/who/ - Doctor Who General

Take your medicine edition

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

zoptv.com/live/bbc-one
youtube.com/watch?v=VujXTkjxp0c
bleedingcool.com/2016/10/18/doctor-solicits-january-2017-titan-comics-year-three-begins-twelve/
youtube.com/watch?v=Jti05gpOhu4
dailymotion.com/video/xr3t0r_doctor-who-1963-vf-12x04-la-genese-des-daleks-part-1_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=hV9Sh9-tgaQ
dailymotion.com/video/x17l25k_s07e15-der-tag-des-doktors-teil-2-2_travel
strangenessinspace.com/
copsandmonsters.co.uk/
imdb.com/title/tt4370852/
bleedingcool.com/2016/10/18/doctor-spinoff-class-get-third-episode-shown-early-mcm-london-comic-con-next-saturday/
youtu.be/uwMiD1hm0B4
Cred
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conundrum_(Lyons_novel)
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/788683469094211585
twitter.com/WhoviVortex/status/788464803975168000
twitter.com/Curly_Moffat/status/788575571764731904
reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/580ge3/new_class_promotional_images_released_portraits/?st=iuh7fsd5&sh=aa81cbd6
doctorwhotv.co.uk/class-episode-1-2-advance-review-81312.htm
img09.deviantart.net/d65a/i/2015/278/1/9/a_song_of_ducks_and_mice___scroowin_mcduckister_by_manidiforbice-d9c325i.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Second for the Listen monsters were not real and if you disagree you're wrong

I disagree

How hype is /who/ for Class?

choo choo motherfuckaaaa

Why did Tom have the scar on his lip? Someone said he got bit by a dog? I read on /who/ he had herpes? What's the real story?

It was left ambiguous though.
So you can't say either way.

He was down the pub and some guy's dog bit him - think he whacks his face on the TARDIS console during Season 16 to explain away the scar.

>What's the real story
The dog. At least he maintains it every time he tells it. It's even in his autobiography.
In terms of ambiguousness, Listen posters should join ranks with The Thing posters.

People with better cameras than my potato phone have taken some quite great reaction pic worthy shots at the con

Thanks.

It's Colin time!

Class teaser from Digital Spy.

Episode two features (probably) the first use of the word "dickface" in the Doctor Who universe.

>being this wrong

Honestly I'm afraid of Moffatt going back to this episode and showing if it was real or not. Like the new Blair Witch. And then everyone will love it for being soooo scary! xD

You can see the resemblance to all your other similar pics.

Nah. I don't think he'll mess with Listen.

The Teller return confirmed

Yeah. Because it's the same con. My pics still come out a bit wishy washy and overly bright in some places because potato cam.

Who's blog did you get these from?

I am he and he is me and we are all together. Goo Goo Ga Joob.

Not that I care whether you belive me or not, but tell ya wot. Tomorrow, Don Rosa, famed Scrooge McDuck artist, is going to be signing in Oberhausen, Germany. I am going, and I'll try to get a picture with him, while wearing a shirt with Uncle Scrooge as Tywin Lannister. If I am able to get the picture, I will post it here.

Don't waste your time with him. He's just projecting his miserable life onto others. He's incapable of believing people actually have a life outside of /who/.

I was going to ask if he was the unlikeable admin guy I tried to avoid at the con. But even that guy is more outgoing.

>Rory trying to zoom'n'enhance Amy's itty bitty buns

so this is a bit unrelated to Doctor Who but I feel like it's worth mentioning because god damn it this came out of fucking nowhere

Matt Smith is doing Graham Norton on November 4th to promote the Prince Philip Netflix thing with his co-star Claire Foy

joining them are Ben Affleck, Sir David Attenborough and fucking Sting

what an odd mix

>Eleven
>Feyd Rautha
>Batfleck
>Jurassic Park guy

Sounds good to me! I'm gonna have to find a VPN, but I'm gonna tune in.

