So this finally pre released at 3am last night. It is giving me such high hopes for the show...

So this finally pre released at 3am last night. It is giving me such high hopes for the show. It's taking me right back to those comfy Northwest feelings that Twin Peaks gives me when I watch it. I'm listening to the audiobook read by the cast and it's giving me goosebumps from how much it's like being right back in the show. What I can glean from the beginning of the book from the Gordon Cole documents the new series is going to take place during September of 2016 through right now and possibly later. Police working in that area find a large dossier at a horrific crime scene that some mysterious person or persons has been keeping that somehow relates to the events of 1991, the disappearance of Agent Cooper, and Twin Peaks itself. It gets sent to Gordon who starts looking into it and then brings in new agents he trusts to investigate it's origins and Twin Peaks. Lots of the stuff in the documents is redacted so you can't get the full picture just yet, which is just like the original series again. I'm hype as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/tv/twin-peaks/news/a783828/want-to-catch-up-on-twin-peaks-a-cinema-is-screening-a-full-series-marathon/
youtube.com/watch?v=C8c0LIYWyaM
welcometotwinpeaks.com/shop/the-secret-history-of-twin-peaks-audiobook-free/
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/communism-george-w-bush-joseph-stalin-survey-millennials-younger-generation-death-killed-a7366131.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just watched episode 10 of season 2. People say it loses quality over the next episodes so I don't know if I should continue. Other than that, the show was great.

The quality definitely drops, scenes with picture related will make you want to shoot yourself, but it's still pretty good.

Lets put it this way, the second half of season two of Twin Peaks might be a drop off in quality but it's still better than anything you're gonna see on TV today.

*Almost anything

I shouldn't go as far as to say everything is worse. There's some really shitty moments in season two.

I think I'll continue for the characters since I feel that they are what made the show great. Plus, I also want to know what those spirits are and where the came from.

Don't expect too many definitive answers. This is Lynch we're talking about remember.

Not sure how the third season is going to make since some important characters are missing. I think this is going to be X-files all over again.

Watch it for the finale

As far as I'm concerned, the only truly important characters are Laura and Cooper.
Who are you even referring to? Harry?

>doubting Based Lynch

Leave.

Michael Horse accidentally leaked that Harry is at least making a cameo and it was deleted off Twitter fast as fuck. The owls are not what they seem.

>Twin Peaks
I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 episodes it was so painful.

>Ayy le quirky FBI agent lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

REE I WANT TO REWATCH THIS FOR THE SEVENTH TIME BUT I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD WAIT UNTIL IT GOT CLOSER TO THE NEW SERIES REE

Fuck it I'm watching it again.

Teehee copypasta meems.

Anyway, rate my bedspread.

Really? Haven't seen a word of it anywhere. Unless mentions of it were deleted from everywhere and I missed it.
It is, of course, a possibility, since we know that Robert Forster is not playing Harry.

Harry was the first to come to mind but there are other characters too li. Some of them aren't really important but a twin peaks without them is going to be a bit tough I think, since they still were part of that family. But a Cooper without harry seems a bit sad.

Yeah, it got deleted pretty fast and I haven't seen the article. It just seems like a Lynch thing to do, say he's not gonna be in it and the actor says he isn't only for him to make a short weird cameo in the lodge or something.

it does get pretty shitty so don't be afraid to drop it, but if you do, remember to watch the finale (and maybe the episode before it for context) and the movie. the finale is basically lynch coming back after not being involved for a while, tossing most of the shitty script into the garbage and improvising his own weird thing. comparing the script for the finale with what he actually filmed is a great example of why this show owns when lynch's around and how it degenerates when he's away.

and the movie fucking rules. i know some show fans complain about the darker tone but it's lynch basically restating and clarifying what the show was actually about in a really intense way. the finale and the movie really wash away the bad taste after the awful second half of season two.

Will do, thanks.

Come on, it's not THAT hard to trudge through those episodes. They do get pretty cringeworthy at times but you can just watch them while eating or whatever. There are some good scenes and interesting bits of lore hidden in there, they're not altogether shit.

I'm getting my copy signed on Thursday. Should be fun. There's lots of weird shit in this thing too. It sucks that the guy who played Major Briggs is dead because it seems like he would have had a lot of cool parts in the new season.

Also The Major's Dream is best scene.

Do you guys think there will be a Cooper and Audrey romance scene?

>tfw you realize the Log Lady's name was Catherine Coulson

wew lad maybe just a little nod to her passing

I think Coop is gonna kill her and that's when we'll know he's full evil Coop.

Reminder you can do a trial of Audible for the audio book, 2 month trial w/ groupon where you can get 4 free books. FYI. Just DL'd this book.

