for ~3 dollars each. Millenium series is kind of dull.

>Qt Asian waifus
>Badass Don Frye

Even as a cheesy fun b-movie vs megalon is seriously bad. Astro Monster, VS Mechagodzilla, Smog Monster, VS Mothra, and DAM are all way, way better.

If you want a throwback to campy fun with pretty good effects then I think you'll like it.

2014 Godzilla literally feeds off atomic power, that atomic laser shit from Shin would only power up 2014 Godzilla.

You know the hilarious thing about 1998.

It's actually probably one of the best written and best acted Godzilla movies when compared with the hilariously shit acting and writing in Toho Godzilla movies in general.

Too bad Godzilla is just a big Jurassic Park dinosaur. But really, when compared to other Kaiju movies, it's not actually bad.
I don't know why there is weird double standard held where Toho's fucking shitty written films are on a pedestal, but a cheesy 90s action comedy kaiju movie is apparently the worst thing ever.

>Godzilla is meant to represent a demon of darkness.

lol no, he's not Reddit

Shin Godzilla also feeds off radiation.

That may be but his physical strength seems limited compared to 2014 Godzilla.

Because it isn't fun. Godzilla is fucking lame in it and the acting/writing are just bad and bland. Cheesy, amusingly bad writing and acting are excusable when godzilla is fighting a golden three headed dragon or a robotic duplicate, and Toho godzilla movies usually have amusing, bizarre plots with aliens and faeries and time travel and shit.

>those ten years without a single godzilla movie

goddamn toho don't you ever do that shit again.

liked both movies, but shin godzilla was way better.

American cowboy samurai best character

Stupid xmen expies

Godzilla wrecking shit

Zilla shittalking

Drill spaceships

Fun times

This. 98 is totally uninteresting and bland. Every Toho film is a blast.

Legendary Godzilla has high phys attack and agility, Shin Godzilla has high special attack and high defense.

Well, the Japanese act different because if their culture but I understand what you mean. I am partial to Jean Reno. It receives so much criticism because it didn't stand for anything other than being a monster movie in the end he just wasn't Godzilla.

>every toho film is a blast

>Godzilla is fucking lame in it and the acting/writing are just bad and bland

youtube.com/watch?v=AJSfVZgKDOw

Rose tinted glasses on the Toho movies. Godzilla 98 legitimately has better acting than pretty much every single Godzilla film put together aside from Shin and 54.

Next you'll shit on vs megalon too.
Fuck you buddy.

literally looks like a rape machine

"The Predator" himself

The fanbois in this thread are off the hookl9

Mega Zords would kick every kaijus ass and mecha from pacific rims ass at the same time.

>Mfw Godzilla on monster island

youtube.com/watch?v=_KPanZLKIjI

Do you think the American chick in Shin Godzilla is a shoutout to decades of hilariously shit engrish in godzilla films?

youtube.com/watch?v=CX-ZGzVXohs

GMK is the best Godzilla movie and if you disagree I will fight you irl.

nigger vs gigan is OBJECTIVELY the worst godzilla movie ever, by far. Half of it is fucking reused footage.

I literally said in my post that the acting may be better, but it's still not good and it's just bland. Toho has comically bad acting and ludicrous plots.Some bad things are more amusing than other bad things, The Room is funny to watch but there are a trillion awful films that are miserable to sit through.

The CG ruins all the millennium movies.

Anyone else enjoy All Monsters Attack?

Just cause it's bad doesn't mean you can't enjoy it and considerate it good in that respect.

Top 5 Godzilla films in no particular order:
>Gojira
>Shin-Godzilla
>GMK
>VS Biollante
>VS Mechagodzilla

GMK used CG pretty sparingly.

>trillion awful films that are miserable to sit through.

Pic very related.

Even with my goggles on, I fucking hate that movie.

The 90s Gamera trilogy is vastly superior to 80% of all Godzilla movies, and on par with the best ones.

It wasn't awful to sit through but that main character was a fucking drag and they totally did a bait and switch with Cranston. Boring soldier man really reminded me of 98.

