youtube.com/watch?v=iB-aZYy2v2k
youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U
youtube.com/watch?v=a484VNz3umU
youtube.com/watch?v=7bLonprIWm4
youtu.be/nrOPVo5GFY4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyday.

>Faggot navy gun

wew lad, why don't you just get a tattoo on your forehead that says "I suck dicks all day long"

>muh 7.62 x 39

>faggot navy gun

What are you 12? Sigs are arguably some of the best pistols around

H&K is better in every way except price

And the shitty triggers

That's like saying BMW over chevy

Who /odd caliber/ here?

.35 Whelen reporting

>sigs are some of the best around!

who cares, still a dick sucking navy gun

Do you even have a CHL?

Hey I have a little siggy SP2220.

It's my desk gun though.

These are pretty nifty

Double action is fine

I sell guns at a big chain store part time. AMA

Where you at, cabelas, dicks, gander?

What's a good first handgun?

One of those, although one dosnt sell guns and the other was just bought out.

Yeah I need to get some cool thing like that. Mine's just in my desk drawer and that looks pretty fucking useful.

Oh it took me a second why that had a button up top and why the damn thing was so fucking huge just to hold your gun. It folds up in there and you press the button (or if it's a lock or whatever) and it flips down to where you can draw it. Damn that is cool pham.

Concealed carry or home defense?

>inb4 open carry

>firing pin

45-70 or die

Home defense

what was he shooting at?

I used to work at Gander. Loved my coworkers but management was shit. Always wanting us to sell gullible people warranties they didn't need, etc.

If you get a biometric safe spend some money and get a decent one. The cheap ones aren't reliable.

Is this the most famous gun in movie history?

For a budget buy the smith and Wesson sd9ve. The trigger is shit and is a literally copy of the glock design, but for the price it's a decent gun to start out with. Easy to clean and has a high cap magazine. The sd9ve is the most sold hand gun at my store. If you want to spend a little more I'd go with a beretta m9 or a glock 19 gen 3. Both can double up as a daily carry and home defense.

That or this. Maybe even the m60

I'd get a shield before an sd9ve. Literally the worst trigger I've felt. You won't be accurate with it.

H&K USP .45 loaded with federal HST hollowpoints

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKR6evZRQQ

>for awhile it was a meme that sigs were so heavy you called them boat anchors
>they make a model with an actual boat anchor printed on it

nice, i like it

Particularly amusing in that he doesn't even carry a Walther in the first several Fleming novels. He carries a Beretta - it's the gun Q tells him to throw out in Dr. No because it's shit.

>tfw a SIG P229 is my carry gun
>tfw it's in movies and TV all the time

Shield In .9 is decent (thumb safety, good trigger, good quality) in .40 is overwhelming in recoil and very low cap for a home defense

You know why they have sheep on aircraft carriers? they make less noise

Me

I work at an academy outdoors and we sell the sd9 home defense (and ve). That's the one I was looking at. It seems to be between that and a glock 19, the s&m being cheaper

What state is your academy in?

>If you get a biometric safe spend some money and get a decent one. The cheap ones aren't reliable.
After posting I realized that it was a biometric safe. I don't trust biometrics in the slightest. If I'm gaymen or something and my hands are all sweaty and I hear a crash downstairs, I ain't got time to fuck around with biometrics. They're just too unreliable to me. Honestly, if it was just a button I'd go for that. Call that irresponsible if you want, but I live alone so I have guns in unlocked drawers and that wouldn't be any less responsible than what I do now. Ideally, I'd get one with a key and I train myself to insert (but not release the thing) once getting home and sitting down for the evening and remove upon leaving home every time.

What is the general consensus about using various types of buckshot as home defense?

>tfw a gun thread is the perfect dipping stick to measure the euro trash and teenagers that are actually on this board

possibly felons too

The average age on Cred Forums is somewhere near 15-17

>in .9
A handgun in a .9 caliber would be pretty damn impressive.
>228mm

It's an old standby for a reason. It'll kill an intruder dead, legally-safe guns come in 12ga in all 50 states, and it won't overpenetrate and kill the neighbors.

