Start watching Daredevil

>Start watching Daredevil
>Daredevil is Christian
>this isn't portrayed as a negative aspect of the character

What the fuck, am I gonna have to watch Daredevil going to church every episode or are they gonna cut this shit out? I've enjoyed what I've seen so far, I don't want to have to drop the show out of principal.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_Reformation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/02/25/why-to-many-critics-mother-teresa-is-still-no-saint/
abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/05/10/3500125.htm
blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/gods-little-rabbits-religious-people-out-reproduce-secular-ones-by-a-landslide/
psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/16/msnbc-politico-bloomberg-cnn-mcclatchy-confirm-hillary-clintons-2008-campaign-spread-birtherism/
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2008/08/penn-strategy-memo-march-19-2008/37952/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Society_for_Krishna_Consciousness
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0036880
youtube.com/watch?v=bMjo5f9eiX8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Mesopotamian_religion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Ur-Nammu
abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/04/17/3478816.htm
plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0036880
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's not christian, he's Catholic, big difference you fucking ultrapleb. BUT this is bait so kys

in b4 christ-cucks

He's Catholic, and you have autism.

8/10
You made me reply.

Pretty sure Daredevil leaves Christianity mid-comic.

The only hero that stays christian is Captain america.

He's a Catholic, but he still believes in the Christian principles that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and he died for us on the cross to save us from our sins.

Atheists are some of the most tolerant people in the world, stop saying dumb, retarded shit like this.

>hurr Catholicism isn't Christianity
Catholics are Christians you fucking idiots. It's literally common knowledge. That's like saying an apple isn't a fruit.

Are people in this DESU read seriously this fucking retarded?

Catholicism is under Christianity.
Same as orthodoxy, Protestantism, and Mormonism.

They're all fucking branches of Christianity you fucking idiots.

Is this double bait or are you retarded?

Daredevil vs Troll hunter when?

This. Catholics don't believe in Jesus, they believe in Mary. You'd know that if you let your priest read your Bible for you.

t. Protestant heretics

retards arguING over fictional characters religion when they themselves don't know shit. both sides of the arguement

>they believe in Mary

Mary has more powers than Jesus. She created god.

>being so insecure that you can't tolerate a fictional character having different views than you

Yikes

why is there always this effort by Cred Forums to make atheists or secular people talk like this? we dont

>principal

what did you mean by that?

>I've never read a shred of theology/religious philosophy/history in my life or really any books since I dropped out of middle school but here's my opinion on the schism (o wait I don't know what that is because I'm a retard)

Fucking kys

>believing in magical sky spaghetti fairies in 2016

I'm sorry, I'm just stupid-intolerant.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_Reformation

>Believing Protestant propaganda

>Hearing, smell, and touch so intense that he's aware of the entirety of his surroundings
>Ninjas able to control their body functions to cancel out this ability while still moving at Olympic speeds
>Magic sky people are unrealistic

>hurr durr Christianity didn't exist until dah reformation
kys

>looks it up
>still gets it wrong

Listen up halfwits, yes Catholics are "christian" but nobody actually calls them Christians, because the cultural gulf between a Catholic and basically any popular american christian denomination is so huge that they might aswell be different religions entirely.

Grouping a Catholic with generic christian offshoots is profoundly insulting, and shows a complete lack of understanding.

Thanks for proving my point about you being uninformed retards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism

>its another Orthodox convert larper episode

theres literally nothing wrong with being catholic

Yeah, because the "generic Christian offshoots" that you are talking about are called Protestant branches.

If you believe Christ is the son of god, and the savior, then you are Christian.
Something each of those branches that I mentioned have in common. Crazy huh? The only differences are how you worship him. Through faith alone, or communion, it doesn't matter.

You know what else they have in common, thats different from the Catholic church?

They believe in creationism and that the earth is 6000 years old.

This, Catholics have been a driving force against degeneracy. Even if Cuckolics have infiltrated the Church.

>get super powers
>not believing in a higher power

I only know God isn't real, cause you couldn't bait a fish that was already hooked.

>implying
That's only a small minority of literalists that didn't even exist when this country was founded

That's regular catholicism user, what the fuck are you smoking?

You must be stupid. The branches that I mentioned that have that certain "thing" in common, called believing Christ is your lord and savior, included Catholics.

protestants dont understand what saints are

The real answer? Because christfags have never been this uppidy and angry in a long while and now that it looks like we have a strong neoconservative resurgence in politics, given the events of this current election, they are openly painting secular people are dummies or retards. Its just counter-culture really. This site used to be extremely secular and left leaning, now its constantly invaded by christfags and it appears to be a "majority" feeling, when outside of here, they are still an increasingly decreasing population

Yes, you can be as delusional as you want in a free country

>muh degeneracy!
>REEEE

Let me guess, gays make you rage still?

Why are protestants butthurt about Mary again?

>this site used to be extremely secular and left leaning

you mean back when you started on Cred Forums way back in 2013?

stfu

>left leaning

this site has always been liberatian/anarchis in spirit. No one here liked democrats or any of that shit

books were a mistake

Dude Daredevil is a dude who goes to church to vent about his problems cuz he's taking on the bad guys which normal church goers wouldn't do.
He literally calls himself dareDEVIL.
He even explains he has bad intentions during the show.
Religion or not, Matt will take down crime if it even with his good intentions which in the religion is considered bad.

Are you intentionally being retarded? However you feel about your friend simulator, everything I'm saying is a fact

Idolatry of the highest order is what they are

>liberal only means democrat
Kiddos, summer has been over for months

>Donald Trump is about to be president
>nobody like Hillary's bullshit
>stong neoconservative resurgence in politics

Confirmed for politically illiterate

No, but they are disgusting. Faggot.

Ron Paul was the meme, but I still remember Cred Forums jerking off over Obama in '08 and joyous livewatch of the inauguration on Cred Forums.

>literally not how the last 8 years has been
>thinks Trump is about to be President
Are you delusional?

No, it's your specific interpretation about your friend simulator, coloured by your expectations and biases and selection of threads and boards to participate in.

I've been here at least as long as you I promise, and your "insight" is narcissistic bullshit.

>your "insight" is narcissistic bullshit.
Its not, but whatever you need to tell yourself.

>Catholics don't believe in Jesus
Americucks can't even get religion right

>Cred Forums
>left leaning

confirmed 2013 goobergater tourist

Little boys part of that morality?

Not so different from Mohammed in that regard as far as pedophilia.
False idols of mortal men? When they made Mother Theresa a Saint recently, you should have realized (even as a devout Catholic) how Sainthood has become an absolute farce. Where does Jesus state prayer "through" a mortal being is a-okay?

>implying the last 8 years haven't been a continuation of neoconservative intervention under Obama
>implying he's not going to win
Do you even fly over country fella?

There has been a strong neoconservative presence over the last 8 years, as a counter to having a Dem president...nobody actually argues this. A lot of the populist anger is falsely channeled by lies and conservative propaganda that has told their entire base shit like their President isnt even American....im sorry you lack hindsight to see how things have progressed over the years.

The thing is, you say this like there was a conscious effort on Cred Forums's part to counter culture no matter what. Cred Forums never liked ludicrous censorship and Cred Forums never liked authoritarians telling people what to do, it could have come from any stripe.

If people became disenfranchised with liberalism or liberals in general and a lot of the things liberalism tends to encapsulate, then the left needs a good boot up its ass to remind it that people are gonna have opposite opinions no matter what you try and no matter what you do.

Painting yourself as these self-righteous, "no WE know what's best for you" types when that's literally what they made fun of hardline, religious conservatives for years back just shows a level of irony that it seems leftists aren't able to appreciate, and it also shows the relative immaturity of the ideology and its attempts to run the world as a whole. It seemed lovely in the 60's when they weren't actually running anything and these people got to be rebellious activists with little actual responsibility, but now that leftism is the big dog, the cracks are beginning to show.

>I know nothing about American politics and trends
Hes not gonna win, sorry trumpfag. I look forward to your tears

>veneration of the saints is the same as some polytheist hindu religion! Now remember to come listen to the cool christian rock band at the sport theater after you visit the creationist museum!

protestants, not even once

Nice liberal boogeyman at the end there. You are part of the delusional problem.

You sound like you eat media propaganda up to think only conspiracy theorists believe that a guy whose father was LITERALLY an African could possibly have been born in Africa. You also don't even understand what neoconservatism is if you think its been any less popular with Dems, Hillary is the quintessential neocon.

Whatever you say, I'll be shitposting come election day.