Do fans still hate Zilla?
I thought Godzilla fans loved the animated series that acted as a sequel to 98.

It's shit no matter what way you look it.

i'm gonna kick your ass motherfucker.

I've never seen a Godzilla movie in my life, but these threads have me interested. Should I start with the 1954 version, or the 1998 version?

A knock off will always be inferior to the real thing, deal with it gamerafag.

I never saw the cartoon. The movie was fucking abysmal but thinking of it as separate from Godzilla I actually like the design.

Probably
It also makes me think that the hilariously stilted English in Shin has more of a history to it than I thought

>Should I start with the 1954 version
freaking yes

You've clearly never seen the movies. They're easily way above any Godzilla besides these which they are on the same level as.

>or the 1998 version?
that's not even a Godzilla film but a "Zilla" film.

If you like dumb giant lizard films then go ahead but just don't watch it as a Godzilla film.

I personally love the Zilla design and I thought the movie was fun. I never hated 98. More people would have liked it if it wasn't called Godzilla. Hell, if Zilla was introduced as another monster in some other Godzilla movie more people would like it.

1954 or 1984 really. If you start with 54 I'd say move onto 84 then finish the Heisei era.

I've never understood why fucking white people in godzilla films still fucking talk weird as shit.

Are they just white people who were born in Japan or some shit?

Fuck Shin Godzilla, because of that movie now I have to wait I don't know how many more fucking years for the final Evangelion film.

1954 version, then. Thanks.

Godzilla Jr (one who survived at the end of 98) was fucking badass.

eva sucks anyways

Eat a fucking dick, oh wait you most likely already are.

>I personally love the Zilla design
Me too. Should I watch the animated series?

Wait how come Zilla Jr has the fire breath yet the mother didn't have any super powers?

Battra is underrated.

The human bits and animation are very off but it's basically what you wanted out of 98

Because the animators are Godzilla fans

>le evil mothra
no

Until he got raped to death in Final Wars.

He'd fuck your shit up

Well that sounds fucking disgusting.

That one Gamera movie with the giant condor eating a train full of people gave me nightmares as a kid.

After seeing Shin it makes me think that it might just be a voice direction thing, where the Japanese seem to want a particular kind of clear formality instead of something more naturalistic that resembles how a native English speaker would actually talk

Best still image from Shin Godzilla coming thru

You fags always have these dumb dbz discussions about these two.
Legendary Godzilla is literally THE Tankzilla. He's heavily implied to be the most durable of the two. The nighthawk bombs wouldn't have burst Tankzilla's skin. He is also extremely fast and has insane physical strength that he can use to his maximum potential because of his body.
Shin Godzilla has all his skill points in SpA but we never really see him concentrate the beam in one spot. It's obviously strong but I'm almost certain Tankzilla would not be taken out by it unless Shin manages to concentrate his back spikes on him.
I think Tankzilla is fast and strong enough to rush Shin and he's fucking sure to knock him down. Not to mention the insane down time he has after the lasers.
I don't imagine the fight would drag long enough for Shin to try and evolve, and even if he did he can't do anything while he's transforming.

Legendary Godzilla has a distinct "hero" quality

This is especially highlighted when contrasted with 100% evil Shin Godzilla

And the two movies together perfectly capture how the character has always wildly oscillated between an apocalyptic terror and a brave defender of earth

>Shin Godzilla
>ShinG
>Shinji

B R A V O
A N N O

>tfw no ShinG form 2 costume for Halloween

>Godzilla is evil
I like this meme

>We want the bear audience

Legendary because Shin Godzilla isn't in my area and I can't find it on The Pirate Bay.

But that's how I remember him/think of him as.

Thank you Anno for bringing back the true form of the terror

Anyone catching it again tomorrow before it's gone? I am still hype.

I really want to.

Every Godzilla would, even the shortest and smallest Godzilla outweighs everything in Pacific Rim by ca. 20,000 tons, and the bigger ones (like 2014) weigh nearly as much as every Jaegar/Kaiju seen in that movie put together. Toho Dai-kaiju are ridiculous.

