How was the shot lethal for Durden but not for himself?

How was the shot lethal for Durden but not for himself?

Intent

His eyes were open

But if intent was all it took why did he even need to shoot himself? Or why even in the head?

the top is spinning and won't stop

it scrambled his brains just enough to straighten him out

idk if this meme, but intelligen

Meme magic.

>9mm

It wasn't lethal for either of them because Durden wasn't real. The bullet came out his cheek you rube.

Because he intended to kill himself, and he fucked up. It wasn't a clever ruse to trick tyler into not existing.

>stoppin powah

Because Durden thought the gun was loaded (both of them did) with real rounds not blanks so when Ed Norton shot himself the actual result was what Durden thought would happen even though only blanks were in the gun.

I've never seen a blank blow a hole in someones face before.

there was a liveleak video of someone an heroing with a blank because he put the barrel right against his temple. The air didn't have anywhere to go but through his skull.

I'll have to take your word on that. But why would Tyler's gun have blanks in it when it was shown to be loaded earlier? He didn't have extra bullets. He pulled it from the cop.

I wasn't that guy I was just replying. I don't think it was a blank. People survive shots to the face all the time. If you watch the scene it seems when he pulls the trigger the barrel is facing the back of his mouth at an angle, so it could have gone out the back of his neck at an angle/ricocheted to the side. It didn't necessarily hit his brain/spinal cord and he is bleeding like a motherfucker after he shoots himself.

He shoots a car glass before with that same gun (and then Tyler goes "WOW, WOW" waving his arms, as seen even in the trailer). It's live rounds, not blanks

it's "WOAH" you illiterate foreigner.

Because pay attention. He shoots himself through the bottom soft palate and out through his cheek. Would hurt like a son of a bitch but no where near close to lethal.

The compressed air coming out the barrel can travel a few feet, enough to break the glass and shatter the Narrators cheek

It's more than a few feet away. Just read

let's not forget that compressed air can melt steel beams

kek, keep reaching friendo

He didn't die because he shot himself through the cheek.
Tyler died because he thought Ed killed himself.

That's because he dies after a while but Fincher is a hack and missed that important part.

If he dies how come he's in Fight Club 2?

elaborate

Was he shooting at God?

no

He believed it was

It wasn't lethal to either of them
Ed (can't remember the character)s name) became Durden fully
He shot himself to force his mind to pick one and he picked Durden since the personality after the shot is wayy more Durden than Ed

the chick was not hot at all

I'd fuck her.

I'm pretty sure the book explicitly mentions how blunt force trauma can cure mental problems, specifically schizophrenia. in any case i think it's more symbolic than anything.

He didn't actually shoot

the character didnt have a name. hes just the narrator in the movie and the book. also book ending is better, he bites off his tongue and gets sent to a mental ward

Suicide is the ultimate surrender of the id, and Tyler Durden was the id. That's why he died. The shot was literally aimed at killing Norton, but metaphorically it was killing his impulsive, selfish, destructive side. That's the whole reason he actually shot himself in the first place.

Poor writing.

The point of the whole fucking movie is that everything you see is unreliable, he probably didn't shoot himself and it was a symbolic way to show us that he 'killed' Durden (or Durden killed him, idc) at that point. Maybe it's a metaphor or something, I don't know, haven't watched this shit in ages. You guys are seriously retarded with all this compressed air crap.

because he proved to be the real bad ass

It's probable like the story of that guy who had severe depression or OCD or whatever the fuck it was. He got sick of it ruining his life so he decided to kill himself. He shoots himself in the head, and blows out the part of his brain that was responsible for the depression/OCD/whateverthefuck.

True story, couldn't be fucked to find a source though.

He botched the suicide but full intended to do it.

This either tricked Tyler or proved that he REALLY wanted to be rid of him.

This faget hasn't read Fight Club 2, Durden isn't dead.

but Ed didn't kill himself