I got you covered senpai - this is what I use

zoptv.com/live/bbc-one

also unrelated but sorta related because it's still Moffat

Sherlock aka Doctor Strange is doing Norton next week with Stephen Hawking and Walter White

Great, thanks!
Have some German dub Classic Who from the nineties in return. It's terrible. Also, Planet of the Dead and Revelation fo the Daleks now bowth have the same title in Germany

youtube.com/watch?v=VujXTkjxp0c

shit I forgot Catherine Tate's on this week too

it just doesn't stop

I love the weird guest combinations on Norton.
Occasionally they don't work but usually you get some cool/fun conversations. There was a good episode recently with Ice Cube, Hugh Laurie, and Olivia Coleman

bleedingcool.com/2016/10/18/doctor-solicits-january-2017-titan-comics-year-three-begins-twelve/

This is GOAT. Daleks should always have German accents.

The problem is that they neither have a ring modulator effect nor their classic death ray sound.
VERRRR-NICH-TEN!
ERRR-GEBT EUCH!
VERRRR-NICH-TEN!
ERRR-GEBT-EUCH!

So is Year Three with the new comic companion?

this is what I always thought German Daleks would sound like

That cover says it all.

Davros redub by A Schicklgruber.

I admit it could be worse. In a heavily edited version of The Five Doctors, the one Dalek they had in the mirror cabinet just got chipmunk'd.
The new series, as far as I'm aware of, does it better, but changes "VERNICHTEN" to "ELIMINIEREN". Exterminieren isn't a real word, sadly.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jti05gpOhu4

The Daleks are hilarous.
The Doctor sounds pretty similar all things considered.

Here's the shitty french dub produced in a similar era, they even fuck up the title sequence :
dailymotion.com/video/xr3t0r_doctor-who-1963-vf-12x04-la-genese-des-daleks-part-1_shortfilms

Seen all these before. My favorite is the Japanese version.

>Dokteurre
>WHO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OOOOOOOOOOO

I like Sophie by can anyone think of a Dr Who assistant who's acting career is actually worse than Sophie's?
I don't count people who gave up acting after they left.
I have honestly never seen or heard Sophie in anything else except kid's TV where she just sounds like Ace who just sounds like her normal voice anyway.

Pretty cool that you got the classic episodes dubbed, though. Does you Doctor's voice change when he regenerates?
Because
1) we only got The Five Doctors, Six's and Seven's runs and the TV Movie in German before the new series

2)The same guy did the voice for the first 7 incarnations, just rolling his rrrr's for Sylvester.

3)7 had a different voice for the movie. So did 8.

4) Come Day of the Doctor, 1-8 all have the exact same voice, while War-11 have their own unique one, so the 13 Doctors scene is one guy shouting at himself.

Saw the one from the Christmas Invasion.
>Miki desu ka?
>Dokuta desu!
>MERI KRISMASU!

>Saw the one from the Christmas Invasion
Dalek is the best. Japo-Dalek is hilarious.

I dunno, his whole "thing" is going back to characters and hurting their lore for it

not my vid but youtube.com/watch?v=hV9Sh9-tgaQ

13 Doctors scene starts at 16:50
dailymotion.com/video/x17l25k_s07e15-der-tag-des-doktors-teil-2-2_travel

I imagine all the little Kaled mutants making (assorted parts of) this face inside their casings.

Well, before 2005 we only got Tom's first season (after the classic series ended) and the 1996 movie. Nobody watched it, and people cared so little about the dub that it was lost and only a few episodes of it have been found. We had some novelisation of episodes that never aired here, weirdly enough.
There's a lot of weird stuff ; classic cybermen are called cybernators, the sonic screwdriver is sometimes an acoustic screwdriver, time lords used to be "temporals" in the classic series, jokes aren't translated, etc.
We did have the same voice actor for 9 and 10 though.
And I think that the scene in Day of the Doctor actually has different voice actors for the Doctors.

That it's fun?

>165your4.jpg

Wot

Don't reply.

>classic cybermen are called cybernators, the sonic screwdriver is sometimes an acoustic screwdriver, time lords used to be "temporals" in the classic series

We have that with the TV movie. In the opening theme, the Time Lords get called three different names: Chrononauten, Herren der Zeit and I think Technoten. In DW Classic, they were Zeitenwanderer (Time wanderers). Cybermen in Classic are Kybermänner. The Master is also referred to as "Schnurpelschnäuzchen" (snurple snout) by Bruce the ambulance driver's wive before he snaps her neck.
Oh and in the new series, anything of Ten's and Eleven's rhyming reduplications, like timey-wimey, is translated as "Schnibbidischnick", a nonsense word. Even when it is humany wumany or explodey wodey, rendering the War Doctor's mockery about their way of speaking in the tower indiscipherable.