>But a Cooper without harry seems a bit sad
You do realize Cooper is going to be the villain right?
Y

Endure the drop in quality. The finale is the best piece of television I've ever seen.

That's what I did too. I got this and Norm's new book. They still get paid and the sales show up and it costs me nothing. Everybody wins other than the Jews.

>The finale is the best piece of television I've ever seen.
I wish people stopped overhyping it like that, sure it's a great episode, but new viewers will inevitably be disappointed with it if they go in having been told it's THE GREATEST THING EVER.

>the second half of season two of Twin Peaks might be a drop off in quality but it's still better than anything you're gonna see on TV today.

i disagree. the entire problem is that it becomes a normal tv show, and normal television was and remains dogshit. the basic premise of the show is to take the sort of shit that happens in soap operas and carefully reassemble it into this corrupted parody, a soap opera where the main character died and nothing makes sense anymore. but after lynch lost interest during season two they just continued it as if it was a normal soap opera, with random tv shit piled thoughtlessly on top of everything (what if cooper had a love interest? what if a dark secret from his past threatened the safety of the love interest? what if the villain left moronic puzzles in his wake?what if he also wore a different disguise each episode, isn't that a fun gimmick?). it's just the wacky daytime soap that your grandma watches but with twin peaks people in it.

>then brings in new agents he trusts to investigate
DIANE CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 3

>it's just the wacky daytime soap that your grandma watches but with twin peaks people in it

I still stand by my opinion for this reason. Maybe I'm secretly an old housewife living in twenty something man's body. Trans-Housewife. Stop oppressing me cis shitlords.

Agreed. I read the Norm book but will have to listen as well.

Reminder that you can squeeze another download out if you threaten to leave, choose 'too expensive' for reason, and take their offer of a freebie. Also can get gifted one book.

>interesting bits of lore hidden in there

actually that's one of the worst parts. the show sure doesn't need secret runes and an ancient ruin where goofy villains go to find evil powers. it's not a fucking video game.

I think it's going to be Laura Dern playing Diane. Naomi Watts is the new FBI Agent.

Well these aren't really what I'm referring to, I agree that they were horrible.

then just be true to yourself and watch real daytime soaps! there's so many episodes and the lore is unbelievable

oh shit thanks for the info

>That fucking castlist

Holy shit, this is gonna be nuts.

>Michael Bisping

We /heempeaks/ now.

Every time.

>18 new episodes
>The show was originally in it's peak for the first 18 episodes then dropped in quality

Perfect.

Too bad Hawk had to go and ruin it.

Any bongs going to this? If they do it here I'm going. Gonna have to get a couple 8 balls of coke to sit through the whole thing but it will be worth it.

digitalspy.com/tv/twin-peaks/news/a783828/want-to-catch-up-on-twin-peaks-a-cinema-is-screening-a-full-series-marathon/

Nevermind, I read the date wrong and it already happened. Maybe they'll do it again.

i really hope the new show will be really upsetting and alienating to people. even when the premise is shit like "child trapped in hellish dimension" or "nazis conquered the world" or "a violent murderer gets away with it" modern tv is unbelievably coddling and pleasant to the viewer. they don't show anything scary or unsettling anymore, they just show you something safe and predictable but have a character react to it with shock, so the viewer is only scared vicariously. it's the same mechanism as a laugh track.

i hope based lynch can deliver. i want the reviews after the first episode to be angry and confused. i want all the moronic critics to try to apply their shit tv tropes "analysis" to it and give up in total bewilderment. i want to wake up the next day and see articles like "is twin peaks another true detective season 2?" and "has david lynch gone insane?" and "why i had to stop watching the twin peaks premiere"

>Pete played checkers, not chess.
What the fuck did Mark Frost mean by this?

>Naomi Watts is the new FBI Agent.
Is Laura Harring going to appear?

What are you going on about? Why would you want that? Twin Peaks was always a show for normies, why would Lynch alienate the fanbase like that?

She's not on the cast list but she lives on in my spank bank.

I wonder why Lynch doesn't work with her, do they not get along or something?

>mfw Lynch recorded screen tests for David Bowie to appear in Season 3 a couple years ago and due to Bowie's death, Lynch incorporated some footage of the screen test so he gets a cameo.

Please God let this be true

He was preparing to film right before the cancer got worse and he died. That's what the Log Lady, also now dead, said. It's sad.

She's been in a couple things he's done. She's probably just doing other stuff when he actually decides to make something.

he already did with fire walk with me. i want him to continue in that direction.

>why would Lynch alienate the fanbase like that?
Why did he put flashing lights and bizzare animations and images throughout the entire Duran Duran concert that he directed which got the music fans angry?

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN.

I really like his unpredictable style

Maybe. I just found out she's 52... that's impressive.

