Why make a movie about Nude Salamander catching Pokemon instead of expanding on the mythology of the North American...

Why make a movie about Nude Salamander catching Pokemon instead of expanding on the mythology of the North American Wizarding World and Ilvermorny and shiet?

Also, what Ilvermorny House did you get? I got Horney Snake.

Other urls found in this thread:

qzzr.com/c/quiz/272770/discover-your-pottermore-patronus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How is this not expanding on the wizarding world?

It technically is, but in a a perfunctory way. It's giving us a dude from the UK chasing down monsters from the old movies in New York City, instead of focusing on the primary North American Wizarding culture.

Because harry potter is for pre teens and you should be ashamed of yourself

KYS millenial

What the fuck are these words you're using?

Because no one gives a shit about americans once again trying to appropriate the media and culture of other countries.

wtf are you twating about?

Because they know you tasteless manchildren will see it anyways

Well, Newt Scamander was from the original books. North American """"""""""""wizarding culture""""""""""""... I don't remember reading anything about that, so why should the film makers bother with that "shiet"?

>JK Rowling writes it especially for us because we're actually important and people care about us
>americans once again trying to appropriate the media and culture of other countries
Topkek, have fun with that shitty little MyImmortal-tier play she gave you for a more modern glimpse into the British wizarding world.

It's a whole thing on Pottermore, the children's entertain website I frequent. My patronus is a hairless cat.

This is just a cash grab, hence the american setting.
Larger demographic.

Remember guys there are going to be 5 of these.

>patronus
Link me to this, I have a burning desire to find out.

Was it not large in America as well? Pretty sure more HP books were sold here than in the UK by an enormous margin, and the films were all produced by quintessentially classic American film studio.

It's on pottermore.com. Can't link the exact page because it requires a sign in, but it's under the tab that says "sorting"

because the fans are r*tards dude

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the overall attitude was toward the Potter shit in the UK? Obviously it was huge, but I always found it a bit pathetic in the US. I remember being like 9 or 10 when the books were released and seeing grown adults reading the books on the subway.

>we're actually important and people care about us

Found a quiz on a different website that uses all 38 of the questions they choose 5 from to ask on Pottermore. Arguably more accurate as a result.
qzzr.com/c/quiz/272770/discover-your-pottermore-patronus
Mine is a seal.

How many of my Presidential candidates can you name? How many of your politicians would I know even exist? :^)

Just took that one. Got Hippogriff which is objectively better than the one I got on Pottermore.

The difference being that the government in my country exists to govern not to entertain.
Your political system is a farce and as such is broadcast over the entire world to the amusement of everyone. Congratulations.

>The difference being that the government in my country exists to govern not to entertain.

Tell that to the BBC.

So americans being poorly educated idiots now means they're important and people care about you?
Are the no lengths you won't go to to blindly defend your brainwashed patriotism?
By your logic snookie is more important than Archimedes.

Exactly, no response, so you're irrelevant and nobody cares about you. :^)

>By your logic snookie is more important than Archimedes.
What, like the mechanical owl from Clash of the Titans? Yeah, probably.

>so retarded that he thinks the only country outside the US is England
Murrilard education. :^)

Money.

>murritards on the defensive
ebin trole bros

>catching Pokemon

That's more enough to get me on board. Thanks for selling me on this. Will see in theaters.

There's nothing for us to defend, user. You can't levy any criticism of us that can't apply elsewhere just as well, the only difference is that we're relevant so people give a shit about it. Keep proving my point for me.
>tfw subnations act as your vassals and yes men to reaffirm your own stature on anonymous Myanmarian Mormon mermen message boards

Nobody cares about Injuns

They didn't even have wands until the white men came

Nice deflections. :^)
Go trump amirite? Or was it hillary?
Oh wait...

>deflections
Of what? We're irrefutably more important and more of the world cares about what we do on the international stage than anybody else. You never gave anything in response to give a coherent reply to. It's just more butthurt whining from another foreigner with a cultural inferiority complex.

We were discussing America and the UK. I'm sorry I didn't automatically assume you came from some tin pot banana republic given the context.

Keep feeding into your own strawman, brotendo. I bet you've already lost sight of the initial post. :^)
Rest assured that you sufficiently trolled me.

>buzzwords
Can you even name a country that qualifies as a "banana republic" without resorting to google?
Do you even know what the term means?
Lmaoing at your life, bro.

Nope, this was about cultural appropriation in the realm of Harry Potter, faggotron. It's not cultural appropriation if the British author is going out of her way to write a movie about an American wizard with an American film company for an American audience. ;^)

I bet you 10,000 rubles Froggo is gonna end up in one of these movies.

Don't you people have your own websites? Where the fuck are you from, anyway?

What do you mean? Cred Forums is owned by asians. Much like the rest of your country. :^)

Archimedes wasn't even a real person.

Wow, both sites gave me thestral, that's funny

>Europeans are so irrelevant they have to make people up to compare to Americans

That was just an absurdly sad response.
Why would you even inflict that pathetic nonsense on us?

>5 gorillion scripts
No thanks.

He's about as real as Pythagoras or Odysseus. Just some folk character that a bunch of mathematical concepts were attributed to.

So you're telling me he's as real as freedom in the united states?

why do u assume im from burgerland?
but yes that's a fair analogy

>cultural appropriation
Kill yourself

lmao

Mostly your poor grammar and inability to form a coherent thought.

>throwing a tantrum over grammar on a peruvian basket weaving forum

the sad thing is that you take this shit seriously. Britain hasn't been relevant for centuries. Your country is just the sad pathetic remains of a once proud Empire. Your people are inbred and soon your lands will be so overrun with immigrants that any remnants of a "culture" you once had will be lost forever.

America is a legitimate world power. Britain is not.

>tfw no qt 3.14 witch to burn at the stake
It's tough being a no-maj sometimes

I got white mare/stallion