Now that you say it, that is probably a rather shitty career. Yet she never seems downtrodden about it. I love her voice. They can cast her in anything and I'll listen to it.

I am not baiting, look at her resume and she's never been in any TV shows or films or anything except some kid's stuff and those are mostly voiceovers.
Even Lis Sladen had a few TV appearances outside of Who. She gave up acting though which was wise.

EXTERMINIEREN

Nobody said you were baiting, is there something you'd care to admit to user?

This accusation has given you out.

Am I the only other person here, m8?

Germanon here, I'm going for a run and will not be back until in an hour. Anyone claiming to be me before the hour's up is not me.

Where the fuck do the new cyberman come from? Is that ever explained or is it just more cybermen just for the sake of shitty stories?

>Oh and in the new series, anything of Ten's and Eleven's rhyming reduplications, like timey-wimey, is translated as "Schnibbidischnick", a nonsense word. Even when it is humany wumany or explodey wodey, rendering the War Doctor's mockery about their way of speaking in the tower indiscipherable.

That's the kind of thing that makes you realise how much some translator don't care.

Their backstory is so convoluted, I guess it's easier to just accept that "oh look more Cybermen exist now!"

I hope you don't have any accidents in the pitch black.

Which new Cybermen? Cybusmen come from the parallel universe and have merged behind the scenes with the main Mondasian Cybermen to explain why they still used Cybus designs in Series 6. They then presumably further upgraded themselves into the Iron Man design.
If you're talking about how there are any Cybermen left after The Tenth Planet, when they were initially all that was left, that was explained in Tomb of the Cybermen - They create hives where a contingent of their race lies dormant until some hapless fop makes the unwise decision to wake them. And then they stock up their ranks with whoever is outside their tomb.

But yeah, basically, the official backstory with all the different splinter groups doesn't really hold up anymore.

Also no one in the 21st century show actually gives a fuck about characterisation or backstory of most monsters.

It makes me laugh that Russell T Davies said one reason for the Cybus parallel origin story was so he could essentially start from scratch, that the Cybermen backstory was too knotted and fucked and he didn't want to bother with it... and now the modern Cybermen's backstory seems just as convoluted.

She shows up in quite a few low budget audios.

Honestly there really is no modern Cyberman backstory it's all just shoved under a carpet.
Most of the modern Cyberman stories you could substitute them for other robots or generic cyborgs anyway.
If pushed they will say "The cracks changed it" or "the universe was rebooted by Amy" or some shit like that.
"IT WAS TIME WAR GO AWAY STOP ASKING GOOD QUESTIONS!"

Where did the cybermen in the next doctor come from?

It's baffling because the cyberman are just innately shit villains for over half a century besides spare parts. It's as if there's no self awareness to this.

Dr Who is for faggots

Absolutely predictable that you would try and defend her in that way and what you have said is ludicrous.
I am sure everyone else knew that any Dr Who spinoff material was a given.

They fell through the cracks/fault-lines during the business with the Void. While they were being sucked back to the parallel world, some of them fell through time because reasons.

I'm afraid that most people just think they are generic slow moving robots and we are screwed.

I think it's mostly down to very few writers actually knowing what to do with the Cybermen, that they didn't already at least hint at or talk about in Spare Parts.

Really, they're not even villains - just scientists and people who took survival too far. The decision to make them into stompy space robot armies was totally baffling. Cybermen, really, should've been left in the 60s.

They came through a giant plot hole.

She's shown up in non-Who audios as well. It's actually a little surprising.

Dark Water had a pretty good Cybermen plot, but gave it to Missy, basically.

>She's shown up in non-Who audios as well.
Your response is not surprising. You are a fool.

The explanation actually makes some kind of sense, and works with what they say in Doomsday.