It's pretty fun. Moves a bit too fast towards the end but still great.

Did we watch the same movie? The writing and acting in 1998 Godzilla is fucking atrocious, even by our standards. The Toho fare in the Jap movies is just how movies normally are in Japan, and a lot of it is lost in translation. Shin Gojira was more Western than the previous Godzilla movies, and the difference in the way the actors behave is obvious.

Emmerich, I'm sorry, but your movie was shit.

Is it weird that I wanted to see more of them preparing the trains, final explosions?

Even though the film had a lot of talking, I actually felt like I wanted to see more of them preparing stuff near the end right before the climax.

The movie is decent.

What makes it so fucking bad is how he dies by being hit by a couple missiles... what a waste of a "Godzilla".

If they had made him die by other standards instead of so easy then I would respect the movie more.

Otherwise I really like this design and I like how he looks like an actual dinosaur.

But then, he is "Zilla" and not "Godzilla".

This

America liked the godzilla design
Japan liked the legendary godzilla at all

only shitters love to bring those shitty fights

Not at all, really loved they way they presented all that.
Did a lot with so little.

>Shin goji lovecraftian whatever
>got beat by humans with a plan and resources
nah...its like saying the boat legit killed cthulhu

Shin Goji is the prime example of glass cannon

1954 Godzilla and Shin Godzilla are evil as shit.

The comparisons to a hurricane aren't really accurate because a hurricane doesn't roll into a town and fucking TRY to destroy every building and murder every person it sees

On the other hand whenever he's fighting King Ghidorah or aliens from planet X or just being a hard working single dad to Minila, Godzilla is treated very heroically. Even if he doesn't give a shit about humans in particular, he values the earth itself and has no sadistic malice toward humanity even when they try to harm him.

Too bad what you described is totally ruined by the hilariously bad, motionless rubber suit that is not convincing for a single god damn second. Cant take it seriously on any level because of that

>nighthawk
b-2 spirits, didn't you see anno's autismo titles over everything?

ShinG is CG

That's one thing that makes it bad. The acting is absolutely atrocious. Continuously saying "LA LA LA IT WASNT BAD" with your ears plugged doesn't make it true.

Look, I fucking despise Cinema Sins, but just watch the human scenes in this. youtube.com/watch?v=oF4RxoBzTpo

Except they don't try. They just don't give a fuck.
There's a difference between going out of your way to destroy shit but did you even fucking watch the movie?
Not fucking once did godzilla go out of his way to hurt or destroy BEFORE they bombed him. The atomic breath was purely a self defensive reaction.
He's fucking exactly like a hurricane. He just is.
He was simply walking inland, heading fuck knows where but he never arrived with the intention of killing humans.

Revenge of Iris is the best kaiju film ever made.

The funniest thing is that he's the size of that leg in the movie.

The acting is fine man...

KEK no kidding

Shin Godzilla evolves to win I guess?

I thought it was kind of neat that Toho treated the movie as canon but basically go "America got attacked by a low tier reptile kaiju and just assumed it was Godzilla because they can't tell big lizards apart"

>Implying that this isn't the funniest thing in the movie.

Holy crap I never realized how big King Ghidorah was, surprised the new America Godzilla is that big as well.

>I thought it was kind of neat that Toho treated the movie as canon but basically go "America got attacked by a low tier reptile kaiju and just assumed it was Godzilla because they can't tell big lizards apart"
This was a genius decision. And how Zilla gets roasted in Final Wars was hilarious

Is that meant to be a reference to Jurassic Park's "That's one big pile of shit"?

>perhaps im ignorant but when has he ever been a good guy? i always viewed Godzilla as chaotic neutral
godzilla is generally chaotic neutral, but is often chaotic good, generally in movies where mothra takes a more "good" role, and godzilla helps her
that being said, godzilla is supposed to be neutral total, in the sense that he's the great equalizer to anything he doesn't fucking like

that doesnt stop him from being obviously "good" in movies like final wars, and "evil" in gojira

It's amazing how all the buildings and city in some of the ShinG scenes were all 100% CGI.