>hi im a bloviating pseudo-intellect and i like to spell uppity with a d and say things are "increasingly decreasing"

>it could have come from any stripe.
>no but actually its the liberal's fault
Wew, kiddo

You fucking me? I was raised catholic and they are certainly christian.

Nice deflection, bro. Answer my question about Jesus' opinion of the worship "through" mortal, sinful humans.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/02/25/why-to-many-critics-mother-teresa-is-still-no-saint/
Link related. The thing that most sticks out were the absolutely horrifying conditions of the shelters and orphanages. Also she was very buddy buddy with dictators. She used deception and power, not inspiration from Christ to Witness and try to convert.

Nice rebuttal friendo

>Praying to a really neat dude is the same as speaking to the True Lord God

Catholics everybody

>its propaganda to assume that your President is American
>there is no evidence that he is not a citizen, its totally not a conspiracy to call your president a muslim kenyan
>Trump is totally going to win

You are a stupid faggot arent you? Yes, making up bullshit about your president without evidence is very delusional.

Your tears will be delicious

>its a "liberal hit piece on mother tereasa over petty nothing reasons" episode

I can always tell what a piece of shit someone is based on how triggered they get over the mere mention of mother Teresa. No one gives a shit you assholes so please fuck off with your smug wikipedia knowledge

No rational person thinks he's not American. Stop perpetuating this meme

But she was terrible...

How does this counter the actual points made about her?

>having respect for saints means you believe they are gods themselves

once again, this is what protestants learn in their jesus camps right after they learn how jesus invented mcdonald 6000 years ago

>Christianity didn't exist until 1500 years after Christ died.

Protest "theology" is kinda shit tier honestly senpai.

t. Catholic convert from Southern Baptist

>without evidence
>father was from Kenya
>was basically raised by Muslims in Indonesia where he attended a predominantly Muslim school

TOTALLY CRAZY GOYIM TO THINK HE IS NOT GENUINE CHRISTIAN

You also moved the goalpost. Obama is an atheist like most politicians.

>believe in life after death
>talking to dead people is wrong guys!!!!

You ask you're family and friends for prayers why not ask for those in Heaven to also pray for us?

Suck a dick Obama, I know your a faggot

Obama is obviously an fence sitting agnostic who joined a "black person" christian church to help with his political career and "get in touch with his roots!" even though his only black part was straight from Africa and he grew up in a comfy white middle class atmosphere.

>birth certificate has been out for years
>literally an American citizen
>Cred Forums makes a bunch of shit up about him being a practicing Muslim by scraping together cobbled half stories
>everything else is conjecture
>being naive and gullible enough to believe it only in the grounds that it tickles your confirmation bias for Obama to be some shady, unAmerican villain.

Your points have been and will always be retarded, Cred Forums

>inb4 I get memed with some autist-tier image macro of Obama praising Allah or some out of context photo these uneducated backwater fucks found on Alex Jones.com

I hope you unironically hang yourself in November. Nobody will mourn your autism

You dont know what "moving the goal post" means user.

I agree, I consider him to be cultural Indochinamen, he had the traditional "black" experience in America, none of his ancestors were slaves, to add to that he was raised by his white grandparents after he moved back to Hawaii. He had an identity crisis when he went to college and did drugs, cause neither his whore mother or her white cuck parents could raise Sheik Mixer with any proper values.

Its sad that he is considered the first "black" president. He's nothing more than Sultan Mulatto.

>The future will not belong to those who slander the prophet of Allah
paraphrasing but he said that to the UN, go fuck yourself you blind fool.

>he never had the traditional "black" experience
fixed

>paraphrasing but he said that to the UN, go fuck yourself you blind fool.
You cant say you are paraphrasing and then expect me to believe he said that, you absolute retard. Because he literally never said that. Keep being stupid tho. Any day now, we are gonna take Cred Forums seriously.

Im blind? Oh, of course. I dont buy into unsubstantiated claims about my President, I must be some sort of delusional shill. Fuck me, I like facts. Whats wrong with me? Why cant I just be a delusional faggot like you?

He's not Christian he's Catholic. Get it straight.

The world is 240 years old.

Sure

america is

>This is what american protestants actually think

Allowing politics on Cred Forums was the biggest mistake Moot ever made.

Everyone thinks they're an expert, they haven't even finished community.

>Daredevil is Christian
stopped reading this retarded shitpost right there

Do people really think that Catholics arent Christian? Or this a new meme?

the only people I've ever heard say this is filipinos

horrifying webm

>They believe in creationism and that the earth is 6000 years old.

sooo you're saying the difference between catholics and protestants is that protestants actually believe the shit in their holy book?

what exactly is the point of catholicism then?

>atheist moderat

This thread is a trainwreck but I'm glad I get to see it with all of the shit flinging

>believing literal fanfiction

Didn't mean to reply to you bud

>Matt is a catholic
>thor exists within his universe and it common knowledge

are we supposed to think he isn't an idiot?

worst of all, matt's a lawcuck

Neither protestant nor catholic but you're fooling yourself here pal. you niggers straight up pray to your "saints" and ask them to do magic tricks for you so yeah you do deify them

Thor isnt an actual God, he is an alien from a different dimension with science they dont understand

There are literal deities that he indeed does know exist, Thor is not one of those

Atheist superheroes have no moral foundation.

An atheist with superpowers is literally a supervillain.

If a man believes there are no sins, what would motivate him to undertake vigilante justice?

"Social justice"? The law? And what about when the lawmakers themselves are corrupt?

You're posting on Cred Forums and posting about a moral foundation.

Well which is it?

Does God not exist or is God a "magical sky fairy"? It can't be both.

If there is no evidence of the existence of a magical sky fairy, all one could say is that God is NOT a magical sky fairy.

>I'm afraid to go to hell
>moral foundation

>Atheist superheroes have no moral foundation.
Do you honestly believe that Atheists have no moral foundation? I'm Atheist, and I have morals. You sound ignorant.

Religions dont own morality you autist

user, there is no objective evidence that shows any god exists, so they dont exisf until proven otherwise. Things arent all in a box of "could exist" and float there. Is there evidence or proof? No?

Well...then it doesnt exist. It only exists until you prove it.

In a sea of liberal "anything goes" atheism and postmodern permissiveness, it becomes counter-cultural to have traditional conservative values. When Miley Cyrus comes out as a "pansexual", she's not being transgressive, she's merely conforming to the the lack of morals promoted by the global media/financial sector.

Even Islam is revolutionary because it opposes the secularism promoted by multinational (((hyper-capitalists))).

As for "decreasing population", it's atheists who are outbred by traditional religious people.

Compare these two headlines:
German Birthrate Hits 33-Year High, Boosted by Migrant Babies
Merkel: National Push Needed in Germany to Deport Migrants With no Right to Stay

Fiction in general is liberal, due to artists being able to write, draw, make up whatever they want. So it's no surprise if an anime imageboard promotes a liberal progressive worldview.

After atheists were outed as fat fedora neckbeards on Plebbit, the body odor of atheism became unmistakeable.

>Christians
>Posting on Cred Forums
This is either the highest concentration of cognitive dissonance on the planet or some inception-level trolling. Either way, I'm fucking impressed.

Anyone who says "muh degeneracy" is a moron.

Do you really think degeneracy does not exist?

>degeneracy: the state or property of being degenerate.
>synonyms: corruption, decadence, moral decay, dissipation, dissolution, profligacy, vice, immorality, sin, sinfulness, ungodliness; debauchery;

For those who insist degeneracy is not a thing, do you honestly think that all books are of equal worth, that all films are of equal worth, that all TV shows are of equal worth, that all videogames are of equal worth, that all cultures are of equal worth?

You really can't notice any degradation of quality?

And there's no reason to support or defend homosexuals. The modern media turns anyone who comes out of the closet as a darling, so "enlightened", completely ignoring the fact that the only reason any homosexual is alive today is due to 4 billion years of evolution, including about 1.2 billion years of sexual reproduction.

Humans reproduce via sexual reproduction. Which means that exclusive homosexuals might as well kill themselves. And they often do, with AIDS.

Democrats are socially liberal. Apparently libertarians are also socially liberal, going by Gary Johnson.

>conservative propaganda that has told their entire base shit like their President isnt even American

That was started by Hillary's campaign in 2008, a Democrat.

It also doesn't help that his father is a Muslim, and that there are photos of Obama in Muslim garb.

Hillary's sleazeball campaign staffers seized on that stuff in 2008, so you get that old fuddy duddy lady that John McCain had to inform that Obama wasn't a Muslim.

However, some people think Hillary munches the rug of Huma Abedin, another Muslim.

>Taking The Washington Post seriously

It's only slightly less left wing than Wonkette and Jezebel.

