What went wrong?

>According to those who saw the 15 minute early footage preview of the movie, they unabashedly made Doctor Strange into Tony Stark 2.0 - quips and all
>Strange's cape is more or less the magic version of Stark's armour - latching on to him as he falls out a building and being an element of comic relief in the film (though without a voice like Stark's Jarvis has)

Sigh…well at least the visuals will be cool I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg
vocaroo.com/i/s11HEDCpCKKm
youtube.com/watch?v=IpCwOhfTzGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its marvlel what did you expect

DCfag detected

quips were a mistake

>What went wrong?

BvS
Now even Disney is certain they have to add quips everywhere

Nothing. 100% RT score in the bag.

So, business as usual then?

Ouch.

Do people still have faith in Marvel after Civil Turd? Wow.

Joss Whedon was a mistake.

Civil War was unironically mankind's greatest achievement.

>so butthurt over BvS you are blaming other company's faults on it

wew lad

kys my man

What? I thought that was a funny little moment.

>implying it's not true

After BvS and SS (with injected quips) performances, Disney now knows for sure that keeping the same quip formula is better than maybe trying one or two "dark and serious" movies. The competition failed for them.

The same happened with Rogue One a bit after BvS came out.

Haha! It's the wifi password! Because they're not savages...they just live in a building that uses candles for lighting. Obviously they have wifi! 10/10 Marvel does it again!

Fuck off op, this will be GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg

What do you want them to do? Have magic computers?
That's dumb.

I've been waiting for Infinity War, and GotG 2 will probably be quippy fun like the first one. Like them or not these movies print money.

I'm also pretty excited for the Black Panther movie. Odds are though that I'll drop it when they go full "New Avengers"

>blaming BvS that Civil War and Dr. Shit sucks
lmao

vocaroo.com/i/s11HEDCpCKKm

-Koi

Black Panther could be one of their best movies if they just step back and let the Creed guys do their thing. The cast is fucking amazing too.
But at this point expecting capeshit to not be meddled with by executives is being very naive and asking to be eventually disappointed.

>Sigh...

You had me until this

This.

>not understanding what hes implying
fucking lmaoing at your Cred Forums sensibilities and understanding of media

Do people have faith in DC after Man of Shit and Batman v SuperTurd? Wow.

>What do you want them to do? Have magic computers?

Yes! If you're going to go full retard and throw in a wifi password quip for comedy purposes, then go all the way and include magic computers. It's really not that farfetched

>It's really not that farfetched
Neither is them having wifi

That is unironically great

This trailer structure is really starting to trigger me

I want to hurt you.

>Doctor Strange into Tony Stark 2.0 - quips and all

Strange is meant to be one of the most raging and spiteful characters in the universe until he becomes Sorcerer Supreme, he is then by far on of the most mature, capable and trustworthy people in the universe.

Of course they got him wrong. They still can't get Reed Richards right. It's impossible for Hollywood to write a smart character that isn't all quips and "look how smart I am" nerdfaggotry.

WE

EAT

????????????????

CHEEZ

????????????????????

Quips are easy to write, easy to act out and easy for the audience to digest. It's the safest bet for light entertainment high budget movies. Welcome to Hollywood.

>they unabashedly made Doctor Strange into Tony Stark 2.0 - quips and all

Fucking based, I've been waiting a IM movie since 2013

>OMG WIZARD WIFI? THEYRE MAGIC, JUST USE MAGIC TO DO STUFF
>OMG WIZARD SHOES? JUST USE MAFIC FOR SHOES
>A FUCKING BED? WHY ISNT HE SLEEPING ON MAGIC?
>IS THAT A NORMAL FUCKING FORK HE'S EATING WITH? REEEEEEEEEEEE

Its a comic book movie. Its never going to be anything but flashy effects, quips and toy merchandising.

Get over it or go watch your arte ķeýnö

CUTE!

>>OMG WIZARD SHOES? JUST USE MAFIC FOR SHOES

unironically this

>Strange
>raging and spiteful
Nah, I'm rereading the Ditko run right now.
He's a sweetheart that helps literally anyone that comes to him. Most of his early stories are him doing just that and it backfiring. Hell, Loki showed up at his doorstep and asked him to steal Thor's hammer because his big brother was a bully and Strange did it with very little question.

