Prisoner of Azkaban

Saw this movie again and I fucked loved it. Why is it so good?

Great direction, acting, story, atmosphere, tone, creative camerawork, etc.

Cuaron

because you don't watch actual films
i mean u probably do but you're not watching them correctly

>don't watch actual films
>not watching them correctly
Put a fucking bullet in your head already

Because it's true wandkino and essential comfycore. Bravo Cuaron.

coz ur 14

wow bud u don't have to be so rude just because you suck at film

It actually isn't it just as dull as the rest of this dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!" I shout.
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Stop this meme

i wish the theaters around me were showing these again, the closest one to me playing any of the HP's is like an our away. I wanted to see half blood prince since it was the only one i havent seen

>you suck at consuming entertainment
Even if it's bait your still a dolt

I didn't know this was a thing. They're showing Deathly Hallow pt 1 tomorrow and Sorcerers Stone the next day near me. Thanks user for leading me to this amazing realization. Sorry about your predicament though.

>film is supposed to be entertainment
neo/tv/ everyone

Was it? I remember it was the first HP movie I didn't like. But then again Prisoner is my favorite HP book so I guess I'm a bit biased.

I still don't understand the purpose of that post being in every HP thread.

This. Plus' it's the movie that starts to turn the series from children's fantasies into more adult themed suspense/adventure. I mean Sirius Black and the dementors are terrifying the first time you see that movie.

OP makes HP threads to post that pic you dingus

Rowling still had to fucking try at this point, she wasn't totally known the world over and completely filthy stinking rich and successful yet

Friendly reminder that Prizoner of Azkaban is the best book but worst movie

yw

>harry potter become tim burton

I miss HP fanfic guy posting in every thread. What happened to him?

Goblet of Fire was the worst movie

HP3 was certainly special.
>ywn watch it twelve times during christmas again

I actually admire the autistic effort it takes to change the first bit every time. Kudos to whoever keeps posting it.

Rightfully banned back to Cred Forums for offtopic trash you degenerate tumblrina

>fleur delacour's hot little body in that one-piece during the second task

No.

comfy.

so comfy.

Because it's the only film in this dull franchise.

>Lupin and Harrys private lessons while everyone was in hogsmeade
It was like I was experiencing having a father through film ;_;

Atmosphere was top notch, and was nicely paced with a well-knit story.

No chosen one, generic good vs evil or end of the world bullcrap.

I remember the first two being pretty shit and this one was way better in comparison.

This.

Lupin and Sirius were literally the best characters in this movie because of how they were father figures to Harry.

Cuaron
Gary Oldman eating the scene like only he can
Prime Watson.

ARRREEEEEEEARRRGGH

Cast her Cred Forums
Filename related
>tfw you will NEVER get a previous generation kino with a hotter not yet evil Bellatrix with symptoms of abuse from her parents so she hasn't yet gone to the dark side

What was his problem?