Oh yes, Harry...

Oh yes, Harry, just give me a second to attempt to assassinate you in broad daylight 10 feet away from Dumbledore's office in the middle of Hogwarts using a forbidden spell that would not only clearly blow my cover as a member of an evil cult but also piss of Voldemort who has said multiple times he must be the one to kill you....and all because you used a loophole to free my undoubtedly easily-replaceable house elf slave.

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.sdfi.edu.cn/netclass/jiaoan/englit/download/Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.pdf
segmente.ro/DEV/2016.05.09_DEV_net.work_proiecte_finale/MOIS_Florina/hp2.pdf
218.92.44.21:8088/book/book76/2009893675899.pdf
d2.d.yun.hjfile.cn/files/201405/沪江育儿网_J.K._Rowling_-_HP_4_-_Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire_20140530113342972_570.pdf?_upd=true
english4success.ru/Upload/books/1418.pdf
d2.d.yun.hjfile.cn/files/201405/沪江育儿网_J.K._Rowling_-_HP_6_-_Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince_20140530113504270_802.pdf?_upd=true
heraldscotland.com/news/1177186.print/)
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Stretching_Jinx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Arrogant faggot losing his temper
Nothing wrong with that.

It's for children. Get over it or go write your own fantasy series.

who's he?

He was a good friend.

Sounds about right for one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>at least the books were good though right?
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

fuck you nerd!

You really done it naow arrey

>my undoubtedly easily-replaceable house elf slave.

I'm not so sure about that. Given how obscenely powerful house elves are, how they seemed to be tied to the same family for life, and how there aren't any free ones running around, I get the idea that they're very expensive. Also, the Malfoys never managed to find a replacement for Dobby, despite having 4 years to do it and being one of the richest families in the country.

favorite pasta

This line was ad libbed. He's mumbling but it sounds like a killing curse. Your autism is astounding

Why are all villains blonde and blue-eyed?

Oh come on, you can figure it out

They're Russian?

He lost his temper in that situation and Rowling hadn't invented the unforgivable curses when she wrote that so he actually wasn't casting the killing curse anyway.

Hmm alright lemme think.

>near Dumbledores office
Okay I agree this is retarded
>Making Voldemort mad
I think most Death Eaters at that point were convinced that he was dead and wasn't coming back, as elaborated in the fourth book
>forbidden spell in Hogwarts
Probable that a guy with so many political connections could easily get away with some well placed bribes
>House elf gone
It was more of a matter of pride for Lucius, imho.

Why do Cred Forums shitposters ask loaded questions with objectively false premises and then respond to them as though the premise isn't objectively false? Why is it usually done in the pushing of a comically pathetic persecution complex narrative? This is what people mean when they say that you're literally just SJWs of the right. Back to your obese mentally-deficient neckbeard board.

>Why do shitposters shitpost?

Lotta projection and canned buzzwords for a hired CTR shill

The actor just didn't know any other spells, so he improvised the line. You autist.

>Probable that a guy with so many political connections could easily get away with some well placed bribes
>he could bribe his way out of murdering a child in the middle of a school in broad daylight in a society that can detect exactly who is casting which spell where and when

Well, we're talking about a series that has truth serum available but still has courtroom trials so anything's possible :^)

the ministry is supposed to be inept, they are sort of brazilian, they are batshit wizards

it really doesnt matter though because
it was improvised by Issacs

If it was improvised then why is it exactly the same as something that had not been written yet?

Malfoy's dad litetally got away by being a well known death eater by bribing people, so I wouldn't write it off.

Because Avada kedavra is based on abra cadabra. and Issacs libbed it off mumbling something akin to exactly that. Basically a huge coincidence

>murdering children
>"It's for children."
I bet you also believe galactic trade laws are also for children.

Also as far as I remember this wasn't in the book, just that he got pissed and was probably just attempting some generic nonlethal curse. Blame whatever hack director that made the second movie.

issacs ad libbed it, it just so happened to unintentionally sound like the killing curse in retrospect, it wasnt intended to be but since it fits so well it is thought of as a killing curse.