I would have never guessed

Wait what? Where is he refrenced outside of his movie?

That webm reminds me of the first leak version of wolverine origins.

Final Wars

This.

My bud and I would have preferred Ken Wantabe and Cranston over generic solder guy. Cranston learning some ancient mystery and being brought into the fold would have been amazing. They could have interjected some hp lovecraft stuff.

>somewhere out there, there is a non finished CGI version of ShinG
would you pay to see it?

final wars, godzilla curbstomps 'zilla

>My bud and I would have preferred Ken Wantabe and Cranston over generic solder guy.
Same here. For me: they should have killed off soldier guy. That way the film becomes very emotional with Cranston losing both his wife and son.

It would have been so much more memorable like this and they could even keep the scene where soldier guy has to help the Asian boy find his parents BUT now it is Cranston who has to do this.

We then get a very dramatic scene where he is standing in the street, yelling at Godzilla for all his life's problems until Godzilla somehow saves him from the other monster (or something along the lines like that idk).

Would have been such a better movie and I would have actually liked it.

>old man yells at lizard
I'd love to have seen that.

youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

The tail swipe and breath finish right? I just looked it up, that shit was fucking kek.

Most of the Godzilla movies that are the worst offenders for the shit you're talking about were made in the 70s and 80s. That thing was made in 1998. It had no excuse being worse than the Ghostbusters reboot.

youtube.com/watch?v=VnY4p_ASV9M

youtube.com/watch?v=OpYb0W10gms

>godzilla does anything
>Yo dawg did you see dat shit homie?
Gotta make sure that lowest common denominator is invested.

Nice, It would have been better and steered the film away from pure generic blockbuster.

>"The hell was that!"
>"Oh shit did you see that!?"
Is it just me or can you hear how studio recorded those lines are?

yep, iirc it was the shortest fight in the movie. obviously not alot of the fights get alot of screentime, godzilla fights 16 monsters iirc, but 'zillas was short on purpose

Animation was wonky and human humor is about what you'd expect from that era, but the monster fights are pretty good, and really that's why you're here.

youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

I caught it tonight. Nice to see an action movie where the day isn't saved by a single individualistic hero/small hero team but lots of people working together.

I'm not sure, but "That's one big pile of shit" is a reference to Godzilla 98.

What's happening here?

That moment when you see his back spikes lighting up and that sound in a image theater gets my heart racing every time.

The blue ray is still good but it was out of this world when I saw it in theaters.

FUCK ME IT WAS THERE ALL ALONG

This was actually a cool scene.

>camera pans out while character keeps saying "where is the footprint?"

The funny thing is there's absolutely no reason for them to have not done this.

With the exception of maybe Cranston not being available for that long or something, nothing about the movie required the main character to be army man.

Like there's maybe a dozen minutes of "action" and another dozen of Godzilla fights, but literally the whole movie is mostly just people looking ominously into the distance or after-the-fact destruction shots.

If you're gonna have a Godzilla movie with maybe 15 total minutes of Godzilla fighting (which is fine) give us a better main character than generic soldier man.

Make Cranston the main character and he and watanabe run around after Godzilla for some reason and the movie is easily 100% better.

Also you can still have the Halo jump scene just have it be nameless soldiers instead of the main character who knows how to do it for no real reason at all.

Godzilla got /BLACKED

2dark4me and this atomic vomiting look like old man's piss.

>Also you can still have the Halo jump scene just have it be nameless soldiers instead of the main character
Which is how ShinG handled it

>We need some soldier scenes? Sure let them be extras while we cut back to the main characters
Simple because honestly, soldier man as the main character was so bland and dull.