The ghosts in S2 are Cybermen bleeding through the cracks in the universe that the Void has left as it entered our world. The Cybermen in TND are ones that haven't fully been sucked back through, and have again bled through the cracks, or the "fault lines" as they call them in Doomsday. Makes more sense than many other "oh, they're back!" explanations do in any case.

I kind of agree but, again, you could easily replace the Cybermen with Generic Zombie Cyborg and still have the same story.

>It's actually a little surprising.
Can you name them? Would they be either BBV or Big Finish mostly?

Rise Of The Cybermen
>DOCTOR: We fell out of the vortex, through the void, into nothingness. We're in some sort of no place. The silent realm. The lost dimension.

Army Of Ghosts
>DOCTOR: The space between dimensions. There's all sorts of realities around us, different dimensions, billions of parallel universes all stacked up against each other. The Void is the space in between, containing absolutely nothing, Imagine that. Nothing. No light, no dark, no up, no down, no life, no time. Without end.

Where does "Void Stuff" come from then?

Wait, the TARDIS prop had no back? WHAT THE FUCK?

>Where does "Void Stuff" come from then?
RTD pulled it out of his Time Arsehole.

True, but Dark Water specifically deals with what we'll do to avoid death and suffering, out of fear and desperation, which is a theme of most good Cyber-men episodes, even since the Tenth Planet. That's why I consider it an honorary Cyber-men episode.

Same question with the Void ship - where would you even start in trying to build one? How would you build one? I guess it's one of Dr Who's "just go along with it" sort of things.

Strangers in Space: strangenessinspace.com/

Cops and Monsters: copsandmonsters.co.uk/

And something called the Sitter: imdb.com/title/tt4370852/

Please stop lecturing us on themes we've known for years as if you are telling us something profound. It's patronizing.

Russell T's arse

yeah. You truly are a psycho m8.

Kids shit was covered in the very first post. The other things are 10th rate crowdfunded vanity projects.

All you've done is reinforce the original post in your desperation to be the cleverest person in the room again.

His face is his arse? Now everything becomes much clearer.

That would explain the amount of shit he's said over the years. Bazinga!

You're thinking of Moffat.

They are both consummate coprolinguists, mate.

Class episode three being screened early at mcm london comic con

bleedingcool.com/2016/10/18/doctor-spinoff-class-get-third-episode-shown-early-mcm-london-comic-con-next-saturday/

Eh? I thought episodes were being uploaded as early as 10 am, was someone winding me up?

What would you think of pic related as 13
Technically Scottish but so was 12

>Eh? I thought episodes were being uploaded as early as 10 am, was someone winding me up?
Nothing about this is very clear.
One was assuming that the episodes would be available on iPlayer at 10am on the release days but that doesn't make any sense really.

Yeah no susprise at all when you cannot win a discussion you started.
That is your level of debate, pal. You are a petulant child.

eccleston>capaldi=Tennant>shit>smith

That is correct.

So do we call this guy Tryhard user? Elitist user? Sandifer?

Capaldi>Eccleston>Tennant=Smith

He could look the part but iv never seen him in an role that has an energetic personality, he's be closer to 9, but I'd watch it

Do you have to make up a special name for someone who humiliated you in a simple argument that you involved yourself in for no good reason, m8?

I think it's probably mongo.

>bleeding cool
>up to date Who news

But user, this isn't 1945. We've got all the ugly ruins cleared away and put up nice little houses again for people to live in. And we've even got the electricity grid back up last week, so the street lamps are lit and nights aren't as dark anymore.

I was more bothered by the continuied drizzle, anyway.

Too A List, and not particularly a Who fan anyway (as far as I know). There's no way he'd contract himself to filming Doctor Who for 9 months a year, plus attend promotional events, for a comparatively paltry £300k.

He actually said on Craig Ferguson once that he had no interest in the show

Based Craigy Ferg.

And the tears never stop.

youtu.be/uwMiD1hm0B4

When the next big dictionary get published, Clara's death would be a picutre they'll place under "diminishing returns"

see also: Mary Sue

>dictionaries
>2016
get with the times grandpa

Reminder that this is real and happening.

"Manspreading" is now part of the Oxford English Dictionary. Let that sink in.

I... I can't believe you.

