If I wanted to introduce someone to this show, what would be the best first episodes to show them?

If I wanted to introduce someone to this show, what would be the best first episodes to show them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xNdERWR3id0
youtube.com/watch?v=8DOrJeTaCRg
youtu.be/bDHY7Smo5hk
youtube.com/watch?v=0KHaWbxogNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Frank's Little Beauties

Nightman Cometh

the dennis system

These, but I also liked Thunder Gun express and The Gang Hits The Road

Why, you may ask? Because of the implications.

Start at the beginning.

"SEE, YOU ALL SAID I WAS RACIST FOR SAYING THEY'RE ALL RELATED, BUT THEY ARE!"

and

"How that ass feel?"

>ITT lots of pretenders to the throne

The Gang Gets Taken Hostage is the fairest of them all

NO

These are only great if you've seen the rest. both of those would probably scare off any new viewers.
"The Gang Gives Frank An Intervention"

or

"Franks pretty woman"

You can't see Frank's Pretty Woman before the Gang gets Invincible. Out of order - it would make no sense!

>Frank's Little Beauties
THIS

nooo two frank episodes for a newcomer? you gotta get a neutral funny one that shows all the characters and their tendencies. also preferably one that takes place mostly at pattys

>The Gang Gets Taken Hostage is the fairest of them all
Not sure if I agree with you that it's the "fairest of them all," but I also disagree that anyone should be started on a series with the best episode.

It leads to disappointment over the rest of the series, as they keep hoping for an even funnier episode.

the one where dennis tries to fuck charlies and macs moms

The first episode. Who the fuck introduces a show out of order regardless if there isn't any continuity?

Charlie as Serpico

Mac Bangs Dennis's Mom. It was the show's first real masterpiece episode, and it pretty much lays out their whole group dynamic before they really start digging in and getting weird in later seasons.

CharDeeMcDennis

Season 1 is pretty average

The crack episode or the first when they drop the nigger bomb a couple of times

The gang hits the road is the most normie

sweet dee gets audited

S1E1-Made on a $25 budget and sold the entire board of directors of FX. It's flagship kino.

funny but too much bird for a newcomer, they might get rattled

First ep i saw

Good starter ep.

Flipadelphia one for sure.

Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare
If they don't like that episode they won't like the show
There is no "best episode" of Always Sunny

Or the gang buys a boat

I feel like this episode is so massively overrated. Its alright but doesnt hold up against their better stuff

The Nightman Cometh is total normie bait.

im not saying its the best episode but its a good safe way to make sure a newcomer will laugh and get to know the cast

No, that's not the pilot they used to get their foot in the door. It was an early version of "Charlie Has Cancer," the characters are all struggling actors living in LA instead of bartenders in Philly, and it LOOKS like it was shot for $25. You can find it on YouTube, it's not the actual pilot episode of the show

They didn't shoot S1E1 for $25, get real. It's not like they had a HUGE budget, but everything you see in season 1 was done with the network's support

Won't cha come on stage and join me?

In this thing CALLED MATRIMONY!!!

Start at S2 then 4>1>8>6>9>11>5>3>10
Don't bother with 7

But it's still hilarious, and "normie bait" makes it a good starting point for a new viewer.
>Don't say "stage-freeze," just do it!

Wtf dude no, season 7 was great

Don't bother with this guy's opinion

From the beginning...
Cricket's transformation is amazing.

It makes me a little angry that you really think this is a good way to watch a show

>dont bother with 7

Lmao

I think you can start a person on almost any episode, with a couple exceptions

And this is one of them

Charlie doing Serpico for 20 minutes is nothing special at all

This post made me angry desu good job

The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis
It's very funny and establishes all characters personalities well, and their relationships to other characters.

This is the only correct answer

/thread

The gang goes to Aushchwitz

I get flashbacks to my childhood watching this show. everyone i know from philly is basically a member of the gang to one extent or another.

they really captured the stupid as fuck, and banally evil vibe of people from there.

Paddy's Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia

this should slay normies

youtube.com/watch?v=xNdERWR3id0

Frank's Brother

comfy

You boys on tonight?

Charlie Work is the best episode

The gang reignites the rivalry

>DOMINO BIAATCH

The Gang Kills Obama and
Dennis: Portrait of Serial Killler are kino episodes

Skip the first season where they are edgy for the sake of being edgy and go straight into the second season.

This. I've introduced the show to more than one person and the pilot is the way to go. Just continue chronologically and let them make a decision the same way you did. Furthermore, the first season has some of the most clever and grounded episodes in the series.

The Gang Hits the Road
The Gang Buy a Boat
The DENNIS System
The Gang Dances Their Asses Off
The Gang Gets Lost in the Woods

This.

Chardee Macdennis
Charlie Rules the World
The Gang Dines out
Hundred Dollar Baby

But really I think starting from the first episode is better. The transformation of Cricket and the gang is amazing to see.

the waitress is getting married
might mess up continuity but one of the best episodes

How do people not realize the answer is The Gang Gets Analyzed?

Literally the worst choice. You wouldn't understand that episode at all if you knew nothing about the characters.

the gang solves the north korean situation is gold

youtube.com/watch?v=8DOrJeTaCRg

This is a good place to start.