Not scientific, but it's a decent idea of penetration.
youtube.com/watch?v=qRlry5KH6I0

The Judge could be decent home defense due to it's small size, but I wouldn't take it out of the house due to that spread. Otherwise you can get a pretty small Mossberg 500 without too much trouble. Again, not for CC.

It used to be that you'd either get a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870, but everything I've heard for the last five years has the new 870s coming out with terrible internals. Parts rattling around, and so on. Stick with Mossberg until Remington gets their act together.

LUL
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvuosRHdbis
youtube.com/watch?v=iB-aZYy2v2k
youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U

are DPMS AR-10s any good?

Just get 5.56mm

Fortunately for you GunVault makes all of their models in biometric and standard 4-button combination versions. In my opinion for $100 they are worth it.

Even if you don't have kids it keeps idiot friends or whoever from touching your shit.

I already have a colt AR-15. It's a great rifle. Looking at getting something with more oomph before semi autos are banned.

All day every day, bitchcock.

Why fire bigger bullet when can just fire 2 5.56mm rounds to same spot?

Ga

you forgit the y stupid

>GunVault
Thanks for the namedrop I didn't really know the brand.

>Even if you don't have kids it keeps idiot friends or whoever from touching your shit.
Yeah good point. It might actually be worth it. I'll have to look further into it. My desk is some weird ass piece of furniture desu

You got a Death Wishâ„¢?

To add, I have a Governor (S&W copycat to the Taurus Judge). Here's Hickok's review on that gun. Not much different desu, maybe a bit of build quality. But that isn't why I'm posting.
youtube.com/watch?v=a484VNz3umU

Watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=7bLonprIWm4

Not him, but I wouldn't trust 5.56 against one or more wild boar unless you have really good shot placement. Especially if I got charged.

ITT: Shit guns and kids who don't know how to use them

I carry this daily
I'd be very surprised if It was ever in a movie
ill check though

What movies utilize the Boomstick best?

Westworld is giving me an hard-on for old school repeater rifles and shotguns

wow someone actually did their research for a movie and put a korean gun in the hands of a korean soldier

im impressed

I don't now, are we talking all time?

youtu.be/nrOPVo5GFY4

Korea has a decent film industry of their own. I'm not terribly surprised they'd have props of their locally-made guns.

Now if it were a korean gun used by a korean soldier in a Western movie, I'd be impressed.

this is in most gangster movies with a variant in most ww2 movies

its not a prop
its a real export model that was cucked with a bar in the barrel so they could shoot blanks

>game gear
>not a Nomad

nomad doesnt fit in a pocket though
I leave it at home next to my tower of power TM

appaloosa

>thinking to myself that carrying a bayonet for edc was odd, before I noticed the buttplug and cat ears

I didn't think I'd been here this long. How the time flies.

Wouldn't it be the other way around?

Nah. I worked from 12 o'clock down. I saw and assessed the buttplug without thinking it was strange in the least.

I'll post some more once I've moved into the cuck shed.

God

Nothing. He's making it appear as though a firefight happened there, and so he's spraying rounds at nothing.

They really aren't. They're just overpriced.

This.
Don't get me wrong, they do have some nice pieces, but they're not going to do much that FN can't, save for charging you an extra $300 - $500 because of the H&K name.

Also their nice guns are the massive ones made for genuine special forces and not CC. Pic related.

Didn't SOCOM reject the Mk.23 as being too unwieldy? It's the size of a freaking Desert Eagle for god's sake.

Dunno about the reason for the rejection (although I've heard it did happen), and it is a massive gun.