Now, now, let's not go full Stuckmann here, shall we? Just because the plot wasn't as good as the trailers promised it doesn't mean you can write a better script than professional screenwriters who spent months working on it.
Nobody denies Cranston's character was underused, but before you can make an actual criticism of the film you must understand what they had in mind before shooting and how it turned out to be. And let's not forget, Cranston was the highest paid actor in the movie, taking something like 5-20 million dollars. Imagine if I he signed in for more scenes. Legendary can't afford to spend half the budget on one actor just because his CHARACTER is written better than another actor's.

Will the sequel to Shin Godzilla have a more traditional looking Gojira or will they stick to the terrifying monster look

>Obviously good in final wars
They sealed him in a fucking iceberg because he was wrecking shit so bad. They have to bank on his utter hatred of the Yojimbo or whatever it was to lead him on the warpath and take out the bad alien-controlled monsters.

Whole movie was worth seeing for this scene alone.

The whole movie made me fall asleep until this sequence started

Agreed, it was such a good scene.

>tfw caught the very last Imax showing before they took it out of the theater

thats good in my book

If you have seen the film and the ending, you already know.

>The funny thing is there's absolutely no reason for them to have not done this.
And you know that how?

>With the exception of maybe Cranston not being available for that long or something, nothing about the movie required the main character to be army man.
The Army follows Big G and the MUTOs everywhere they go, having an army dude as MC takes him closer to the action. You can see Godzilla's take on the other monsters from the eyes of a human character.

>Like there's maybe a dozen minutes of "action" and another dozen of Godzilla fights, but literally the whole movie is mostly just people looking ominously into the distance or after-the-fact destruction shots.
Kinda like most Godzilla films. Just replace concerned Japs with Army dudes and military porn.

>If you're gonna have a Godzilla movie with maybe 15 total minutes of Godzilla fighting (which is fine) give us a better main character than generic soldier man.
Again, they didn't know how the audience would react to a character with more "depth" than Aaron Taylor Johnson's average military dude. Test screens were positive, so why not go with that? Remember this was the first American Godzilla film after 1998 and they chose to take no risks.

>Make Cranston the main character and he and watanabe run around after Godzilla for some reason and the movie is easily 100% better.
Better for you, who speak with the benefit of hindsight.

>Also you can still have the Halo jump scene just have it be nameless soldiers instead of the main character who knows how to do it for no real reason at all.
The Halo jump scene works because there is so much at stake. We get that scene from the eyes of the main protagonist, not just some random soldier.

THAT's the point. You're watching Godzilla and the MUTOs fight from the protagonist's point of view. Geez, it's not really that hard to understand.

Given the sequel hook is those terrifying things growing out of his tail, I'd say the latter.

I'd argue that Final Wars had as close to neutral a Godzilla as he got

But you can't deny that in, say, Godzilla vs Megalon or Terror of Mechagodzilla or Destroy All Monsters he's just a flat out friggin hero

And that Legendary Godzilla was a BIT more ambiguous than that but was nevertheless saturated with "Godzilla saves the world" subtext

Seriously THIS
would have been a 100 times better movie than what we got

As long as the Legendary sequel gets some protagonists that don't feel like Michael Bay rejects I'll be happy. Serizawa needs more substance, for one thing, he's a central fucking character. At least give him his fucking eye patch.

Having said that I enjoyed both movies. They were each fun in their own ways. I enjoyed the monsters in 14, and I enjoyed the politics of ShinG. There were good human moments in 14 and that laser scene in Shin was great. I feel good about them both.

Get ready for futuristic horror/thriller warfare

16 needed more building destruction

In the first place, is MUTO really necessary?

No he was not. I wish that the film only had Godzilla. But then they HAD to make Godzilla the "good guy" and savior of mankind...

>benefit of hindsight
the 2nd biggest reason I went to watch this was because I thought Cranston was going to be in it the whole time

Really, that's the criticism you're going with?
I think the problem with modern-day audience is that they should stop pretending to know what's going on behind the screen and why directors make they choice they make.

They also should stop making their own fan-fic version of the movie. You didn't get what you wanted to see? That's fine, you can complain about it. Don't write a wall of text about what YOU think would have been better for YOUR version of Godzilla.