Yeah I totally forgot about that, when I saw the thumbnail I thought it was Batman. Where the fuck is my Oz Christmas special?

Why do people talk about 'Doctor Who does superheroes' like some inexplicable phenomenon that should never happen? I'm surprised it took this long, considering we have been in the midst of a splurge of superhero movies for years now and Doctor Who has always responded to pop culture in an adjacent and subversive kind of way.
It's obviously not something impossible in a universe where alien/cosmic/supernatural intervention can occur, and more to the point a parody-critique of the superhero fantasy is an obvious match for practically all of Moffat's thematic concerns.

>Was Davros seriously expecting me to tell you where the Doctor is? You are thick and so is he.
>Tell ussss where issss the Time Lord!

I don't think a dark gritty prison drama would be a good idea for a christmas special.

Wait, why does he wear a G on his chest if his name is Doctor Mysterio? Is it a Gallifreyan symbol of hope?

Because Doctor Mysterio refers to the Doctor, not the superhero guy (who Moffat has told us is called Grant).

His name is Grant.

Will Class even be watchable?

Is the widescreen edition of Enlightenment just stretched or is it somehow native?

Cred Forums.org/banner-contest/tv

Which one of you /who/res did this?

cropped

kek

What seems to be a simple murder investigation in a quiet English village becomes something far more deadly for the Seventh Doctor and his companions when the inhabitants begin to exhibit superhero abilities...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conundrum_(Lyons_novel)

Bad news everyone, Faceless died a few days ago.
I'm a good friend of his mail man who was his mothers milk man's best friend. Said he was found in his room. God this sucks.

Good, he was a cunt.

I love Conundrum and Head Games. Any Land of Fiction shit is my jam.

This anachronistic meme has given you away.

The use of the "has given you away" meme has given you away.

Has it, cats?

Überdenke deine Entscheidung nochmal.

Bored, cats?

Describe the first time you watched Doctor Who

No

I never expect much from Xmas Who episodes, so am never disappointed and sometimes actually enjoy them.

On the spoiler that Class introduces 6 people, only to kill 1 off (Ram's girlfriend probably) almost instantly... isn't that basically also what Torchwood did with Suzie?

Fun fact: Cyberwoman's Appreciation Index score is 84, higher than the AI score for Heaven Sent.

It's Jordan Renzo's character

That had a much smaller viewing figure though so it's not really a fair comparison.

The AI is nothing to do with viewing figures though, is it? It's a selection of X amount of people and the AI is generated by what they thought of it.

Yeah but the small amount of people watching Cyberwoman will just be fans mostly whereas a lot more of the general non-fan public would watch Heaven Sent.

I'm disappointed that "Überdenke deine" didn't translate to "superdank meme."

Did you ignore the part where I said AI is nothing to do with viewing figures? And we've no idea who the people chosen for the AI calculation were, in either cases.

Baseless predictions for next series

The tardis will change shape into a smartphone or delorian
The companion dies in the first episode and is replaced by emma watson
The doctor runs into a tribe of good intentioned daleks that have put aside killing and learned to accept others and has to save them from a group of cybermen
Rose returns with any and they are lesbian lovers
River songs has a 5 minute cameo in which she is killed off
They do a 4 doctors and tom baker special

I gotta go turn in for the day now, or I'll have bags under my eyes when I meet Don Rosa. So excited! Good night sleep tight make sure the Daleks don't bite!

>River songs has a 5 minute cameo in which she is killed off

user... River's end has been written literally since her inception...

Why is Series 5 so much more enjoyable and less cringeworthy than everything else Moffat's done?

I hope this autist who's following Moffat is gonna do a complete overhaul to the tone and style of the show. I know you guys like Series 9, but you've got to admit it's absolutely time we need something new.

The only change the show needs is to be brought firmly out of the 2000s and into the 2010s. This nerd probably isn't gonna achieve that.

Yea. As someone who likes Moffat and his era, I agree. He's been there way longer than I thought (and longer than he thought by the sound of it), he's done a fair bit, time to move on now before he just becomes JNT v2. Get out while the going's good. He's had a brilliantly madcap, lengthy era.

Thanks for inviting the /who/ bandwagon along to shit on Chibnall, cos that's all that's gunna happen now for the next 20 posts. Yawwwwn.