Why though? Why would you want fans of the series to be alienated?

youtube.com/watch?v=C8c0LIYWyaM

aw shit set footage

>Kyle getting choked up at the end

Fuck. I can't wait.

What do you think James will be like in the new series?

Hopefully nothing like he was in the first one.

>it's almost like no time has passed

i beg to differ

>Why though? Why would you want fans of the series to be alienated?

i don't care about the fans specifically. i want alienating television because i think television is too safe. how is that hard to understand? when i say i want angry articles, that's not the end goal, that would just be a sign that lynch has delivered something that the infantilized critics struggle to parse.

He looks much better than James though. Still handsome as fuck, just 25 years older.

I WANT TWIN PEAKS NOWW REEEEEEEEEE

The guy that played James lost half of his intestines and got all fucked up by accutane. It pretty much ended his career. Maybe how they handle his character this time around will jumpstart his career and he can go back to acting. He was pretty good in A Few Good Men, he held his own with Nicholson and Cruise.

I don't understand. I watched season one episode one and it was awful.
The acting was painful and the plot went nowhere at glacial speed.

Why do you guys like this AIDS show?

Lucy is still a qtp2t

>I watched season one episode one and it was awful.
at least finish all of season 1 damnit!

it gets way more interesting

>WHY YOU LIKE THING I NO LIKE? WHY YOU ENJOY THING? HOW YOU HAVE OPINION THAT NOT MINE? OOGA BOOGA THING MAKE ANGRY!

no it doesn't. the pilot is brilliant and if he doesn't like it he should stop watching asap.

I don't want to sit through another hour of the same thing.

Look I can understand differing tastes, and this may be a case where I shrug and accept that it's not my thing, but I simply don't get the pull.

The acting WAS awful, the pacing WAS bad. Now if there's a context here where this is excused I'd love to know.

I haven't seen any Lynch before. Is it intentional?

Rule 2.

>the show sure doesn't need secret runes and an ancient ruin where goofy villains go to find evil powers

When the payoff to that is his head literally shooting off like a rocket and fire billowing out of his neck, I'd say that kind of shit is acceptable.

Assumingly his acting will have improved. Hopefully they give him something meaningful to do this time around.

>Jim Belushi

What a wild cast.

McLachlan is so based.

underage b&

but user, you are lying. i've seen that pilot twice and the acting was good and the pacing was good.

see how this doesn't get us anywhere? you have to make an actual statement if you want a coherent response, just repeating an adjective won't cut it. what's wrong with the acting? what's wrong with the pacing?

>all these inconsistencies with the original series
Would it really have been so hard to get your DVD boxset out before you started writing Mark?

>we will never know if Leo has escaped from that autistic spider trap

It hurts.

You should give the second episode a try. The pilot was shot as a movie at first because they didn't know if it was going to get picked up by the tv network. The second episode really picks up the pace, it's snappier at only 45 minutes, compared to the pretty heavy 90 minute pilot.

But hey, Lynch's work is pretty divisive, no shame in dropping it if it's not to your taste. I still suggest watching 2-3 episodes more before you make up your mind.

Yes, the acting is, for the most part, intentionally bad. It's Lynch's brand of humor.

even the worst episodes have 10 solid good minutes in them. watch all of it, don't be a faggot and pretend that your time is too valuable to watch anything less than perfect

>mfw I'm still fucking waiting for an amazon gift card to come in the mail I ordered through my bank's rewards program
IT'S BEEN 10 FUCKING DAYS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>The acting was painful and the plot went nowhere
did you actually watch it then?

Watch the episode when they eat the sandwich and then drop it.

last episode redeems it all

Jim Belushi is still alive?

Frost is fucking with us, it's a clue the dossier isn't 100% accurate.
That or he's butthurt about the writing of season 2 and wants to retcon shit for the hell of it

Yo, I started this show a week ago, finished the first season, this show fucking sucks.

Who killed Palmer... I don't care enough to watch more.

He retconned shit from episodes he wrote, like the Ed/Nadine stuff so it doesn't seem like he's correcting guest writers.

Donna. She wanted James for herself.

It's really weird because some of it seems like it could be a mistake on Frost's part, but Pete playing checkers instead of chess is just so fucking specific that I can't help but wonder what the fuck is going on.

Skimmed through it. It doesn't cover the late 90's and 2000's. It focuses heavily on the brother of the mayor who played Megabyte in ReBoot, and Josie's old white husband. There's like maybe a handful of things revealed from the season finale.
Audrey lived because Pete shielded her from the blast
Hank got stabbed by a cousin of the Renault's while in prison

Word. Thought so... The main FBI guy was great but all the over the top drama I couldn't get behind...

The Log Lady.

Hawk narrating the parts about the Native chiefs and all that weird shit with the giant skeletons and stuff is pretty cool. I'm about two hours in.

