>had my first full-cast readthrough of a film I'm co-directing tonight

Anyone else here trying to /makeit/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHb8tBh_VnU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

asdasd

Nice fantasy, fuckface.

give me some advice on how you got there user

Making connections by being really ingrained in the local film scene. Going to conventions, meeting film enthusiasts and especially filmmakers. I was able to go on set of one of my buddy's films and saw how things worked, and wanted to do that for my own.

After that it's just getting an idea and writing it, and if you can't write it get someone else to write it for you. Keep shit low budget at first because you probably won't find producers if you haven't put out anything before.

I think I'll try doing this. I've tried before going to craigslist filmmaking events and just ended up meeting a bunch of weirdos but I'll give it another shot and try to maybe to find outlets that are a bit more reputable.

Also making it OP. Feels fantastic.

UNO

Nah, full on /gaveup/ famalam

Be Jewish

tried to get a good idea but no so i decided to record my neet existence
>tfw over 150 hours of footage of pure lowlife cringe
Basically im talking to the camera an saying stuff that i do on the computer also play games and watch some movies with me commenting

FARTO

I never understood what he meant by "going to films instead of film school". Is he saying instead of paying money to learn how to make movies he instead watched and studied films he liked?

watch "arrebato"

He just lucked into the industry with no background

I'm sure crews fucking hate him because most the time he has no idea what he's doing, they actually make the hard technical choices and he takes all the credit..

Even now with all his experience, I've known arrogant people like that they never learn shit properly they exist in their own little world in their head.

In any medium, the key to succeeding on craigslist is to go in with a clearly defined set of goals. I wish I learned this about ten years earlier than I did.

>co-directing

Isn't this the Cred Forums version of being cucked?

>took his advice
>didn't go to film school, went to films
>have a 500 word essay on 12 Years A Slabe due next Monday and nowhere to turn it in

Am I fucked?

I'm not in film school but I'm taking a course for film crew training. Kind of sucks because to even work in the film industry you need experience, but if it's a Hollywood production they only use Union people and I need two recomendations and $1600 to join.

Fuck off, Alex.

I'm a sound engineer.

Sorta, but for writing. Writing psychological horror has proven difficult.

Yes

Who has tons of great concepts for tv/film but can't focus on actually putting pen to paper?

What's the best way to do this? Recently quit my job and I've got a few weeks to myself but all I've done so far is watch movies and TV shows I've wanted to watch but didn't have the time for. Why am I so unmotivated?

>Went to film school
>Learned how every scene in a Tarantino movie is stolen from another, more creative movie
>Realised how unoriginal my films would be if I followed him as an influence
>Decide to follow my own path
>Become fluffer on Pirates 2: Scagnetti's Revenge

Look at this dude

>took his advice
>didn't go to film school, went to films
>sold my body for science, made 7k
>made my first film
>tarantino liked it
>asked me to direct a vampire film he wrote
the rest is history, familia

Paying for an education on films is ridiculous. Meeting people there could come in handy, but it's not like actual subjects that you need to be taught.

People who defend going to film school are just insecure about the fact they have more money than sense.

Get another job, and write in your free time. You've put too much pressure on yourself. Treat it like a hobby rather than a job, because you won't be making any money off of it for a long time regardless.

OH NO NOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=QHb8tBh_VnU

what is about?

not the guy who mentioned it but it's pretty based as a film
you start off thiking they guy is a homo needy twat but in the end you're like holy fuck

>implying Rodriguez haven't earned his name by directing El Mariachi first

Share some links to your work.

3:17

he got fat on nigger toe cheese