>somehow misread the word baseless

These posts are always so childish. Especially the insistent 'BORING!' 'YAWN!' to poorly pretend it isn't just asspain. 99% of /who/ posts are repeats and rehashes, including the one you just replied to, and yet a mere whiff of Chibbers criticism is what sets you off?

>2010s
>in 2017

Why not just skip and take it right into the 2020s

Not that it matters the micro processor will become redundant in 2019 anyway

I really wish I liked Moffat. I just cringe at all of it. I can never get comfy cause I just don't like how he writes in general, tonally and especially his characters. It all just rubs me the wrong way.

I hope the showrunner change will be as impactful as RTD to Moffat. I doubt it, though. If it isn't, I will for my own sanity just completely drop the show. It might never be what I want it to be. That's fine, I'll move on.

>Why not just skip and take it right into the 2020s
I mean sure go ahead. I think it just still has bits of sticky detritus of old writing conventions and old clichés occasionally clinging to it that it needs to brush off (Moffat is guilty of a few since his mind is permanently in the 90s, but it's more whenever they get lazy) and is still lagging behind culture a bit like a hip dad in terms of the characters and stories it tells. The most promising antidote for this has been, and I think will continue to be in series 10, new writers like Mathieson and even Harness and Dollard who, quality of their stories aside, at least always feel like they're writing current television rather than sitting inside a rigid NuWho box.

Weml thething is the show cannot and i mean CANNOT emulate the feel of something like the walking dead or game of thrones those are far too serious for it and aould not fit the show well at all it needs that bit of humor and whimsy

April is cute. CUTE!!

>sunken eyes
>ape like nose
>thin lips
>cute

Katherine Kelly is fit. FIT!!

It's still a version of cute. Not quite conventional, but still pretty.

I'm looking forward to her.

I like her voice. It's raspy in a good way.

>ape like nose

Can you explain to me what an ape like nose looks like because in my mind it's something quite different.

>Aprilposting might become a thing

Never.

>Aprilposting

it is now a thing

Post best girl.

Too late.

>jennafags incoming to remind us how they can't move on

Seconding this

I will always remember when my waifu was her.

>hisssssss

What did he mean by this?

So, who in the cast of Class are you looking forward to, besides 12?

*they

ok

Potential time lady/alien teacher?

Huh?

She's an alien.

Yeah, Miss Quill seems like she might be an awesome character. Might be the voice of reason to these "juveniles."

>Huh?
Those stands she gets the gun from look very time lord-ish

Might be actual Time Lord tech, which would explain the Doctor dropping in.

Sonic stapler?

Not the stapler, the stand you referred to earlier.

Though, who knows. Maybe the stapler is sonic.

I know, that was a joke
She reminds me of BFA Rani for some reason

It's the nose, and maybe the accent.

Looks more like Sky Silvestry from Midnight.

why did the episode themed generals stop after Survival

no one cares about new poo

We still do them. Just not every time.

They're on a 16-year hiatus.

Kek.

Curious to find out why both are wearing school uniforms in these pics.

Is that the prom episode?

What would the next one be? Timewyrm Genesys, or the McGann movie?

>His name is Grant.
I hope it's going to be 6's super-obscure novel-companion

He got bit by the Graff's dog, says so in the commentary track for The Ribos Operation

Gotta move on eventually.

'Experimental' episodes like Heaven Sent tend to get lower AI scores. For what it's worth, my parents are on the Pulse panel. which calculates AI scores.

They gave Heaven Sent 6/10. They liked it, especially Capaldi's acting, but they thought it was too disturbing/ gory for younger children.

They're pretty old fashioned. Maybe younger viewers liked it, but older ones didn't? A generational thing?

Next time slip your parents a fiver for a better score.

Why does Miss Quill look like she's only two years older than the rest of the teenage characters?

They rated Girl Who Died 10/10 (their favourite of s9 for some reason) and Hell Bent 9/10. But hey-ho.

girl who died was decent. you should disown them for giving hell bent 9/10 tho

>Fun fact: Cyberwoman's Appreciation Index score is 84, higher than the AI score for Heaven Sent.
Of course AIs would love Cyberwomen

Susan returns when?