Hawk is my waifu.

the drama is only really intense for the Pilot, for real

Don't listen to them it was Cooper

I wonder what kind of filming equipment is being used. I don't know how I'd feel about it being in Ultra 8k 3D.

I really hope his character grew up and is a nice upstanding citizen in season 3, it would be amazing if he's like his father.

This. Hawk is the best character. He's like Twin Peaks' Slim Charles. Underused and always the best part of all of his scenes. Both have a badass surprising antagonist kill scene too.

Lynch has used digital since Inland Empire.

According to the spoiler pictures and on set accounts he's a cop now and is going to be the new Harry.

>He's like Twin Peaks' Slim Charles.
Y'ALL NIGGAZ DON'T KNOW WHO ALL Y'ALL TALKIN' 2

This audiobook is terrible. Almost every other sentence has awkward gaps because none of these people seem to be able to read the flow of a sentence.

Let's see some links supporting your claims, homie.

A lot of people speculate that he'll have matured a lot.

Oh, since Inland Empire? He also hasn't made a feature film since Inland Empire.

True, but isn't this the first time he's done a sequel? Plus, the equipment he used for Twin Peaks was dated even for the time.

The fact that it's on Showtime and that Lynch already dealt with the "no we won't give you what you want" shit gives me hopes that it will be somewhere in between the original show and FWWM.

Let's see you lurk more first.

Threadly reminder that the original plan for Season 3 involved Truman driving car backwards in order to time travel to a planet made of creamed corn.

I'm trying to find them, they've been posted here a few times.

I wouldn't call that a plan, it was just some undeveloped ideas being thrown around by Peyton and Engels.

I can't find the damn thing, I thought I had it saved. I know Lynch is pretty mad and having people take down the pics, maybe that's why I can't find it on Google. Here, have an Evil Cooper at a hotel with Jennifer Jason Leigh instead.

I need more Black Lodge in my life. Those scenes were easily my favorite.

Do we know if Seyfried is playing their kid or Bobby and Shelly's kid yet? It would make more sense if it was Coop's kid considering she's supposed to be the new Laura getting fucked with by Bob.

The only thing I know is there are also set pics of Coop, Naomi Watts character, and fucking Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer) walking into the Palmer house. Maybe Sheryl is playing another Palmer relative that looks just like Laura again.

Does it have music? Would be great if it had music too.

It starts out with some atmospheric music and there are little parts where some background stuff can be heard. I didn't notice much yet. I'm at about the two hour mark taking a break to send hate mail to Amazon and shitpost.

forgot about this. just ordered now. I have a boner

where is the torrent for poorfags?

welcometotwinpeaks.com/shop/the-secret-history-of-twin-peaks-audiobook-free/

nice try but im from eastern europe

also I don't have time for a shitty audiobook, I want to read the damn thing and see the pictures

than buy the book cocksucking eurotrash

I'm doing that right now but it's not showing up in my library. Where the fuck is it? I already spent my credit on it. Anyone else have this problem?

>Eastern Yuropean trying to steal our freedomletters

Not on my watch.

You fucked something up.

it's fucking 17 bucks, I make little over 2 for an hour

wow stalin must be a real dick over there. Sorry your economy is a liquid garbage trash heap on fire

well, fuck. I guess I'll wait for a torrent

he really is

I was just laughing with my friends today how you young americans think bush killed more people than stalin

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/communism-george-w-bush-joseph-stalin-survey-millennials-younger-generation-death-killed-a7366131.html

wtf I love Bush now

Always with the Stalin!

That headline is pretty misleading. The sample was also of mostly highschool age kids.

So how much info does the book actually have about what happened after the show ended?

Because it's great
I disagree with both your criticisms
Have a good life onwards

According to the video that was just posted on the official twin peaks youtube, the new season will "take you out of your comfort zone in the best way possible."

Reported for trolling. Welcome to my ignore list.

Audrey/Cooper is still happening, right?

It must.

so is coop going to be a villain the whole season?

why isn't annie going to be in the new twin peaks?

Mark Frost is a talentless hack who ruined the show

Didn't she die in the missing pieces? I hope she's in it, Heather Graham is my waifu.

a lil bit of dis and a lil bit of dat

That's just a word play, in context it means that Pete was a simpler man and not a cold and calculating strategist like Catherine was.
I wonder why he went through the trouble of rewriting the entire backstory for Ed/Nadine/Norma/Hank, the book even mentions Norma's mother dying even though she shows up in the series.
I get the ben horne retcon if they still want to use him as the evil capitalist in s3, and it still fits within the series even if it's really stretched. But changing that didn't really add anything to the novel and yet it goes in so much detail, I can't see the point honestly

Why is it so easy to exploit Audible? I swear I've gotten so many free audiobooks it's ridiculous.