>It was Jason Isaacs's idea to have Lucius Malfoy sport long blond hair, as well as carry a walking stick inside of which he would conceal his wand. The books make no mention of either of these things. Issacs grew attached to the walking stick and at one point tried to walk off with it, though he was caught. (I also read he wanted it to seem like lucuis was bully to draco)

>Lucius Malfoy originally was not supposed to have long hair, however when Jason Isaacs was cast in the role he requested the longer hair so that he could be distinguished from his son Draco. In order to keep the hair from falling in front of his face Issacs had to keep his head tilted back, which further added to the snobbishness of the character as it made him appear as if he was "looking down his nose at everyone".

>Jason Isaacs originally auditioned for Gilderoy Lockhart, but director Chris Columbus asked him to try for Lucius Malfoy too. Isaacs didn't want to because it was too similar to his role as Captain Hook but was too polite to say no. When he was offered the part, Isaacs almost turned it down, but family members convinced him to do it.

>Hugh Grant was originally cast as Gilderoy Lockhart but was forced to withdraw at the last moment because of scheduling conflicts.

>The reason Lucius Malfoy tried to outright murder Harry after he freed Dobby in Chamber of Secrets was because Jason Isaacs ad-libbed the first curse that popped into mind, and it happened to be the Killing Curse. He had only read the fourth book and that was the only spell he could remember.

wait.

Since harry was a horcrux doesn't that mean the only things that could have killed him were things like the basalisk fang, griff sword and voldemort?

Doesn't that mean that all the previous perils he went through actually wouldn't have killed him?

If Worm tail was Ron's rat the whole time doesn't that mean when his brothers looked at the Marauders 's map they saw the name Peter Pettigrew right next to their brother in his bedroom every night?

Yep. Its actually canon in the games. In Philosophers Stone for the PS1 it doesnt matter how deadly a death you die you end up in a hospital bed getting chastised by a nurse.

They just figured he was gay.

Why on earth would a teacher give a student something as powerful as a time-turner, just so she could get to class on time?

What does that even mean?

Didn't the crown melt from the fiendfyre? Horcrux durability seems pretty wishy washy, and I don't think Harry applied to normal rules since he wasn't an object.

That his brothers assumed Ron was gay for having a man in his bed eveyr night. Fucking think about it you stupid fucking cunt.

>fang fucks harry up
>phoenix stops him from dying
WHY DIDN'T VOLDEMORT KEEP A PHOENIX WITH HIM

shit thought you replied to this just a mistake you fucking horrible cretin

:^)

I don't think you understand.

when voldemort uses harrys blood to come back in the graveyard he unintentionally doubles his mothers spell, so from goblet after only harry could not technically die from voldemort until voldemort was already dead himself

>Hugh Grant was originally cast as Gilderoy Lockhart but was forced to withdraw at the last moment because of scheduling conflicts.

Aw man.

So you can rape Hermione and then turn back the time.

I know this is pasta but everytime i see Great Gatsby as God tier it triggers me

House elves really seem to be the most powerful magical beings in HP. Can apparate through anti-apparition enchantments without wands and shit.

They should have just given a few elves wands and had them kill voldemort.

I'm starting to notice that the series has a lot of plot holes

fuck hugh grant. brannagh was great

because you're a pleb

you really dont get british self deprecation or british type humor do you?

like chill out nigga, plus she deserved it prettymuch desu

Wizards are cunts and implemented a wand ban on any creature carrying a wand.

Oh the time turner
Just mentioning that thing reminds me if the current 'sequel' play.
Thought the books/films had plot issues? This, wow.

Are you implying Great Gatsby is god tier? The prose is great but the characters are cardboard as fuck apart from Jay.

gay With a middle aged man from the age of 11, who had died quite famously, in a room with 4 other sleeping boys of the same age. You'd think they'd at least check he knew what he was doing.

It's not like you wrote it in proper english anyway.

Definitely, but Hugh Grant is the archetypical embodiment of the Gilderoy character.

The chart is plebshit made in the most rotten bowels of /lit/ to bait other boards into reading mediocre literature, realize it's shit, and stop bothering us in the secret clubhouse.

apparently jude law was considered too

I first wanted to complain about Gatsby being in God tier, but then I saw Atlas fucking Shrugged in there.