I can imagine what would have happened if Cranston had more screentime and was the MC:

>BWAAA WHERE IS MUH GODZILLA? I DIDN'T PAY TO WATCH A BREAKING BAD EPISODE THIS SUCKSSS

Where's that webm of the flying muto dropping a building on bearzilla?

I mean, what makes ShinG so special is that Godzilla is symbolic of the evil in our world as humans come together to try and bring him down.

Whilst the 2014 movie is a simple "monster slasher film" where 2 monsters fight and that is all.

Having only Godzilla makes the film so much more special and meaningful.

Is it so hard to understand that sometimes directors and writers get it wrong?

2014 tried to impress upon the viewer that we're ants in a world once ruled by gods, and those gods have come back to roost. They represent something greater than ourselves, and we're powerless against them. We can only hope one of them doesn't want to horribly murder us all.

That's what Watanabe's parts were talking about, how man likes to think he's in control, but it's always been nature's game. Godzilla and other monsters existing is proof that we are not in control.

>this whole post

Ok I guess I should clarify, I enjoyed the movie. Godzilla was good and the MUTOs were interesting, that's all that really matters.

At the same time, I can't help but feel like there was a better movie in there somewhere given the director and actors involved.

Well they failed at this because at the end of the film, Godzilla simply swims back into the ocean having "saved the humans" from the greater evil.

Aliens V Predator Requiem is a better film about "humans not being in control as ancient Gods have come to fight"

The movies are obviously broadly unrelated but I feel like they mirror and complement each other so well because they are such dramatically different takes on the same general character outline

Legendary is a natural creature, strong and healthy and stoic

Shin is an abomination, twisted and tortured and sickly

The songs in Mothra 64 and Ghidorah 65 kick so much ass. Very much ahead of their time really.

>I can't help but feel like there was a better movie in there somewhere
see
The answer to all the film's problems.

>what is reading

I know, I'm responding to his reponse to my response to that comment.

No.
I just hate when people play Stuckmann.
>DUDE THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT LMAO
Instead of addressing the problem, so that competent, professional screenwriters can work on it in future films, people now pretend to be Roger Eberts.
Hindsight is always 20/20. If they knew the audience didn't like a stoic, average army man who is merely a plot device to take us wherever the monsters go, they would have chosen a different path.
Cranston is there merely for marketing purpose. It's known he asked a fuckton of money for the film. And a lot of people may have complained that his character would have overshadowed Godzilla, who has a limited amount of screentime already due to budget limitations.

Geez, really not that hard to undertand.
I'm the first to shit on films I don't like, but I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on filmmaking.

TAKE THIS GODZILLA
IT'S A REVENGE FOR SUPER-X

> If they knew the audience didn't like a stoic, average army man who is merely a plot device to take us wherever the monsters go, they would have chosen a different path.
Except that fucking nobody likes that type of character and yet we never, ever get rid of them because they're easy to write and easy to play.

You're getting too torqued up about your own pet peeves. I get that you don't like the idea of godzilla not being a murderboner machine. You're entitled to that. But this version of Godzilla has no reason to attack humanity, because they can't do shit to him. One the one hand, he's just a creature, a natural force. On the other, he's fucking invincible, and we can't effect him. If he ever decides he doesn't like us we're fucked. Just because the humans decide to put a crown on him and declare him jesus doesn't mean he's some noble savior. You can bet your ass they're still going to be trying to stop/contain him.

But I get the feeling you just don't like him not being a malevolent force, so I'm not sure I have any way of convincing you to begin with. Am I wrong?

>Shin is an abomination, twisted and tortured and sickly
Hence the better monster.

I like how ShinG looks like a legit creature cast out of Hell, walking amongst the Earth.

he looks like cookie monster got hit by an a-bomb

>photoshopping the arms to look bigger

YOU FOOL NO ONE!

Have you even studied demonic hell paintings?

ShinG is based off those. Very demented, creepy and disturbing.

I'm not saying it wasn't creepy.