He looks really good here.
That makes me happy.
I hope these are recent and I'm not being stupid.

HNNG

>gags about masturbation

SO EDGY

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/788683469094211585

> Unfortunately, we must also announce that, due to circumstances beyond our control, William Russell will be unable to join us for our 2017 convention.
Please don't die

it's basically a death-sentence.
So long, old friend.

>listening to Big Finish podcast in the car
>Briggs gets distracted from the emails and spends five minutes doing animal noises while the other guy laughs uncontrollably
Comfy af

Class audio clip

twitter.com/WhoviVortex/status/788464803975168000

Steven Moffat's kid is weird.

twitter.com/Curly_Moffat/status/788575571764731904

Also they changed the way AI scores are calculated in 2013 I think. But I mean even then, Midnight had the lowest AI of S4. Plebs gonna pleb.

>tfw you'll never be Moffat's kid
Why Live?

Why would anyone want to be that poor sod, getting tattoos of old women and living with a dad who has more affairs than every news channel in America

Go to bed Caro.

finally music from a different composer
sounds nice

Blair Mowat, who's done music for BF. Keepin' it in da family.

Never complain, never explain.

He's wearing the suit, they make out, the Corikinus either comes up behind her or blows up her head or teleports inside her etc. She explodes, blood all over his face (but why not his clothes?), he suffers a loss (that's why he's crying to his Dad(?) in episode 2) and provides his motivation to join the Scooby gang which is otherwise filled with socially awkward/nerd/highly strung people whereas he is the school football jock.

CLASS IS GOING TO BE GOAT

what the fuck. this is weird even if it is just having fun with the makeup artist on set

I see he has the Moffat family extra chromosome.

>he following media may contain sensitive material.
heh

>Steven Moffat has also confirmed the return in the latest issue of DWM: “Oh, of course Missy will be back,” he said. “How could she not be?”

>The magazine additionally confirms the next episodes to film are episodes 5 & 9.

Is it me or Peter and Pearl have next to no chemistry?

None off screen.

I've no idea. I've not seen an episode with them yet. But they seemed OK in the 2 min intro.

Pearl will only last one season.

Why do you think that?

Gatiss is writing a two parter.

Surely hardly anyone will watch Class because its on BBC 3 which isn't even a proper telly channel

It's online which is where plenty of younguns watch shit, but I think it also goes onto BBC1 not long after.

If you have a SKY digital box with a connection, I think BBC III can be accessed from the catch-up service. the new Red Dwarfs are always uploaded to the DAVE section early, so they don't have to just watch it on a crummy internet window

Hi immigrant

Nightshade.

I blame the gubbermint.

fuck off connor

Cold heart.

That's thermodynamics, tho.

Silent star.

my balls they itch

Under forest.

Usually a safe bet

Empty sea.

Lonely family.

I voted for it

Reeeing.

Warm trail.

>165your4.jpg

my balls they itch your mom

No sign of Class pics on the FarFarAway site yet? Anyone know a good collection of HD promo pics for Class yet?

Post more pictures of Not-Clara.

reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/580ge3/new_class_promotional_images_released_portraits/?st=iuh7fsd5&sh=aa81cbd6

is malcom tucker in this?

Yes, he's in Series 8, Series 9 and the upcoming Series 10.

Tucker had more #class than running about in stupid sunglasses and playing the guitar whilst believing himself to be cool

>tfw you have SKY but no bbc3 cos Ireland

I literally cant.

They liked Clara and were pleased she was 'saved'. What can I say to that? At least they still like the show overall, unlike many so-called 'fans'.

>That face

Every time I come across a pic of her I think she could be a real qt, then I open the thumbnail and run away screaming.

>‘It’s just I’ve been away from home for ages.’
>‘Travelling?’
>‘Like you wouldn’t believe.’ Anji smiled at him. ‘It’s going to be OK. The Doctor will sort things out.’
>Guy grimaced. ‘The Doctor goes swimming in the Thames in his vest and pants. Physician, heal thyself.’

Eighth Doctor novels confirmed 100% canon.

