Okay so I went to the filming of The Grand Tour the other day...

Okay so I went to the filming of The Grand Tour the other day, so I have seen a full episode - Half a million people applied and I got a ticket! AMA you want, or don't - Don't post in here much, don't even know if anyone is interested :D

where do you post?

quick synopsis of what happens in the episode

usually in Cred Forums but pretty sure nobody is interested in there...

What filming (i imagine the tent shit) and where did it take place?

hey confuse, shouldnt you be posting frasier threadsfuck boi

The one I went to see was the Second one filled in Whitby (2 eps are shot per location) - 1 hour each I believe... its pretty much the same as Top Gear - Intro bit.. is just the same... "this week on the grand tour" (stupid bits of film) and then they chat, film bit... more chat... film bit... The news is replaced by a bit called "in conversation" - because its not news, because its filmed AGES ago.. they have a new track.. a new "stig" called "The American" (fat american ex nascar driver... ) and theres a star guest bit, which i not going to spoiler..

do you have any proof of the ticket? obviously blocking any personal info.

How many more days until banter kino is released?

they let 12 year olds watch that shit?

the filming was in Whitby (England) as i said, they have big screens so you watch the film bits between the "studio" bits, the tent is really nice, held 400 of us with no problems..

pretty sure i already did this morning

I do not, my mate Jon had a ticket, I had a paper wrist band somewhere, took it off, Will see if i can find it and take a pic..

So it's basically the same structure. But does it have the same feel?

A month. November 18th

here it is, bit messed up - but we all got to wear one of these...

ha! I am not 12... wish i was.. I am oooooold...

It's almost identical, track times are on a screen, they custom build a new track that goes past an old ladies house, and has a forrest with deer coming out, they even had to change where a corner was because of an unexploded bomb...

Did they tell you when's your episode gonna "air"? Also, what was the main car bit in it?

thanks pal. you should use a tripcode so everyone knows your posts.

Is Hammond still whoring out to the camera everytime he makes a shit joke?

They did not, I assume they will air in order, so Two USA ones first - two South Africa ones (they may be in different order, I don't know) then the Two UK ones, then its Holland and Germany - the car they featured was the new Porche, they raced against some new BMW which was apparently terrible.. (I went to the second day of the Whitby shoot, so it will be the second UK one)

Yeah he did that a lot, they were all very funny indeed, James May was quiet at the start (he had a cold) but went on a massive rant later about 50 MPH speed cameras (Average speed ones) on a Motorway near his house...

and from now on I will try the whole Tripcode thing..

Post proof

post your ticket (you can censor your name)

>banter kino

good one. I'm gonna make a thread.

he posted his wristband mate

Thanks for doing this

Is the Guest Star still going around the track in a car or is it just an interview?

I posted my wrist band, is that not enough? As i said I didn't have the ticket, but i have the email from amazon here, I will post a bit of it...

actually this might work better

can you give us initials of celebrity guest? I wanna make some money on a bet

Neither of those things, I won't spoil this bit, Simon Pegg was the guest the day before - Jimmy Carr on a jetski day I was there.. It was spectacular, but you will have to wait and see...

it was Jimmy Carr the day I was there (Bear Grylls was the rumoured guest, he wasn't)

are the film segments you saw there all connected to each other? like the Top Gear Specials?

Yes! the day I went they tried to make a more "Carbon neutral" and "eco friendly" body they put them on a second hand Land rover they had bought.. that was in 3 separate films over the duration of the show (in between the other filmed bits and studio bits)

thanks for the info. Was Jimmy Carr annoying? Did he ruin the car again?

I won't spoiler this bit, but there was no cars involved..

Did Clarkson assault anyone?

When does this shit come out?

No new information at all. We knew all this.

Fake.

What was the "In Conversation" stuff like?

what did they talk about?

Also did they test a car when you were there? Do they a new lap times board?

Ok the Landrovers they build bodies out of - Clarkson made one out of bones and cow skin, May made his out Mud and Hammond made his Landrover body out of a Hedge - there was a hedgehog in it.. it was cute.. did you know that? did you know about the American Ex Nascar bit? did you know the Star in the resonably priced car was replaced with a second called "Brain Crash" ?? No, you did not, this is all new info.. what more do you want??

It was just The News as its always been, but its not news - because its old news, the titles of which have them all sat on bar stools in silhouette, each week one of them does something stupid, the week i saw Hammond open his hand and his fingers are REALLY LONG... like about a foot long..

No he did not, he swore a LOT though (in the non film bits) real Jeremy is like TV Jeremy turned up to 11

>went on a massive rant later about 50 MPH speed cameras (Average speed ones) on a Motorway near his house...
I detest those average speed camera sections of dual carriageways and motorways. Everyone stares at the speedo rather than checking their mirrors so you get a load of cunts wandering out of their lane.

I was there.

>AMA
Get the fuck out

see

So you can vouch for it that I am not lying? Where did the chips come from??

you said they're filming two episodes per location, have you been at the taping of both or just one?

I applied for both, and only got tickets to the second day (Friday)

Did they test a new car in the episode? Do they have a lap times board?

They did, it was the new Porche.. the lap times were on one of the big screens - bot a board (The hand written lap times belong the the BBC and Top gear)

Were the films they showed about the same as on old Top Gear, or did you notice higher production quality?

Just say "yes" if it was any of the following:
Thom Yorke
Boris Johnson
Brendan Frazer
Donald Trump
Amanda Knox

>theres a star guest bit
What a waste of fucking time.

They were virtually identical, You can't really tell that the budget is much bigger from the bits I saw because they were filmed in the UK, However they were in 4k (which top gear was not) - but the music and editing have not changed at all, The Grand Tour is so much like Top Gear its weird, however its quite fresh too, its going to be really good If you are a fan of the old series.. If you're not, theres not much new here for you.. (That said I have no idea how much different the South African and American episodes are - I would assume the "Challenge" bit that I saw which was clearly shot in East Yorkshire will be filmed in the different countries they are in (and themed accordingly))

okay this is a spoiler, the guest stars never make in on the show, they always die on the way to the studio, they did a live stunt where Jimmy Carr "died" on his way to the tent, His jetski hit a boat and blew up in the harbour - they did this stunt live and it was REALLY impressive, everyone thought it was real at first... (this segment is called "brain crash" and there is no celebrity really "in" the episode (they edited Jimmy carr in the ep on the screens we could see) it was very well done...

No, it was Jimmy Carr! I told you...

...wut

What part wasn't I clear on? :D

Ok i guess everyones questions dried up, so I will be off.. unless anyone wants to know anything else?

Thanks for the thread OP. I look forward to a live thread when it airs. Maybe you'll be shown in the audience.

The middle camera was on a swing, I was on the wrong side of it, and behind the crowd in the second half, I hope I am in it, but I really doubt I will be :D

>be
You should've done an obnoxious "WOOO" as the applause was dying down, then you'd be able to point it out as being you.

Me and a buddy used to play a game when in an audience like that. Basically, first to stop clapping loses.

>">be"
Dunno where that came from.

There were 4 mics (I could see) round the tent hanging down over each section of the audience, I presume they would have faded out my mic had I done something like that, I wish I had thought of it!

did they make any references to top gear?

yes they did, but not in any part they filmed (Jeremy once said he could do something, but he couldn't "On the fucking BBC!") but i forget the context...

probably swearing

How racist were the jokes?
What does cum taste like?

the bit about immigrants was fairly racist!

dunno didn't have any... The chips were nice