Not my picture, but IIRC that's a deagle in .357

>we need a high tech, modern, expensive gun manufacturer to show our spec ops team is well trained and has money

Whats with the panties nigga

have you seen the price on sigs? a 226 costs the same as a p30. even more if you get the fuckboi anchor edition

it was never used by any special forces, its just a videogame meme gun.

>it was never used by any special forces
That's what being rejected by SOCOM means, anonymous.

I carry a .44 bulldog in my glove box
I wont lie and say manhunter didnt influence this decision

do you not wear underwear daily?

It's also only a pound lighter than a CQBR.

>have you seen the price on sigs?
I own a West German P226, two P229s (one in 9mm and one in .40), a P239, a SIG 1911, and an SG556.

I'd still prefer one to an H&K any day of the week, and I've shot several.

go to /k/, but generally the best thing you can do is
>read up on local laws first and see what you can get
>go to a gun store, handle a few, if possible rent them and shoot them
>get a decent list of 4-6 guns to choose from, then narrow the list down futher
>use price, comfort, deals, ect to help narrow it down
if youre not worried about cc'ing you have a bigger range of options. Maybe look at a rifle first

>beretta 92 fs
>any glock model
>1911
>smith and wesson model 10
>.38 snub noses
>colt SAA
nah, but its up there

>Circa 2000: every SOF group had their own special pistol
>15 years of Middle East wars later: they all carry Glocks
kek

To be fair, most of those are merely famous guns, not guns that became famous because of movies.

We are on the television and film board after all.

>browse /k/ just as much as Cred Forums
>dont like to talk about gun related subjects in case I get banned or it starts a shit posting contest
>find out Cred Forums likes guns too and im not as different as I thought
you guys are ok sometimes

Yeah, turns out you'll never use anything except your rifle, so why not carry an extra grenade :^)

>mfw knew four different guys across three states who all bought a glock after coming back from overseas
That's what happens when you go Rangers and get stationed with the cool guys a few steps above you, apparently. They're pretty good guns though.

they were famous IRL becuase they were either practical, standard issue or the best option. There are tons of arguably just as good guns that are famous amongst shooters but never get recognition in tv or movies

>underappreciated firearms in cinema?
most of you wouldnt know what this is without cowboy bepop

in that case I'd have to go with
Deagle
Uzi
P90 (maybe?)

Go get a police trade-in Glock 19. You can find em online in the $300 range.

Those are all famous guns, but the Walther PPK is probably the most famous MOVIE gun. You see a lot of those guns in movies because they're very common and/or adopted by organizations such as the US military or police departments which are seen in movies a lot.

I can't name another gun that is as uniquely identified with a specific film as the Walther PPK, except maybe Dirty Harry's S&W Model 29.

Ignore people giving you brand advice. See:
The best gun for you is the gun that fits comfortably in your hand, the gun that you can shoot confidently and well.

Most ranges or gun stores will have rentals, some will haveq uite a few and let you try them out for a flat fee. Try to take notice of what seems to be the largest caliber you can comfortably shoot, and aim for a gun that caliber or less - remember that shooting at a range is easier than shooting in a confused, frightened, or uncertain situation when something went crash at 3AM.

Honestly, most semiautomatics are like 90% identical to other semiautomatics. Some do or don't have safety switches, but other than that, they all handle more or less similarly, control-wise, and they all operate on the same basic principle. Some people recommend revolvers for new shooters, but I don't. Try a revolver too and see if you like them.

you do know the walther pp series was used in WW2, as well as many other police and military units in Europe during the cold war right? Same reason all those other pistols were famous, but they all continue to be iconic. The ppk is the "james bond gun", all the others have more iconic roles

dont forget Double action only or DAK. you might not want them as a first gun but dont be caught off guard when you walk into a gun store and see all the options

Yes, I know it was a police and military gun. Fuck, the PPK stands for Poleizeipistole-Kurz, or compact police pistol.