Reminder Krum was a liquid luck cheat.

It's a meme you dip.

its not a meme its literal autism

Literal autists can barely communicate and you think they can comprehend the principles of objectivism.

they are autistically doing to shitpost because ebin

>not a single muggleborn student even thought about bringing a gun to school

> the principles of objectivism
Rand's whole position was "I'm a sociopath who enjoys watching people suffer and I want to get rich". Quite easy to figure out, actually.

>Britain
>Guns

The books are set before Dunblane so they were more readily available.

The thing that makes the Harry Potter series not worth a read is the fact that conservation of mass and energy is violated on a regular basis in its world, makes it hard to wrap your head around.

Hes saying the entire chart is a meme. An autist couldnt comprehend putting things in respective tiers aka objectivism

>to free my undoubtedly easily-replaceable house elf slave.
You're not a man are you. Pussy.

Ok. I've watched the damn scene 3 times and malfoy didn't even say anything. He just made a raspy 2 syllable noise. If anything, it sounds as if he was clearing his throat.

he mad

I just saw it in IMAX last night in a marthon to celibrate the new movie

He literally says "Avada" very clearly

I was more confused by the rules for magic. It apparently cannot create food, but accidentally creating a live bull is fair game. There exists apparition, and yet people bother with shit like broomsticks and magic buses. A spell's power depends entirely on how it's performed, and yet there exist power tiers which don't seem to ever fucking matter. Telepathy, along many other extremely useful tricks, exists and anyone can learn it, but nobody ever tries to. Time travel, at least going back a few hours, is trivially easy, but nobody ever uses it in any kind of emergency. And what bugged me the most was that the most dangerous spell was essentially a blaster shot. It's unblockable, but that's it, one can easily dodge it, as good characters repeatedly do. And that's in a world where a mediocre wizard blew up a bloody lane, killing more than a dozen, while not even holding his wand up properly.

user, Dumbledore wouldn't even care. He doesn't take security very seriously. I mean his school got invaded by death eaters 2 times, a magic snake ran loose and was stopped by a couple of second graders and a thing that could revive magic Hitler was hidden behind security measures that were bypassed by first graders. All that in a span of 5 years.

Yeah it makes no sense. 10 year old me didn't realize that though.

hes literally mumbling it,
>keep the hair from falling in front of his face Issacs had to keep his head tilted back, which further added to the snobbishness of the character as it made him appear as if he was "looking down his nose at everyone".
>>Jason Isaacs originally auditioned for Gilderoy Lockhart, but director Chris Columbus asked him to try for Lucius Malfoy too. Isaacs didn't want to because it was too similar to his role as Captain Hook but was too polite to say no. When he was offered the part, Isaacs almost turned it down, but family members convinced him to do it.
>>Hugh

I liked the deleted scene where it explains that Hufflepoof students can learn the Avada Kedabra spell to kill themselves and release their parents from the embarrassment.

the whole "giving house elves clothes frees them" thing doesn't make sense to me. Why would you want a slave who you can't have do the laundry?

>. Time travel, at least going back a few hours, is trivially easy, but nobody ever uses it in any kind of emergency.
congrats you didnt grasp the basic fact that they change absolutely nothing buckbeak doesnt die.

you also dont seem to get the british nature of being tongue and cheeky, its not supposed to be all perfect

>tongue and cheeky
Please say you're fucking with me.

>Atlas Shrugged isn't God tier
Get out

Because children can't understand violence right

Its the equivalent of a neo Nazi letting slip an antisemitic remark in a public setting

The strong nuclear force is more than enough to explain the magic energy to wand mass ratio

you are a raging autist

The fact that Hogwarts allowed Slytherin House to continue to exist even though its common knowledge its founder tried to kill all muggle borns, and the defining common trait of 99% of members was their hatred for muggle borns. Along with the fact that many of its members would go on to lead well known campaigns to kill muggle borns is mind blowing.