Thanks for the autistic proselytizing, Cred Forumsfag. Really made me think.

So basically, you hate gays because they are you "degenerate" boogeyman? Okay. Thanks for the info.

It turns out that when Freud claimed that the root cause for neurosis in over 80% of the population lies in christianity, he wasn't that far off.

Nobody cares who his father is, and it was started way before Hillary and perpetuated by the retarded Birther movement

Oh wow, Obama was suposedly born in Hawaii, only 2 years after it became a state. So American.

And it was Hillary's campaign in 2008 that conjured up all the Muslim shit to attack Obama.

>atheists were outed as fat fedora neckbeards on Plebbit
What universe do you live in? The majority of atheists are not your retarded meme

>yes Catholics are "christian" but nobody actually calls them Christians

They do here in Belgium. Almost all of us are Catholic but they just call us Christians. But it's true that protestants do a lot more for their faith than Catholics do.

>Humans reproduce via sexual reproduction. Which means that exclusive homosexuals might as well kill themselves
Wew lad. You better never have sex for pleasure or masturbate then, since everytime you cum, your autistic god cries.

No but generally in non-Catholic countries if you just say "Christian" you're referring to a protestant denomination and you'll specifically say Catholic if you you're referring to a Catholic

I suppose some people could mistake this as thinking that Catholics aren't Christian in young age, but If someone says Catholics aren't Christian on a Bhutanese basket weaving forum they're baiting you

Fuck, I knew Daredevil was an idiot but this much...fuck
Even if all arguments against christianity were struck down eventually, the stupid guilt that you supposedly need to feel even when things are completely out of your control or when they are not your business and you didn't cause them would still bury christianity.

Well it's common knowledge that television is a cesspool of degenerate liberal shit and that Hollywood is run by pedophiles.

But that's a result of the worldview of the (((people))) who produce it.

You can't deny that Hollywood and the media and banking have a disproportionate number of Jews in it. Yet black people blame "whites" for it. Funny how Jews claim to be white when it behooves them, but claim to be Jewish when they need to play the Victim Card, or support Israel building a race-based apartheid wall and acting like Nazi Germany do the native population of that made up country.

>Oh wow, Obama was suposedly born in Hawaii, only 2 years after it became a state. So American
Where do you neets get your information? When do you think Hawaii became a state? Not that it even matters.

>And it was Hillary's campaign in 2008 that conjured up all the Muslim shit to attack Obama.
She was not the FIRST, no. But she was not the most prevelent either. The Birthers were

>Well it's common knowledge that television is a cesspool of degenerate liberal shit and that Hollywood is run by pedophiles.
Jesus fuck buddy, either deal with society changing over time like every civilization has fucking done, or just hang yourself.

How many times did Jesus talk about Hell again?

What exactly does "love thy neighbor as thyself" have to do with Hell?

>doesn't believe in sin
>thinks he can still have a moral foundation
>t. sam harris

Again, morality is not exclusive to religion....you keep making this false point.

Autism or lack of higher education: the post

Catholic theologians shit on retard protestant theologians you idiot.

Its not "supposedly" you dense fuck, he WAS born in Hawaii, which is a fucking state.

Why are people like you so hung up about his birth? Honestly, if he WAS white, would you ask these questions?

Atheists have no reason to have a moral foundation, except to look good to others, as a way of virtual signalling.

Humans are the only theists on Earth. Every other living thing on Earth is atheist, no other animal believes in God, there is no evidence of any non-human animal believing in God. And look at what happens in the wild kingdom.

Atheists believe every deity is man-made. But if every deity is man-made, then every moral code is man-made. Atheists reject deities for being imaginary man-made concepts which inform people how to live their lives, yet embrace personally constructed moral codes which are imaginary man-made concepts which inform people how to live their lives?

Why would reject a deity because it's man-made, but embrace a man-made moral code or a man-made law? All are things that supposedly exist above people, that people should supposedly follow, that supposedly "rules" over the behavior of mankind.

What would evidence of God look like? That entirely depends on what you think God is.

But how do you know your concept of God is correct?

If you think God is a magical man in the sky, and you see no evidence of a magical man in the sky, does that mean there is no God? No, only if God is, in fact, a magical man in the sky. So you cannot conclude there is no God from that. You can only conclude that God is not a magical man in the sky. You could only conclude that you were looking for the wrong thing. You could only say what God is not.

How do you know what to look for? How do you know you're looking in the right place? It depends on your first assumption about God.

>Atheists have no reason to have a moral foundation, except to look good to others, as a way of virtual signalling.
This is a completely untrue statement to say. Morality is not contingent on having faith or belief in deities. You can have a moral code of human ethics of how to treat and respect fellow human beings. You are being retarded in saying my moral code can only exist in some religion vacuum.

>Every other living thing on Earth is atheist, no other animal believes in God, there is no evidence of any non-human animal believing in God.
Because its a human-invented concept you shitheel

>then every moral code is man-made
Yes...is there a point? Can something not matter if it is man made? Language is man made....you use it. What type of autist are you where you think things dont function if they are man made? Our entire lexicon of human ideas, beliefs and thoughts are constructed by us.

>yet embrace personally constructed moral codes which are imaginary man-made concepts which inform people how to live their lives?
The morals are usually agreed upon by most of the society to be acceptable...dont kill people because it isnt beneficial to the species and tramples agreed upon personal rights to life and liberty that we all agreed on.

>Why would reject a deity because it's man-made, but embrace a man-made moral code or a man-made law?
Because you live in a society with other people...

Do you think moot's parents were atheist?

Media in general does tend to make Christians drift away from Christianity. Because Christianity often points out how harmful various media influences can be.

A Christian who is introduced to Japanese animation on American televisino and later delves more into it, will eventually discover how degenerate anime can be. And since they don't like being told they should feel back for consuming it, they often reject religion.

Same reason many homosexuals reject religion. They don't want to be told they're doing anything wrong, they don't want to feel bad.

You arent actually saying anything. Its painful.
>dudebro, you cant say that god doesnt exist, because what even IS god, man?

No version of a deity exists. There is no proof of any deity in any physical manifestation or form. It therefore, doesnt exist.

Things dont just exist because you dont know how to define it, that doesnt give it credence to then just exist.

These are high school arguments, kiddo.

It's not "proselytizing" to point out that theists outbreed theists by large margins. Most immigrants are theists. Most nations being overrun by immigrants have left atheism and secularism creep into their society.

Oh, and people with autism are more likely to be atheist. Because people with autism have an impaired theory of mind, they have trouble imagining what other people are thinking and feeling, they have trouble with empathy, putting themselves in others' shoes. But a lot of theism is considering what God would want you to do. Autists have difficulty imagining what other people want them to do, so they also have trouble imagining what God would want them to do.

I don't hate gays, it just makes no fucking sense, from a religious standpoint, or atheist standpoint, or biological standpoint.

And yes, many gays are degenerate. Ejaculating onto asphalt at gay pride parades, molesting children in the Catholic Church, molesting teens in Hollywood like Corey Feldman and Corey Haim and countless others (which Rose McGowan recently pointed out), degenerates like Bryan Singer getting a free pass, etc. Not to mention underage boys at Tory sex parties in the UK.

You're welcome. Happy to inform you.

>It's not "proselytizing" to point out that theists outbreed atheists by large margins
This isnt really true, mate. Religious numbers of people have steadily declined in first world nations over the last 50 years. It continues to decline. Would you like a chart?

>Oh, and people with autism are more likely to be atheist.
TOP KEK, so youve been baiting me the whole time? Haha okay. I fell for it. And here I thought you were actually retarded

Homosexuals are not pedophiles, mate. Nice bait though. You made it too obvious.

Pretty sure Freud blamed fathers or mother or something.

Slavoj Zizek wrote why Islam is so appealing to orphans.
abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/05/10/3500125.htm

>In contrast to both Judaism and Christianity, Islam excludes God from the domain of the patriarchal logic. Allah is not a father, not even a symbolic one. Rather, God is one - he is neither born nor does he give birth to creatures.

>This is why there is no place for a Holy Family in Islam. This is why Islam so emphasizes the fact that Muhammad himself was an orphan. This is why, in Islam, God intervenes precisely at the moments of the suspension or failure of the paternal function (when the mother or the child are abandoned by the biological father). This is also why Islam represented such a problem for Freud: his entire theory of religion is based on the connection between God and "the father."

Birtherism was started by Hillary's presidential campaign over 8 years ago.

No, it wasnt.

How do you know what the majority of atheists look like?

Every organism in the wild kingdom that is not human is an atheist.

As for human atheists, are you talking about Asians or something?