He's pretty serious post-magic, but his origin story is basically him mouthing off to everyone in Tibet.

sauce on pic

After they botched DiaB and Extremis, I decided CW was going to be the last chance. Avoided Antman, Thor 2, etc

Got an hour in and dropped it.

Her name is Eye

>quips and all

Doesn't that make all the characters in the mcu tony 2.0?

>What went wrong?

Casting Bramblyhedge Cucumberpatch as Dr Strange.

ya'll treating capeshit too seriously.

BENDIS MOAR LIKE BENIS LOLOLOLOLOL

This is the epitome of "lol so random XD" Tumblr girls.

you misread, he was raging and spiteful before he became sorcerer, then hes a humbled man

Google is giving me nothing, a little more detail please?

Dialogue from the upcoming Infinity War:

>Stark: Who are you?
>Strange: I'm Strange
>Stark: Yes you are.

>Cap: So that means XYZ?!
>Black Widow: Good work, Sherlock.
>*Strange, Stark and Ross look at eachothother, then wink at the camera*

Is she with you?

Never read any Dr. Strange, huh?

He's kinda a sleezy flirt when not fighting eldritch gods.

Pick up a book before you try to act offened, cuck.

OMG MARVELFAGS BTFO FOR THE LAST TIME
HOW WILL THEY RECOVER?!?

Good, just need Martin Freeman's CIA(?) character from Civil War to show up and hang around with Strange.

Better then whatever grimdark plot-hole stuffed trash we'll get in Justice league.

>Martin Freeman's CIA(?) character
That's Ross.

Except this isn't true at all, fucker.

Oh, yeah he threw me off since he said 'Sorcerer Supreme' since be doesn't earn that title till he had been at it for a while.
Yeah, pre-magic Strange is an asshole, but in the same way that House is an asshole except exchange 'puzzles' for money. It doesn't preclude him from quipping or being likable.

He's with the NSA

Lana Rain

Antman is a top tier marvel movie.

GOOD LORD
At the same time i want to see it so hard but i'll probably throw up right the moment in happens

>Antman is a top tier marvel movie.
Stopped reading there.

> they unabashedly made Doctor Strange into Tony Stark 2.0

That's bad?

>No source
Fucking kill yourself.

>>Antman is a top tier marvel movie.
>Stopped reading there.
Stopped reading there.

It worked for Iron Man cause Tony is a legit prick and even there after over half a dozen movies it's worn thin.

You should check Ant Man out. It's actually one of Marvel's most fun and inventive movies. Not mindblowing, but pretty solid.

This movie will be worse than suicide squad.

Don't be silly user, the only thing that sucks shit worse then a DC film, is ANOTHER DC film.

Yes it is. That building isn't wired for electrics. Clearly it's wired for magic though.

>Evans
You're the reason people under the age of 25 aren't taken seriously.

So it's not BvS fault, is the audiences' fault for not wanting to watch more serious movies, and at the root of the problem lies Marlel for conditioning the masses into only liking quipfests.

>That building isn't wired for electrics

Based off milliseconds of footage from single rooms in a teaser, user? Your autism is showing.

Magic wifi. What now, smart guy?

>>>Antman is a top tier marvel movie.
>>Stopped reading there.
>Stopped reading there.
Stopped reading there.

>not wanting to watch more serious movies

You misspelled poorly written plots and just as poor characterizations their, user.

Are you retarded? Do you lack reading comprehension?

When did your happiness die?

>ITT idiots can't tell the difference between an """ironic""" quip and an actual joke

look at the reactions to the footage. I got this specific info from the Weekly Planet podcast - who are pretty big Marvel shills and even he was saying that apart from the visuals he wasn't feeling the comedic relief cape and Strange being Stark

Why is that song so neat but the theme song is so generic and shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=IpCwOhfTzGk

Because actually scoring the film in an interesting and memorable way would go against the brand, and because Marvel is more of a franchise than it is a proper studio, they can't do that.

>not liking quipkino

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

You're wrong, it'll be Strange saying something obvious followed by RDJ going "No shit Sherlock."

>posting fan-made music