Don't know how the entirety of Cred Forums can fill in on the Hufflepuff quota

Slytherin is the wizard equivalent of all-nigger/all-muslim classes.

the part about stephen king is right. stephen king is shit

>the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times
has anyone confirmed how many times the phrase appears in the books?

yeah, we still let mudslimes into our countries, so it's not too far-fetched

Hogwarts basically created and perpetuated environment in which racism and bigotry could be fostered and reinforced in children's minds for generations, yet they still act so shocked that these Dark Wizards keep popping up and trying to kill all the mudbloods.

How does a wizard become wealthy?

you would have to buy digital copies of each book and do a CTRL+F for the phrase. I'm sure someone will do it, but it's not really important enough to me to buy all those books just to fact check a copy-pasta.

If someone torrents the epubs and ctrl+fs the phrase and acceptable alternatives, then the sum of all matches from all the books will confirm or reject the hypothesis

Hivemind

found a pdf of the first book after a google search. it only appears once in that book... which is on page 2

www2.sdfi.edu.cn/netclass/jiaoan/englit/download/Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.pdf

/lit/ did it and yes its variations of "stretched his legs"

Thank kek for autism

The worst part of this is the ordering of the middle tier to high tier. What kind of fucking retard thinks that The Great Gatsby and Don Quixote, books I read when I was 12, come anywhere close to The Trial or Ulysses?

That got me thinking, if Hermione kept going back in time multiple times in a day to follow all her classes, how much older than the other two kids did she get in a year? She must've been like 20 by the end of the series just because of that.

Only once in Chamber of Secrets as well, but "stretched out his hand" appears a few times, and the owl "stretches its wings" I think the word "stretch" appears 18 times in the book total.

segmente.ro/DEV/2016.05.09_DEV_net.work_proiecte_finale/MOIS_Florina/hp2.pdf

the phrase doesn't appear at all in the 3rd book, however "stretched out his arm" "stretched out wings" appears multiple times. The word "stretch" or variations of it appears 21 times in the book

218.92.44.21:8088/book/book76/2009893675899.pdf

Doing God's work user...

grapes of wrath that low

Okay, here we go... a version of "stetched his legs" appears 3 times in the 4th book. The word "stetch" appears 42 times. The phrase "stretched out his hands" is much more common, as well as "he got up, stretched..."

d2.d.yun.hjfile.cn/files/201405/沪江育儿网_J.K._Rowling_-_HP_4_-_Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire_20140530113342972_570.pdf?_upd=true

It appears twice in the 5th books. Once again "Stretched out his arms/hands" is much more commonplace along with "stretched and yawned."

The word "Stretch" appears 53 times.

english4success.ru/Upload/books/1418.pdf

Can we appreciate for a moment how much of a waste of potential Harry Potter really was?

The phrase appears only once in book 6. Again "stretched out his arms" is much more common...
The word "Stretch" appears 30 times.

d2.d.yun.hjfile.cn/files/201405/沪江育儿网_J.K._Rowling_-_HP_6_-_Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince_20140530113504270_802.pdf?_upd=true

she literally worse than grrm and king
fucking labor scum

Two of these are literally talking about stretching your legs. Not going for a walk.

There are no variations of the phrase "stretched his legs" in the 7th book. The word "stretch" appears 38 times. This means that in all 7 Harry Potter books combined the phrase only appears a total of 8 times.

The author of the article from which the copypasta is derived (Harry Potter and the Money Making Machine: heraldscotland.com/news/1177186.print/) would have had a much more valid criticism if he pointed out the number of times the phrase "stretched out his had/wand" or "he yawned, streched" was used instead.

>stretching a wooden leg

how do you do that?

magic

In a way I'm dissapointed Rowling isn't as much of a hack as the pasta claims

NO

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

I DEMAND LOGICAL AND REASONABLE ANSWER!

FUCK YOU

EVERY TIME I ASK ABOUT SOMETHING IN HARRY POTTER, PEOPLE JUST SAY """MAGIC"""

thats because you don't know a thing about books.

the links provided above are concrete proof that she is an utter hack on the same level and stevo king.

