How did these one hit wonders get their own movie??? WTF

How did these one hit wonders get their own movie??? WTF

>one hit wonders

Not really user. More than one try 10 or more.

Hahahahaha no. Wonderwall and that's it.

True music kino
Americans will never understand

this kid needs to do a bit more research, Oasis have a shit ton of great songs. Many of them were hits too.

You are literally too retarded to insult.

Shut up you British faggot

>Americans will never understand
Hopefully not

Oh yeah these guys had TONS of smash hits

Given how overrated they were at the beginning, Dig Out Your Soul (2008) is not necessarily a bad album, even by their low standards, just one of the many they have made, and The Shock of the Lightning (lots of guitar noise a` la AC/DC but wimpy psychedelic litany) is not particularly more tedious than previous singles. Bag It Up is a syncopated hard-rock a` la Beatles' Get Back with a chorus a` la Sgt Pepper Not even the Beatles would have concoted something so embarrassing but also so sellable as To Be Where There's Life (bouncy beat, raga drone, booming chant). At least Ain't Got Nothin' is a Kinks-ian burst of energy. It's amazing that anybody ever took them seriously.

>posts ringtone site as evidence

Nice logic Americuck.

Based piero laying down the truth

>8 UK No.1s
>One hit wonders

You fucking faggot. Oasis were absolute gigantic in the mid and late 90s. I still remember their rivalry with Blur.

Best there was, best there is, the best there ever will be. Seen the documentary twice already. It's mega.

Ripped off so many 60s/70s rock bands

Coldplay had more originality than these hacks

hey im american and was a huge oasis fan

Oasis had a pretty unique sound at the time, I don't feel like they ripped anybody off desu.

>britfag in charge of knowing what Billboard is

So of these 8 Number 1 "hits" (Some Might Say; Don't Look Back in Anger; D'You Know What I Mean; All Around the World; Go Let It Out; Hindu Times; Lyla: The Importance of Being Idle), how many are the general public actually familiar with?

>hacks

>Implying they ever implied they were original

Is there a torrent?

>4% of the British population tried to get tickets to their Knebworth gigs

In their last year before the split they played huge gigs all over the UK. Three sold out concerts at Wembley for example. Heaton Park as well and Slane Castle.

Not sure, I saw it in the cinema.

noel was known for using riffs and other stuff from bands and singers like cigarrets and alcohol stole from bang a gong and step out tonight he used the tempo from a stevie wonder song

Because they were quite popular and famous, and the behind-the-scenes sibling rivalry drama was even more entertaining than their music. They're a couple of over-the-top narcissists, and people like that generally make great subjects for documentary, so thanks for the tip OP I'll check it out

Shit. Doesn't open in my town until next week. Will check it out, though.

>Slane Castle
>UK

Fuck off.

They still had a unique sound and lyrical theme when they debuted even if they borrowed riffs and such. 1994 was all whiny fucking grunge shit. Oasis came in and blew people away with positive rock music.

Ah yeah my bad. Was only gonna mention Heaton Park at first but then I added Slane without thinking.

I'm not a Brit

Lol this is vh1 levels of music history narrative. Just like Nirvana "saved" us from fun but banal rock music a few years prior, right?

> one hit wonders

>one hit wonders

new Be here Now demos are fucking mega

The Be Here Now remaster also sounds way better than the original

I'd rather have a kino about Pink Floyd and not this irrelevant cocksuckers tbqh pham.

FUND IT!

Oasis lyrics were too 3Deep4u dude weed lmao

LOL wtf is next Blur the Movie haha

besides all the plebs itt, has anyone seen it

also does anybody know when a list of Canada theatres will be released (iirc its only playing on the 27th but i cant find a list of theatres)

>the general public are responsible for making these songs #1 hits
>"b-b-but has the general public ever heard of these songs?"

>They still had a unique sound and lyrical theme when they debuted
Not really. Maybe compared to American music, but in the UK, they were pretty clearly jut another development out of the pop side of the Madchester-type sound. If you mix The Stone Roses with stuff lifted from classic rock, you get Oasis.

>Oasis
>Good

don't believe the truth

>how many are the general public actually familiar with?
If you were alive in the 90s, you know Oasis.

>One Night Only

That's why. They don't expect anyone to actually watch it, anyone can make a fan made movie of their favorite band if they had money.

>"to be honest Oasis was like The Beatles of their time''