Im saying that you cant just paint an entire demographic of people as a meme because you are too stupid or lack enough real empathy to understand why atheists exist in the first place.

As to your animal kingdom point, I have no fucking clue what you are trying to say with that, but I dont care honestly.

>majority of atheists are neckbeards
>this generalization is a fact to me

Im atheist
I live with my longterm girlfriend
I have no criminal record
I work, pay bills, have hobbies
I have friends and family
Im moderately healthy
Dont do any hard drugs

Im literally not a neckbeard meme you generalizing christfag

The only reason sex is pleasurable in the first place is because in organisms where sex was pleasurable they had children via sexual reproduction.

And there's a difference between someone who has sex for pleasure, and a person who actively avoids the opposite sex and focuses solely on hedonism.

As for masturbation, it is certainly more moral to masturbate, because less people get hurt that way. And in antinatalism, which opposes birth, since every birth leads to a life of pain, suffering, and eventual death, masturbation would be the superior moral position over sex which could eventually produce a child.

Homosexuals could point out that gay sex cannot produce a child either, and yet homosexual sex leads to all kind of increased suffering in the world, via the spread of STDs, deaths due to AIDS, deaths due to AIDs-infected blood donations, and even cheating which can lead to murder.

And it's funny people keep bringing up autism, because one of the biggest predictors of someone being an atheist is being autistic (which is more likely if someone's father was age 35 or over at the time of conception, due to accumulated mutations in the germline cells that produce sperm).

I think you just identified one of the biggest reasons people become atheist.

They don't want to feel guilt. Over anything.

the brainwashing is real

>even cheating which can lead to murder
What in the fuck are you talking about.

>atheism is a predictor for autism

Hahahahahahahhaha oh, this is def bait.

Hawaii became a US state in 1959. Obama was born in 1961. Try to keep up.

>She was not the FIRST, no. But she was not the most prevelent either. The Birthers were

Hillary's campaign started Birtherism. Try to keep up.

>atheists dont want to feel guilt over anything
>thats why they are atheists
Its like half of you have never met a nonreligious person or get your info from propaganda cartoons

Do you think abortion clinics eat fetuses and atheists worship Satan too?

I might as well say deal with the fact that religion exists, or just hang yourself.

Oh wow, society changes over time? You don't say? Thanks that for incredible fact.

If you think societies can only improve, unlike, you know, every civilization in the history of the world eventually collapsing, keep on dreaming that progressive dream.

I am eating shrimp with bbq sauce : 3

Hillary did not start the birther movement faggot, and Obama was born on US soil then.

Both your points are dumb. Why do you ask so many questions about where your President was born? Im pretty sure I fucking asked you why you never questioned anyone elses birth. Have you?

If Obama was white, you wouldnt be this autistic about his birth

I never said it was. You keep disputing a point I didn't make.

However, the concept of objective morality IS exclusive to religion. And if there is no final say, no ultimate authority, then every moral code is in flux, like the sands on a beach. Which explains cultural relativism. Which explains people not wanting to criticize other cultures or ways of life for fearing of looking like "bigots." Which explains people insisting that how you life your life is merely a matter of pesonal choice.

I'm saying that if there is no God, then any moral code that humans invent, is as imaginary as any deity that humans invent. So why reject all deities for being man-made, but embrace any moral code (despite it also being man-made)?

POLITICS SHOULD BE BANNED

You are the one all bent out of shape that people have values you dont like. You are the one who keeps sperging out like he wants to refuse to function in society

>le pessimistic everything is collasping meme
Yeah, because the ancient Greeks actually had secret technology to go to the fucking moon and cure polio but it was all kosr to us! Right?

There is NO progress being made, computers dont exist and I sure cant save my kids from treatable diseases....

Just go fuck yourself. Your problem is that you want to live in a universe that doesnt exist anymore and you, for whatever uneducated reason, cant just reformat some basic beliefs to just accept people you share this planet with. You assholes are selfish and self centered neets

>the concept of objective morality IS exclusive to religion.
No its not, now go to bed.

Jews make up about 0.2% of the world's population.

You don't think Jews make up a disproporionate amount of people in Hollywood, banking, and the media?

And you accuse ME of having a lack of higher education?

Did you learn about percentages in math in school user? Did you make it that far?

>You don't think Jews make up a disproporionate amount of people in Hollywood, banking, and the media?

My vulva does

>So why reject all deities for being man-made, but embrace any moral code (despite it also being man-made)?
Ive already answered this and you didnt like the answer. You think believing in paranormal creatures or deities requires the same sort of work as creating our own set of humanistic values that society agrees to live by. Its not the same work. Cultural relativism is a real thing, there is no objectively good or bad society, just some universal human ethics that most societies tend to agree upon historically. You just dont like that answer. Go to bed.

Look, I don't really care much about Obama's birth ceritificate. But have you seen it? Or do you just take another person's word for it? Supposedly Savannah Guthrie was shown a digital image of it.

Funny how atheists would disbelieve in the existence of God because they've never seen God, but would believe in the existence (and authenticity) of a birth certificate they've never witnessed.

When will you stop posting and realize that nobody cares or is even acknowledging you, besides the off (you)s

>Muh Savannah Guthrie Cred Forums meme
Yes I have seen it. It is a public record document that any retard can go and read.

Face it, you only care because hes black and you are dodging it as a question because you know there is truth in it. If he was white you would never have bothered. And you know it.

Also, do you mean to tell me, that you are so blatantly retarded, that you didnt know where to find his birth certificate, online? His entire longform is available on thw official homepage of the fucking white house.

European nationalists killed Cred Forums

>comparing the complete lack of any evidence for God
>to the actual evidence of Obama's birth certificate
>A document that takes three seconds to look up

The whole lot of you in this thread are retarded beyond belief.

>Mormonism
>under Christianity.

that's like saying hari krishna is under hinduism

>Republitards STILL think Obama is a Muslim

Yes, and?

>Morality is not contingent on having faith or belief in deities. You can have a moral code of human ethics of how to treat and respect fellow human beings.

If there is no God, any moral code is as man-made as any deity. You can invent your own moral code, but that's like inventing your own deity.

Moral codes only matter when many people follow them. Religions throughout history have cited gods as the reason why they should be followed.

If a fellow mortal invented a moral code for others to obey, why should anyone obey it when they could just invent their own?

>Language is man made....you use it.

Atheists reject religions which are constructed by people. And you didn't choose the language you speak. Charles Tart said all people from birth are induced into the "consensus trance" of the culture around them. That goes for language, and all memes.

Humans invented language. If there is no God, it is only language that allows people to believe in God. Language, since it's abtract, allows people to talk about things that don't exist. Like blind superheroes that fight crime. Or gods. Not much difference between deities and superheroes.

If someone rejects religion as a delusion but still embraces language, language is the thing that leads to more delusions than anything else.

>The morals are usually agreed upon by most of the society to be acceptable...

What do you think religion is? A social system of morality. And if all deities are man-made, so are all "rights." You think rights exist because people say they do, but gods don't?

If someone believes in God-given rights, then no man can take them away.

>Because you live in a society with other people...

You laugh at the deity but take the law seriously? Most deities come with rules to follow. The deity gives the rules more authority than mankind. If a mob is the authority, why should you obey them?

it's ignorant as fuck and proves you don't know anything about either group

or you're trolling

in which case, carry on my wayward son

He studies at a Satanic school. Principal's gonna freak if he finds out.

Nothing you are still saying makes any logical sense and I already answered these questions you keep repeating...forcing me to repeat myself over and over.

You just dont like the answers I give you.

You don't fucking get it.

>No version of a deity exists. There is no proof of any deity in any physical manifestation or form. It therefore, doesnt exist.

What you consider "proof" depends ENTIRELY on your preconceived notion of what God is.

What would you consider proof of God? How do you know that's correct?

An atheist who doesn't believe in God believes that no concept of God is correct, and believes that it would be impossible for there to be proof of God.

You're lack of belief isn't based on lack of evidence, it's based on an a priori assumption that there can be no evidence.

>Things dont just exist because you dont know how to define it, that doesnt give it credence to then just exist.

To determine if something exists, you have to have in mind a concept of what you are looking for.

So, by what criteria do you say "that is not God" or "that is God"? By what criteria do you consider something to be evidence of God?

If you think God is physical, and see no proof of any physical manifestation, then conclude there is no God, the conclusion (there is no God) contradicts the premise (God is physical).

Kiddo.

> Because christfags have never been this uppidy and angry in a long while
Did you just forget the Bush presidency? There's a hell of a lot of very strongly religious people in America and so naturally they have a big impact on politics there. It's called democracy you whiny bitch, get over it.

>they are openly painting secular people are dummies or retards
Isn't there a line in the bible when the refer to atheists as being "fools"? That's hardly a new thing.

Because moral codes are still much more useful than deities are now.

>This isnt really true, mate. Religious numbers of people have steadily declined in first world nations over the last 50 years. It continues to decline. Would you like a chart?

Uhh, it is true...mate.

Religious people out-reproduce secular ones by a landslide
blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/gods-little-rabbits-religious-people-out-reproduce-secular-ones-by-a-landslide/

In first world nations, religions have declined, due to the influence of atheism and secularism. And you wonder why first world nations have birthrates that lower than the replacement rate?

>TOP KEK, so youve been baiting me the whole time? Haha okay. I fell for it. And here I thought you were actually retarded

No. I'm just more well informed than you.

Is atheism linked to autism? Controversial study points to relationship between the two

>An atheist who doesn't believe in God believes that no concept of God is correct, and believes that it would be impossible for there to be proof of God.
No, see you dont even fucking knownwhat atheism IS. we never say it is impossible for there to be proof, we say that there currently IS no proof, SO it doesnt exist. You honestly just dont know what atheists even say or believe.

>You're lack of belief isn't based on lack of evidence, it's based on an a priori assumption that there can be no evidence.
Not a single Atheist has ever said there "can be no evidence", just that there exists no current evidence strong enough, which is true. There is no evidence. Until the day comes when you can provide empirical evidence, deities in any form you want them to be in, will not be said to exist.

Now get out of here with your pseudo-intellectual bullshit. You dont know what you are talking about.

Sorry, second link is here:

Nothing I said was even whiny you projecting faggot

Homosexual pedophiles are homosexuals, mate. Think Catholic clergy, think Jerry Sandusky, think Bryan Singer, think Hollywood, think Tory sex parties with underage boys in the UK.

And homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses.

Yes it was.

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/16/msnbc-politico-bloomberg-cnn-mcclatchy-confirm-hillary-clintons-2008-campaign-spread-birtherism/

I dont think you even read this opinion piece

Atheist is lack of belief in God. Only humans believe in God (based on all available evidence). So every other lifeform is atheist.

And I don't want you mean by painting an entire demographic of people "as a meme." You mean atheist godless liberals tending to engage in degenerate behavior?

In humans, atheism is a meme. In other animals, they have no concept of atheism.

>breitbart is an unbiased source ofinformation about Hillary Clinton
Right. What other source do you have besides this one?

did you just link breitbart

Religious people out producing does not mean that religious belief is not in decline in first world nations....it just means that "religious" people have more kids. The numbers of religious people being religious is still declining...

>majority of atheists are neckbeards

Care to point out where I said that?

I said
>After atheists were outed as fat fedora neckbeards on Plebbit, the body odor of atheism became unmistakeable.

Basically, atheism became uncool after atheists started coming out of the closet and revealing what they looked like.

Oh so you shack up? Do soft drugs?

Care to tell me again how atheists are not degenerates?

>I dont understand the fundamental difference between a homosexual and a pedophile

But are those really degenerated versions of older things you liked or just wholly new undegenerated versions that you don't like? Degenerate means specifically that something has gotten worse, it's not that's it's been replaced by something worse it's still mean to be the original thing it's just that it's changed so much that it's no longer anything like what it's supposed to be.

For example the Forth Amendment has never been repealed, it's still a part of the constitution and technically has to be obeyed, the system hasn't changed at all on paper. But in practice the actual enforcement of that amendment has degenerated so much that it has become meaningless and shit like PRISM can happen, not because the amendment was repealed and it was now allowed but simply because the willingness of public officials to obey that amendment had degenerated so far, they'd simply stopped caring.

>Oh so you shack up?
>sex makes you a degenerate

Fuck you you judgemental faggot. Ive lived with my girlfriend for two years, im going to marry her soon. I dont care what your opinion is of me. I know im a decent human being

At least I dont call homosexuals pedophiles like some autist

Why do you think murder happens between couples? Boyfriend vs girlfriend. Husband vs wife?

Sexual jealousy evolved in humans. So yes, cheating tends to enrage the person cheated on, and that rage often leads to murder. Being cheated on is often motivation for one person to murder their significant other.

>Hahahahahahahhaha oh, this is def bait.

Learn something.

>it was started way before Hillary
prove it

This would make him both a catholic and a Christian I guess

There really is a big difference.
Haha what
Constantine literally applied the attributes of the roman gods to saints for worship to make the new church more palatable, which is why Catholics pray to Mary for forgiveness, Christopher for safe travels, Anthony for lost items, et cetera. The Bible explicitly says it's worthless to pray to anyone but Jesus, these people are dead and can not intercede on your behalf. If God is omnipresent he hears it the first time, you don't need dead saints to put in a good word for you.

You have like archaic and outdated knowledge about life in general.

And this autism piece you keep linking, they never once say "there is a correlation between being atheist and being autistic" or that "being atheist increases your risk for autism". You didnt read the fucking article you sent.

You sound like scum, honestly

Being a natural born citizen is one of the requirements to be President of the United States, so why would you sperg out if people want that criteria verified?

And Hillary's campagn in 2008 circulated a memo outlining plans to attack Obama's "lack of American roots"
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2008/08/penn-strategy-memo-march-19-2008/37952/

Arent you making the claim that she started it? Im asking for evidence of that. Where is it? Who told you?

If you say so~

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Society_for_Krishna_Consciousness

>Being a natural born citizen is one of the requirements to be President of the United States, so why would you sperg out if people want that criteria verified?
Because why would you ONLY ask that of the first black president and not of any previous president in recent US history?

You see how autistic it looks, right?

You ameritard! The head of the christianity, the Pope is catholic. Just because you amerifats wrote a sidestory it doesn't make it the one and only Christian thing.

>You are the one all bent out of shape that people have values you dont like.

Well, not all values are created equal.

You seem to think it's just a matter of personal preference, but some values are objectively better for achieving certain outcomes than others.

>Yeah, because the ancient Greeks actually had secret technology to go to the fucking moon and cure polio but it was all kosr to us! Right?

Their actions also didn't lead to anthropoenic climate change.

>There is NO progress being made, computers dont exist and I sure cant save my kids from treatable diseases....

Their actions also didn't lead to the emergence of superbugs, or the threat of killer AI (which Stephen Hawking loves to talk about.

>Just go fuck yourself. Your problem is that you want to live in a universe that doesnt exist anymore and you, for whatever uneducated reason, cant just reformat some basic beliefs to just accept people you share this planet with. You assholes are selfish and self centered neets

"A universe that doesn't exist anymore"

Do I need to post a picture of the Pale Blue Dot?

>just accept people you share this planet with

Like religious people?

LMAO. Leftists are so fucking retarded they can't even see their own hypocrisy.

both hari krishna and mormonism are cults that borrow heavily from previously established faiths

I don't mean this in a judgmental way all religions begin as cults, but to put one under the umbrella of the other shows you don't have a grasp on what defines religion

>on what defines religion

A common set of religious beliefs

>that borrow heavily from previously established faiths

Which you have just admitted to

stop being stupid any time

Oh really?

You insist that there can be "objective morality" in the absence of God?

What, do you think evolution designs objective morality? Evolution doesn't design anything. That would require intent.

defines as in describes the barriers between

they aren't splinter sects. they're only loosely associated with the other faith by means of some co-opted mythology

Again, you arent SAYING anything.

>What, do you think evolution designs objective morality? Evolution doesn't design anything. That would require intent.

I don't even know why you would bother posting this. Do you think people are fooled by such a blatant strawman?

>they're only loosely associated with the other faith

Although you just said they borrow heavily from them

>You think believing in paranormal creatures or deities requires the same sort of work as creating our own set of humanistic values that society agrees to live by.

What do you think religion is? A group of people following man-made values.

But religion posits the existence of a higher power where those values came from. Otherwise, if there is no higher power, then only a secular "law" can stand in for a higher power. Notice how gods supposed rule over people, and how laws supposedly rule over people. You reject one higher power (invented by man if there is no God) for another higher power invented by man.

>Cultural relativism is a real thing, there is no objectively good or bad society, just some universal human ethics that most societies tend to agree upon historically.

You think no culture is better or worse than any other? You are truly retarded.

>some universal human ethics that most societies tend to agree upon historically.

Such as?

>doesnt see how blatantly hypocritical he is
>calls liberals (his go to boogeyman) hypocritical

Im done here.

user when you choose only certain parts of a post to respond to in order to make your argument look better it's called cherry picking and it's how I know you're an idiot

When will you stop reading? After this question mark?

Well you sure are whining now aren't you?

>projecting
Oh wow all I did was correct a few obviously incorrect things you said and now I'm "projecting". Projecting what exactly?

I dont know what it is you THINK you are saying, but it keeps going in circles.

Like I said. I don't fucking care about the birth certificate.

But are you aware that digital images can be manipulated user? Faked?

Like the opening credits of Daredevil for example?

>You think no culture is better or worse than any other? You are truly retarded.
There exists no actual objectivity to human society, outside of human society...there exists trends in societal rules that could be considered "universal" humanistic traits and beliefs.

Youd be a shit historian

Would you take a digital image to be evidence of God user?

Why or why not?

are you one of those people who think photoshop is magic?

I dont live my life thinking everything is faked or a conspiracy like some schizo nutjob. Prove the certificate was faked or go be a retard somewhere else. I believe there is a board that hates niggers and jews and wants a race war, and believe that everything is a lie

I hear they also hate that their president is black.

It does make logical sense.

If deities are all man-made delusions, why do you think moral codes are not?

And keep in mind, that belief in most deities entails certain moral codes that go along with it.

>When people see an event as divine intervention, or a result of intelligent design, they’re just letting their teleological bias run amok. They’re attributing purpose where there is none. Bethany Heywood, in collaboration with Jesse Bering, found in her Ph.D. research that even atheists tend to say that certain things happened to them “for a reason,” e.g., to teach them a lesson. But subjects with Asperger’s gave significantly fewer teleological responses than a control group did, and several even expressed confusion regarding the questions about purpose.
>They’re attributing purpose where there is none.

I don't get why religious people keep on posting this article when really it sorts of shitting on their side. It's not saying autistic people are more likely to be atheistic because of their cognitive limitations, it's actually saying the exact opposite.

>He's not christian, he's Catholic
Without the Catholic church, there would be no Christianity.

What?

>If deities are all man-made delusions, why do you think moral codes are not?
I never once said that moral codes are not man made. That doez not devoid them of value. I also answered this question two different ways already, you keep thinking that believing in a deity requires the same work as developing moral codes that other humans agree on. One is far more tangible than the other.

Your argument is one of semantics. But you dont seem to understand that

Have you considered that mankind invented deities so people would follow moral codes, so that moral codes would be useful, that deities are useful?

Otherwise, why follow Random Guy's moral code?

A deity, whether real or not, gives a moral code authority. A moral code invented by a mere mortal ultimately has no authority.

Even the concept of "authority" itself is suspect if there is no God.

The law? The state? A moral code?

All supposedly authoritative sources that humans are expected to follow.

The term "God" is a red herring used in western philosophy as a fancy was of saying "I don't know, but here is a place holder". In eastern philosophy, the godhead is just another word for the universe.
People arguing for the western concept of "God" are borderline retarded.

I noticed that too. They dont actually read the articles they post. Thats why.

These guys are right, but you're all retards if you support any religion.

What do you guys think about Sam Hyde's hair in that pic??

It's similar to what I got going on right now

>Otherwise, why follow Random Guy's moral code?
Humans follow social norms which are set by thousands of successful generations of natural selection. Moral "codes" are merely describing what people naturally do.

Christians branched from Catholicism dumb shits. Sage

>man made authority holds no real authority
>therefore I can disregard laws I dont like if Gods law is different
Oh please, go break the law and make that argument in court faggot. This is the dumbest logic imaginable.

Again, it is very simple. Law isnt going to accommodate you religious hugbox at the expense of anyone's freedoms, so you either play ball with everyone else, or legit kill yourself.

Atheism is lack of belief in God.

And if an atheist says there is no proof of God, they MUST have in mind an idea of what that proof would look like, or what God would look like. What you think God is shapes your concept of what you think proof of God would looke like.

By not believing in God, you essentially believe that that only is the concept of the Judeo-Christian God incorrect, but that every concept of God is incorrect. You rule out every concept of God.

>Not a single Atheist has ever said there "can be no evidence", just that there exists no current evidence strong enough, which is true. There is no evidence. Until the day comes when you can provide empirical evidence, deities in any form you want them to be in, will not be said to exist.

No evidence? What would evidence look like? What would empirical evidence of God look like?

Like I said before, if you think God is a magical man in the sky, and you see no evidence of a magical man in the sky, does that mean there is no God? No, only if God is, in fact, a magical man in the sky.

You could only say what God is not. You could not say there is not God.

>231 posts and 14 image replies shown.

>Atheism is lack of belief in God.
No it's not. Atheism is the lack of theism.

I don't think you read it. Here, let me spoonfeed you the link to the actual study cited in that article.

Mentalizing Deficits Constrain Belief in a Personal God
>Religious believers intuitively conceptualize deities as intentional agents with mental states who anticipate and respond to human beliefs, desires and concerns. It follows that mentalizing deficits, associated with the autistic spectrum and also commonly found in men more than in women, may undermine this intuitive support and reduce belief in a personal God. Autistic adolescents expressed less belief in God than did matched neuro-typical controls (Study 1). In a Canadian student sample (Study 2), and two American national samples that controlled for demographic characteristics and other correlates of autism and religiosity (Study 3 and 4), the autism spectrum predicted reduced belief in God, and mentalizing mediated this relationship. Systemizing (Studies 2 and 3) and two personality dimensions related to religious belief, Conscientiousness and Agreeableness (Study 3), failed as mediators. Mentalizing also explained the robust and well-known, but theoretically debated, gender gap in religious belief wherein men show reduced religious belief (Studies 2–4).

>Atheism is lack of belief in God.
No, its a complete nonbelief in a god. Calling it a "lack" makes it sound like God exists and we just refuse to believe it.

Everything else you said is just circular semantics you keep going around and around with...I've answered you maybe five times now.

You are just generally unintelligent

Dude, the fucking URL itself cites MSNBC, Politico, Bloomberg, CNN, McCclathy.

You must be 18 to use this website.

Not an argument or an answer

Again, I honestly dont think you really understand the language of this article and what it is conveying...

>it just means that "religious" people have more kids.

That's what I was fucking saying:

>theists outbreed atheists by large margins.

Yes, religion is becoming less popular worldwide. Yet religious people continue to have more children.

But who fucking cares if they have more children? Why is that a counter to the obvious fact that religion is declining?

Are you actually trying to convince me that the only way we can have successful or stable birth rates, is through religious people boning? Because if so, thats such a massive cognitive gymnastic, beyond autistic...its downright retarded.

And you don't seem to understand categories or sets.

A homosexual pedophile is a homosexual. Homosexual is a category, and in that case, pedophile is a subcategory of that. Meaning, among homosexuals, some of them are pedophiles. A homosexual pedophile is a subset of homosexuals. Or, a homosexual pedophile is a subset of pedophiles.

Homosexuals are attracted to the same sex. Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children.

Catholic Clergy who sexually abuse boys are homosexual pedophiles.

All of this is phenomenally incorrect that its laughable.

No, pedophilia is not a "subset" of homosexuality you retard. Please tell me where you get this information from?

Degenerate implies some lessening, lesser quality, lesser value, less, a regression, a reversion, a lowering of standards.

Oh, so judging people is wrong now?

And I didn't say all homosexuals are pedophiles. But among homosexuals, some are pedophiles. It's a big problem in Hollywood, and in many upper parts of government around the world.

>A homosexual pedophile is a homosexual.
Being gay isnt a crime, fucking a kid is...
You cant be this much of an autist and believe that consentual sex with your own sex, is anywhere near the same thing as pedophilia

Also the majority of pedophiles are attracted to children of the opposite sex, so that throws a wrench in your "blame the gays" game you are playing here

Clumping gays who do consentual sex with pedophiles who rape children is underhanded, wrong and makes you a deeply misinformed and uneducated person.

Archaic? Oh noes! A liberal using an ad hominem attack! Do you think democracy is archaic? Or does that not fit some progressive narrative?

You didn't read it.

>the autism spectrum predicted reduced belief in God

Who do you think started Birtherism and what's your evidence?

I never asked for it. Hillary's campaign did. Because she ran against Obama in 2008.

>American proddies are THIS dumb

We believe in Jesus, you're thinking of Jews.

>everyone is my liberal boogeyman
Your study doesnt say there is a direct cause and effect relationship between autism and atheism, you illiterate retard. Its not a correlation, thats not even what the study was about. You cant read. You just cant fucking read.

But you think it was justified to ask, right?

I was replying to someone who claims objective morality can exist without God.

I am certainly aware that the atheist Sam Harris believes that morality concerns the well-being of conscious creatures, yet does that mean that smoking tobacco is objectively wrong because it harms the person smoking it?

>Calling it a "lack" makes it sound like God exists and we just refuse to believe it.
Which seems to be a common perception of atheists.

A couple of years back if you said you were an atheist on Cred Forums somebody would immediately respond that you became an atheist just because you disliked going to church on sunday.

In the shitty proddie film God's Not Dead some student has to prove god against his atheist professor.
It turns out the professor's not actually atheist but hates god because his wife died.
youtube.com/watch?v=bMjo5f9eiX8

If you live your whole life believing in god it might be hard to understand that other people just don't believe the same thing and it's easier to form a narrative where atheists are butthurt.

>Exclaimation marks
>That "I read Buzzfeed"-tier sarcasm

You're either a faggot or a woman.

Yeah I honestly hate those generalizations. But it takes so long to explain to some of these Christfags.

I lost my Christian faith over years. My life has improved for me because I learned how to question my beliefs. Ive held very shitty beliefs in the past, but everyone needs to either grow or stagnate.

What are the "universal" humanistic traits and beliefs, shared by all human societies?

The taboo on cannibalism? No, many societies throughout history (and even today) engage in cannibalism.

The taboo on incest? No, for Egyptian royalty it was common for siblings to marry.

The taboo on murder? No, many societies were extremely murderous.

The idea that "we cannot judge societies we are not a part of" is false.

Are you one of those people who think every digital image is authentic and real and is proof of a real thing?

Cannabalism and incest are concepts that are not applicable to all human societies and are examples of extremely phased out ideas that the majority of the planet does not agree with. Most cannibalistic societies died out you moron, because it wasnt advantageous to human society.

You really dont know what you are talking about, this idea that one culture is better than another one is dangerously fascist and authoritarian.

>Prove the certificate was faked

As atheists like to say, it's up to the person making the claim to provide the evidence for it, not for the skeptic to disprove it.

All I'm saying is that in the age of digital imagery, seeing something as a digital image is not necessarily concrete proof that it is what it purports to be.

>The idea that "we cannot judge societies we are not a part of" is false.
It implies superiority of one culture over another based on personal perceptions outside of any objective human advantage. And it is wrong.

Please stop talking already

>It's not saying autistic people are more likely to be atheistic because of their cognitive limitations, it's actually saying the exact opposite.

See the study mentioned in the article.

The claim is that the certificate was faked....you are making that unsubstantiated claim. I dont have to prove a fucking negative...

>not being a communist

Would you think that a digital image of a birth certificate is evidence of the existence of an actual paper birth certificate? Yes or no?

Would you think that a digital image of God is evidence of the existence of an actual God? Yes or no?

Yes we get it, you cant read.

>Would you think that a digital image of a birth certificate is evidence of the existence of an actual paper birth certificate? Yes or no?
You are really hung up on this digital shit. Its not that there is just a digital copy, news outlets have been given physical copies, the evidence has been corroborated by third-parties even the state of Hawaii confirmed its legitimacy. The evidence is overwhelming that it is REAL, I dont base my belief that it is legit just on a single digital picture.

>Would you think that a digital image of God is evidence of the existence of an actual God? Yes or no?
Considering the complexity and enormity of evidence that would be 100 percent sufficient to prove it exists, no. One singular picture does not do that.

But dont be an autist and compare the level of evidence you need for a deity to a birth document...one requires FAR more work

>Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
> not Christian
You are literally a cartoon for being this fucking retarded

Have you considered the possibility that humans invented religion (and maybe even deities) because they found it had value?

Moral codes and deities are as intangible as each other.

Yes, you can write moral codes down. Yes, you can write down stories of deities. But does writing it down make it true? Does writing it down give it authority? Does making a statue of a deity give it authority?

This goes back to the invention of writing.

Written language was maybe invented in ancient Mesopotamia around 3200 BC. The oldest known law code is The Code of Ur-Nammu, from Mesopotamia, written on tablets, in the Sumerian language, circa 2100 BC.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Mesopotamian_religion
>Mesopotamian religion has the oldest body of recorded literature of any religious tradition.

They also believed the deities literally inhabited statues.

That goes back to the invention of representation, sculpting, drawing.

The moral codes that humans invented, it was deities that gave those moral codes authority.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Ur-Nammu
>The prologue, typical of Mesopotamian law codes, invokes the deities for Ur-Nammu's kingship, Nanna and Utu

Do you have a point...? Again, you keep going in these circles. My patience is wearing unbelievably thin talking about the same fucking thing three or four times

People who think there is a single "Western concept of God" are retarded.

They're probably thinking about the Judeo-Christian God of the Bible.

Except that many in Western philosphy believe God and the universe are the same thing, pantheism. Or that the universe exists within God, panentheism.

>Obvious Fedora Bait
>275 Replies
>Real Discussion Threads Die
Cred Forums in a nutshell.

It's right fucking there.

Oh yeah, because athests are so smart that they just happen to be outbred by religious people.

No its not. You seriously have posted this foir or fivr times, and cant read what the article is actually saying.

Just stop...

Why haven't you embraced Posadism?

You're cherry picking.

Again, what does outbreeding have anything to do with intelligence? You keep trying to make this point...its an autistc one. If anything, there are correlations between the poorly educated and higher birth rates. A lot of stupid people tend to fuck and have kids more. Whats your point?

He doesnt know what cherrypicking is

*I should say whats the point of mentioning atheism and birth rates

Why reject religious social norms but follow irreligious social norms?

Why reject religious shaming but embrace secular shaming?

And it's not like all human social norms are the result of natural selection. I guess you could talk about culture, memes (units of culture), and memetic evolution. But a meme is successful merely if it gets copied.

Moral codes don't describe what people do, they describe what people think others SHOULD do. Moral codes are normative and prescriptive, not descriptive.

Culture describes what "is", moral codes describe what "ought."

However, the "ought" needs a reason. In religion, a deity is the reason. I suppose in secular societies, "the state" or just "the law" is the reason. Or the "king" is the reason. But throughout Western history, most "kings" claimed their authority to rule came from God.

It has to do with who humans consider to be an authority figure.

?

>It has to do with who humans consider to be an authority figure.
And you want (need) it to be your God...right? Is that the point of all of this?

>Judeo-Christian

This term always pisses me off.

There's nothing significantly "judeo" about Paul's conception of God. Sure, it co-opts ideas like the Messiah but abandons the Law almost completely.

Or if you're gonna leave the word Judaism in there, it should read "Post-Judaic" God. It's actually a more fitting term with the advent of positive christianity (imo Paul's real goal).

A better discussion.

A man, forgot where, somewhere in Central America. Changed his name to J Posadas Lead a communist movement to nuke the planet. Why do such a terrible thing?

Because the massive amount of quanta being disrupted would be more effective than radio signals sent to space, thereby ensuring future civilizations are promised with extraterrestrial contact, from those civilizations advanced enough to tell.

How long depends. But the point is, the alien brotherhood

Posadism

Why refuse to follow religious commandments but insist on following secular laws? Fear of punishment? Fear of violence?

I never said:
>therefore I can disregard laws I dont like if Gods law is different

However, Slavoj Zizek said:

abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/04/17/3478816.htm
>it is for those who refer to "god" in a brutally direct way, perceiving themselves as instruments of his will, that everything is permitted.

Religious people often believe that God is on their side, which helps them rationalize their actions. They often believe that if it happened, it must have been God's will.

Muslims do whatever they want because they think God is on their side. Inshallah. If God wills it.

And Muslims tend to support Sharia law, and Sharia courts.

And in countries infected by atheism, and increasing secularism, like in Europe, Muslims come in, and bring their culture.

Atheism cannot stop Islam, even though Sam Harris criticizes it.

Atheism creates a vacuum for Islam to spread.

Atheists spent so much time demonizing Christianity, without realizing that Christianity was a bulwark against Islam (where people have considerably less freedoms).

>No it's not. Atheism is the lack of theism.

>theism literally means belief in god

Atheists themselves said atheism is lack of belief in God, because they realized that saying "there is no God" isn't really defensible.

It is a lack of belief, in God. Which is why rocks are atheist, mosquitoes are atheist, dogs are atheist, sharks are atheist, every microbe is atheist, everything in the universe except theists (only humans as far as e know) is atheist.

>You are just generally unintelligent

No. But look into the Dunning-Kruger effect. Dumb people are too dumb to realize how dumb they are.

It IS an answer. You asked for the sources. That's 5.

>But who fucking cares if they have more children?

It means religous people outnumber atheists. Plus there's the whole evolution thing, which atheists jizz over.

>Why is that a counter to the obvious fact that religion is declining?

Declining how? As in number of adherents worldwide? Atheists are massively outnumbered.

>Are you actually trying to convince me that the only way we can have successful or stable birth rates, is through religious people boning?

I don't have to convince anyone. That's what's happening in the real world.

>German Birthrate Hits 33-Year High, Boosted by Migrant Babies

>Atheism cannot stop Islam, even though Sam Harris criticizes it.

So in a sense, your saying Christianity is necessary to fight Islam. Or in other words, Christianity's life blood is rooted in Islam's existence. So if you're a Christian, we need Islam then.

Great job faggot. But here's the real facts. Secularism is a virus that's slowly killing the Islamic world. It does a much better job than Christianity because it invalidates the source altogether instead of coddling god's possible existence.

Homosexuality is attraction to the same sex. Pedophilia is an attraction based on age, towards humans who haven't gone through puberty.

Among humans, some humans are homosexuals.

Among homosexuals, some homosexuals are pedophiles. Meaning, not only are they attracted to the same sex, but also they are attracted to prebuscent children of the same sex.

Are you retarded?

Left-handed people are a subset of people. Right-handed people are a subset of people. Would you like me to go on?

In some areas of the world, being gay is a crime. Even punishable by death. And those migrants are coming into Europe, which has been decimated by atheism and secularism.

And I never said consensual homosexual sex is on the same level as child sexual abuse.

Nowhere did I "blame the gays" (although male Catholic priests who abuse boys are homosexual). The LGBT mafia blamed Catholicism, when it was really homosexuals. Catholicism just provided a venue, a space, a system of authority for the abuse to occur.

Not really.

The simple fact is that extramarital sex is morally wrong. Extramarital sex includes: all rape (except marital rape), affairs, cheating, bastard children born to single mothers, sex trafficking, child molestation, child sex abuse, child sex trafficking, prostitution, hardcore porn, the contraction of most STDs, even most abortions. People who defend extramarital sex are defending all of the above.

People who insist that extramarital sex is morally just, that it doesn't matter what consenting adults do in private, are forgetting a few things.

When an adult married man cheats on his wife with another adult woman, the two people having an affair, extramarital sex, are both consenting adults. Yet if it's done in secret, his wife has not consented to that sex outside of marriage. Similarly, if two adults who are dating, if they are in a serious relationship, and one of them cheats, the two cheaters are both consenting adults, yet the person cheated on is not consenting.

Liberals love to say that there's nothing wrong with consenting adults having sex outside marriage. And yet even consensual sex between adults can turn into rape. It's not as if a female gives verbal consent or written consent before every single thing a man does to her.

>Your study doesnt say there is a direct cause and effect relationship between autism and atheism, you illiterate retard.

Is English your first language?

Do you know what predicted means?

It means people on the autism spectrum are less likely to believe in God, aka more likely to be athiest.

It doesn't say all autists are atheists. It says being an autist makes you more likely to be an atheist. And also that being a man makes you more likely to be an atheist.

And it's due to autists having deficits when it comes to mentalizing, which is also why autists often have a deficit of empathy.

Sure.

Because the rules to be eligible to be President are: be at least 35, be a resident within the United States for 14 years, and be a natural born Citizen.

So nobody running for President should be offended if someone asks if they meet that criteria.

Um, it's women and faggots and liberals and progressives that typically insult traditional conservative values as "archaic."

>he thinks oh noes came from buzzfeed

Protip: There are cannibals living today.

You're a fucking idiot if you think every culture is equal.

What values are "universal" to all human societies? Name them.

So when Muslims rape women (since it's not a crime in Islam), you think they're not better or worse than any other culture?

How "tolerant" of you.

No. The claim is where is the actual paper birth certificate.

And why are you believing in its existence, sight unseen?

Hmm, seems a little like religous faith.

>You are really hung up on this digital shit.

Digital shit can be faked. It's pixels.

>Its not that there is just a digital copy, news outlets have been given physical copies, the evidence has been corroborated by third-parties even the state of Hawaii confirmed its legitimacy. The evidence is overwhelming that it is REAL, I dont base my belief that it is legit just on a single digital picture.

So other people say it exists. Is that your standard of proof?

>Considering the complexity and enormity of evidence that would be 100 percent sufficient to prove it exists, no. One singular picture does not do that.

What would that "enormity" of evience look like?

Suppose other people say it exists. Oh, that's not good enough anymore? You want to personally see something more concrete?

>HURR DURR NOBODY CAN HAVE DISCUSSIONS BECAUSE OP IS A TROLL

This is a real discussion thread.

>Scientists who study religion have come to agree that belief in God (or gods) relies on everyday social cognition: our ability—and propensity—to think about minds. (See chapters 6 and 7 of my book The 7 Laws of Magical Thinking.) Which means if you are autistic, and unable to “mentalize,” you would be an atheist. New research published today in PLoS ONE provides fresh evidence for this claim.

See the hyperlink at "New research"
plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0036880

Do try to keep up.

>he thinks highlighting a direct quote from a source to point people to the information in that source is cherrypicking

Well, in a godless universe, there are only genes, and how far they spread.

If educated people have lower birth rates, aren't they failing to propagate their genes, which is the only reason they exist in a godless universe?

No. The point is that a moral code which points to a higher power for justification, carries more weight than a moral code which points to a bald claim of authority.

If there is no God, one could consider they are both bald claims of authority. Which means essentially that people say others should do something..because they say so. Words are viewed as authoritative.

In fact, language may have been invented in order to command others what to do (certainly at a distance).

>Extramarital sex includes: all rape (except marital rape), affairs, cheating, bastard children born to single mothers, sex trafficking, child molestation, child sex abuse, child sex trafficking, prostitution, hardcore porn, the contraction of most STDs, even most abortions
This is absolutely retarded...youve gone full autism here

Why dont you mention two consenting single adults having sex?
Im sure you are gonna tell me whats that wrong too?

Christianity is a bulwark against Islam. Decimating Christianity opens the door to Islam.

Feminism can destroy the Islamic world. But Islam gives fuck all about feminism.

Giving women the right to vote in Arab countries can destroy the Islamic world, much like it's destroyed the West. But once female voters have destroyed the world with their liberal voting for a welfare state, what is left of the planet?

And it's much easier for a Muslim to convert to Christianity than go from Muslim to atheist. Even the Koran speaks of Jesus.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
>In Islam, Isa ibn Maryam, or Jesus (b. ~4 AD), is understood to be the penultimate prophet and messenger of Allah (God) and al-Masih, the Arabic term for Messiah,[1][2] the "Christ",[3] sent to guide the Children of Israel (bani isra'il in Arabic) with a new revelation: al-Injil (Arabic for "the Gospel").[4] Jesus is believed to be a prophet,[3]

It's all true. All of that is sexual activity outside marriage.

>Among humans, some humans are homosexuals.
>Among homosexuals, some homosexuals are pedophiles.
Let me make an equally retarded comparison:
-among vegans some are homosexual
-among some homosexuals some are carnies
-some vegans who are homosexual are also carnies

See? Its fucking stupid what you are doing. A pedophile is not related toca homosexual because attraction to a child is not the same sexual predisposition as being attracted to adults of the same sex.

Its disingenuous...

It is wrong.

I'll give some examples of how consenting adults having sex outside marriage is wrong.

Suppose two consenting adults have sex outside marriage, and one gives the other an STI. That physically endangers the health of the victim.

Suppose two consenting adults fuck each other, but one is cheating on their significant other. That can traumatize the significant other.

Extramarital sex is simply indefensible.

user, the simple fact is that pedophilia is not a subset of homosexuality and it is uneducated of you and disingenuous to clump them together.

Idk why you keep comparing them. Its like you live in a conpletely different world

You live in quite a strange fictionalized world....

You telling me about Dunning Kruger is the definition of irony, kiddo.

>women having the right to vote
>has destroyed the Western world

WEW, mate

No, none of what you said is true. Holy shit. Rape and child molestation are not extramarital sex acts...they are crimes. Do you know what the definition of extramarital entails or even means? Rape is not extramarital sex....jesus fuck you are some other level of autistic

>two consenting single adults having sex
>is wrong on the off chance one of them gets an STI
>somehow it is then indefensible

You also keep bringing it back to cheating, but if two single consenting adults, who dont have any transmittable diseases, have sex with each other because they want to...thats still wrong?

Sex only becomes "right" when you meet some arbitrary standard of being married, which only really exists as a legal contract between people....so you can only have ANY sex only when you have gotten a marriagr license?

None of this makes any real sense.

There is no "victim" in consentual sex you fucking cyclone of autism.

Does this make sense to you really? In your head?