I'm just saying, talking most specifically about their use in cinema history, the PPK is exceptional for its close identification with a famous movie character. For instance, the M-16 series is very commonly seen in pretty much any Vietnam-or-later movie about American soldiers, or pretty much any other movie about soldiers for that matter, but few of those films treat the rifle as an icon of their franchise in the same way Bond is identified with his firearm.

all im saying is that, while the ppk is one of the most iconic pistols ever, there are some that I have found to be more Iconic
My no guns friends only know it as the "james bond" or "spy" gun, but they can name a beretta or colt 1911 right off the bat

Fuck, dat Walther

while those pics have good advice, I think it's too much advice for a first-time buyer. The differences between SAO, DA/SA, DAO are important, but when we're talking first-gun I think they're less important than basic staples like "Are you comfortable shooting it?" and "Are you confident you can hit a target with it?".

Once they've narrowed it down to some pistols they can say they're comfortable with or liked shooting, then it's time to talk more specifically about how they operate and what the distinction is.

Any love for the good old .357 wheelgun? Probably not the best to carry but I love shooting them.

I know what that is and I've never heard of cowboy bebop
dont impose your own shortcomings onto others

Nah man, legit first concern is, "Can I afford this shit?"

You don't want to go in an fall in love with a $1000 firearm and then have to settle for some shit in your price range.

Is there some reason they're not good for carry?

they are fat and low capacity

If you can't save up $1000 over maybe six months you probably can't afford to shoot the gun enough to build proficiency anyway.

though honestly, I doubt a first-time shooter is going to have such high standards as to be unable to find an acceptable sub-$1k firearm anyway.

Would you rather carry 6 rounds .357-type, or 15 + 1 in .45/9mm?

Bulky mostly, also low cap but that's probably less of a concern for EDC. Reliability is supposedly better, but even then you're probably better off with a .38 snubnose or something.

Keep in mind that people who buy for home defense are not the same as people who buy for CC and/or as a hobby.

There is a very good reason the Judge exists, and not just as a range toy. Gimmick or not, it has a genuine target market that does exist.

>15+1
>.45
Double-stack .45s are way fatter than any revolver. I do carry a 15+1 9mm, but I wouldn't say six .357 rounds is insufficient.

slower reload and a little bulkier, but thats splitting hairs depending on what you like. Also not as much capacity, but some autos only carry 5-6 shots anyway. Do you want capacity or conceal ability, there is no in between

The question you need to ask is
"why would I carry a revolver over a semi-auto?"

If you can answer that question with something other than "it looks cool," then get one. Otherwise save the money until you're looking for a range toy.

Lower left, it's the gun Leon had in the Resident Evil 2 game.

They're simpler to operate than a semiauto, less things you can do to fuck it up or make the gun go click instead of bang. If it does go click, just pull the trigger again. Unless you're really experienced or trained with guns, it's easy to screw up in the heat of the moment even if you ordinarily don't have a problem in controlled conditions, and that's important for a first-timer gun.

Not saying revolvers are automatically better, but that they should be tried as well as semiautos.

single action revolvo vs double action semi kinda defeats your argument

I think he's talking all the little switches and levers semi-autos can have, which is a fair point.

Still, a glock is pretty simple.

A double action revolver doesn't, which most modern revolvers are. And if you failed to chamber a round, a semi needs to be racked, whereas a DA revolver you just pull the trigger again.

They're all pretty simple, but in a really stressed situation even simple things can snag you. If it takes you even one full second to process "Why did the gun click? Oh, yeah, rack the slide." and do that, an attacker could sprint across a standard American two-lane street and hit you.

my dad gave me one of these (9mm version) last month. haven't shot it yet

my point is it all depends on the specific gun, not the broad type

> it's a 14 year old just heard about Cred Forums and thought he'd post there and be "cool" episode

Jesus you sound like a mongoloid fuckwit, i don't know which is worse to believe, that you're some 12 year old thinking he's cool or if you're an actual adult member of society and are this retarded...

Coolest guns in the movie imo