I'm just saying those eyes were kind of distracting.

That's because ShinG is a fish user

Never forget

I excuse that for the first two forms, but the last one just doesn't seem to fit that anymore.

This. Everyone seems to forget that 2014 Godzilla making landfall killed a ton of people, even if he did save us from getting wiped off the face of the earth by hundreds of MUTO babies.

He's the planet's equivalent of an immune system, sent out to crush whatever is ailing it - even if some pesky humans get in the way.

His eyes got a lot smaller so what's your problem? His teeth turned into a carnivores which was very cool.

He's demented anyway (and DAMAGED) so of course he won't appear to look normal

The music that plays when Godzilla falls into the volcano is really fucking depressing, it makes me watery eyed like a faggot.

>Legendary Godzilla = Spider
>MUTO = Flies
Really made me think

I'm just saying it looked weird. If it was supposed to look cock-eyed, that's fine, it just distracted me when he was trying to be scary to think that his eyes were shooting off in completely different directions.

I guess I can reconcile that with the whole "instinctive radar" thing they mentioned off-hand, like sharks with their electrosense. But it still looks weird, man.

HAYYYYY
YOUUUUU
GUYYYYS

And the 1979 Alien wasn't weird looking?

>well this is from an earlier painting by H.R. Giger. They covered up the eyes when making the costume

>Shin-Godzilla: Edgy 14 year old running around school with knives
>Japan: A bunch of concerned parents saying "We really should so something about him..."

I know what you mean.

There was a good reason the alien was only shown in brief, sparing glances, in dark shadows.

DICKS
DICKS EVERYWHERE

- H.R. Giger, 1978

H.R. Giger based all his paintings around sexual imagery.

I liked his 3rd form even though we only saw it for a couple seconds.

I like how he looks a bit like a dog here
This is by far the greatest monster design ever since Alien.

What was your reaction in the cinema when suddenly the trains in the end scene went flying in the air?

you don't think the fight would drag? how exactly? shin has an insane healing factor, after the b2's he's completely fine in the next shot, he can simply harden to tank hits from legendary too, he's like the borg, catch him off guard once, make it count, you won't get another chance.

also legendary zilla was hurt by the physical blows of the mutos, I thing a beam that passes through buildings as if they didn't exist would fucking hurt

Shin will also destroy Legendary with his fire breath

Laughter on both occasions.
Kamata-kun reveal blind was shocking though.

GMK, in the opening conference room/school thing scene.

One Japanese says to another "I heard a monster attacked New York a few years ago. They thought it was Godzilla, but it wasnt."

Can we get a fanedit of the film where during some of the board room meetings, random ShinG images appear with horrific edited screams?

snickering from the people who recognized the song playing when the trains started.

>"Hey Toho can I put some Eva references in this film"
>"Sure go ahead"
How did Anno get away with this?
youtube.com/watch?v=74fxNHPBnv8&list=PLQgO0vLgt2Ry8nUy-mzDQc5SbulSiqMw3&index=21

>mfw people said "what's with this random upbeat music?"
It's from the 1954 film you plebs!

>"some" eva references
>major plot point taken straight from "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!"

Best song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=0h1_XuBChMc

So what is Eva exactly about? Sorry I am newfag but I guess the ending to ShinG is very Eva with what was on his tail?

Eva. Neon Genesis Evangelion. An anime you should've seen ages ago. How are you even allowed on this website? Get in the fucking robot Shinji.

>unstoppable monster is attacking
>gets temporarily knocked out of commission and needs a week or two to regenerate
>just enough time for the hero and his 1/4 Japanese female colleague to perfect a plan to defeat it

topkek

It about a boy and his father bonding and finding common ground over a love of giant robots and the families mother.

its similar to some of the visuals of lilith in eva, they aren't really similar stories overall

So who is the GOAT father, Gendo Ikari or Shou Tucker?

looks pretty close to me

Charles Zi Britannia

All stand for anthem!

youtube.com/watch?v=ykpDQhWlrBQ