>not liking the sonic sunnies and guitar

>girl who died 10/10

That probably had more to do with the two seconds of Tennant

Nah, it was the Benny Hill music. Reminded them of their youth. That and the Monty Python-ish image. They loved it after Strictly, while sipping on their 2nd glass of Sanatogen tonic wine. Bless 'em.

Yep, bored.

I really liked this episode.

Oh, jeez. This is what decides the score of our Who eps.

Your parents sound like nice folk, though.

Advance review of Class, sounds rather meh

doctorwhotv.co.uk/class-episode-1-2-advance-review-81312.htm

OK then

>Seeing Capaldi is, regardless, still the most thrilling moment of either episode. It’s a bit of a double-edged sword however, as it’s also a reminder that we’d much rather be watching the Doctor every week instead.

Class confirmed to hold noone's attention outside of those ten minutes

The Shakri serve the tally!

He turns up about half an hour into the ep, and is gone after 10 minutes. People will probably thus watch all of ep1 waiting for him, then not bother with the rest unless the Next Time trailer truly grips them

They're great parents, love them dearly.

My Mum said she'd have given Heaven Sent 10/10 if it had been broadcast after the watershed.

Which is kind of defeating the point, since the AI is all about how well (or not) an episode is received. Shouldn't the score be based solely on the content of the episode, regardless of its eventual timeslot.

>Doctor Who TV
>wants more Doctor
Well...there's a predictable surprise.

I think they have a fair point though. Ep1 might seem like a Doctor Who episode, not unlike a Doctor-lite where he shows up part way through that's set in a DW school.

As opposed to being its own show that the Doctor happens to cameo in. At least SJA waited a few series before bringing in Tennant.

>Matt Smith is playing a prince
>Jenna Louise Coleman is playing a Queen
it's like poetry

(Altho I suspect Capaldi is a stunt to try and draw more people in, as well as being a way of saying sorry for no DW this year, plus the fact Class will likely end after its second series, assuming it's popular enough to even warrant a second)

Is mongo here today?
Germanon checking in to make good on my promise to prove you it's me and not some tumblr cosplayer. Actually met Don Rosa. Feeling fab.
Got there three hours early and waited in line with six people in front of me. Before long, peeps were cueing up around and out of the hall we were in. And I've got another thing coming for you: Something actually tying DW and Scrooge together.

Oh, and I wore the shirt I said I was going to. In case you have trouble making it out, it's this design:
img09.deviantart.net/d65a/i/2015/278/1/9/a_song_of_ducks_and_mice___scroowin_mcduckister_by_manidiforbice-d9c325i.jpg

Agree user. Try and tell that to my Mum, and to a lesser extent my Dad, who always agrees with my Mum because he likes an easy peaceful life.

How'd ya like them apples?

>tfw no hug from Gomez

Doctor Who is a show that would allow you make spin-off out of any episode and yet they can't be assed to make a backdoor pilot.

There will almost certainly be a 2nd series. Not sure about a 3rd, because the actors (apart from the one playing a 15 yr old) even now look older than 18.

DESU, I doubt BBC3 looks further than a 2nd season anyway.

Best spin-off is Jago&Litefoot anyway.

That's not Jenna

Dammit, I miss Liz Sladen. Gone too soon.

You don't need to do that much to prove that you're real, the shitposter from the other day was either baiting or fucking retarded.
But it's nice that you met Don Rosa, he seems like an awesome guy.

nice blog post you baldy nazi

I'm watching the Wedding of Sarah Jane right now.
Feels weird.

>DESU, I doubt BBC3 looks further than a 2nd season anyway.
You know nothing at all mate. This is just shit you've made up from nothing.

No, the real weird is when you realize the last episode broadcast while she was still alive was about her deadly decease. Did they know?

>replying to himself

ok

Tbh I would have worn the shirt and taken the picture anyway. The shitposter just gave me a chance to brag, so he is right up until this point:
>nice blog post you baldy

Talking about Don Rosa, he is! See that basket of hot peppers on the desk? He just asks you if you'd like some, he grows them himself. He even had a little laminated brochure so you could see which pepper was which. I took a few. I shall eat my spicy lasagna with reverence.

Nice work lifting these stories and pictures from someone's Facebook mate.

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD