/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: what is your favourite shot-on-video film?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/pastafrola/
letterboxd.com/vanchirak/
discord.gg/XAKQMJU
letterboxd.com/Synt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you can't shoot on video since you watch video lmao

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Anybody else watch the greasy strangler yet? What did you make of it?

what the heck do you mean by this

I'm sorry aeltbx, I'll never be rude to you anymore

Pretentious hipster reporting in.

>two musical films
>both feature a hole connecting two flats

Is this a meme?

>aeltbx deserves and will get a painful death in your lifetime
nice feel

Sup senpai, it's me. How do you have your Cred Forums X set up?

fairly basic

letterboxd.com/pastafrola/

>come back to Cred Forums after some years
>/gif/ is still a slow board
nice feel

letterboxd.com/vanchirak/

le edgy atheist liberal

nice try aeltbx

Cremaster is, at the very least, one of the worst things I've ever seen. Six hours of Matthew Barney furiously fellating his massive ego. Also just flat out boring filmmaking.

WHY DOESNT ANYONE FOLLOW ME ANYMORE
ITS NOT FAAAAAAAAAIR

>still no torrent

noooooooo

Maybe because you don't rate what you watch.

Bad post

hav u seen evolution yet?
also tell me why u like innocence

MOTY in here. Clearly.

Crybaby's first artfilm.

Hi, yawned. I'd follow you, but I don't follow anyone.
But how do u know thor?

Tsai Ming Liang is great! Have you seen The Wayward Cloud?

Evolutíon was gud but i feel like filming water/coastal areas is ez modo. Plus I can't get truly immersed in sci-fi films.
Innocence I loves because it was pure (I hate degen movies as a devout christian) and A E S T H E T I C.
Plus coming of age movies are my weakness, especially when they contain girls who are sad.
I spoke to him like twice on skype and asked him if he had letterboxd (he does) and we added each other.
We have a sorta similar taste in movies (boring mumblecore) which is why I wanted to talk to him but he's kinda shy desu

Some recent shit.

k ill follow u, will probably watch evolution soon

The Hole was my first Ming-Liang film. I might watch a few more of his films but first I gotta finish all the other weird films on my watchlist.
Next year I'm going to get REALLY into Japanese cinema, though.

THE LORD SHOWED ME THE WAY

Boys, is it hot in here today! Fucking tropical country

Don't talk to me when i'm eating porridge

Re-watching American Honey, I came to the realization that it's my second favorite film of all-time -- just behind Mommy, the most personal narrative that I've ever experienced in the realm of cinema, and just ahead of Beasts of the Southern Wild, the film that I saw a few weeks following my father's death, and the piece of art that almost singlehandedly got me through the period of grief following his passing. My only complaint about American Honey is that its sprawling 163 minute runtime isn't three or so hours longer, clocking it at something like 330-360 minutes.

I never wanted it to end; I want to live inside this film. I almost wish that certified queen of cinema, Andrea Arnold, would pull a Zac Snyder and release some sort of Ultimate Cut, but I know that's not going to happen, so I guess I'll just have to settle for re-watching it and re-watching it, on repeat, for days on end, until I notice that I haven't eaten or drunk anything in approximately a week, and that my body has been reduced to a skeletal state.

And then I'd probably just say fuck it to nutrients and watch it again, because it's the last construction of images that I'd want to see before being reunited with my father again anyway.

Ironically, yes. If you haven't seen a single film from any other avant garde filmmaker like Jack Smith, Gregory Markopoulos, or even narrative ones like Ulrike Ottinger, then you'd probably think Cramaster is very clever and "le trippy".

ugh

those are lyrics you dumb nigger

lff?

discord.gg/XAKQMJU

t. jackie

My top ten of the year so far.

kek
I haven't watched anything from 2016.

Stan The Man

Watch those pieces of kino then.

If I was NEET, I would. Five films a week is the maximum I can manage and I've got plenty of other films to watch first.

>I never wanted it to end; I want to be white trash in middle america

>2016
>not being a NEET
Lmao loser

?

¿

what does this mean?

awful taste

:'^(

embryo

what's your fav movie of 2016?

>fav
fag

what?

wut

I venture that he called you a fag aka faggot

The Witch

I WANT TO STAND WITH YOU ON A MOUNTAIN

VVitch is 15 though

letterboxd.com/Synt/

hello everyone. General thoughts on the Evangelion Rebuilds? anti-anime memes aside.

Just finished it. Have to say, was a little bit disappointed. Did enjoy it though.

>Synt and its embryo gang arrive on the scene

>mac user

>Blackhat
>4/5

Come on dude, if you're gonna waste time samefagging at least call me out on something real.

Okay that's better.

>waste time samefagging
The city of Synt's ((brain)), lads and gentlkem

aye fair enough, ain't gonna fighting this one.

Sucking dicks wasn't enough fun anymore for Richie

Based Synt likes Blackhat, all is right in the world.

I'm going to see Liv Ullman give a talk in November, and I've only seen Persona. What else should I watch guys that's not The Emigrants? I have it on BD and will watch it soon, but I'm looking for a shorter movie tonight.

How much would she charge for a fuck?

t. Synt boyfriend

t. jealous synt autist.

What's there to be jealous about that? Asking for a friend :)

I'm going to guess you never got the follow back. Or you're jealous of superior taste?

Who gives a shit?