First episode I showed to a friend specifically because of that.

I particularly like the Jihad one, especially for the fence scene.

This show is so boring.

Saw the first three episodes of the first season though. Am I autistic or

Frank Gets an Intervention. My personal favorite.

Season one is the most normal. It's not really shocking in the least anymore taking into account what they've done in subsequent seasons. Still has its moments though. If you didn't like it you might no like the show

I'm not sure if it was the very first episode I saw, but the gang buys a boat is the episode that got me hooked on the show. Every character has at least one of their own great moments; dee dancing with the inflatable tube man is still so hilarious to me.
>Those are not oysters. Do not eat those. Do not feed those to us.
Or Mac and Dennis going to the boat party and meeting the dude with no hand thinking he's a pirate but he really just had diabetes lol.

The gang solves the north korean situation is a good jumping off point

The Gang Dines out is a good episode to show after someone has seen a season's worth.

>look at that door you you think they got a pirate in there?!
>I see a door marked "private" is that what you're referring to?

Sweet Dee is Dating a Retarded Person isn't half bad for a newcomer.

That whole scene is so fucking funny I started laughing just thinking about it.

I might go with The World Series Defense.

You'd have to be careful with that one though because some people are touchy about the retarded subject.
I think they'd be fine with the episode after they got into the show, but that'd likely turn some people off.

The Storm of the Century? It might not be a good choice since Cricket is already pretty fucked up by that point.

I cringed at the thought of hanging out with such oversensitive normies

Might as well start off with the episode where they kidnap a journalist, because it's one of like two episodes where they call someone a fag

>Frank's Little Beauties
Good because it is outrageous, but needs a bit of backstory on Frank

>Nightman Cometh
Horrible choice. All the show's in-jokes are going to be lost and it is just going to appear like oh so randumb xD

>the gang cracks the liberty bell
If they can't appreciate this pure top tier episode they don't deserve to watch any other episodes

Charlie got Molested is a pretty good one. Establishes the McPoyles and Frank isn't introduced yet.

Dennis and Dee go on Welfare. Great episode to show just how ridiculous things can get.

That is an awful first choice and you know it.

Reynolds vs. Reynolds

this is pretty much classic sunny

Tell them they either watch every episode or you'll no longer associate with them.

thats the one i started on and it hooked me right away

niggers hanging from rafters

Probably the first. Gang gets racist or Charlie has cancer are good litmus tests.

First episode I watched was The Gang Broke Dee. Didn't really get it at the time. Then I watched the finale of each season and they pretty much convinced me to watch the rest.

Charlie got Molested

>people who don't start tv series at the very beginning
Disgusting to be honest, familia

>rewatching this episode right now

This has some amazing lines in the first few minutes.

>Charlie to Dee
>"It's not sex I want from you, it's sex I don't want - from Dennis."

It's interesting seeing this show turn from a sitcom in the early seasons into a cartoon in the later ones.

>oh so randumb xD
It's the sort of 'randum' people will (rightfully) love though, it's how I got my sister sucked into it. You don't need any context to laugh at the ridiculous songs or jokes about a boy's hole, and if someone likes that stuff then they'll probably like the rest of the series. I wouldn't say any episode is reliant on in-jokes to be funny, just funnier.

If not that then I'd agree with . People will probably get into it as soon as they do the opening.
>There is no way I'm dating a retarded person
>"Sweet Dee's dating a retarded person"

1-9 in that order
Don't bother with 10 because it's mostly trash, all the characters are flanderized and the jokes are forced and stale and unoriginal.

youtu.be/bDHY7Smo5hk

Probably my favorite scene from Sunny.

The Gang Gets Trapped.
youtube.com/watch?v=0KHaWbxogNo

what's the general consensus on the jersey shore episode?

I just watched the gang runs for office and holy shit, I think it might be the one

>the democratic vote is the right thing, America
>so do

Mac & Dennis move to the suburbs was amazing tho

The "Vacation" montage alone makes it great.

Season one episode one

so much this
hands down best episode, especially for newcomers

the gang exploits the mortgage crisis

sweet dee gets audited

The Gang Gets Racist

Also, how the hell has Glenn Howerton not won a fucking Emmy? Especially form Season 6 onwards.

The Waitress Is Getting Married
Paddy's Pub: Home of the Original Kitten Mittens
Chardee Mcdennis
The D.E.N.N.I.S System
The Nightman Cometh
In that order. Might thrown

He's the most underrated actor. He would've been a better choice than Pratt for Guardins of the Galaxy and Jurassic World, I don't know why they chose Pratt over him.

>MY DAUGHTER 12 YEAR OLD!!!
>SMOKES
>DRINKS
>WHORE
>ENGAGED TO CHARLIE
>FRANKS BEAUTIFUL TITS IN THE WET TSHIRT CONTEST.
>Dee takes her rightful throne as the filthiest whore in philly

Normiebait.

Also, it's reaching the point where it's going to be hard for Glenn to branch out and diversify because so many people have him typecast as being Dennis IRL.

i always thought he could play good georgian/french aristocrat

Wrong, it summarises each of their personalities and history within the group pretty neatly