War for the Planet of the Apes Official Teaser Trailer

I am really interested in how this comes out.
Two films in, I'm still not convinced the apes can pull this off and defeat humanity.

I'm also really hyped if it is set in the winter, not enough war movies are.
youtube.com/watch?v=IjK_h57ixPw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA
youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM
youtube.com/watch?v=JDbwEQG2cqI
youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8Z5XIf0N4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this the apex of apekino?

>apekino
>not monkino
come on son

>Two films in, I'm still not convinced the apes can pull this off and defeat humanity.

The goal is to arrive at the original planet of the apes story in the end, so it will happen but it will be a tough battle for the apes.

They are more fertile, much stronger and almost as smart as humans. Also humans were literally decimated by the virus. Less than 10% humanity survived and they still haven't rebulid society after 10 years, and probably fight among themselves.

>A female chimp will usually have her first child at around the age of 14 years old. The gestation period is about 8.5 months, very similar to humans. The infants are dependent upon their mother for at least 5 years, and can usually live independently by age 6, but still spend considerable time with their mothers even into adulthood. Chimps are considered adults by age 15. A female chimp will not be fertile again until her child is fully weaned, so at most a female chimp will give birth every five years. She may have approximately 4-6 children in her lifetime.

two films in and they're still not at the ape-planet, or have even so much as mentioned the idea of space travel, how fucking long are they gonna stretch this franchise

>have even so much as mentioned the idea of space travel

It was mentioned in the first movie. There were some news in the tv that they lost contact with the first manned mission to Mars and that spaceship disappeared

Rise of the Dawn of the War for the Planet of the Apes

The ape-planet? Isn't the ape-planet just earth? Wasn't that the big twist?

I think there will be a timeskip after Caesar's death - he will probably die in this movie and next trilogy will start with humans landing on the planet of the apes

They aren't monkey you meme spouting moron pick up a fucking book once in a while

if we are lucky it will turn out half as good as this

youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA

Would have been infinitely better without the narration. Why do all (American) trailers do this?

>they're still not at the ape-planet

they are on earth, and the second film showed how the apes started society

i doubt they will make a whole film with apes in human clothes maybe a teaser at the end of the 3rd film

sigh. Yeah, I was trying to bait some nerds

pretending to be retarded: the meme

Be prepared for a fresh we of harambe memes

youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM
I really hope this will play when they start chimping out and fighting n shiet

If they don't wear monkey armor in this I am going to flip my shit with anger.

why would they wear armors? it would decrease their speed and agility

I just want the films to be at the "planet of the apes" stage where they have little villages and clothes and all that shit.

Wouldn't fit the tone at all and the song isn't even about Harambe
One of the best tracks on the album tho

Me too. The first two were great and as long as they don't drop the ball on this one this could be a really solid.

Why are CGI movies about apes the best Hollywood has to offer?

user
LOVE
SHITPOST
MORE THAN
TELEVISION AND FILM

War of Kangz

No seriously I can't fucking wait, it will probably the last good movie I ever see in theaters

for me this "franchise" stands out so much due to the fact that it doesn't stand out. its not overly hyped by large crowds of fans at comic con and shit like that, its not constantly talked about, there is no over the top advertising or merchandising, it doesn't try to be fun, quippy, and kid friendly or pander to different demographics, the fanbase isn't loud or obnoxious, you don't have nostalgic fans ripping into it about muh childhood classic movies. I honestly don't know how the fuck they have been able to get away with making these films so right. Its like the studio doesn't care and just lets them make the movies they want to make and don't jump in at all. Like what kind of studio approves the decision to have almost the whole first half of a movie only have sign language between CGI apes? Its baffling when you compare it to every other blockbuster sequel that major studios shit out each year

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=JDbwEQG2cqI
youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8Z5XIf0N4

when Caesar says no, that is one of the few genuinely memorable theatre going experiences I have had. The complete silence in the theatre was something I have not experienced since.

Great post. Pretty much summarizes why I like this franchise so much.

Yeah, and the way it's build up is great. gave me chills.

Absolutely this

Is it snow?
I was thinking it was ash

The last flutter when it's all blown away along with the wind made me think it was snow. I'm really hoping it was, I think it would be great to see the apes in a snowy environment along with the action scenes taking place in it.