>first two films
>comfy as fuck, colorful, plenty of practical creatures and effects, many atmospheric places that feel dirty and alive
>so many fresh concepts that capture the imagination of the viewer and elaborate the world

>third film
>visceral, visually tactile, intensely atmospheric, haunting, still a few practical effects, huge step up for acting

>Fourth film
>still a few fresh ideas, mostly visually dull, angst, don't deliver on the coolest concept ever (wizard tournament), ugly CGI for almost everything

>The rest
>Ugly and muted as sin, intense use of CGI for everything, practical pieces almost non existent
>maximum angst, shitty romance that meanders and goes resolves out of the blue
>almost no clever ideas, it's all just generic revenge story now
>Intense asspulls in the last one as well as forced conflict
>no fun allowed

yes I probably do have autism, but the pasta gets posted here every day so its time someone got to the bottom of it.

There's literally a spell for stretching things though

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Stretching_Jinx

I haven't read the books/watched the films in ages, and don't know what part of the book that was, but wasn't Moody not actually Moody for most of the year, maybe that was actually foreshadowing the reveal?

>Film 7
>Not comfy as fuck camping trip

>>The rest
Well yeah
They were directed by a career director and not a real one(the same can be said for the first two)

I agree, while not much happened in the 7th film plot wise it had some amazing cinematography with several very beautiful landscape shots of various locations.

7 was the best one since 4, but it was severely brought down by part 2 and the visual style of it all

The first two were handled extremely well, ESPECIALLY the original

If you were so good at reading you would know the comment refers to the degree of her hackiness not whether or not she is a hack, the latter fact being something you can take as a given

Sure but Chris Columbus much like David Yates and J.J. Abrams is a studio puppet. The only difference is that Yates hasn't proven how terrible he is at writing.

You could literally reply to your post with the same exact thing because "if you were so good at reading," you would realize that his post also refers to the degree of which Rowling is a hack.
>on the same level and stevo king.

This isn't a comment on the different directors and integrity, it was purely a statement on how Harry Potter failed to meet the potential.

One phrase she constantly overuses is "it was the blankest that Harry ever felt/it was the best day of his life/etc"
Makes me mad every time

great pepe, saved

Literally a goddess

my dad always says he wants to see a separate story take place during chamber of secrets where two muggles sneak into Hogwarts and bullshit their way through classes using technology and science or some shit. You would have everyone running around scared of a basilisk and the camera would just pan to these two guys who are always near the action just wondering what he fuck is going on and continue going about their business.

i thought because he had tainted his body by killing unicorns and using his blood to extend his life?

No you idiot she's cranky in the book and film becsuse she's aged approx 2-3 months extra. Her legal birthday is a few months ahead of schedule

>posting this in the other thread too
>thinking your opinion is law
7 is great and I liled 6. You descrived 7 as well with 3

The visual style was great and it allowed the series to beathe. It was also very faithful to the book. Just saw part 1 in IMAX it looked great. In my top 3. Very good acting and directing.

Disagreed the books especially 5-7 sucked. The trio was shitty in the books. Bc rowling can't write

Yates has more going on in HBP than all of Columbus' and JJs combined

>thread about HP meme literally turns into a Cred Forums thread

wat

very good, user, very good.

HOWEVER

>I think most Death Eaters at that point were convinced that he was dead and wasn't coming back, as elaborated in the fourth book
What? No, the whole world knew he existed in at least some form after the 1st book.

>Probable that a guy with so many political connections could easily get away with some well placed bribes
I don't think a bribe could get you out of murdering a minor, who always happens to be DaChosenOne and Dumbledore's pet.

Harry potter and sjw are the two things that trigger Cred Forums the most

>his brothers would be A-OK with their 10 year old brother sleeping with a boy

Surprisingly liberal

>Telepathy, along many other extremely useful tricks, exists and anyone can learn it, but nobody ever tries to
Since the 3 wizards we know of that can use telepathy rank in the top 10 it's safe to say it's not the easiest skill

Its the same 300 pages three times. It would be better if it was much shorter maybe not god tier but still its just way too long and groans on (and objectivism is retarded but that is not why the book suck)

gas the muggles wizard war now